Story of Your Heart by Lillian
Summary: They were very much in love. But fame came between them; one wanting a normal life while the other, basking in the limelight. Now she tells her daughter about her past, and her mysterious father. But the two lovers will meet again, for better or worse.
Categories: Long and Completed Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 29816 Read: 15514 Published: Jun 02, 2004 Updated: Jun 02, 2004

1. 1 by Lillian

2. 2 by Lillian

3. 3 by Lillian

4. 4 by Lillian

5. 5 by Lillian

6. 6 by Lillian

1 by Lillian
Author notes: If you've read this before, then you'll know that I combined the previous chapters 1 through 3 and made it chapter one. Chapter four is being rewritten and added on to. That way, more of the past will be shown, as well as present time. (Chapters 4 and 5 will make chapter 2 since everything is going to be pretty new. I also had it edited over again since I noticed so many mistakes and I'm hardly ever satisfied with my writing. I'm sorry if I confused you; really, I am. It's just that good fics have much longer chapters, and it's also easier to read if it's longer since it flows more... We'll see where this will end, k?

Thank you so much Sahalina for beta reading my story! You’re the best.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I locked away my heart
But you just set it free
Emotions I felt telling me back
from what my life should be
I pushed you far away
and yet you stayed with me
I guess this means that you and me
were meant to be...

"Why?" he asked coolly, his silvery eyes looking at her with a bit of anger showing on his face.

"You don't understand! Let's just leave the band and live a normal life. Please!"

He hugged her tightly, and as he did so, he slipped his watch given from her into her hand. "You need to choose, Love. If you drop out, you leave me as well. If you stay, we could get married next spring, just like we had planned..."

Tears streamed down her face. "You cruel, insensitive git! Do you love the band more than you love me?"

He stayed in place, his cold demeanor starting to appear. "Why are you doing this? We're famous now, and yet you still want to leave. Explain to me why we need to leave."

She wiped away her tears and glared, "You do love the band more than me. You love the fame, the limelight. You're already rich, and you had the perfect girlfriend..." She turned around and stormed out of the room.

He stared at her retreating back. The rest of the band members looked at them in shock. "She'll come back," he reassured the group, or was he just trying to reassure himself?

* * * * * * Several Years Later* * * * * *

"Did you know that my mommy was in a band before I was born?" questioned Juliet as she concentrated on the board game. She was losing badly and she hated to lose, especially to something as simple as a Muggle board game. She brushed away her silvery blond curls from her face and began to think of a new strategy.

"Really?" Katherine said, her interest on the subject rising, "Did she have her music recorded on those Muggle CDs? My parents have some CDs, but they're mostly from the '90s. Then again, they lived as Muggles when they were our age."

"A CD? I'm not sure what that is, but my mommy has this circular thingy that plays music," she responded, her brown eyes glinted as she smiled at her best friend, "Why not ask my mommy where it is? I'm sure she'll be happy to play it for you."

Katherine scrunched up her tiny nose, "You're up to something, Julie! Show me yourself."

"Fine. Fine. I'll show you," she sighed in exasperation, while quickly changing the position of her game piece without her friend noticing.

The two eight-year olds ran out onto the small hallway and entered the rather tiny master bedroom. Even if the apartment was small to begin with, Juliet's mother was a great interior decorator. Each room gave out a warm and comforting vibe, easing even the most haggard person. All the rooms were bright and cheerful, except one.

The master bedroom was decorated in dark colors, unlike the pastels throughout the apartment. Forest green, blood red, and silver seemed to be the main colors throughout the room. The rather large canopy bed took up most of the space, becoming the centerpiece of the room.

Juliet led her friend towards the walk in closet, and shuffled through the contents of a large trunk. Finally finding what she was looking for, she giggled with glee and shoved the CD case in front of Katherine's face. Katherine grabbed the CD out of her hand and examined the CD cover. She laughed however and handed it back to her friend.

"That's just the first Wistful Bliss CD. Everybody has that. Come on and show me your mom's CD already," Katherine demanded.

Juliet rolled her eyes and stood up from her crouched position. "That is it. My mommy was the lead singer of Wistful Bliss," she said proudly.

Katherine's jaw dropped in disbelief. "Your mom is 'the Ginny', the same Ginny who broke up with one of the cutest wizards ever..." She quickly covered her mouth from her slip of information. "I shouldn't have said that," she said weakly.

"Who did my mommy break up with?" Juliet demanded.

"I broke up with someone?" questioned Virginia by the door, and looked the two of them curiously. "What's going on in here?"

Katherine rushed over Virginia and grinned, "Ms. Weasley, can I have you're autograph? I'm a huge fan!"

"Mommy," Juliet said solemnly, "Who did you break up with when you were still in Wistful Bliss?"

Virginia stopped smiling and began to fidget with her ring. "Katherine, I thinks it time you go home."

Katherine understood and walked towards the fireplace on the far side of the wall. Grabbing a pinch of floo powder, she threw it amongst the flames and yelled, "Potter household."

Once their guest was gone, Virginia went towards her daughter and hugged her tightly. She wasn't going to tell her yet until she was older, or when both their lives reached some sort of normality. But Juliet had finally asked the one question that she had dreaded since her daughter's birth. It wasn't just an old school crush that was soon replaced by another. He was different from her very short list of boyfriends and pained her to just think of him, even if she had done it continuously for the past eight years...

"Are you okay, Mommy?" asked Juliet worriedly as she tugged at her mother's silk sleeve.

Virginia walked by the bedside table and pulled out a small object. She waved her hand towards the girl to come closer.

"I want you to touch this, and describe the owner of this object," said Virginia slowly.

Juliet did as she was told and cautiously touched the seemingly ordinary watch. Once she had done so, a fuzzy image appeared under her closed eyelids. "I see a rather tall man... He's pretty pale, and slim. And he has hair like," she paused and looked at her mother is surprise, "Is this my father's watch?"

Virginia nodded her head, a sad smile etched on her face. "Would you like to hear about his and my past?"

"Really? Of course!" Juliet said and jumped onto the comfy bed. Virginia did the same and pulled out an old photo album.

"Tell me the story of your heart," smiled Juliet as she cuddled next to her mother.

Virginia turned to the first page of the worn-out photo album. A large picture of two grinning teenagers greeted her, bringing back the memories of her past. Juliet stared in awe as her mother's younger self blew her a kiss while her father had a glint of happiness shining through his silvery gray eyes.

"It all started during my fourth year in Hogwarts. Your father, Draco, was in his fifth year," began Virginia as she fingered Draco's face lightly, her eyes beginning to water at the very sight of him. "I never talked to him, although he was a known enemy to your Uncle Ron. Draco was unlike all the other boys I knew, and he scared me for what he was, for he was a Malfoy..."

"But Mommy," whined Juliet as she rested her head on a pillow, "I'm a Malfoy too!"

"And don't I know it," she replied sarcastically and grinned.

"Anyway, how'd you meet? Was it love at first sight?"

Virginia coughed, "I wouldn't exactly say that. Let's just say we weren't the best of friends."

Juliet nodded her head in excitement, "Well go on. Tell me everything!"

"Yes, of course! Now back to my memorable fourth year. It all started when..."

~~~~~

Ginny packed up her books and rushed out the door. She had only four minutes to get to her next class, which was on the other side of the castle. The rest of her fellow Gryffindors headed one way, while she the other. No one else from her year seemed interested in taking Healing Studies. Not that many people knew of it, nor cared. It mostly involved the use of potions, and sometimes the use of wandless magic.

She took a sharp left from the dark hallway and heard a voice of an angel. She stood in place and listened to the soft voice as it sang a sad tune, moving her to tears. She could barely hear the words, so she walked towards the voice as if in a trance. The sweet voice drew her in like a Siren, a drug she couldn't get enough of.

The voice became louder with each step, her eyes straining to see who had this amazing talent. She finally spotted several figures hidden within the shadows, each playing an instrument. But there was only one that was singing... There stood Draco Malfoy, his smooth and melodic voice made her think twice of who he really was. How could such a cold-hearted person possess such an amazing voice? All she ever heard him use it for was to hex her brother or one of her brother's friends.

Draco stopped singing though, to her dismay, and glared at her direction. "Whoever is out there, show yourself."

A person would think that with a voice like that, the person would be a kind and gentle creature, not someone of Draco Malfoy's stature. But not everything was what it seemed to be.

She had a choice: run until she got to her next class, which she was already late for, or she could obey his command... Without much thought, she turned around and simply ran. She ran away from the usually deserted hallway, away from the students who had the gift of music, but most definitely away from those silver eyes that she could feel piercing her back.

~~~~~

"So why was Father in the hallway singing?" asked Juliet.

Virginia shrugged, "I guess he just likes to sing. I like to sing myself."

She checked her watch, groaning. Ron was coming over with his family for dinner and she needed to prepare everything. "I'll tell you more later, Julie. Uncle Ron, Aunt Padma, and your cousins are coming over for dinner."

Juliet pouted once she heard this, "Can't you just tell me some more? Please?"

Virginia looked at her daughter sternly. "I need to set up dinner, and I don't need to hear nagging. Why don't you make yourself useful and set up the table." It wasn't a question, but a command.

"Why don't you tell me the rest of your story and I'll make dinner for us?" she suggested hopefully.

Virginia smiled down at her daughter. "How 'bout not? You can't even make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!" she joked merrily.

Juliet pouted, "Mommy, you're being mean."

She winked back, "I know."

They walked out the door, hand in hand, to raid the kitchen. Juliet set up the simple table as she was told, while Virginia was busy looking over several boiling kettles. Both thought about the past, and what was to happen in the future. Just then, the doorbell rang. Virginia patted down her wild mane and made her way to the door. She smiled to see the faces of her brother's family.

"Hey Ron, Padma, Susie, John, Harry, and little Hannah," Virginia said in one breath. She kissed all of their rosy cheeks and moved out of the way, welcoming them in. "Dinner is just about done." She then turned her direction to her nieces and nephews. "Why don't you go play with your cousin now?"

The children nodded their heads and rushed towards Juliet's bedroom.

Virginia shut the door and sighed. Padma rushed towards the kitchen, while Ron looked at his only sister worriedly. "What's wrong Ginny? You could have just told us that you weren't feeling well. I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind..."

She just waved him off. "I'm fine Ron. Today has been what I had dreaded the most, and it's hard to believe that it went so smoothly."

Ron smiled. "You dreaded to see your older brother? I'm hurt."

Virginia slapped his arm playfully. "Only by a year. I meant that I finally told Julie about her father." She grinned as she saw Ron's reaction.

"Virginia! How could you tell her that she's related to that creep? She's too young to know! Why, if she was my daughter, I would..."

"You would what, Ron?" she asked coldly.

Ron blushed at his antics. "Nothing. I would do nothing."

She smirked, "Exactly what I thought. Come on, dinner should be ready by now."

Ron quickly agreed and both walked towards the kitchen. They were greeted with Padma pouring the soup into everyone's bowl. She looked up from her task and smiled at them.

"Hope you guys caught up in everything. This soup looks delicious, Virginia."

Virginia grinned at the compliment. "Thanks, Padma. Hopefully it tastes just as good."

The children came in and soon sat in their rightful places. Juliet ate as quickly as she could. Her theory was that the faster she ate, the faster she could hear the rest of the story. Virginia on the other hand took her time. She could tell her daughter was excited though.

"So Mom, when do I get to see Father?"

Virginia spat out her soup. "What?"

Juliet peered at her curiously and pouted, "I want to see Dad."

Everyone watched silently as Virginia shook her head vigorously. "We can't, Dear. I lost touch of him after all these years. Plus, I can't bare to face him again."

"Fine," came Juliet's curt reply, while smiling as if she was in on a private joke.

Virginia knew that smile. It was the same smile that Draco would always have before he caused mischief...

She stood up from her seat and placed the dirty dishes in the sink. Juliet did the same thing, and followed her mother to the master bedroom. The rest of the Weasley's looked at each other confusedly, but continued to eat.

Meanwhile, Virginia shoved the photo album back in its place. She yanked at her thermal blanket, and wrapped herself under its warmth. This is what she needed, just to relax... It was short lived however, when Juliet began to jump on the bed.

Virginia moaned in frustration as she placed a pillow over her head. Juliet began to jump even higher, all the while singing out of tune to one of the songs from her old Wistful Bliss CD.

"Leave me alone
within twenty minutes
you'll run to yer phone
what am I talkin' about?
just wait and see
within that twenty minutes
you'll think it's all a dream
u might think I'm happy
but do u really care?
I have a secret to tell u
a secret I must share..."

"Juliet! Stop it before I ground you!" Virginia yelled out in frustration.

"Only if you continue the story," Juliet replied stubbornly.

Virginia sat up and glared at her daughter, who acted so much like her father, that it was scary at times. "I'll tell the rest now, but you have to promise to behave in the morning."

"I promise!" she replied chirpily.

Virginia rolled her eyes as she hugged her daughter tightly. "Let's say goodbye to everyone then. They must be wondering where we went off to." Juliet frowned but had no choice but to agree.

"The food was great Ginny. Hopefully we could do this some other time," grinned Padma as she shuffled her children out the door.

"Yeah, just so you could have a break from cooking," Virginia replied dryly.

"You know my mind so well!" Padma laughed, "Just remember we're going shopping with the rest of the girls."

"Yes, of course. Goodbye now!" She closed the door and leaned against it. Closing her eyes, she stood there. That is, until Juliet pulled at her sleeve.

"Mommy, you promised! Tell me the rest now!"

"Fine." Virginia entered the decent-sized living room and laid down on the love seat. Juliet made herself comfy on a nearby chair and waited for her mother to continue.

Virginia continued on about her past, "My healing class was just about normal, except for the fact that I was thirty minutes late. I was headed to the Great Hall for lunch..."

~~~~~

She treaded towards lunch, her feet sounding too loud for her liking. She hated lunch, and dinner, and even breakfast out of the whole school day. It wasn't that she didn't like to eat, she just felt left out all the time. She faced the fact; she had no friends. She hanged out with her brother's friends once in awhile, but she knew that they found her to be a quiet pest.

Entering the Great Hall, she was greeted with the whole school, everyone sitting with their own cliques. Not her though. She made her way towards the girls in her year and sat next to one of them. The girl in turn unconsciously scooted away from her.

This was her life, and she hated it with a passion. But the poor 'Weasley girl' held no passion. As some would call her, she was just a doll that never spoke, nor held any emotions. It wasn't true though. She always felt the pain, the fear, and the loneliness...

Dozens of owls flew overhead. No one would ever send her an owl. Everyone deemed her unimportant to take the time to write her a letter. If anything happened at home, they would always send it to Ron, who would then relay the message to her.

But today wasn't like all the other days. She was surprised to see a rolled up parchment on her plate. Grabbing hold of it anxiously, she unrolled it and read.

Dear Miss Weasley,
You are cordially invited to the screening of Wistful Bliss.
When: Tonight at 8pm
Where: At the 4th floor.
Let the music guide you...

~Members of Wistful Bliss

PS. bring no one with you, and don't tell a soul about this.
PPS. Hope you liked what you heard before... Next time, don't run away.

She blushed as she read the final line. So they knew who she was. She looked up to see several letters that looked just like hers. Their owners were from all the different houses, except hers. No one else from Gryffindor held the letter. If she hadn't spied on the group, she wouldn't have gotten the invitation. She was glad that she did. Finally, she was in on something that her brother and his friends didn't know about. She was going, no matter what...

She got up from her seat and walked out of the hall. Someone else did the same and brushed up against her body, sending shivers down her spine.

"I hope to see you there, Virginia," the low voice whispered softly in her ear.

She gulped and nodded her head dumbly. The voice chuckled and his presence was gone. She looked up at the retreating figure to see the back of Draco Malfoy, all around bad boy. She took a deep breath and continued on to her next class, but a certain Slytherin filled her thoughts throughout the day.

