In the Early Morning Light by lielabell
Summary: Waking up together isn't always what it seems.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Under God's Sky
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 358 Read: 3636 Published: Oct 19, 2004 Updated: Oct 19, 2004

1. What I Want by lielabell

What I Want by lielabell
There was nothing Ginny liked more than to smile up at him in the early morning light. From the first time she had seen what the sunrise could do to his beautiful body she had forced herself to wake in time to see it every chance she got. This morning made number twenty-seven. She paused, robe half on, and raked her eyes over him one last time.

How strange that I have only seen him in the early morning light twenty-seven times in the past two years.

She shook her head to clear it of unwanted thoughts then started in on her hair. She let out a resigned sigh as the brush and her tangled locks engaged in their daily battles. She hoped that today’s winner would be the brush but was fairly certain her hair would come out ahead. It always did on the mornings after.

She struggled with making herself look presentable a few moments longer before casting a glamour spell and reaching for her bag. She flipped through the contents, making sure all was in order, then made a move for the door. She was in the process of shutting it behind her when his muffled voice pulled her back into the warmth of his room.

“Gin, for god’s sake get back in bed.”

She strode purposefully towards him then leaned over and kissed his tussled blond hair. She watched as he cracked open a bloodshot eye and smiled as his arms snaked around her waist. She fell into the bed with a laugh and snuggled into his body.

“Draco you know I have to go. What would people say if they saw me leaving your room in the same robes I wore yesterday?” She kissed his collarbone and slid her hands down his body to rest on his hip. “You wouldn’t want that anymore than I do, love.”

“Don’t tell me what I want, woman,” he growled as her hands continued their exploration. “I am starting to think that marking you as my own just might be a better idea than I first thought.”
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=1438