You Will Never be Forgotten by xxDiamondxx
Summary: Ginny reflects on Draco and all the things she misses. For Patty D. Ginnys POV
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2281 Read: 2708 Published: Feb 08, 2005 Updated: Feb 08, 2005

1. You Will Never Be Forgotten by xxDiamondxx

You Will Never Be Forgotten by xxDiamondxx
I had a story written for my best friend Patrick Micheal D’Aliso but it was on my comp in the states. So I am writing a new one since I am always thinking of him. It’s going to be one shot song fic.

The characters belong to the wonderful J.K.R. who is amazing! The song also belongs to Jessica Andrews from her ‘Now’ CD. Anything you may know most likely doesn’t belong to me. Sad isn't it? Onward!




You Will Never Be Forgotten



People didn’t understand it in the beginning. Why would she be at his grave every month? It wasn’t something many people knew the true actual story to. She wasn’t one of the girls that ran in his social class in, or if it ever had come to it, out of school. They were complete opposites. Yet, throughout his final year they had forged a bond, a friendship that she would take with her wherever she would go in life.


I’ll always see your face.

The corner of your smile,

And all the little things,

No one will ever know.

Like it was yesterday,

Won’t ever fade away,

Goodbye is just a word…

I will never say.



Now, all she had to look at was an empty seat. No pointy pale face. No storm cloud eyes. No grin, sneer not even his traditional trademark smirk from the former occupant of that seat. No Draco Malfoy would ever sit there again. She would never have a staring contest with him and watch his mouth slowly form a smile when she actually won. Or see him run his hands through his hair when he was angry. Then there were those times when he would be speechless or nervous, and when that happened he would bury his hands deep into his pockets. She knew even if she couldn’t physically see him, that all she needed to do was close her eyes.

It seemed like yesterday that she was observing him, while he in return, observed her. It stayed in her mind like the first day she truly got to know him. He had been himself, the usual cocky Draco but something was different. His eyes shone with a different light that no one had noticed. Till her that is. It was imprinted in her mind and she knew as the nights grew longer and the days shorter it would never fade from her. She refused to say goodbye.


You will never be forgotten.

A million days can pass us by.

But what is time but just a dream.

I still feel you here with me.

You’re more than just a memory…

Oh you will never be forgotten.



****

Tuesday night, she received and owl from a black hawk. She recognized it immediately as Draco’s hawk. Taking the parchment from her grasp she broke the waxed seal and began reading, wondering what he could have wanted she had just seen him not too long ago.

Hey Gin.
I know it’s late and you’re about to go to sleep but I wanted to say goodnight. Remember a while ago, you promised me that no matter what happened in the future, you wouldn’t do anything irrational. I just wanted to remind you of that promise. I need to go little weasel.

Love you Draco


It was nothing out of the norm for them. They by all means weren't in love with each other. They were best friends. No matter what could happen to them, they knew they would always have each other. The bond they had was one of the strongest bonds either of them had ever experienced. It was the truest forms of friendship. Grabbing a piece of parchment she wrote back quickly.

Hey Drake,
Yes I remember. And I told you, and I wouldn’t brake it. I won’t keep you waiting. Any ways remember you promised to help me with my Muggle Studies project on Thursday.

Love You Too,
Gin


She rolled up the parchment and sealed it with wax. Draco’s hawk was waiting by her window. She walked towards it and it took the parchment in her claw before flying off to its rightful owner. She got into her bed and fell asleep quickly.

The day she found out, the school found out, was one of the hardest if not the hardest, days of her life. It was the day after she had received his owl. She looked for him like she always did while in the Great Hall. Maybe he slept in, she had thought to herself. Wednesday came and went and there was no sign of Draco Malfoy anywhere. While making her way to breakfast she overheard a few Slytherin’s that were commenting on Draco’s absence.

“He went home. Something about… taking care of a few things, once and for all. I think he meant his Dad.” Blaise Zabini told a couple of guys from Slytherin. She went by unnoticed by the 6th year Slytherin boys. She always went by unnoticed; she was just a lonely Weasley. As she entered the Great Hall she wondered, what could have been of such great important that his presence was needed at the Manor?

She knew not to bother looking for him because he wouldn’t be there. She was in the common room when one of her closest friends came sprinting in. Luna Lovegood as known that Ginny and Draco were friends. No one really had known that Luna and Blaise were friends. This is how she had found out everything.

Ginny didn’t even question how Luna got into her common room. She went towards Ginny who was walking towards her room.

“Ginny…” she began, trying to maintain her normal tone but failing miserably. Ginny stopped and turned around to talk to her friend.

“Were you friends with Draco?” she asked in a tone Ginny had never heard from her before. As she reflected back on it later on, she had never realized that she had said were.