~~~

Too long. Too short. All of them worn out. Ginny glared at her wardrobe with great dislike. Everyone else had pretty cloths, always adding on each year with the new fashions. Not her though. Every single garment that she owned was mostly from the second hand stores.

She shoved the rest of her clothing back in her truck and flopped on top of her bed. She had less than an hour till the screening, and she didn't know what to wear.

"Need help, Ginny?" asked the kind voice of Patricia Norwood. She stood just outside the room, peering at Ginny worriedly.

Ginny jumped as she heard the voice. She scrutinized Patricia's figure, then slowly smiled. "Actually, I do. Can you lend me some of your cloths for tonight? Please?"

Patricia gave her an all-knowing smile, "Going on a date now, are we? Of course you could. Just give me all the details later," she said, her deep brown eyes twinkling. She walked towards her large truck and quickly opened it. She shuffled through several of her possessions, but finally brought out a breath-taking green dress.

"It's perfect!" Ginny said in awe.

"I know," grinned Patricia as she threw it towards her. Ginny caught it and felt the smooth fabric. It was one of the softest and silkiest fabrics that she had ever felt before in her life. It slid through her hands like water and onto her lap.

"Thank you so much, Patricia!"

"No prob. Deep green isn't really my color. You can keep it if you want. I have no use for it," Patricia said warmly.

Ginny wanted to be in Patricia's shoes. Everyone knew she was rich, although she would always say she wasn't. Oh, how she wished she could give away very expensive cloths without a single thought; to have money that she could spend without worrying if she spent too much...

Patricia folded the remaining cloths neatly into her trunk and closed it carefully. "I better finish the rest of my homework now. Have fun, Ginny. You deserve it."

"Thanks. See you later, Patricia," Ginny replied shyly.

Ginny quickly changed into the dress and surveyed herself in the mirror. Her face looked plain, and she was too skinny for her liking. "I need makeup..." She eyed the eye shadow and lip gloss of her other roommates. "They wouldn't mind if I use a tiny bit..." She applied shimmering green eye shadow and a touch of gloss on her lips. Satisfied, she walked out of her room and towards the fourth floor.

She met up with several people who were going to the private screening as well. She walked with Jasmine, a Ravenclaw, and several Hufflepuffs. All of them chattered about what to expect, and if the group was any good.

They clambered up the stone steps until they finally reached the fourth floor. Others were already there, moving about confusedly.

"What's going on?" Jasmine asked a nearby Ravenclaw.

"Dunno. Nobody seems to know what the invitation was about. And it said to follow music, but we can't hear any."

Ginny strained her ears to hear anything at all, but all that she heard were the voices of everyone around her. She looked around the crowd to see if there was anyone that she knew. And then she saw, or more likely, heard him. At first, it was soft and barely audible. Then, it became louder and angrier.

Everyone stopped their aimless chattering and listened expectantly. They all grinned and slowly as a group, followed the music as was told. Some hummed to the music, while others stained silently to listen. Ginny did none of these, but began to outright sing. How she knew the lyrics, she didn't know, but she could have sworn she had heard the song before.

Then there they were, five figures all playing instruments, and Draco Malfoy strumming the guitar. He eyed the crowd coolly and stopped singing.

"We're Wistful Bliss," he said.

"Ya, and we're a band," said a dark-haired girl with a bit too much eye glitter.

"And we were waiting for all of you." Draco eyed the crowd and rested his eyes on her.

"We're also looking for a lead singer. Miss Weasley could audition first," he smirked.

"Me?" Ginny squeaked nervously as she backed away from him. He caught her arm and pulled her towards the band.

The girl with too much eye glitter grinned, "It'll be just fine. Just sing the words."

Ginny began to shake nervously. "What words?'

Another boy with long hair draped around his shoulders waved his wand; making words appear out of thin air. "Those words," he said simply.

Was she going to go through this? Of course she was. She needed to prove it to herself, as well as everyone here. She was an okay singer, but not the greatest. And if she messed up, a few memory charms were in order. She giggled at her last thought.

She stood in front of the 'band' and faced the crowd. All the students' faces looked at her expectantly. Taking a deep breath, she listened to the intro music. She sighed in relief. It was a Muggle song, and one of her favorites too!

"It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel
That I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me
All you will see is a girl you once knew
Although she's dressed up to the nines
At sixes and sevens with you

I had to let it happen, I had to change
Couldn't stay all my life down at heel
Looking out of the window, staying out of the sun

So I chose freedom
Running around, trying everything new
But nothing impressed me at all
I never expected it to..."

"You're the new singer for Wistful Bliss," he said nonchalantly.

She stopped singing and gaped at him, "I can't sing. I'm not a good singer like you. You're supposed to be the singer." She blurted out, stating the obvious.

"No, Ginny," said a girl by the name of Audrey, "You really are great. You sing like an angel."

"But we don't play those types of songs. We play rock." Another band member with wavy brown hair, wearing a very short skirt.

"But we made an exception for tonight," a rather cute boy behind the drums added in.

Ginny sat on the ground in a stupor. How did she get into this mess? She was too scared to actually stand in front of a huge crowd... But didn't she do just that? And why was she still here?

Slowly getting up, she swiped her dress to get rid of the dust, and bolted. She was blocked, however, with one very muscled body blocking her path.

"Now, now, Weasley. Didn't I tell you not to run away again?" grinned Draco.

"Draco," she looked up at him pleadingly, "I can't possibly be in a band. I'm..." She didn't get a chance to finish because she fainted dead away.

~~~~~

"What should we do?" she heard a muffled voice say.

"I dunno. We can't just leave her here," another voice, more feminine, replied.

Who were they talking about? She felt the smooth material of a couch, and her head was resting on someone's lap... Her eyes quickly opened and jumped up into a seating position. She glanced around the room nervously, unsure as to where she was.

As if reading her thoughts, the person she had just used as a pillow spoke up, "You're in the Ravenclaw common room. You fainted just a few minutes ago."

She faced the voice, which was the cute drummer from before, and blushed, "I guess I better get going now."

She stood up, only to be dragged back down again. "Stay awhile. If you're going to be the new singer, we should at least know the basics about each other."

"Basics? Like what?" she asked, confused.

"What he means," said the brown-haired girl with the very short skirt, "is that we should tell each other our names, year, house... That sort of thing."

Ginny fidgeted with the ring on her right hand and bit her lower lip. "Well, my name is Virginia Weasley, but everyone calls me Ginny. I'm a 4th Year and in the Gryffindor house..."

"My turn! I'm Sammy and I'm obviously in Ravenclaw. I'm a fifth Year, and I'll be the one who backs you up," Sammy said enthusiastically.

"Adrian, sixth Year, Ravenclaw, drummer," he said, bored.

"You already seem to know Draco. He was going to be the lead singer, but he only wants to be backup. He also plays the guitar and is the emcee," giggled Sammy.

Ginny soaked in the facts that she just learned. They both assumed she actually wanted to be in their group.

"But you do know that I can't be in your band, right?"

"Why?" Sammy asked with absolute horror on her face.

"Can't or won't?" Adrian folded his arms and looked at her questioningly.

Ginny began to feel light headed and dizzy. Blackness began to seep onto the outer corners of her eyes. Anxiousness filled her mind, her hands beginning to sweat profusely. She needed to get out of here, and fast. He only asked her a simple question, so why was she panicking over it? Oh how she hated confrontations.

Sammy and Adrian looked at her worriedly, all thoughts of the band now gone.

"You don't look well Ginny," Adrian said as he felt her forehead. "You seem to have a normal temperature."

Sammy walked briskly over to the small Ravenclaw bookcase and grabbed a heavy book. "Describe how you feel Ginny," she ordered as she shifted through the pages.

She didn't get a chance to answer though, since she fainted once again.

~~~~~~

She blinked her eyes several times as she adjusted to the bright light. She was lying on a bed instead of the couch, with her back supported by large mounds of pillows. Adrian and Sammy were there, as well as Draco and two others.

"This is starting to get old," the girl with too much eye shadow said jokingly. "I'm Victoria by the way, but I prefer to go by Tory. Oh yeah, he's Johnny." she said and pointed to the brown haired boy.

Johnny nodded his head and brushed away his long brown strands from his deep brown eyes. "We're both in Hufflepuff and we have double Transfiguration with you."

Ginny nodded her head dumbly and said nothing. She was in no mood to speak.

"Adrian says you don't want to join the band. Is this true?" Draco arched an eyebrow in her direction.

She nodded.

"Is something wrong with your voice?" he asked, his patience running low.

She shook her head in reply.

"Please join Ginny!" Adrian said, putting on his sad puppy dog face.

Ginny seemed to hesitate, but finally spoke, "I guess so..."

Everyone smiled once they heard this.

"Does this happen often Ginny?" Tory asked, "Because if it does, it won't make positive media for the band. Maybe you shouldn't be in it."

"Why? Just because she faints once or twice, you already want to kick her out? Just give her a chance," Sammy interjected.

"But we want to be successful. Ginny could be our downfall," Johnny argued.

Draco frowned at all of them. "Enough of this nonsense. Ginny will get better from whatever is ailing her, and then we do our first big gig."

"Which is?" Sammy asked curiously.

Adrian answered for her, "Draco managed to have the whole school arrange a masquerade ball before all the students go home for the holidays. We'll be performing of course."

"Brilliant Draco! I could just kiss you right now!" grinned Tory as she kissed Draco's pale cheek.

Johnny coughed as he put his arm around Tory's waist possessively.

"Don't show public signs of affection. It might be a negative thing for all the fans if they know we're taken," Sammy scolded good-naturedly. Adrian held her hand tightly and smiled.

"Maybe we should all leave and give Ginny some peace. I'm pretty sure she's tired from all of our questions," Draco suggested as stood up from the plastic chair and made his way towards the door. "Feel better Ginny. We need to start practicing soon."

The rest of them said their farewells and left as well. She was left to ponder the day's events. That was until Madame Pomfrey came back with a tray full of food.

"It seems you haven't been eating and sleeping that much lately. Eat everything up and get a good night's rest. I'll check up on you in the morning." Madame Pomfrey handed over the tray full of leftovers from dinner.

Ginny picked up a piece of fried chicken and chewed thoughtfully. So she was in a band, and it didn't seem too bad. She calmed down her raging nerves and let loose. There was no reason to be scared. She might have to sing in front of the whole school, but it might actually be fun. If only she could sing as beautifully as Draco. Then she wouldn't have to feel so intimidated. Draco was much better than her when it came to singing, and it was that tiny fact that she didn't want to join. Actually, Draco was better than her in all aspects. He's one of the smartest students in his year, he's a prefect, and he's rich, handsome...

Adrian wasn't that bad either. He seemed a bit dull, though, but she was the queen of dull. Except for today, she was just a nervous wreck. If Adrian didn't have a girlfriend (she noticed how he looked at Sammy), she would quickly go out with him. But would he want her? Would anyone want her to be their girlfriend?

And shouldn't all lead singers be pretty and glamorous? She was just a boring girl with hair that's too red and way too many freckles on her face. Tory and Sammy were both beautiful in there own way and she was just plain.

Madame Pomfrey walked back in and tsked at her patient, "No wonder you've been fainting. More eating, less daydreaming. Is that understood?"

Ginny nodded her head as she jammed a mouthful of buttered peas in her mouth.

"That's a girl! You'll just stay for the night and go back to classes in the morning. Night, Miss Weasley."

Ginny nodded her head as she stuffed more peas into her mouth. Her stomach groaned from the lack of food, so she had no choice but to obey her hunger.

~~~~~~

Everything seemed to go by normally for the rest of the week. Whenever she passed by one of the band members, they would say 'hello' and be off with their own agenda. She saw Draco once though, and all he did was smirk at her in a funny way. She had a bad feeling that they were all up to something. Why else had they not told her yet of when and where was and practice? If she remembered correctly, they wanted to start practice as a full band right away...

Ginny sat amidst the Gryffindors in the common room. There was no classes that day, and had nothing to do but to read a very long book. She loved long books, especially romance, so it would keep her usually astray mind focused on something.

Harry Potter, with an unusual look on his face, entered the common room and examined each and every person. His green eyes finally landed on her, and walked briskly towards her. He looked a bit peeved, and maybe confused about something as well.

"Ginny, I need to talk to you privately for a sec," he said as he closed Ginny's book and yanked her up into a standing position.

Ginny stayed silent and waited for Harry to speak. "A suspicious group just asked me to get you for them," he began. Her eyes widened. She had been about to go meet them until Harry touched her shoulder. He took a deep breath and began to speak once again, "They don't seem to be conventional, if you know what I mean. But that doesn't really bother me. It seems Draco Malfoy is part of this little get-together."

She sighed. She just knew her brother's friends would object to the band once they found out Draco Malfoy was in it.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" he asked cautiously.

Would she? She wasn't about to explain what she did in her life to him. "I got to go, Harry," she said, avoiding his angry glare. She walked out of the portrait and was greeted with the smiling faces of the band members.

"Guess what we're all doing today?" Tory said excitedly.

Sammy answered for her, "We're having a make over! It's going to be so much fun. And we also get to choose your style. That plain good girl image has got to go."

"And I'll pay for everything Weasley, so don't worry about money," Draco said nonchalantly.

With a makeover, she might be able to become beautiful. Or maybe she was beyond helping and would always be ugly. But she was a girl, after all, and it sounded great.

"When do we go?" she asked and grinned.

"Now!" Sammy laughed as she hooked arms with her. Tory did the same with her other arm.

She looked at them bewildered, "Now? Are we going to one of your common rooms or something?"

"You think we're doing each other's makeup? I don't think so! We're going down to Hogsmeade and meeting a professional," said Tory.

With that said, the group sneaked out of the school and walked towards the small town of Hogsmeade. The boys were fooling around, while the girls talked excitedly on what to expect.

Soon enough, the reached a red brick house. Ginny looked at the house dubiously. Weren't they supposed to go to a salon or something of that sort?

Sammy recognized her confused face and giggled, "The makeup artist is privately run. Only the stars and the very rich are her clients. Since we're gonna be stars, we got an appointment."

"As well as the fact that we got several rich snobs in our group," whispered Tory jokingly.

Sammy laughed. "I wonder who that could be. Tory," she coughed out the girl's name and ran inside the house without knocking.

"I am not a snob, Sammy! You come back here!"

The boys looked at the two of them in exasperation.

"Thank god you're not like those two. They're already enough trouble to handle," said Johnny.

"You never know... They say if you hang out with a certain person for a long time, you copy their habits and personality," she replied.

"It'll be funny," Draco said solemnly with his bright grey eyes, "if Adrian starts acting like the girls. I can just see it now."

Adrian punched Draco in the shoulder. "Shut up man. Let's just get this thing over with."

Everyone entered the small house and was greeted with Sammy, Tory, and several adults.

"Shall we begin?" asked a smiling woman as she took hold of Tory.

Several others began to pick their 'subjects' for the makeover.

A short woman wearing mismatched Muggle cloths approached her and grinned. "So you're the lead singer. We have to make you fab of course. Oh yes, I'm Dawn, and I own this place."

The two of them walked down the hallway until they entered a decent sized room with a huge mirror, a table, a chair, several various accessories, and tons of cloths! The styles were the entire trend setting type, with robes and Muggle garb.

Ginny sat of the leather chair and was faced with her reflection. She was a pale girl with thick red curls. Her dull brown eyes looked back at her with nervousness and excitement.

"Lemme see," Dawn said as she touched Ginny's wild mane. "I know! I'm gonna straighten your hair."

Pulling out a wand, she began to enchant her hair. Each curly strand became perfectly straight until there was no sign of any curls or frizz. Dawn scrutinized the figure before her and smiled once again. She made crazy motions through the air and as she did this, a piece of red locks fell to the floor.

Ginny's jaw dropped once she saw it. Her once very long hair was now several inches below her shoulders, still very straight and choppy at the end. It was pretty, but it just wasn't her style...

"Now we curl it!" Dawn said as she swirled her wand. The bottom edges of Ginny's hair began to slowly curl, leaving the rest straightened.

"Don't you look wonderful? Time for makeup!"

"Wait!" Ginny said, biting her lower lip. "Don't you think this is a little drastic?" she asked, pointing to her new hair due. "I mean, what will people think when the see me? It'll be so embarrassing..."

"You aren't very daring, are you Ginny?" Dawn said as she rummaged through a huge makeup kit.

Ginny shrugged. "I guess not. People usually don't notice me and they'll be shocked when they see the change."

Dawn ignored her last statement as she showed an object full of different colors. "You're so pale, but it goes with the hair. That's why we'll go with this ivory colored foundation. It also seems that green would be your best color. Oh, and a shimmering light pink gloss would do it."

Dawn gathered all the materials she would need and pulled out a liquid bottle full of skin colored glob. Using a sponge, she then applied liberal amounts onto her pale skin, hiding away any imperfections. It was then that she painted her face with greens, gold, and pinks. After what seemed like forever, Dawn stepped back and marveled at her work.

Ginny did the same and gasped. That was her? She was beautiful! She reached out to touch the flawless image of herself but met glass. Just as she was about to stroke her pretty face, Dawn moved her hand.

"Don't touch it! I haven't put the ever-lasting charm yet!" she warned.

"You mean I'll stay like this forever?" Ginny said in wonder as she kept on looking at herself.

"Don't be a Narcissus. That only means that it stays perfect for whenever you want to look like this again. It's sorta like a template. All you do is say the charm to get this perfect image of you again. Get the gist of it?"

Ginny nodded her head; although she had no clue what Dawn had just told her. Something about templates, or what not. But what exactly did that have to do with her makeup?

"Come on Ginny. We aren't done yet," Dawn said after she whispered some sort of unknown charm, "We still got to dress you up like the rock singer that you are!"
2 by Lillian
This perfect romance
That I've created in my mind
I'd live a thousand lives
Each one with you right by my side
But yet we find ourselves
In a less than perfect circumstance
And so it seems like we'll never have the chance...

"Come on, Ginny. We aren't done yet," Dawn said after she whispered some sort of unknown charm, "We still got to dress you up like the rock singer that you are!"

Juliet watched her mother closely as she described all the beautiful types of clothing that she had worn and tried on. Her mother's face was filled with happiness, something the little girl had hardly ever seen. She may have been only eight, but even she could see the pain and loneliness in her mother's eyes. What her mother needed was her Father. Father would make everything better once she found him.

Her mother droned on about her eccentric makeup artist, Dawn. Dawn was a pretty name. What she really wanted to hear was how Mommy began to love Father. She scrunched her nose as she thought of Mommy and Father. The two names didn't go. She couldn't begin to call her Mommy 'Mother'. As for Father, she never met him, so... Grinning at her smartness, she began to whisper the two names over and over again in her head. Mommy and Daddy. Mommy and Daddy. Mommy would be happy again if she had Daddy. She would be happy too. But what about Daddy? Would Daddy be happy as well? She wanted both her parents to be happy.

