You’d Never Smile At Me by ltnaconejita
Summary: Ginny Weasley, from the mind of Draco Malfoy.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 474 Read: 1955 Published: Nov 19, 2004 Updated: Nov 19, 2004

1. You’d Never Smile At Me by ltnaconejita

You’d Never Smile At Me by ltnaconejita
You’d Never Smile At Me

By Ltnaconejita



My name is Draco Malfoy. But it’s not like she cares. She wouldn’t care about me in a million years. I don’t blame her. I was never kind to her. I never gave her a second thought. But then why must my heart break into chasms, when I see her laugh?

She doesn’t realize it, but she is more fortunate than most. She has friends that don’t just like her just for her stature and people don’t judge her from her appearance. Well, there are those who look at her and regard as something lower than them, but those people are as low as you can go. I am not one those people.

But mostly, it’s her family. Her parents would consider her in their every decision and show her endearment every day. She has siblings that she adores. My family is nothing like that. If you can call it a family.

Sure, they’re my natural parents. I have inherited their features and customs. But not their affection. They call me “son,” and they don’t abuse me, but they don’t embrace me, they don’t smile at me. They don’t love me.

There is no one in this world I can depend on. But I don’t need anyone. I have survived almost a score of years of my life without one to love. I can continue to do so. But I don’t want to.

I want to give someone everything I can. I want to do whatever I can to make someone smile. I want to hold my loved one and make them feel as at ease as I am in their arms. I want love someone so much that every second I look at them, I feel like I’ll burst.

Why Ginerva Weasley? Because she is so real. She has taken in true happiness and genuine evil. She isn’t full of outer beauty, she shines from the light that comes from inside, the light from a wounded angel. But most of all, like me, she hasn’t found the one that would forever love her in return.

I could be the one she would love, and I would love in return, until we die. We could console in each other our hopes and dreams, our obstacles and sorrows. I could go on and on about how it could be, how I would love her until the end of the world.

But that’s not going to happen. She would never allow me to get close to her, literally or in presence. She ignores my remarks and completely hates. She could never be the one for me because she would never become my friend. She’d never smile at me.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=1648