Come Back by NoEvidence
Summary: You still are apart of me, and now I feel like half of myself has died. And without that other half, I’m just an empty shell. I can’t think and I can’t breathe. I am nothing.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 528 Read: 2135 Published: May 13, 2005 Updated: May 13, 2005

1. The Letter by NoEvidence

The Letter by NoEvidence
Come Back

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside
--Switchfoot

(This fic is inspired by "PS, I love you," By, Cecilia Ahern)

...

I hated you, I loved you, and I worshipped you. You were my enemy when we fought. You were my friend when we had anything and nothing to talk about. You were my solitude when I felt lost, and you were my savior when I was unable to crush the horrible feelings inside me. In fact, you were so much to me I'm beginning to think you were everything to me.

I remember telling you that I could not go on alone. I was angry with you for disagreeing, and still I am. How could you ever think that I could move on without you? You were my life. You were apart of me. You still are apart of me, and now I feel like half of myself has died. And without that other half, I'm just an empty shell. I can't think and I can't breathe. I am nothing.

I am nothing without you.

In the beginning, I hated you with all the fibers in me. Then, I did not know the meaning of my life. I was basically a soulless body living life like a dream, waiting for the reason why I was put on this world to roll around. I drifted by the first six years of my schooling without a real future ahead of me. You teased me, you mocked me, and you ridiculed me. But I realized it wasn't in the same menacing way as you did with my brothers. Somehow, with me, you were different.

Then...it happened. Everything changed, and I knew that YOU were the reason I was put on this earth. I became alive. I laughed, I cried, I became human. I did things, and felt things I never thought I could, or would, feel.

But then it all stopped. It was like time had paused, and I was just a shadow figure, watching you from a distance as you lay, dying. I knew it would never be the same again. Because all I have now is only the memory of you, and my half-self drifting through the days like a ghost.

Without you, I am not complete.

...

Ginny laid down her quill and dropped her head, her long mane of red hair falling around her face like a curtain. She shuddered, and gritted her teeth painfully, digging her nails into her face. She let out a sob, and clutched her face even harder, tears leaking through her fingers onto the parchment.

She rocked back and forth in her seat, unable to contain the mounting sobs building up inside of her. Ginny slowly opened her leaking eyes, then quickly shut them again. "Draco..." She moaned into her hands, shaking with racking sobs. "Come back, come back, come back..." She whispered. She slowly lowered her hands from her face, and shakily clutched at her quill, her eyes still streaming.

...

Come back.

I miss you.

***

Please let me know what you think.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=2712