~~~~~~

Ginny stared dubiously at herself. She found herself wearing a long jean skirt with rhinestones along the bottom, making a pattern of a glittery flower. The skirt had a long slit, just three inches below her hip. Clutching the ends of her long slit, she twirled around and surveyed herself some more. Her feet were clad in those long, stiletto boots, covering most of her legs, to her relief. Her shirt, if one could call the barely hanging there rag a shirt, was a deep forest green with two straps on one shoulder and a long sleeve the elegantly sloped downwards towards the ground. She couldn't really explain it; she never saw anything like it before. Makeup was perfect, thanks to Dawn, as well as her hair. Her wrists carried many different coloured bangles, and on her neck rested a choker made from a black material, as well as a simple gold necklace with a small ruby shining happily in the light. "Gryffindor colours," Dawn had told her previously.

Still looking at the mirror, she decided that she was going to change; not just for the band, but the life she lived. She was tired of being overlooked, or not having any real friends. She was tired of no one being attracted to her and never having a boyfriend; even if she hated to admit it.

Dawn marvelled at her work and began to laugh in giddy excitement. She looked at the girl from head to toe, seeing if there were any flaws that needed to be fixed. Seeing none, she nodded in approval. "You, my dear, are almost done."

"You mean there's more?" she asked, eyes still filled with wonder at her appearance.

"Just one more thing," Dawn said happily, "I need to give you your gown for your first gig. It is, after all, a ball. Should be interesting. Rock music at a formal event."

Ginny nodded in agreement, "I know! We'd be so out of place. Hopefully we could sing some peaceful songs too," she stopped what she was saying immediately and gasped, "I don't think I could sing in front of the school. I mean, everyone would be focused on me and..."

"Shush," Dawn said motherly, "Everything will be alright. You'll see. Not only will you be showing off your talents, tons of guys are gonna be drooling over you."

"Really?" Ginny asked, eyes now on Dawn.

"Yes, really," Dawn said simply.

"But do I want guys drooling because of me? They never did before..."

Dawn shook her head, waved her wand towards Ginny, and whispered another spell. Ginny looked into the mirror and yelped, "What did you do! All my makeup is gone, and my hair is horrid." Dawn ignored all this and shoved the girl closer towards the mirror.

"Tell me, Ginny, what do you see?" Dawn asked calmly, hands both placed firmly on the girl's shoulders.

"Well," she hesitated, not sure on what was happening, "I see plain old me."

Dawn whispered the same words from before, this time Ginny's makeup reappearing on her face, as well as her perfectly done hairdo. "And now?"

"Glitzy me?" Ginny said hopefully, looking up to Dawn's reflection to see if she was right. Dawn however was laughing merrily at her answer. "What? It's true, you know," she said stubbornly, fully supporting her answer.

"You're right, you're right," Dawn said, raising her hands as if she got caught doing something wrong, "You'll always be you, Ginny, with or without the makeup. Just remember that, k? It isn't easy being ignored all your life, only to be the centre of attention later on. You might feel confused with who you really are. Are you the shy and homely Ginny, or are you the beautiful Ginny with the angelic voice?"

Ginny stared at the mirror, her reflection, deep in thought. She grinned after awhile and hugged the older girl tightly, "Thank you," she said solemnly, "for the advice. I haven't even reached that stage of being a rock star... I feel as if I'm always going to be that quiet little girl who everyone overlooks. When they see me now, all dressed up and looking great, how am I to act? I stayed quiet for most of my life, delving deeper into the shadows, but what about now? How should I act? Maybe more confident and cheerful; a kind of girl everyone would love."

"Ginny," she waited till she had the other girl's full attention, "You need to be yourself. You stayed quiet since no one would listen to what you had to say. It was forced that you lived a life like that. This is the time to show what you kept hidden. Look at you now, you're simply beautiful! And your voice, it's the voice of an angel. I'm sure that somewhere deep inside you, there's the Gryffindor courage that everyone knows and loves."

"Yeah, very deep. So deep, I couldn't possibly reach it," Ginny sighed. "And not everyone likes the Gryffindor courage. Slytherins remind us of that all the time."

"Oh really," Dawn said, placing her hands on her hips, "I just so happen to be a Slytherin and here I am, telling you that you have the courage, if only you weren't too scared to use it." Shaking her head in dismay, she shooed Ginny away from her. "Go, shoo now. I've spent too much of my time with one person for a day and I'm exhausted."

Ginny nodded her head as she made her way towards the door. Opening it slightly, she was surprised to see the bored face of Draco Malfoy. He was brought out of his stupor once he saw her and got up from the floor. Wiping off his pants, he gave her a questioning look. "What took you so long? Everyone else already headed back to the castle."

"Did they?" Ginny said, "Well, you didn't have to wait for me..."

"Of course I have to," he interrupted her, "Do you even know how to get back from here?"

She blushed, realizing what he meant, "Thank you for waiting for me. To tell you the truth, I'm not even done." Draco looked at her incredulously. "No really, it's true. I didn't even receive my gown for the ball yet. Dawn was just making me stare in the mirror after something I said. Then, she kicked me out," she shrugged, already heading towards the exit.

"Wait, Virginia," he yelled after her, grabbing her arm.

"What is it?" she asked, irritation showing on her face.

"Dawn still has your gown. We need to get it from her before we leave," Draco explained, dragging her back towards the room where she spent several hours in.

"Why do you keep calling me Virginia?" she whined as he held onto her arm, "Everyone else calls me Ginny."

"I'm not everyone else, now am I?" he smirked back at her.

The two of them entered the room and stared at the now sleeping Dawn. It seemed as if she conjured a bed in the middle of the room, now peacefully snoring. Draco, getting impatient, walked over to the sleeping woman and shook her hard. She woke up with a start and glared as she noticed the culprit of her awakening. "I'm up! Now what is it?" she asked through a yawn. She blinked back at them sleepily, wanting only to go back to sleep.

"You're not done with Virginia's session yet," he explained, "We need her gown before we go."

Dawn rubbed her tired eyes and pointed towards the piles of clothing, as well as the racks full of cloths. "Check over there. It's a fancy, green, muggle dress. Dress robes are just too typical."

Draco nodded, fully ignoring her now. He turned towards where she pointed and shifted through all the garments. Noticing Ginny just standing there, he snarled, "Well, are you going to at least help me find your dress?" Ginny laughed uneasily and quickly headed over to him.

After several minutes of searching, Draco pulled back from all the cloths and grinned in triumph. In his hand was a beautiful green dress made of satin. "We got the dress," he said to Dawn who was sleeping once again. "Come on, Virginia, let's go."

Ginny nodded her head and trailed behind Draco, right after she said goodbye to Dawn, even if she was still sleeping. Her stomach grumbled and she stopped dead in her tracks. Draco noticed and rolled his eyes. "We're late for dinner. Change that, dinner's been over for two hours now," he said as he checked his watch. "We might as well go find someplace to eat."

"Yeah," Ginny nodded her head, "That's a very good idea."

Draco smiled wickedly, "It's a date then, Virginia."

Ginny gaped at him, her eyes widening at his suggestion. "This is definitely not a date. A date is supposed to be when you go out with someone you like and have a romantic evening and..."

"So you don't like me then? Is that it?" Draco said sounding hurt, his eyes twinkling with mirth.

She saw where this was going. Playing along, she giggled, "Of course I like you Draky! Gosh, honey, I love you even."

"You sound like some airhead," Draco stated seriously as he led her towards a restaurant she never visited before.

"Well, you sound like a mean, snobbish git. Oh wait, you are one," she replied back sarcastically.

Draco just shrugged and continued on. There was no point to reply back if it was true. Besides, he wanted to impress her, not make her too angry at him.

Ginny felt self conscious as they entered the well established restaurant. Everyone there was dressed in fancy dress robes and well, she wasn't. It didn't help that almost everyone would know her to be a Weasley; the barely managing, middle class family. She was ashamed of herself to even think such things, but it was true.

"Virginia," Draco whispered into my ear, "Our table is ready. And stop fidgeting, you look great."

She looked up at him in full disbelief. How could she look wonderful if she was so plain? But then she remembered, she still had the cloths and makeup on from before. Raising her chin a tad bit higher, she smiled toothily at everyone who stared at her.

'I'm a rock star. I'm a rock star,' she said to herself, 'They aren't better than me. I'm a rock star.'

"Virginia, what is wrong with you? Do you always space out like this?" Draco asked curiously. He was already sitting down, menu in hand.

She quickly sat down as well, pulling the menu over her face to cover up her reddened cheeks. "I can't help it if there's more interesting things besides reality," she mumbled.

He must've heard because he was soon laughing. Ginny eyed around the room, seeing several older couples glaring at them. "Will you lower it down?" she hissed, "They're staring."

He looked at her amusedly, "So? Just ignore them. Most of them are just wannabe socialites." His pale hand grabbed a glass of water and drank half of it quickly.

"Whatever," she said, focusing on her menu.

After a few minutes of silence, Draco cleared his throat and began to speak, "Tomorrow after dinner, we're going to have our first band practice. We'll have it on the fourth floor, like usual."

Ginny nodded her head, bored.

"Don't worry too much about our first gig. If you want, we could even sing a few songs together."

She nodded again, finger running through the menu and whispering out all the ingredients for each dish.

"Oh, and after this, maybe we could snog a bit," Draco said happily, watching Ginny closely.

Just as he expected, Ginny nodded. He smirked. "Never mind. Why not snog now?" He leaned back into his chair, awaiting her answer. He snickered as she nodded again, not even bothering to look up from her menu.

Quietly getting up from his seat, Draco stood right next to Ginny, tipped her shocked and indignant face towards him, and fully kissed her on the lips.

She couldn't believe it. Draco Malfoy was kissing her, and she was actually enjoying it! What was wrong with her? Was he sticking his tongue into her mouth? He was! She began to panic as Draco deepened the kiss and found herself responding. 'Just push him away,' her mind told her calmly, but she found herself not wanting the kiss to end.

She had always read those sappy romance novels. She yearned to feel how the heroine felt whenever she would kiss some dark haired hunk. The emotions that was described in those books, she wanted to feel it. Here now, Draco Malfoy was giving her those strong feelings of desire and she liked it. She liked it very much. It wasn't as if this was her first kiss. All those other innocent kisses were nothing compared to this one, though.

To her dismay, Draco pulled back, wonder written all over his face. Taking a haggard breath, he said the one thing that was on both their minds, "Wow."

Ginny giggled. Shouldn't she be angry that he kissed her? "Is that all you can say, Draco?"

Draco nodded his head, tassels of his blondish white hair falling over his eyes. He looked at her pleadingly, obviously wanting more.

She sighed. It wasn't as if she didn't enjoy it. Looking into is silvery grey eyes, she gave in, placing her lips over his own. And so they kissed once again, not stopping for a breather until a snooty voice interrupted them. "Are you ready to order now?" They pulled away, Draco sitting back onto his seat and looking calm as ever. Ginny nonetheless, was blushing like mad, eyes downcast to her menu.

"Do you serve hamburgers here?" Ginny questioned gingerly, her old self showing.

The waiter laughed, "If you wish to dine on hamburgers, I suggest you go somewhere else entirely."

"Oh, and why is that?" Draco asked coldly, eyes glaring at the waiter. "If Virginia wants a hamburger, then you'll serve her a hamburger, got that?"

"We don't serve that kind of food here," the waiter said with great disdain in his voice.

"I would like to speak with the manager, then," Draco requested, frowning.

The waiter shrugged and walked over to a tall man. He pointed towards their table and sneered. The manager nodded his head and the both of them walked on over.

"How may I help you," the manager said calmly as he looked at Ginny with a large, false grin on his face.

"She wants a hamburger," Draco spoke up, irritated on being ignored.

The manager faced Draco and gasped, "Oh, it's you Mr. Malfoy!" The manager began shaking Draco's hand profusely. "She shall have her hamburger then as requested. And what would you like?"