“Yeah… why?” Ginny said still walking towards Luna who was by the fire.

“Gin… he… he killed himself.” She saw Ginny’s face pale as tears sprang to her wide eyes. She shook her head no and Luna decided it was best to keep her distance.

“Blaise just told me. I’m so sorry Gin. I know how close you were.” Luna walked towards her while Ginny had collapsed onto the red chair in sobs. “Are you okay?” Unable to speak due to the large lump in her throat she just nodded no. Luna made her way out and when she passed Ron and Company, she whispered to them not to bother her.


I can’t hold your hand,

Or look into your eyes.

And when I talk to you,

It just echo’s in my mind.

But if hearts are made of dust,

And we feel from the stars.

I’ll look up tonight…

And know just where you are.


She was in the astronomy tower, looking at the night sky. It had only been two days since she went to his burial. The burial took place on Saturday and she had attended. Not that there was a doubt in her mind whether or not to attend. She had cried tears she never knew she had. Luna was with her as was Colin. If anything else, they were there, so their friend wouldn’t be alone.

It was a hard time for Ginny. She just kept thinking about all the times they had shared and all the times they wouldn’t be able to share. She wouldn’t see him graduate and become whatever he was destined to become. He wouldn’t hold her hand when she was sad. She can only picture his silver eyes now, instead of staring into them telling him own unique they were.

She sits looking up to the stars, knowing he is watching her. They never talked about his family in depth, but she knew what it was like. As the night slowly was turning into day, she talked to him. Sure he couldn’t answer her, not unless he was a ghost, which he wasn’t. She could hear his responses in head. The last of the evening stars were fading away and she knew that all she had to do was look up and he was there. Somewhere up there he would be taking care of her.


You will never be forgotten.

A million days can pass us by.

But what is time but just a dream.

I still feel you here with me.

You’re more than just a memory…

Oh you will never be forgotten.



It was hard for her to concentrate on her school, which was ending within a month. Her family treated her like glass, afraid that she would breakdown and cry. The teachers were doing their best as well, to make sure those affected would not do anything unhealthy. On more than one occasion, Ginny was brought into a teachers office to discuss how she was doing. She opened up to only one teacher. At the end of the May month, exactly 12 days since the incident, Professor Snape had called her to his classroom.

“Miss Weasley, I'm sure you know why you are here.” He stated to her, in a tone she had never heard him use in all her years at Hogwarts. She nodded her head and felt the prickling in the back of her eyes and the tingling in her nose that meant tears would be forming any second now.

“Miss Weasley… are you sure you can handle everything?” he asked her in a soft tone that made the tears silently stream down her cheeks. She shook her head no and his eyes softened greatly. Ginny knew that Draco considered Severus Snape as good as a father.

“It’s just so… hard.” She managed to mutter through her closed throat. She saw Prof. Snape nod for her to continue. “I don’t know what to do anymore… he just helped me and he’s gone… Why would he leave me? He promised me…” she told him, while sobs raked her body with pain and anger, but most of all, loneliness.

She had spent the good part of that particular evening in Prof. Snape’s classroom. They talked about everything concerning Draco. Professor Snape told her that when he and Draco would have one of their weekly discussions she was always one of the topics on the list. It made her feel better knowing that he cared for her enough to tell his mentor. She left that night and before she got out of the classroom Professor Snape said, “Miss Weasley, please come back if you ever need to talk about anything.” She nodded and gave him a small smile.


And the world keeps on going,

Has no way of knowing…

That you’re gone…



She was at his grave again, which is where she could be found when she needed a place of peace. Dumbledore had made arrangements for Draco to be buried near the Forbidden Forest, seeing how that was one of his favorite places in Hogwarts. The marble was enchanted to look the exact shade of his eyes. The writing was in a dark gray and had his name engraved on it, along with his date of birth and date of death.

Lives resumed and people soon forgot, about the wizard that had killed him self at such a young age. As the days continued on, all of Ginny’s friends thought she had left it in the past. Not that she would tell them that she still cried for him. She was suppose to be strong and to have it be February now, 9 months after his death, and still cry for him made her feel weak.

She touched the engraving on the stone with her fingers. May 19 it read. That day would always be in her mind. She would always go on with her life and carry the memories of their 8-month friendship in her heart.

“I’ll never forget you Draco.” She whispered to the stone, while she kissed her fingertips then touched the engraved name.








Authors Note: Thanks for pointing out about the song dracoandginny.com because to be quite honest I wrote this without the song and added it later on in the story. Thanks for the reminder!
I wrote this for Patty because I have been going through a lot lately and he’s just always on my mind. Yeah… SO this is dedicated to

Patrick Micheal D’Aliso
September 5, 1987
To
May 19, 2004


Love You Patty.
Xxdiamondxx
AKA
OuA
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=2213