Draco's Girl by Flameprincess
Summary: "I wish that I had Draco's Girl." A take off of the song "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield. One Shot.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1481 Read: 2652 Published: Jan 15, 2005 Updated: Jan 15, 2005

1. Draco's Girl by Flameprincess

Draco's Girl by Flameprincess
Author: Terra King
Title: Draco’s Girl
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and Co. belongs to J.K. Rowling. Jessie’s Girl belongs to Rick Springfield and various record labels.
Summary: A take off of the song “Jessie’s Girl”. One Shot.
Feedback: jeremyandterra_king@yahoo.com
Author’s Notes: Please be gentle. This is only my second fic.

Draco is an enemy, yeah, I know he's been a bad enemy of mine
But lately something's changed that ain't hard to define
Draco’s got himself a girl and I want to make her mine


Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, Pothead, Meddlesome Boy, Insufferable Troublemaker. Pick a name. Any name. It didn’t matter. Because no matter what you called him, he was in a funk. A bad mood. Miserable.

Even his best friend Ron Weasley couldn’t pull him out of it. Of course this might have something to do with the fact that Ron was a Weasley. And the Weasley’s were the reason he was in the funk to begin with. Well…a certain Weasley. A certain sixth year, redheaded goddess of a Weasley. Ginevra Weasley, if you wanted to be precise. And Harry wanted to be precise.

You see, Harry had finally realized that Ginny Weasley was a girl. A hot girl. A beautiful divine being who tempted even the gods to fall from the heavens and bask in her magnificence. She was everything a man (or boy in Harry’s case) could or would ever want. Beautiful, funny, smart, kind, beautiful (wait…I already mentioned that. Well, she’s really beautiful). The problem was that Harry wasn’t the only bloke in Hogwarts to notice that Ginny Weasley had grown up and become a girl. Well…she was always a girl, it’s just now, she’s a GIRL.

It would seem that Draco Malfoy, Head Boy, the Slytherin Bad Boy, Slytherin Sex God, Slytherin Ice Prince, Heir of Slytherin (see a pattern here?) had noticed this too. And he had noticed it before Harry Potter. Had made a move before Harry Potter. Had gotten the GIRL before Harry Potter. Who would’ve believed it? A Weasley and a Malfoy? Never in a million years. Well, it was more like a thousand, but you have to follow the family trees pretty far back to find those black sheep of the families.

And now Harry was jealous. Unbelievably jealous. He wanted to make Ginny his. He wanted what Draco Malfoy had. Which was a first in his short but action-packed life. The roles were reversed. Harry Potter envies Draco Malfoy. Isn’t that a sign of the apocalypse? It must be. The end has to be near. Otherwise, why would he be envying something that Draco Malfoy had? Could it be that Malfoy had managed to snag the perfect woman right out from Harry’s nose? How did the great evil git manage it? It just wasn’t fair. Harry wanted to make Ginny his.

And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it
Yeah 'n' he's holding her in his arms late, late at night


“Ginny, where are you going?” Harry asked the youngest Weasley as she tried to sneak out of the Common Room at midnight.

“Harry! I didn’t see you there. Umm…I was just going to the kitchens to ah…get something to eat. Yeah. Food. Really hungry you know. It must be all that N.E.W.T preparation Hermione has me doing. Even though mine aren’t till next year. She has me working like a house-elf at the Welcoming Feast. Really works up a girls appetite.”

“Oh…ok Ginny. Just be careful.” He watched her walk out the portrait hole. Harry knew she was lying. He had seen it in her chocolate colored eyes. This was the second time this week he’d seen her leave to “go to the kitchens”. The first time he’d been watching is map. He’d seen her walk down to the dungeons. Down to the Head Boy’s rooms. Seen the little dots of Draco Malfoy and Ginny Weasley so close together that they seemed to be one. He’d watched the map for three hours. Until the Ginny Weasley dot had eventually made it’s way back to the Gryffindor tower.

This wasn’t the only thing he noticed. During breakfast, lunch, dinner, in the halls, and during Quidditch games, Harry had noticed the way she looked at Malfoy. As if he was the best thing since self-stirring cauldrons. Like she actually loved Malfoy.

Which was entirely impossible. She couldn’t possibly love him. And there was no way in Hades, Malfoy loved Ginny. It wasn’t in his nature. No. Nope. Not gonna believe it.

Yeah, right. Keep telling yourself that Harry. Maybe one day it’ll come true.

You know, I wish that I had Draco’s girl, I wish that I had Draco’s girl
Where can I find a woman like that


I play along with the charade, there doesn't seem to be a reason to change
You know, I feel so dirty when they start talking cute
I wanna tell her that I love her, but the point is probably moot


Of course being the goody-two-shoe-Gryffindor that he is, Harry hasn’t ratted on Ginny yet. He has played along with her little charade. Sneaking of to the “kitchens” at night. Ron would have a heart attack at the knowledge of his little baby sister “eating” with Malfoy.

Ron already has enough problems dealing with the “couple-ly talk” that Ginny and Malfoy do when he is around. As does Harry. He wants to knock Malfoy on his ferrety-git arse and step into his place.

He doesn’t quite know why he hasn’t told Ron. But just the idea of hurting the Gryffindor Goddess, as she was being called now by Malfoy, tore Harry up inside. Even if it meant getting Malfoy off the hook too, Harry would never say anything.

He heard them the other day when they thought no one was listening. Malfoy told her that he loved her. Would always love her. It made Harry want to puke. There was no way that Harry could declare his love for her now.

'Cos she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it
And he's holding her in his arms late, late at night


She’s sneaking out again. Harry doesn’t bother to stop and question her this time. It’s rather obvious to him where she’s going. Back to Malfoy’s arms. Back to his bed to hold him in her arms and gaze at him with her chocolate eyes, with love shining for him to see.

Like Draco’s girl, I wish that I had Draco’s girl
Where can I find a woman, where can I find a woman like that


And I'm lookin' in the mirror all the time, wondering what she don't see in me
I've been funny, I've been cool with the lines
Ain't that the way love supposed to be
Tell me, where can I find a woman like that


Standing in front of the mirror, Harry tries to understand. Why doesn’t she want me? Why doesn’t she love me?
He’s tried jokes, understanding, helping with her homework, and being there when she needs a shoulder to cry on. Isn’t that love?

And then it hits him. That is love… Brotherly love. Dammit. He doesn’t want to be her brother! But he understands now. He’ll never have her. She’ll always be Draco’s Girl. Never Harry’s Girl. Where can he find a woman like that?

You know, I wish that I had Draco’s girl, I wish that I had Draco’s girl
I want Draco’s girl, where can I find a woman like that, like
Draco’s girl, I wish that I had Draco’s girl, I want, I want Draco’s girl


Fin
Feedback? Please!
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=2040