Draco smirked at him, loving the attention he was getting from the manager and the shocked expression of the waiter. "I'll have the same," he said smoothly, just to spite the waiter some more.

The manager nodded his head and walked away quickly, whispering to the waiter about his discourtesy to such powerful people.

"I wish I had that much respect with just my name," Ginny said as she watched them leave.

Draco grinned, "When we're famous, you'll get that, and more. Besides, they only show respect because they fear my father."

"I still hope I could gain that kind of power with just a name," Ginny sighed wistfully.

"We will, you'll see," Draco said confidently as he gulped down the rest of his water.

The rest of dinner went uneventful. After leaving the restaurant holding hands, they soon found themselves safely inside Hogwarts. Ginny leaned closer towards Draco, her head resting comfortably on his shoulder.

"Bye, Virginia," Draco said softly as he kissed her cheek, "I'll see you in the morning." With that, he kissed her again, this time on the lips.

He sauntered down the hallway and into the darkness, leaving her missing his presence. Entering her common room, she sat on the nearest chair, fully ignoring all the looks she was receiving from the other occupants.

Since he kissed her, did that mean that he liked her? And was tonight a date? He did take her out to dinner...

She sighed happily, cuddling a pillow as she rested her head on the arm of her chair. Ron came up to her, amazement and worry written all over his face. "Ginny, is that you? What happened? Where were you? And what are you wearing?!"

"Don't be silly Ron," she admonished, "Nothing happened. Nothing at all." Oh, and those gorgeous grey eyes that Draco has... She giggled at the thought.

This time, Hermione asked the questions, "What we want to know is what did you do to yourself? You look like one of those muggle pop singers," she cringed as she said it.

"Pop?" Ginny said as if she were in a trance, "Not pop. Rock, maybe."

"Okay, fine. Just tell us where you were. We were worried about you."

Ginny grinned, "I was just hanging out with my friends."

Ron quickly interrupted her quickly, "Friends? What friends? All your friends are already in their rooms, sleeping. It's what you should be doing right now too."

"Ron," she said to him sweetly, "Do you have any other friends besides those in Gryffindor?"

"Um..."

"That's what I thought." Smiling again, she picked up her gown that she tossed beside her previously and stormed up into her dorm room.

~~~~~~~

Glancing at the watch in her hand, Juliet began to rub it rhythmically. She had a secret that she kept from Mommy. When Mommy asked her what she saw when she first touched Daddy's watch, it wasn't only Daddy that she saw. She saw where Mommy and Daddy would meet up again, as well as the exact date and time as to when this would occur. Their meeting would never happen if she didn't intervene. Moving from her couch to her mother's, she pulled at a nearby blanket, snuggling under the comforting sheets and instinctively hugging her mother. Eyes drowsy and full of sleep, she relented and dreamed of the future, as well as the past.

Virginia watched her daughter sleep. She looked so happy and calm... Sighing, she threw the covers off herself and slid off the couch. Juliet seemed comfortable enough to sleep on the couch. But what if she fell over the edge? She carefully picked up her daughter, making sure not to wake her. She then exited the living room and made her way towards the girl's cheerful bedroom. Placing Juliet on her bed, she tucked the little girl in and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"Sweet dreams, my Juliet."

Her daughter didn't respond, but then again, she wasn't expecting one. She closed the door, blocking the light from entering her daughter's room. Looking at the clock hanging on the wall, she realized it was three in the morning. What was she to do at that hour? Glancing back at her daughter's door, she urged her brain to relax. No harm would come to Juliet if she went out for a while. If someone broke into the apartment, her nosy neighbours would hear and call for help. Nothing at all to be worried about. And what else could she possibly do? She was wide-awake; sleep not even a possibility right now.

Slipping on some slippers and a coat, she walked out of her apartment, making sure to lock the door securely, as well as placing a safety charm - just in case.

*******

He was drunk. No, he was very drunk. His brain was hurting by even thinking he was drunk. And in his delusional state, he almost thought he saw 'her'. But it wasn't possible. She was gone forever. She didn't exist anymore; at least not to him. So why was he thinking of her now when he was supposed to be over her?

Moaning, he laid his head on the dirty table, ignoring the looks he was getting. He was used to it by now. The pointing irked him a bit, but at least they stayed away. He always knew that he would gain attention, coming from the family he was in after all. Who wouldn't stare at Draco Malfoy, especially when he was drunk as can be? As long as no stupid reporters were around, he would be okay. He would be even better if 'she' were here, though.

He banged his head at the very thought of her. "Shit!" he thought as he barely saw the flash of light that could only come from a camera. The reporters had caught on and wouldn't leave him alone until he snuck out the back way. Damn reporters.

He got up from the bar stool he had occupied and glared at everyone watching him still. "There's nothing to see here. Just move along with your mediocre lives," he snarled in great distaste.

His manager would kill him if she found out he had said that to fans, or even potential fans. 'It'll lower sales. You wouldn't want that, would you?' her annoying voice rang through his ears. He needed a vacation bad.

He rushed out of the bar, bumping into a passer by. He didn't bother looking back and apologizing. It just wasn't his style to do that. Let the person get mad. He was angry, so why shouldn't that guy get mad as well? The whole world could get pissed and he wouldn't give a damn.

"Hey you!" a voice yelled out in the night air. Draco moaned. It could only mean trouble. Turning around, he was surprised to see a small sized woman, her eyes blazing with fury.

"Don't you have any manners?" she asked angrily, her hands in tiny fists. "You knock into me and just keep on walking without saying sorry. I consider that rude."

Draco smirked. The woman sure had a temper. It almost reminded him of... He shook his head. His Virginia was meek and mild. She would never yell at someone like this woman was doing now. Then again, people do tend to change. Didn't he?

The woman placed her hands on her hips, awaiting an answer. When she didn't get one, she stormed over towards him. Her eyes widened as she stepped closer. It was the natural reaction though. Everyone knew him. He WAS from one of the most well known bands after all.

"Oh My God." the woman said as she slowly backed away from him, as if his presence was evil or some sort like that. It was not something that Draco had expected though. Once they recognized him, they would be all over him. Why wasn't she? He almost wanted her to ravage his body...

His eyes began to get blurry, due to all the alcohol. He already knew what was coming next. He fainted.

*******

Virginia sighed in exasperation. This whole day for her was screwed up. First, her daughter finally found out who her father is. Then, she actually bumped into the man. And here she was now, with her ex-fiancé lying on the pavement, snoring rather loudly.

She walked up to him and cringed. He smelt of alcohol and Muggle smoke. She couldn't just leave him here, even if she wanted too. Sure, she still loved the man after all these years, but he had hurt her so badly in the end. She made up her mind. Grabbing hold of his pale white hand, they both shimmered out of existence and appeared outside her flat.

"Well," she said to herself, "Juliet did mention how she wanted to see her father." It also made her suspicious of just how much the little girl actually knew. She did have ESP. Juliet would be a very powerful witch someday.

"Come on, you big oaf!" she yelled at the sprawled out man on her floor. She opened the door to her apartment, all the while dragging Draco into the main hallway and away from peering eyes. Just the thought of him there made her think of the neighbours. She shook her head. What would the neighbours say if they ever saw this? She would have laughed if this had happened to someone else. Sadly enough, it would be she who would be getting all the laughs.

"Mommy?" a tired voice said through the nearly empty hall. Virginia dropped the arm she was holding and blocked off the sight of 'the strange man on the floor'. Juliet appeared, rubbing her eyes from heavy sleep.

"Juliet, dear, go back to sleep. We have so many fun things to do in the morning!" Virginia said, through a very fake and overly cheerful voice.

Juliet eyed the body behind her mother yet did what she was told. Turning around, she slowly walked back to her room, only to stop in her tracks and face her mother, her own pale face full of curiosity. "You didn't kill anyone, did you Mummy?"

The little girl's eyes landed back to the figure in the middle of the hall. Virginia began to laugh nervously. "Of course not, honey. Just go to your room, please. Be a good girl and go to sleep."

She nodded her head and entered her room, shutting the door behind her.

Virginia tried to lift Draco onto the nearby couch, but it just wasn't possible. He was just too big and heavy for her. She grabbed a decorative pillow off of her couch and placed it under Draco's head. She then got the duvet that was folded neatly on a chair and tossed it over his body. She quickly kissed his cheek and sighed, dropping her tired body on the loveseat. Closing her eyes, she too fell asleep.

The next morning, Draco woke up with a start. Blinking his eyes, he looked down to see himself fully dressed. He sighed in relief. He froze soon enough as he realized that he wasn't at his home. Upon careful observation, he realized that he had been sleeping in someone else's living room on the carpeted floor.

"Hello." A voice broke out through the silence. He turned around slowly to see a girl of about eight. She had pale blond hair and cinnamon brown eyes. She smiled up at him and giggled. "Will you stay any longer?"

Maybe the girl was older? She sounded at least ten. "I don't wish to impose..."

"No worries!" the girl said cheerfully. "My mother wouldn't mind. She's still sleeping though, so we need to be quiet," she said, pointing to a red headed beauty resting on the couch.

Draco nodded his head as he got up from the floor, stretching his limbs and yawning rather loudly. "What's your name, kid?"

She glared at him, hating to be called 'kid', but decided to ignore it. "My name is Juliet. What's yours?" Juliet wasn't dumb. She knew exactly who this was.

He grinned. That was the only good thing about the younger generation. They wouldn't really know about his band, or anything about him. They were too young to be into rock music.

"I'm Draco. Draco Malfoy."

Her warm brown eyes were suddenly full of mischief as she led him to the kitchen. "Are you married, Mr. Malfoy?" she asked innocently enough.

Draco opened up the refrigerator and took out the carton full of orange juice. "Never, and I don't think I ever will." Searching through the cabinets, he finally found a glass and poured himself some orange juice.

"How come, Mr. Malfoy? Aren't you lonely?" Juliet questioned, eyes all on him as he gulped down the orange juice in haste.

He wiped his mouth with his sleeve, not caring about his manners around the girl. All proper upbringings left him as he made himself comfortable at a nearby chair, slouching as low as he could before he fell off. He glared at the curious girl who was asking way too many questions so early in the morning. "Why don't you run along now so I can have some peace?"

Juliet shook her head in disagreement, "I wouldn't be the proper hostess if I did that. Want to play tea party?" Her eyes sparkled at her idea, already tugging at Draco's hand.

"I don't think that's a good idea..." Draco said, but the little girl didn't accept no for an answer.

A few minutes later, Draco was forced to sit in a little plastic chair, holding a fake cup that was supposedly full of hot tea. Stuffed animals and that sort surrounded him, some of them moving with the use of magic, others unnervingly still.

"I'll be right back!" the girl giggled as she ran out the door.

Soon enough, the girl came back dragging what had to be her mother. Her eyes widened as she saw him, and then began to laugh hysterically.

"I can't believe this." He heard the woman say as she sat down across from him. She looked rather familiar... He gasped. It was the crazy woman he bumped into last night. "Oh god..."

Juliet looked at the two of them impishly. "I am Juliet, your hostess this morning." She grinned, "This is our visitor, Mr. Draco Malfoy. And this," she waved her hand in the direction of her mother, "is Ms. Virginia."

"Nice to meet you again Mr. Malfoy." Virginia snickered as she saw the look of recognition light up on his pale face.

"Virginia Weasley?" he asked weakly, eyes wide. He then realized the girl next to him, her daughter... Gods, Ginny was married!

He knew how to handle many situations. At least, he liked to think that he did. Out of the problems in the world, he didn't know how to handle this one. Question, how was a man supposed to react or say when they suddenly meet up with the woman they were to marry, and find out that she is married and has a kid? He hated to admit that he still loved her, even after all these years. It would be morally wrong if he would have an affair with her, and maybe Virginia actually loved the bloke more than he. Did he even make sense? Not really, but his mind was jumbled with so many thoughts that he drew a blank when he realized who was before him.

Getting up from the pink plastic chair, teacup still in hand, he stormed out the door, opening all the other doors in the hallway in a mad rage.

Virginia eyed him warily. "Draco, what do you think you're doing?" she asked sweetly, her back leaning on the doorframe rather bored as she looked on at his antics.

"I want to meet the bastard," he stopped, finally taking notice of Juliet staring up at him. He smiled weakly back at her, "I mean the lucky man who you married."

Virginia laughed once again that day, "Who says I'm married?" She folded her arms and grinned wickedly.

"Stop your teasing Gin. I promise I won't hurt him that much."

"Oh, and why should you care, Draco Malfoy? You never did before..." Ginny began, raising an eyebrow.

"Fine. Whatever. I need to go anyway," he grumbled, handing the small cup back to Juliet and making his way out the door.

"Please wait!" Juliet yelled after him as she clasped his large hand and held on tightly, "Don't go yet. Mummy was telling the truth, she isn't married. Don't be mad." She put up her sad face, knowing no adult could resist.

"I really do need to go," he said, trying to shake the small girl off his hand.

"I'm going with you!" she replied back stubbornly as her other hand grabbed his arm.

He looked at the child, exasperated. "You need to understand that I have to go to work now. Besides, your Mummy would miss you if you went with me."

Virginia looked at her small daughter who looked so much like her father. She was amazed that he couldn't tell the similarities. She shook her head. Men were all the same. "I don't mind one bit Draco. In fact, I think I'll go too."

"You must be joking," he said.

"Nope, I'm not. Let's go!" she said cheerfully as she grabbed her keys and scooped up Juliet. Juliet wiggled in her arms, trying to break free. "I want Draco to carry me, " she whined as her mother complied with her wishes and set her to the ground. She held up her arms to Draco, waiting for him to pick her up.

"You're too old for that sort of thing. You have feet, use them," Draco said briskly as he stepped out onto the narrow hallway. He looked left, then right. Everything looked exactly the same!

"The stairwell is to your right," Virginia informed him as she locked up the door. Juliet was still pouting cutely.

Draco grumbled, picked up the small girl to her delight, and began walking towards the stairs. "I don't see why we can't just take the lifts."

"I don't see why you have to complain," said Virginia, "Besides, I need the exercise."

"So why don't you take the stairs and I take the lift?"

Virginia rolled her eyes, "You're missing the whole point. We're taking the stairs and that's final."

After arguing several minutes as to their mode of transportation, it was decided that they would take Virginia's beat up muggle car. It only took a couple of minutes to where they were to Draco's work, which turned out to be the local music studio.

They entered the building without any problems. Well, besides the fact that everyone was staring at them. They expected to only see Draco, even though that was a big deal itself. It just made everyone more curious as they saw an unknown woman with a little girl holding Draco Malfoy's hand.

Draco showed them to a large office where Virginia was met up with her old band mates.

"Hey guys!" Virginia said to the group as she was met with shocked silence. She sat down on the nearest chair and grinned, "Before I forget, this is my daughter, Juliet. She's also his," she shifted her head towards Draco, "daughter, but he didn't figure that out yet."

"That's not funny, Virginia," Draco said briskly, "You shouldn't joke about things like that. It isn't right."

"No, Draco, I think she's telling the truth. Juliet has your hair colour and your complexion..." An older Sammy said as she walked up to the little girl and kneeled down until they were about the same height. "Hello there Juliet. My name's Samantha and I used to be close friends with your mommy."

Virginia heard this and smiled apologetically towards her, "Sorry for never keeping in touch with all of you. The first few years I left the band were really hard for me, what with Juliet being born and all."

A very pregnant Tory stepped forward and grinned, "Hey there, Jules. I'm Victoria, mostly known as Tory around here. Oh, and this big oaf next to me is my husband, Johnny." Johnny gave the girl a small wave, unsure on how to act towards the little girl.

Adrian smiled brightly to Juliet, "Hey there, kiddo. I'm the wonderful Adrian. I'm sure you're mother told you all about me by now," he winked towards Virginia who rolled her eyes in return.

Juliet finally spoke up, hands clutching at the ends of her coat nervously, "Glad to meet you everyone. It's an honour to actually see you in real life. Who else gets to meet a real popular band up close?"

"Well, it's not everyday that a girl has two parents from that really popular band," joked Johnny, twirling his long brown hair aimlessly.

Draco, who stayed quiet until now, was shocked. He looked at Virginia, his eyes a dark gray showing his anger and frustration, "We need to have a talk, a l o n e."

Ginny nodded her head, leaving everyone else in the room to stare.

"I feel bad for Draco," Adrian said as he sat on the chair Virginia previously occupied, "He has to face Ginny's wrath. You know how redheads are with their tempers. No match for blondes at all."

"Draco? I feel bad for Ginny. Poor girl, living all these years as a single mother... Must've been hard." Tory replied as she rubbed her rounded tummy lovingly.

~~~~~

Draco and Virginia entered the empty room next to the one they where in before. Both their eyes, grey and brown, glared at the other.

"Why?" Draco said simply, confusion and hurt sounding through his voice, "You could've told me sooner, Virginia. You kept my daughter away from me after all these years..."

"I was not about to have my child's life get corrupted by all the fame. Think of Harry Potter. If he grew up in the Wizarding World, imagine how'd he be now. I wanted Juliet to live a normal life; away from the public's eye."

Draco shook his head, "You could've told me, Virginia. You should've said that you were pregnant. Things would've been so different..."

"Would they?" Virginia said, eyes flaring, "I doubt that. Just face it, I'm right and you're wrong."

"No, Virginia, you know that I'm right. You know that life would've been so much easier for you if you'd only told me of our daughter. I would've been good to Juliet. How could I not? She looks so much like me... We could've gotten married sooner, just like I said all those years before. Surely you understand?"

"I can't take this anymore! You're just so full of yourself," Virginia said angrily as she walked out of his life for the second time in eight years.
3 by Lillian
Ain't it funny how a moment

Could just change your life

And you don't want to face

What's wrong or right

Ain't it strange

How fate can play a part

In the story of your heart



"I can't take this anymore! You're just so full of yourself," Virginia said angrily as she walked out of his life for the second time in eight years.



"She's running away from you again," Johnny said as he entered the room, and shut the door behind him. He surveyed how his childhood friend was taking it; not good at all. "Draco, shove your pride up your arse and chase after her already!"

Draco continued to stare at the door, grey eyes lifeless, yet his hands tightened up into fists. His feet refused to move, his mind was dead set against chasing after her, yet his heart told him to get his act together.

"You don't want to make the same mistake twice," Johnny continued wisely.

“It’s already too late though. She hates me,” Draco responded, as he took a seat behind the large mahogany desk. He leaned back on the leather chair and propped his feet up. He wouldn’t let Virginia mess with his mind. If she was going to run, then it was fine by him.

Johnny shook his head, “It’ll be too late when we leave this place next week. You have this chance Malfoy, take it. Virginia loves you, and Juliet is living proof of that love. Just go after her; it’s that easy.”

“But you don’t know her like I do! She’s so… stubborn. And annoying, and…” He banged his hand on the desk. He looked up at his close friend, “I’ve been a prat, haven’t I?”

“You will be if you don’t hurry and catch up to her. You’re daughter looked like she was about to cry when she saw Virginia come out of this room, steaming.”

Draco shook his head, “Why me?”

Johnny just shrugged, “Why anyone? Just because.”

“What kind of answer was that?” Draco asked incredulously.

“A short one. Now go find your soul mate,” Johnny ordered, and pointed dramatically towards the door. He had an all knowing smile pasted on his face as Draco passed by him.

All in a day’s work, Johnny thought. They better give me a huge piece of their wedding cake, and maybe name their next kid after me. Johnny nodded, turned off the lights, and locked the office as he exited.

He was greeted with the rest of the band, all crowded around the door and eagerly waiting for some news.

“What did you tell him, Luv?” Tory asked as she snaked her arm around his own, resting her head against his shoulder.

Johnny just laughed as he noticed the curious glances from the others. “You all want to know what I said to the blind bloke?”

“Well, I for one, do. You’re not exactly known for your good advice Johnny.” Sammy smiled sweetly at the flabbergasted man.

“I simply told him to chase after her,” he shrugged, much to the annoyance of his wife. He hadn't noticed her head was still resting on his shoulder. “Oh sorry Tory,” Johnny blushed as his wife removed her head from his shoulder.

“Sure you are dear,” Tory pouted.

“So…” Adrian began. Silence followed soon after.

“Oh hell, we all want to know what’s happening, right?” Sammy glanced at the small group and was met by nods and mumbles. “Then let’s get out of here and go find them already! Draco might need some pointers and all that.”

“No,” Tory shook her head, “We’re grown adults. As such, we’ll stay here and get back to the matter at hand.”

“But Draco’s not here and I want to find out what’s happening, Tory,” whined Adrian.

“No.”

“But…”

“No Adrian. Just no,” was Tory’s brisk reply as she made them sit around the conference table and discuss the future plans of Wistful Bliss.



* * *



Draco turned into another hall, much to his annoyance. He had hoped to find Virginia and Juliet outside the building, but alas, that Virginia had long legs and sped off towards her apartment; an apartment Draco wasn’t quite sure where it was located.

Just as he made another turn, he barely caught sight of a red head, dragging along a small blond haired child. He smirked as he watched Virginia’s frustration and Juliet’s obvious tantrum.

“Might as well make my move,” he said to himself as he quickened his pace until he caught up with his ex-fiancée. “Virginia,” he said, clamping onto her thin arm.

She turned around, face red and eyes glazed over with anger. “What is it Draco?” she asked, trying to appear unfazed yet failing miserably. She took a few deep breaths, then calmed down immensely. If only he could do the same.

“I don’t want to make the same mistake twice,” he mumbled, remembering what Johnny had told him previously. He let go of her arm and rubbed his sweaty palms against his black slacks as he stared at his shoes, as if it were the attraction of the day. “I was a git and terribly rude to you. Will you please forgive me?” He glanced upward quickly, then looked quickly down. It was un-Malfoy-like, but when it came to Virginia, everything was different.

Virginia shrugged, “Fine Draco, I forgive you. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m busy at the moment with a wiggling and uncooperative little girl.” And with that, she continued on her way, leaving behind a shocked Draco.

He got out of his daze however and ran up to her once more. “That’s it? Just a simple ‘I forgive you’?” He was confused by the simplicity of it all.

“Well you did ask for forgiveness Draco, what did you expect me to say? We aren’t little kids anymore,” she replied, her fiery brown eyes looking into his own, surprised grey ones.

He bit the tip of his tongue as he tried to figure out what to say to her next. “Virginia, perhaps we can get together sometime soon…”

She shook her head, “I don’t think so Draco. Sorry, but I need to leave.” Her cheeks had a tint of red at the very thought of it.

“Please Virginia,” he begged, “I do believe we have things to discuss.”

“Mommy will go,” Juliet said, startling both her parents.

“Now dear,” Virginia reprimanded, “It’s not nice to plan your Mum’s life.”

Draco could only smirk, “Tonight at six PM Virginia. I’ll pick you up of course.”

“But what about…” Virginia began, but Draco quickly interrupted.

“Don’t worry about Juliet. I know a certain old couple who would just be delighted to meet her.” He winked at his daughter, who winked back at him. He had admit, it was a bit unnerving, seeing his own unusual grey eyes other than himself and his own father, on his daughter.

Virginia folded her arms, “And who exactly is the old couple? Can I trust them with my baby?”

“They’re my parents,” he replied in a dry voice.

“Then absolutely not! They’ll might kill her, or place a curse on her or something.”

Draco stared at her, flabbergasted, “For god’s sakes woman! These are my parents we’re talking about. They won’t harm my own daughter.”

Virginia shook her head. “They hate all Weasleys. And what are you going to tell them? Hi Father and Mother, this is my daughter I never knew existed. Please watch her as I have lunch with her mother. Oh, her mother? She Virginia Weasley! You know, the daughter of one of your worst enemies…”

“Sarcasm really does suit you Virginia,” Draco said admirably. “But I have to tell my parents sometime, and it’s better to tell them now.”

"They might give her an old diary that makes her see dead people!" Ginny retorted.

"Well, that's a new one," he replied, fully amused now.

“You’re impossible!” she said, shaking her head.

“As are you,” he replied, kissing her forehead and leaving her alone with her daughter. “And remember! seven PM sharp!”

“You said six!” Virginia yelled out to him.

He turned around and smiled, “Previous engagement that I just realized.” With that, he turned a corner and disappeared.

“Come on Mummy,” Juliet tugged at Virginia’s sleeve, “We got to get home and get ready for Father.”

Virginia continued to shake her head as her daughter led her down the streets and to their apartment.



* * *

“What have I gotten myself into?” Virginia said to herself, brown eyes staring at her reflection in the mirror. She sat before her vanity table, pondering how she was going to pull this off. “Natural, just look natural,” she murmured, long fingers rummaging blindly for her foundation.

“Is this it Mommy?” Juliet asked sweetly while holding up the muggle makeup product.

“Yes it is, thanks,” Virginia replied, taking hold of the tube and pulling off the cover.

“Are you gonna draw lines on your face now?” Juliet had always watched her mother apply makeup, and today was no different.

Virginia just grinned as she ‘drew lines’ all over her face with the skin toned makeup, and then spread it evenly with a foamy like sponge. “Wait, why am I doing this now?” she thought out loud as she stared at the clock hanging against the wall. She still had over 5 hours to get ready.

“Why not finish the story then,” Juliet suggested.

“What story?” Virginia asked, confused.

Juliet pouted, “You left off when you were fighting with Uncle Ron. You still have to tell me how your first band practice was like. Oh, and the first performance as a band too!”

“I get the idea now,” laughed Virginia. “Last story though, and I’ll only tell you the basic stuff. No need to tell you all the tiny little details about my life as a young girl.”

Juliet nodded as she ran to the bed and began to bounce on it, waiting expectantly for her mother to begin.

“And here I was, hoping you’d forget about all of this," Virginia grinned as she ruffled her daughter's blond hair.

Juliet smirked, copying her own father’s face perfectly, “You would’ve told me sometime, and it’s better to tell me now.”

“Oh god, she’s quoting him now,” she moaned as her hand covered her closed eyes. Juliet held back her giggles as she watched her mother‘s antics.

“But yes, that one morning after the fight with my brother…”





* ~ * ~ * ~ *

(Past)



“Ginny,” she heard a voice say as a warm hand shook her shoulder. “Come on Ginny, get up!” the voice insisted, the shaking becoming stronger.

“Let me sleep,” Ginny moaned into her pillow as she pulled her warm blankets over her head.

“Aw come on Ginny! Your brother wants to talk to you,” the voice whined.

“Leave me alone.”

“Not until you get up and talk to your brother,” the voice ordered.

Ginny lazily rolled out of bed and landed on the ground.

“Smooth Ginny, just be more careful as you make your way down to the common room.”

Ginny blearily opened her eyes and attempted to glare at the voice. “Yeah yeah, whatever.” She stumbled upon on of her pillows that was lying on the ground, which only brought more laughter to the other girl. Ginny blocked off the noise by covering her ears with her hands, then walked steadily towards the bathroom.

Awhile later, she emerged from her dorm room with her school robes barely covering her new and seemingly expensive outfit.

“Who woke me up?” Ginny asked as she found her room mates in the crowded common room.

Patricia raised her hand and gave her a warm smile, “Good morning to you too Ginny. Glad you didn’t trip down the stairs or something. I never took you as the clumsy type. Longbottom yes, but you?”

Ginny rolled her eyes at her childish teasing. “I’m not clumsy. I was just half asleep.”

“Ginny!” a voice yelled from across the room. Hermione was waving at her, signaling her to move towards the threesome.

Patricia moved closer towards Ginny and whispered, “Your brother was worried sick about you Ginny. Now he just seems pissed. Oh well, good luck mate!” Patricia patted Ginny on the back, then pushed her towards the threesome’s direction.

Ginny shoved past her house mates until she finally reached her brother and his friends. Ron was giving her evil glances, while both Hermione and Harry tried to act as if nothing had ever happened last night. She shrugged at the sight of Ron and sat stiffly on one of the plush chairs. “What seems to be the problem?”

Hermione and Harry both looked at each other, than at her. Soon their glances trailed off to Ron, then back at her. Ginny tried her best not to rip her hair out of her head and scream in frustration.

“Ron wants to know what you were doing with that group with Malfoy,” Harry stated.

“Oh, and why should Ron care anyway?” Ginny asked, staring at the three of them.

“Because he’s your brother and he’s trying to look out for you, that’s all,” Hermione responded, and patted Ron lightly on the shoulder as if to prove her point.

“Say something,” Ginny heard Harry whisper to Ron.

“Are they all in Slytherin? Is one of them your boyfriend?” were the only sentences Ron said. He would not even looking at her! Instead, his eyes lingered at the exit.

“One of them is,” she teased them. Why should they be so over protective when it came to her social life? “Must eat breakfast now before I’m late to class.” She quickly jumped out of her seat and nearly ran out of the room.

As soon as she reached the main entrance hall, however, a tall figure blocked her path. “Took you long enough.”

She stared at the school patch, letting her know the person was in Hufflepuff. “Long enough for what?” Looking up, she noticed it was only Johnny.

“We’re already late,” he responded, ignoring her question. “Come on, I'm guessing we're all gonna skip our first class.”

“Huh?” She still didn’t get an answer as Johnny led her farther from the food. Her stomach growled.

He led her up several flights of stairs until they finally reached the familiar hallway. The smell of delicious food wafted into her nose, and the sound of music reached her ears as well. She sped up her steps until she was in sight with the rest of the band.

“I guess Draco didn’t tell you that we all have breakfast while we rehearse a bit. Real band practice is after dinner though. You have lunch to eat with friends and all,” Johnny informed her.

Ginny wrinkled up her nose, “But won’t we get in trouble for not eating in the Great Hall?”

Sammy walked up to them and hugged both Ginny and Johnny. “Hey you two, you’re both late.”

Johnny shrugged, “Had to show Ginny the way, even though she's been here already.”

Sammy nodded, “Alright then. Let’s just eat and we’ll start practicing.”

Ginny bit her lower lip, “I don’t know any of the music.”

Sammy stared at her, and then laughed. “Of course you don’t, we never showed them to you yet.” She winked, then walked over to Adrian who sat before the drum set.

“You’re late.”

Ginny turned around. “Oh, hey, Malfoy,” she replied nonchalantly. Her stomached growled once again, to her annoyance. She moved closer to the table filled with food and grabbed a chocolate muffin.

“Ginny, did you try on your dress for the ball yet?” Tory asked from across the room.

She shook her head in response, “No, I went to sleep as soon as I reached my room.”

Tory nodded and then focused back to her music.

“Here,” Draco said to her, handing her sheets of paper. "These are the songs we’re going to be singing at the Masquerade."

She stared at the songs, fully surprised when she noticed who wrote them. “I shouldn’t be singing this,” she said, handing back the sheets of music, “You should. I’ll feel guilty, seeing as you wrote it and all.”

Draco frowned, “You’re the lead singer Virginia. I have too many responsibilities in this band as it is. You have Tory, and Sammy, and even me to back you up.”

Ginny shook her head, “You should at least sing one of your songs by yourself, Draco.”

“Or we could always do a duet,” he smirked, as he placed the papers back in her hands. “Go over the lines and make sure you know most of the words. Tory can play you the tune on her keyboard.” Tory nodded at them as she finished off her breakfast.

Draco nodded back, then settled near the table and filled his plate with all sorts of food.

Ginny ate the remaining pieces of her muffin. She plopped herself besides the keyboard, sitting on the dingy stone flooring. She briefly studied each of the lyrics.

“Are you ready?” Tory asked. Her fingers were already placed gently at the keys.

Ginny nodded. “This song first?” She lifted one of the music sheets towards Tory’s face.

“Sure,” Tory replied, and rearranged the music on it’s stand.

The song was a slow love song, albeit sad however. Ginny smiled softly. Hard to image Draco Malfoy wrote something so lovely.

Tory glanced quickly at her music. “Start singing,” she said, tapping her foot to the slow beat.

“I was waiting by myself, waiting for you love,” Ginny began somewhat reluctantly. “Waiting for you to hold me, to touch me.” Her cheeks turned a tinge of pink as she continued to listen to the song and sing out the words, “To feel your lips upon mine love. To hear your sweet voice.” Ginny stared at Draco from across the room, where he leaned again a narrow window, smiling gently back at her. His head moved with the lulling music, as did everyone else in the room.

“Yet you never showed, and the coldness I never known. It filled my heart with dread, because Luv, it meant you must be dead.” It shocked her, the words. It spoke of love, and then death?

The chords of the guitar quickened the pace as she reached the chorus part. She gave a quick fleeting look at Sammy, who only winked at her. Sammy held a bright purple guitar in her hands, and it was she who played alongside the keyboard and her singing.

The others joined in on their instruments. Adrian, who was already settled in front of his drums, began to play with the beat. Johnny began to play another tune on his bass, its deep tones giving her shivers.

“Take away the pain inside. Let me have revenge on those who planned your demise. It’s killing me inside. Wake me up, let me hide. Oh it’s killing me…”

“Killing me…” Tory sang alongside her, as well as Sammy.

“Oh it’s killing me, just give me a chance, let me take life, of the one you call your enemy. Let me show them how I feel inside.” Ginny frowned. This was like some twisted story, except in music format. Very interesting.

“Yet I was never dead,” Draco sang the next verse. Ginny stared at the music, shocked. This was one of the duet pieces. Draco had planned to sing with her all along.

“And you brought turmoil with your every step. Your soul I could not save, my love you had craved. Like a menace in disguise, I tried to stop you, yet you seemed blind. Your eyes, so full of hate, so uncaring, I had to do it, for your sake,” he continued.

The next was the chorus again. “Take away the pain inside. Let me have revenge on those who planned your demise. It’s killing me inside. Wake me up, let me hide. Oh it’s killing me, oh it’s killing me.”

“What exactly seems to be going on here?” A cold voice asked. Everyone stopped what they were doing. A professor stepped into the light, and the band members soon saw the stern face of Professor McGonagall. “I don’t think I was informed of this… band performance. You all know you’ve missed ten minutes of your first class?”

Everyone looked at her guiltily.

Professor McGonagall sighed, “20 points from…” she scrutinized each student and shook her head. “All of you are from different Houses. Although I encourage Inter-House relations, I cannot accept your tardiness for all of your classes. 10 points from Gryffindor, 10 points from Slytherin, 20 points from Hufflepuff, and 20 points from Ravenclaw.”

Moans and groans were her only response. Professor McGonagall looked expectantly towards Draco Malfoy. He was known to talk back to professors. Yet, this time, he did not. Instead, he packed up his guitar and other equipment. Everyone else did the same, except for Ginny, who just stood in front of the microphone.

“See to it that you don’t forget about your studies. It’s the only way you’ll succeed in life,” McGonagall admonished her students.

As she turned to leave, but made a last remark, “That was a great song you all were playing. Good job. Five points each for developing your creative side.” With that said, she strode out of the secluded hall and down the stairs, making her way back to her empty classroom.

“That was a close one. We need to monitor our time more carefully next time,” said Adrian.

“Yeah, I think we all figured that out,” replied Tory, who pushed the keyboard off to the side wall and placed a plastic covering over it. Within minutes, the room was somewhat organized.

“Alright now,” Draco said calmly, “We’ll all meet up her before dinner and practice again before midnight.”

“We’ll get in trouble again if we stay up that late!” Ginny said.


Draco shrugged, “Don’t worry about it Virginia. At least we won’t be missing any more class time.”

Everyone waved at each other and departed for their next class. Draco walked along side her as they both headed to the first floor. Ginny tried not to blush as Draco’s hand brushed lightly against her hip. She took a deep breath, and clasped his large hand into her own smaller hand. Draco stared at her questioningly, but did not remark. He did not pull away either; only moved closer towards her until they were barely a centimeter apart.

She tightened her hold on Draco's hand as they reached their departing point. She had to go left and he, right.

"I'll see you later Virginia," Draco said, kissing her forehead gently. "Don't be late for practice. I want to finish that song we were just playing. I'm thinking it could be a big hit."

Ginny nodded, "It really was beautiful. Maybe I can think up of some songs too perhaps.

"Possibly," was his reply, as he turned around and entered his first class.





* ~ * ~ * ~ *

(Present)



The doorbell rang suddenly, startling both Virginia and Juliet. Virginia glanced up at the clock once again and glared. "It's only six! That liar." She got off the bed and sat down before her vanity.

"Mommy! It's Father! Hurry! Hurry!"

Virginia tried her best not to just run into her closet and hide. "I'll act like an adult," she said, as she pulled out a sleek black dress.

"You ARE an adult, Mommy," Juliet giggled, watching her mother prepare for her 'date' with Father.

"Yes I am dear. Be a good girl and get the door. Make sure it's your father and not someone you don't know. Alright?"

Juliet nodded and then scampered out of the room. Virginia could hear Juliet's small steps walking through the hall , then a loud squeaking noise as she opened the door for the visitor to enter. Soon followed childish chattering, followed by a deep laugh. The footsteps of both Draco and Juliet became louder as they moved closer to the master bedroom.

Virginia jumped up from her seat and ran to the ajar door. Before anyone could enter the room, she slammed the door fully shut and turned the lock. A hand on the other side fidgeted with the brass knob, then knocked.

"Weasley," his smooth voice called out to her, resorting to her last name. "Make sure you wear something lavish. I wouldn't want you to feel out of place like all the other times."

She snorted in response. Only Draco Malfoy would eat at all the posh places and never set foot on the less... fancy dining restaurants.

She made her way to her closet and stared. It was packed full of cloths, just like any other closet. Hers just appeared to have more, due to a simple charm to expand the closet, so it could hold twice the amount of clothing. Almost all of her wardrobe consisted of casual wear. Being a mother who 'didn't get out much' as her brother said once, she hardly ever had the need to wear something classy. There were exceptions of course, such as weddings and the like.

Shifting through the hanging cloths, she finally picked out a dark red top and a flowing black skirt. Over that, she decided on one of her expensive black silk robes. It was a nice attire, yet not too overdone. She wasn't one to show off, like Draco Malfoy.

Virginia hurriedly changed into the outfit and raced out the door. The apartment was relatively quiet, except for the barely audible music playing inside Juliet's room. She moved closer and peered inside. Juliet was cuddled in Draco's strong arms as they sat on the floor, listening to old music. Her music. Draco's music. The band's music. It was the music in which she felt deeply about, and it brought about the one point in her life where she actually achieved something out of the ordinary. No longer had she been Ginny Weasley, little sister to Harry Potter's best friend. She had been a singer, an idol, an icon. All those things she was, and all the fame she had experienced... But all that was over now.

No regrets, that was her motto. Yet, sometimes, when the day was moving along slowly, she had nothing else to do but ponder the past, and what could have been in the future.

Draco looked up and smiled gently at her. His sun-kissed blond hair and those stormy grey eyes of his, had looked the same since she last saw him. It was good that he was back; he always seemed to comfort her, yet rile her up half the time. Now that he was here, maybe they could work things out and be a family, just like they planned it all those years ago...

"Daddy says you have a lovely voice, and I agree," Juliet said, tapping her fingers to the fast beat. Already she seemed so close to her father.

"I haven't sang in years. I'd probably just be awful at it now." Virginia shook her head.

Draco was about to object, if it were not for her withering look. He coughed in response and stared out the window.

"Hmm," Virginia said, "We all seem to be ready."

Draco nodded his head in agreement, "We'll just drop Juliet off at Malfoy Manor, then we'll have that long overdue talk."

“Manor?” Juliet’s interest was piqued. “You live in a manor?” She looked up at Draco and awaited an answer.

“Your grandparents live at Malfoy Manor, I just live in a regular apartment building like you do,” he replied.

“Penthouse,” Virginia faked a cough.

Juliet frowned. “What’s a penthouse?”

“You know what,” Virginia said cheerfully, “Why don’t we all just go, like now.” She gave Juliet a look when she began to pout. “Everybody out of this house in ten seconds before I go insane!” She pointed at the door dramatically and waited till both Draco and Juliet left the room. She grinned and exited the room, and found the two of them in the hallway.

“It’s past ten seconds,” Juliet stated dully. Draco smirked as he nodded his head.

“Is that why we’re all standing out in the hall?” Virginia questioned as she pulled out Juliet’s and her coat. “You’re waiting for me to go mad?”

“Uh huh,” was Juliet’s response.

Draco cleared his coat, gaining their attention. “Let’s just use floo. It’ll be quicker that way. Are you connected to the Floo Network?”

“Yes, of course I am. Just because I’m living in a Muggle apartment, doesn’t mean I live like one.”

“Of course Virginia.”

They gathered around the fireplace and quickly disappeared within the eerie green fire.
4 by Lillian
Sometimes I think that a true love can never be

I just believe that somehow it wasn't meant to me

Life can be cruel in a way that I can't explain

And I don't think that I could face it all again

I barely know you but somehow I know what you're about

A deeper love I've found in you, and I no longer doubt

You've touched my heart and it altered every plan I've made

And now I feel that I don't have to be afraid





They gathered around the fireplace and quickly disappeared within the eerie green fire.



Narcissa Malfoy lounged in front of the fireplace, her emotionless dolled up face stared at the warm flames in an uncaring manner. She scrutinized the charred pieces of wood, and the outer bark sizzling off and burning away to a fine, black soot. Even her husband, who had nothing to do for the evening, looked dully at the hungry flames, as he sipped slowly on a glass of red wine.

It was a typical evening for the both of them, much to their dismay. Social events always happened on the special FSSes. In other terms, Fridays, Saturdays, and sometimes Sundays. She didn't work, only walked around the manor like a ghost, or went to go shopping at London. Lucius had long since retired from his position from the ministry.

Yes, it was utterly boring for the both of them. After feasting on a spectacular dinner, they'd enter the study, and sit before the fireplace until the embers burned out. (She would usually douse the flames with water if it got too late into the evening. Such a tedious task for a lady such as herself.)

They were a sullen couple. Hardly any words were spoken between themselves. It was like that every single day when it came to the weekdays. Being rich surely was a good thing, but having nothing to do was rather... boring.

Her interest peaked as she noticed a green spark. Soon enough, the flames leaped out at the Malfoy couple, surprising the both of them. The two of them jumped out of their seats and backed away from the roaring fire, and stared in bewilderment as a child stumbled into the room. The child was wearing Muggle clothing, much to her husband's horror. To her disgust, she stared at her beautiful wooden floor, now tarnished with sooty footprints. "Oh dear..."

The girl brushed off her purple pastel dress, adding on to the pile of soot on the ground. It was then that she took notice of the two of them and smiled.

"How do you do?" she greeted them, grinning widely. "My name's Juliet Malfoy."

Lucius scowled at the girl. I was expecting it sooner or later. Imagine, an old man glaring at the poor, lost little girl in the middle of our study.

"That's obviously a lie. My cousin Donnis, doesn't have any children, least all a little girl who wears tasteless clothing. Besides him, I have no other relatives." He sneered as he scrutinized the child's outfit.

She was just a little girl, and Narcissa could tell the dress was pretty expensive, despite the fact it was Muggle-made. "Lucius dear, please lighten up," she said, touching his shoulder lightly.

"Nuh-uh," the girl, Juliet, said to Lucius. "I'm definitely related to you. Otherwise, Daddy wouldn't have told me to come here."

"Where exactly are your parents, dear?" Narcissa asked kindly, eyeing Juliet's familiar looking blonde hair. She was certain, this girl was a Malfoy. She couldn't possibly be... No. Impossible. Draco wasn't even married.

Before Juliet could respond, another person stepped out of the fireplace, giving her husband a near heart attack. She too was surprised. In all her years, she had never thought she'd see the day when a Weasley would step into their Manor.

"Just to let you know," the female Weasley said, "he forced me to come." She pointed accusingly at the fireplace, which Draco soon appeared out of.

Narcissa plopped onto the nearest chair, eyeing their unexpected visitors.

"Glad to see you too, Mum," Draco said to her teasingly. His smile disappeared as he looked at the direction of his father. "Father, I need to ask you a favor."

Lucius stared at the Weasley woman. "What is she doing here? And who is that girl? Is she your illegitimate child Draco?"

Juliet stuck her tongue out at Lucius, then sat on Narcissa's lap, much to her shock.

"Hi Grandma," she whispered to Narcissa, then giggled softly.

Lucius overheard and gaped. Narcissa simply fainted in her chair.

"Is this about money?" Lucius asked dryly.

Draco shook his head.

Lucius looked at them skeptically. "If it's not money, then what is it then?"

"Aren't you even going to ask why we're all here?" Draco said, slightly peeved. Things weren't going as planned. He'd pictured screaming and objects being tossed across the room. He usually was never wrong.

Lucius calmly took a seat on the leather couch. "I'm guessing you secretly married Weasley, had a daughter, and decided just now to tell us."

"Well, not quite," Virginia said. "Juliet is our daughter, but we're not married."

"Yet," Draco interrupted her.

She nodded her head nervously. "Draco and I were hoping to have a few hours to ourselves. It would be a great way to get to know your grand daughter..."

"Wait," Lucius said, horror etched onto his face. "You're leaving the brat with us?!"

"Lucius!" Narcissa said, waking up from her shocked state. "Don't speak that way about our granddaughter."

He scowled in response.

"You go on Draco and leave Juliet with us. We'll take good care of her."

Virginia stared dubiously at the beautiful woman. "Are you sure?"

Narcissa waved her off, "Of course I am. I promise not to let Lucius curse her, which I'm sure he's trying to restrain from doing." She glanced at Lucius and glared. "We'd be more than happy to watch your little girl."

"Wait a second Grandma," Juliet warned, "I am NOT a little girl. Where did that misconception come from? I'm already eight!"

"Of course dear," she said, admiring her adorable grandchild.

***************

"So, that went rather well," Virginia said, wrapping her hand into his own cold one. "Strangely well in fact."

"Yes, it did," he agreed.

"Almost too well. Did your mother act a bit, odd to you?"

"You never even met my mother before," he stated dully.

"I've seen her a few times though. She has that whole cold aura going on."

"And I don't?"

"You're just like a teddy bear, waiting to be hugged," she answered.

"I resent that you know."

"I know," she smiled. Anyways, what are we going to do now?"

Draco smirked, "Kiss and make up?"

"You mean make out, right?" she smiled innocently back at him, yet a look of mischief crossed her face.

"Hmm," Draco put his other hand under his chin, his expression thoughtful. "Let me think about that. How about hell yes?"

Virginia laughed. "I feel as if we're back at Hogwarts, don't you? I hardly ever get free time to myself."

"We just got to start changing that now, huh?" Draco said.

Virginia stopped in her tracks. "You're not going to take my baby away from me."

"That's not what I meant."

"Good, it better not be," she replied sourly.

"It never even crossed my mind, " he smiled sweetly back at her, then tugged at her arm. Both continued to walk towards the restaurant.

"Draco, what are we going to do? With us, with Juliet..." Virginia said uncertainly.

He kissed the top of her head. "I know it would only just be wishful thinking if I said I wanted to start where we last left off..."

"Oh yeah. Too much has changed. People change, I changed, and from the looks of it, you've changed as well."

He nodded, "But I never stopped loving you Virginia." He peered into her brown eyes, making her heart melt.

"I really don't know what to tell you Draco but... I hurt me badly in the past."

He looked about to protest, but Virginia quickly silenced him.

"Not physically of course, but mentally. How do I know you won't hurt me again?" She looked at him questioningly, truly expecting a heart felt answer.

"That's the thing Virginia," he said, voice sounding slightly bitter, "You don't. I apologize for my previous actions."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Aww come on Ginny!" he whined. She took notice of her old nickname. He hardly ever called her Ginny. Virginia mostly, and Weasley when he was angry at her.

"I'm supposed to have this bad boy image going on here. What will the fans say when they hear Draco Malfoy apologizing to a beautiful mystery woman in the sidewalk?"

A flash went off, then quickly followed footsteps running away from them. It looked like the journalist had one juicy story to tell for tomorrow's headlines.

"Shit," he cursed. He stared off at the shadowy person's direction. "I blurt something stupid out, and look what happens? The manager is gonna kill me."

Virginia took on a intimidating pose, with her hand on her hip. "And what about me Draco? I gave up this kind of life. I swear, if I see my face on any magazines..."

He smirked. "You haven't read today's paper, have you?"

"Can't say I have. Why?" She grew worried at his fully smiling face.

"Dear Virginia, I don't really remember my drunk stupor, but upon stumbling out of a bar, a ' mesmerizing red head sweeps Prince Charming off his feet, dragging him to some unknown location.' Well, that's what was written in the magazine anyway."

She bit the bottom part of her lip. "Please tell me your joking," she said. "You must be joking. Only you would call yourself Prince Charming. You're hardly charming, what with that terrible attitude of yours."

He rolled his eyes. "Let's just get to the restaurant and discuss everything there, okay?"

"So even more people will overhear us, right?"

"For god's sakes woman, we'll get a private little corner or something," he responded, dragging her down the sidewalk, despite her screaming.
5 by Lillian
A deeper love I've found in you
And I no longer doubt
You've touched my heart

and it altered every plan I've made
And now I feel that I don't have to be afraid



Virginia stabbed her salad venomously, imagining it to be Draco Malfoy's head. They had entered the rather large and very expensive restaurant without further interruptions, until the naive woman at the door noticed whom it was and nearly screamed her head off for an autograph.

They all flocked towards Draco like lovesick fools, pushing her to the side. Even now, Draco seemed to be laughing about it.

Draco stuffed a piece of chicken into his mouth, all the while flipping through his copy of Witch Weekly. He turned the page, and then nearly choked. He grabbed for the nearest cup, which so happened to be her glass of red wine, and gulped it all down.

She leaned forward and read the page curiously. It seemed Draco was not lying. The journalists were really having a field day when it came to his 'mysterious redhead.' She scowled.

"They know," he said. He ate another piece of chicken and chewed it hungrily. "They know it's you Virginia."

"Where does it say my name?" She snagged the girlish magazine, skimming through the whole article. It was trashy to begin with. Not anyone with a sensible mind would ever believe it.

Draco pointed out a certain paragraph, and she groaned in dismay.

"I know you wanted to settle down and live a private life..." he began.

"I just wanted to be with you back then Draco," she replied honestly. "I admit, I regretted leaving the band at first, but every time I looked at Juliet, I knew she wouldn't want to live her whole life in front of the public."

"Are you so sure about that?"

"Of course I am," she sputtered, "I know my own daughter."

He nodded. "Of course you do Virginia. I however, know hardly anything about Juliet. I want to spend some time with her. Maybe I can take her to Muggle London or the sort tomorrow. Maybe see a play while we're at it. Do you think she'd enjoy that?" His face was gleaming with happiness at the very thought.

"Spending any time with you would make her happy Draco," Virginia responded. "You can visit her a few times every month perhaps, but like I said before, you're not taking my baby away from me."

She must have said something wrong, because Draco suddenly had gotten all quiet. He did know she was teasing him, right?

"You're upset," Virginia said, upon closer observation. "What's wrong?"

He sighed. "I missed you Virginia." Tears prickled his eyes as he said this. He picked up his napkin and dabbed at the barely seen tears.

Virginia stared at him incredulously. This was not the Draco Malfoy she was familiar with. Malfoys never showed their weakness... most of the time.

She frowned, folding her arms disapprovingly, "You're lying."

"What? These?" He waved his hand across his tear stained face. "I guess I am just pretending about that. Nevertheless, I'm not lying about how I missed you. I still miss you."

"I'm right here," she scoffed. "I can see why so many directors want you in their movies these days. I never knew you were such a convincing actor."

"No need to be so mean," he pouted.

Draco's attitude was scaring her by the minute. She moved her chair closer to his, then kissed him gently on the lips. The smell of alcohol passed through her nose. It was something other than the red wine, something guaranteed to get a person drunk with only a few shots.

She pulled back and glared. "Draco Malfoy!" she yelled, gaining more attention around the room than needed. "I can't believe you came to our date dead drunk!"

"I'm not drunk Weasley," he said in an arrogant tone. "Malfoys never get drunk."

Virginia pursed her lips, then shook her head. "You took that fire whiskey stuff, didn't you? I don't know why I even bothered with you."

"Virginia," he said coolly.

She shrank back into her seat. Maybe she had been wrong. But she smelled the strong stench of alcohol.

"Yes Draco?" she replied sweetly.

He meditated his response, then answered. "Why does it matter if I'm drunk or not?"

She bit her lower lip, a habit she never could outgrow. "It matters because you won't be able to make any wise decisions tonight."

"Who says?"

She got up and smiled warmly at him. "Maybe I should take you home. They have a fireplace here, right?"

"Sit down Gin," he said, taking her arm and pushing her lightly back to her seat. "We're here to talk so let's talk."

"You're angry now."

"Don't presume things you have no way of knowing," Draco retorted.

"But I can tell," She insisted, "Your cheeks turn a tinge of red when you're angry."

"Enough about me and my drunkenness, which I assure you I'm very much sober right now."

Virginia gave out an unladylike snort.

"It's true though," he replied indignantly. "Besides, we should talk about what we came here for."

"Fine. Start talking."

Draco seemed to shuffle through his coat pocket until he brought it out and laid it on the table.

It was a black jewelry box with an insignia on top.

Virginia recognized the box instantly and gasped.

Draco could only smile in amusement, "Our wedding is long overdue, don't you think?"

"Are we really going to go through with this again?" Virginia tentatively touched the velvety box, then carefully opened it to reveal the same exact ring she wore all those years before. It was her engagement ring. "I mean, we've both changed so much Draco. What happens if things don't work out?"

"I still love you Virginia," Draco said to her solemnly. "Even after all these years. We'll make our marriage work."

She sniffled, taking the delicate diamond ring and gliding it through her finger. It fit her perfectly, just like in the past.

"Funny," she sniffled, "to think that we're repeating events that happened over nine years ago."

"Has it really been that long?" He smiled wistfully back at her. "Those were the good ol' days."

An eyebrow rose. "Oh, were they really?" Virginia said, shaking her head. "So many insecurities back then. Too many responsibilities to deal with too."

"You have even more responsibilities now," he reminded her. "At least back then, there were the parties and... the intimate times we've shared."

She blushed. "Hmm. I guess you're right."

"Of course."



Not much was said after that. Virginia marveled at her ring, while hastily finishing off her dinner. Draco took a few more sips of his wine, and then got up from his seat to leave.

"It's getting late," he said, glancing at his watch forlornly. "We should pick up Juliet now and bring you two home to rest." He took out a silk money sack and dropped a few Galleons on the table.

Virginia nodded, dabbed her red painted lips with her napkin, and got up herself.

“Ginny Weasley!” A loud, boisterous voice yelled through the restaurant as they were about to leave. Inwardly, Virginia groaned. Now people were going to realize just who Draco Malfoy’s companion was. It was bad enough with the attention Draco got earlier, but at least they didn’t recognize exactly who she was.

She turned around, and gaped. The person ran towards her, dragging another person behind her.

"Sarah Lovegood!" Virginia said, mildly surprised to see the woman there.

"Oh, she remembers me Ted!" Sarah squealed to her male companion. Turning her attention back at Virginia, she continued to grin widely.

Virginia, on the other hand, was less than thrilled to see Sarah there. Of course she would remember Sarah Lovegood. She was one of the few Wizarding families that lived by The Burrow, and she'd usually play with her when they were little. That was before Sarah had gone to Hogwarts herself, and decided that hanging out with any sort of Weasleys were un-cool.

Sarah hadn’t changed really, which wasn’t saying much. She still had her untamed curly hair, which instead of pigtails, was replaced with a messy bun. She wore humungous glasses that hid her inky black eyes and most of her face too. Virginia looked at Sarah’s left hand and took notice of two gold bands there. She was taken aback. Who would want to marry Sarah? Unless it was arranged...

“Oh Ginny,” Sarah continued to squeal, hugging Virginia in a tight embrace, then parting away from her and eyeing her with awe. “I can’t believe I’m seeing you again, after all these years. Remember how you would come over my house, and we’d both just have a ball?”

Draco cleared his throat, making his presence known. He was not one to be ignored, even if Virginia seemingly wanted to be ignored by this woman named Lovegood.

“Oh my god! It’s Draco Malfoy! Does that mean you two are married? Where’s my camera when I need it?”

Ted, Sarah’s supposed husband, eyed Draco curiously, then glowered.

“Don’t get too full of yourself now,” Virginia hissed into Draco’s ear, once the attention diverted to him.

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” he mumbled back, smiling at the couple in front of them. He then put on his Malfoy charm, which he usually reserved for gorgeous girls unlike Lovegood. “Virginia never mentioned a Sarah Lovegood to me before. I’m guessing you were childhood friends before Hogwarts? Come, join us for a drink.”

Sarah, still smiling, shook her head. "Thanks for the offer Mr. Malfoy, but my husband and I need to head back home to our little ones. You can never leave kids alone without them causing a mess."

The couple retreated out the doors, and Virginia and Draco soon followed. "Back to my parents' place, I presume?"



Virginia nodded, then scowled. "Draco Malfoy, since when did you become such an alcoholic? It seems that all you want to do today is drink."

He grinned boyishly at her. "No need to divulge that fact to a lady." He gently held her left hand, admiring the glittering ring on her finger. "So I guess it's a yes then?"

She smiled at him. "Of course."



* * * *




Narcissa watched the ancient grandfather clock, which was dismally slow. Lucius had already turned in for the night, unable to bear with his newly found out granddaughter's antics and overall cheerfulness. She had to admit however, the girl did lighten the place up with her sunny disposition. Maybe it would be her that will let the Malfoy name shine once more. Well, besides the girl's father that is.

She smiled, thoughtfully watching the clock's gold pendulum swing back and forth. It had been the first time in years since she'd seen her son face to face. Of course, she'd seen pictures of him in the newspapers, and the simmering gossip that went along with it. Never had her child thought of visiting at least her, or sending her an owl.

"Stubborn like his father," she said, mostly to herself, with affection.

Juliet, who sat before the warm fire with an old book on her lap, gazed upwards at her grandmother. "Who's stubborn Grandmother?"

For some reason, Narcissa felt as if she should have been sitting on a rocking chair, sewing away with a pair of circular glasses at the tip of her nose. Being called grandmother would take time getting used to. "Your father dear, Draco," she responded after awhile. "He's stubborn, just like Lucius."

Juliet laid her book down against the rug and smiled. "Tell me about Daddy."

Narcissa played with a loose strand of her blond hair. Her expression saddened as she continued to watch the clock. "I'm afraid I was never a good mother," she finally admitted. "I bought him sweets and the like when he was a boy, and both Lucius and I indulged him with his every need and desire."

"You spoiled him."

Narcissa nodded her head. "I'm not sure when it happened really; when I realized I truly lost my son. I think it was during his fifth year when he began to rebel against Lucius. I remember seeing even less of my son, for he would usually lock himself in his room and perform a silencing charm."

She took a quick glanced at her enthralled granddaughter. She still sat on the ground. "Would you like to take a seat?" Narcissa asked, pointing to the stuffed chair beside her.

Juliet got up from the rug and moved over to the chair. "What happened next?"

"He must have forgotten to put the charm up one day. I passed his door, only to hear the most lovely music played on a type of string instrument. Then I heard my son sing..." She smiled lightly. "That really threw me off at first. Malfoys never sing, and the only instrument the Malfoys had ever played was the piano."

"What did you do? Punish him? Or perhaps Grandfather punished him. He probably broke Daddy's guitar."

"Guitar?" Narcissa said. "So that's what it was. She laughed. "You really shouldn't presume much Juliet. Whoever said Lucius overheard the music?"

Juliet frowned. "You mean he didn't hear?"

Narcissa shook her head. "I've already toured you around the first floor, right?"

Juliet grinned. "Yeah, it's huge!"

"Did I tell you there's an additional four floors as well? This place is called a manor for a reason, dear."

"Blimey! You guys are rich!" Juliet said, eyes big as saucers.

Narcissa sniffed, "Of course we are. We're Malfoys. You remember your pure blooded heritage Juliet. Keep the bloodlines clean."

Juliet had never heard her mother say anything like that before. Then again, she was only eight.

"Now, where was I?" Narcissa mumbled, thinking back to the past. "Of yes, I decided to confront my son. I was just too amazed to ignore something like that.

"I unlocked his door, then entered his room. He was at the edge of his bed, strumming that instrument which you call a guitar, and singing such a sad song. I remember him scribbling on a piece of parchment off to the side. I never knew my son could song write.

"Anyways, he must have heard the door open, because we quickly stopped and turned towards me, deathly pale and all. I just wanted to give him a hug, but Lucius didn't like me to show off any affection like that."

"That must have been hard on you," Juliet said. "I know my mommy loves to hug me almost everyday."

"She's a Weasley," Narcissa said. "They're more open to things like that. They don't have to worry about formality and the like. That pure blooded clan is an oddity."

"I'm half Weasley too Grandmother," she reminded her, slightly scared of the older woman's bitter tone.

Narcissa sighed. "Yes dear, I know. It's going to take some time getting used to having a Weasley for a daughter-in-law."


"Oh, Mommy and Daddy aren't married," Juliet corrected her.

"What?!"

"Yeah, Mommy left Daddy before I was born. They just met up a day or two."

"Do they plan on marrying any time soon?"

"I working on it," Juliet grinned.

She laughed. "You'd definitely get into Slytherin."

Juliet began to fidget with the tassels on the decorated pillow next to her. "I'm not sure if Mommy will like that. Everyone wants me to be in Gryffindor."

Narcissa nodded. "Well, in the end, it's your choice on where you belong."

"But Mommy told me there's a sorting hat who picks which house you belong to."

Narcissa looked at her, surprised. "She actually told you about the hat?"

"Of course, but do continue with the story Grandmother."

"So yes, when Draco saw me in his room, he sort of froze, then asked me if I was going to tell Lucius." She tittered. "My own child doesn't trust me. Sons are supposed to trust their mothers, right?"

Juliet shrugged. “I’m just a daughter. I wouldn’t know.”

“I never gave Draco an answer. He got angry with me, ordered me out of his room and all,” Narcissa continued on, slightly miffed with the memory. “I didn’t want our relationship to be worse, so I never told Lucius what had happened. I shouldn’t have worried over that back then. Turns out a year later, he becomes some music idol.”

She shook her head, a look of disgrace appearing on her delicate made up face. “It was Lucius’s fault for what Draco became, some performer for the ordinary people. He pushed him too hard to join the dark side.”

Narcissa quickly eyed her granddaughter. “I dare not get too deep into the politics back then. Dreadful topics, they were.”

Juliet accepted this explanation, only wanting to her more about her father.

“Do you know your grandfather disowned Draco?” Narcissa bit her lower lip. “Lucius was furious when he heard that Draco was a part of a un-classy band. Lucius was over the edge when he found out that Draco and your Mother were engaged. After that, everything got too confusing for me to keep up with.”

“What do you mean?” Juliet asked. “How did it get confusing?”

“It was only a rumor the Draco and Ms. Weasley were engaged. We assumed that the two were happily married, but something didn’t add up. Draco would be spotted on newspapers and the like, but no mention of your mother. It was extremely embarrassing to see him in photos with other women, showing public aff-. Oh, you’re too young to hear that part.”

Juliet frowned. “Am I really?”

“Yes,” she replied, “you are.” Narcissa eyed the glass of water beside her. She grabbed it and gulped it down. “With what you’ve told me before, I now know they never did marry. From what I could tell with the two’s interaction before, they are still very much in love.”

“I should hope so,” Juliet said. “I can’t wait until the three of us are a real family.” She yawned suddenly, reminding Narcissa of the time.

"You should rest dear," Narcissa said warmly. "Would you like to use one of the vacant bedrooms, or just nap on the couch?"

Juliet responded, "I think I'll just stay here."

"Alright Juliet. Sleep now. I'll wake you up when your parents arrive."

She nodded her head sleepily as she moved to the leather couch and laid down. Soon enough, Narcissa could hear the child's steady breathing, making her close her eye and sleep as well.



* * * *




Draco, and then Virginia, soon stumbled out of one of the many fireplaces at the Malfoy Manor. The two of them were greeted with a darkened room, the quickly dying embers casting barely any light to see.

“Where are we?” Virginia whispered, staying close to Draco as he maneuvered about the dark room.

“I think we’re in my father’s study,” he responded. He pulled something out of his pocket and whispered, “Lumos.”

"This place is spooky," she commented, eyeing the amputated animal's heads hanged about the walls of the room.

"Ah, I see we're in the game room," he corrected himself, all the while moving forwards towards the door. "We'll head for the study first, and if no one's there, we'll just go to my parents' rooms and ask where our daughter is."

"What if they're sleeping though, Draco?" Virginia asked, slightly perturbed at all the glassy black eyes of the dead animals staring all around her. She shivered, then ran out into the hall where Draco watched amusedly.

"If they're sleeping, then we'll just have to wake them. Otherwise, we could spend the night and wait till morning..."

"Absolutely not," she cut him off quickly. "Let's just get Juliet and go home."

He smiled. "Of course Virginia."





Virginia followed Draco throughout the dark halls, dimly lighted by cindering torches that hung gloomily against the walls. She took note of all the wooden doors, all having their own individualistic character. The carvings on the door was like a wooden masterpiece - each door depicting what seemed like a story that never was spoken with words.

"Most of these doors just lead to some of the major rooms," Draco said, slightly amused as he took sight at one door in particular: a knight figure's upper body being captured within a dragon's intimidating mouth. "As mother put it, it would be a waste of money and time to decorate all the rooms, especially since we aren't going to use any of them." He opened the door he was looking at, and within the room, a formal living room was shown. "We'll just enter through here, go into the hall, and follow that path downwards until we reach the study."

She nodded, tentatively entering the room. "Down the hall you say?" she asked, in awe at the realistic portrait of the present Malfoy family hanging above the mantle across from her.

Draco nodded. "We better hurry though, it's getting late. We wouldn't want to run into any Malfoy ghosts. They'd have a fit once they see your hair."

Virginia grinned, "Amazing how even our ancestors detested each other."

"I definitely don't detest you Virginia," he replied. A small smile was set of his face. He quickly turned away from her. "Come on Virginia. Let's get out of here. Even if I've lived here as a child, it still gives me the creeps." He shivered, just to prove his point.

Laughing, she grabbed a hold of his hand and led him out into another hallway. They seemed to walk for hours, until they reached a door labeled "STUDY" in gold lettering.

Draco took a deep breath, then eased the door open. He peeped inside and sighed in relief. Virginia shoved him fully inside the room and worriedly scanned the room for Juliet. She finally spotted her, napping peacefully on the couch.

Mrs. Malfoy stirred awake and gracefully stood up, sparkling blue eyes watching Draco as he entered further into the room. "I see you're finally back." She glanced at the clock. "Quite late too."

Virginia moved closer to the grandfather clock. "Wow. You actually have an antique Muggle clock.” She tentatively touched the polished wooden surface, and peered into the glass .

Draco frowned. “We may not agree with Muggleborns being a part of the Wizarding community, but we won’t cast out the fineries of Muggle creations.”

“Ah... I see.” She blushed. Virginia gently shook her daughter awake, making the small girl rub her eyes tiredly.

“Mummy,” Juliet mumbled, “Are we going home now?”

Virginia nodded, pointing towards the fireplace. "You first Juliet. And as soon as we're home, I want you to wash up and go to bed."

The girl sleepily stood up and walked slowly towards the fire. She contained a small yawn before she picked up a small amount of floo powder and threw it into the flames. "Weasley Apartment," she stated in a clear voice, then stepped in.

Virginia went up to Draco and smiled. "See you soon Draco."

He kissed her briefly on her forehead, then squeezed her hand gently. "Hopefully tomorrow."

She placed a quick kiss his is smooth, warm lips, and then calmly threw a dustful of floo powder into the fire. "Weasley’s Flat," she repeated. Closing her eyes and tucking in her shoulders, she stepped in, barely hearing Draco whisper her name.



Juliet was waiting for her in her room, arms folded and back leaning again her headboard. "Did Daddy give you that pretty ring?" Her gray eyes were one the diamond ring that Draco had given her previously.

"Yes, he did. How perceptive of you." Virginia replied as she tucked her daughter into bed.

"I'm not sleepy anymore," Juliet began to pout. "Please tell me the rest of... you know."

"I can't tell you the rest anymore," Virginia told her daughter gently. "Because the rest of my memories during that time are in a Pensieve.”

Juliet stared back at her mother, confusion written all over her face. “A Pensieve? What's that?”

Virginia tucked her daughter in and kissed her lightly on her forehead. “I’ll show you in the morning if you’re good. Goodnight dear.”

“Can’t you just show it to me now?”

“Goodnight dear,” Virginia repeated, eyeing her daughter sternly.

"But Mom, I already had three whole hours of sleep!" Juliet whined.

Virginia shook her head. "If you go to sleep and wake up past six AM, then you can get the Pensieve yourself in my room. It's in the closet. You've probably seen it before. It's that blue tinted glass with a silk cloth covered over it."

“Alright, I promise to sleep then.” She began to smile softly. “G’night.”

“Goodnight Juliet. Sweet dreams.”



It was exactly eight minutes before six AM when Juliet flung off her covers and raced towards her mother’s bedroom. Her mother was already in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for them. On the bed was the glass bowl her mother had talked about before, with a note beside it.

Juliet, the Pensieve I own is one of the latest that came out. All you need to do is look into the silvery substance and touch it gently. You’ll then be inside my memories. This is where things become slightly different from the past Pensieves invented. You’ll be watching through my eyes, feeling my emotions... Some memories I’ve deemed inappropriate for you to witness, so you’ll only be seeing the scenes I think you’ll want to see the most. Have fun! ~Mum

Hesitantly, Juliet pulled off the cloth and stared transfixed at the silvery liquid. Quicksilver came to mind, and as soon as she placed her forefinger into the cold liquid...




* * Past * *



This was it, she thought nervously. Excitement leapt through her soul, and her heart beat was faster than usual. Taking a few deep breaths, she calmly faced the long mirror and scrutinized her appearance.

"You can do this Ginny," she said to herself, twirling with a stray strand of curly red hair, then placed it in back of her ear. She smoothed out her green dress as an afterthought, her sweaty palms leaving a slight residue on her skirt. She bit her lower lip and tried to dry it by waving the skirt a bit.

"Oh Merlin help me. I can't do this." She eyed the lone window, taking in the empty quidditch and shining stars. She was tempted to just make a dash out over the window and run for it. No need to embarrass herself in front of the school.

Don't be a scaredy cat, her mind reprimanded. They're depending on you. Adrian, Sammy, Johnny, Tory, Draco... Show them your true, fiery tempered self.

But she was just quiet Ginny Weasley, a shadow when it came to the Weasley family.

Before she could do something stupid, she ran out of the room and searched for the other band members. Maybe then her doubt would go away. She was going to go through with this, even if it killed her.

"Ginny," a warm voice greeted her. She looked to the left of her and noticed Tory, in all her exotic beauty. Her dark brown, almost black, hair was twisted up and held in place with what she could see to be a ornamental diamond hairclip. The dark makeup was gone, and in it's place was icy white eye shadow and metallic light pink lipstick. She wore a two piece gown made up of iridescent white taffeta and glimmering silver trimming. The hem of her skirt revealed a silver layer of tulle, making the overall dress appear poufy and princess-like.

Ginny looked down at her own dress, which was made up of a forest green satin and gold chiffon. It paled in comparison with Tory's outfit.

"You're missing something," Tory said distractedly, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. Her dark blue eyes came to life suddenly and Ginny soon found herself being dragged by the arm, Tory holding on tightly with her white gloved hands as they both made their way down the hall.

"Slow down," Ginny whined, their high heeled shoes making a racket against the stone floors. Ginny wasn't one for such shoes; growing up with wearing mostly flat shoes or sneakers. "What's gotten into you Tory?"

Tory rolled her eyes, then shoved Ginny into room. They were in Tory’s dressing room. Tory turned on the lights and led Ginny over to a mirror. They stood side by side in front of the mirror, Tory grinning wickedly all the while.

"Tell me something," Tory began, "Do you see anything missing with your outfit? Compared to mine that is."

Ginny bowed her head down slightly. "Your outfit looks gorgeous and mine looks dull."

Tory tsked at her, although she didn't deny Ginny's statement. "Silly witch, you're not wearing any accessories!" Tory then pointed out her own tear drop earrings along with matching necklace. On her wrist was gold bracelet encrusted with diamonds. Ginny could only gape.

“You must remember my background Tory,” Ginny said weakly. “My family isn’t exactly rich.”

“I know that Gin,” Tory said affectionately, tapping the top of her red head playfully. “That’s why I’m going to lend you my emerald jewelry set. I think I have a ring, a necklace, and matching earrings. Let me just go check and make sure.” She walked to the closet and pulled out a velvet jewelry box on the top self. Walking back over to her, she set it on top of the vanity and opened it.

Ginny’s eyes widened even more with what she. “All that could probably buy The Burrow and then some!”

Tory eyed her curiously. “The Burrow? What’s that?”

Ginny shook her head in embarrassment. “Nothing at all. Just ignore me.”

“Aw! You’re so adorable when you’re mortified,” Tory cooed. She then took out a few bits of her jewelry and showcased them to Ginny. “Will these do?”

Nodding her head dumbly, Ginny took hold of the emerald ring and placed it on her right hand. “Wow.”

Tory laughed. “Let me help you put this on,” she said, pointing to the necklace. Ginny continued to nod as she herself inserted the emerald earrings.

“Marvelous!” Tory exclaimed once they were finished. She stared admirably at Ginny’s reflection, then patted the girl on the back. “Come on Ginny, we better get out there now. The ball’s already started I think.”

“Yeah,” Ginny said, getting out of her stupor. “Everyone might be wondering why we’re taking so long.”

Tory smirked. “I’m sure Sammy’s still getting ready.”

They got out of the room and were immediately met up with a hyper Sammy. Her brown hair was down, unlike Tory and herself. Her wavy brown hair had tiny pink glitter all over, and even more pink glitter on her face and shoulders. “There you two are!” she grinned. She rushed towards them, her pink embroidered dress rustling about her as she did so. “The guys are all waiting by the entrance. You two excited or what?”

“What kind of silly question is that? Of course we’re excited!” retorted Tory, giving her friend a hug. “Now you guys, we can’t screw up in there. If we do, then we’re screwed.” she said solemnly.

“Ha, we practiced too hard to mess up Tory. You just play that keyboard, and Ginny, you sing with that angelic voice of yours. I’ll be standing up on stage, pretending I’m not doing anything. Of course, none of the guys won’t notice since they’ll be taken in by my beauty.” She winked at them, then ran on ahead towards the Great Hall.

“She doesn’t look nervous at all,” Ginny said, amazed. “I’m so nervous, I contemplated jumping out my window and making a run for it.”

"And where exactly would you go with five crazed band mates chasing after you?" humored Tory.

Ginny shrugged. "Probably head for the Forbidden Forest and get eaten alive."

Tory cringed. "How... fun."

Ginny grinned, "I know."


* * * *




"It took you all long enough," Draco huffed, leaning against the entryway.

"All the equipment is already set up inside. We just got to get up on stage and perform," informed Adrian. "And ignore Draco. He's just pissed because he has to go home for the Holidays."

"But the plans!" protested Tory, as she walked over to the brooding Draco. "We have that small show in Hogsmeade during break. Can't you tell your parents you rather stay here?"

"Tradition," Draco said solemnly. "It's tradition that I go home for the Holidays and spend time with my parents." He scrunched up his nose. "And meet up with all the other relatives. I won't be able to leave Malfoy Manor. My parents will be sure of that."

“Guys!” Sammy groaned. “Johnny boy seems to have made his entrance. He’s up on stage, giving air kisses to all the girls on the room.”

Tory’s eyes flashed a dangerous blue hue. “Someone needs to hit him with that guitar of his,” she said icily, her heals turning away from them as she strode inside the Great Hall and made her way towards the stage.

Bouncing, Sammy followed here, along with Adrian who put on a warm smile. Ginny peered into the crowd, scared out of her mind. I can’t go in there and make a fool of myself.

Draco watched her, his gray eyes cool and calculating. “Shall we?” he asked, extending his hand towards her.

Closing her eyes tightly, she grabbed a hold of Draco’s hand. He chuckled quietly as he led her through the doorway. “Open your eyes,” he whispered closely to her ear. “Can’t you see how everyone’s enchanted by your beauty.”

Draco obviously was lying to her, but she relented and opened her eyes anyway. Her stomach seemed to be doing somersaults once she noticed quite a few eyes watching her curiously. Draco tightened his hold of her as they moved closer and closer to the stage. Ginny laughed, watching as Tory yank at Johnny’s ear for his indecent behavior.

“She’s very protective of him?” she commented. They both climbed up the steps and got onto the stage. She got into her position, which was up and center. Draco was a few feet away from her, grinning.

Sammy ran up to Ginny and gave her a quick hug. “Good luck girl! And if you screw up, just keep on going and pretend you meant to do it.”

She nodded, already knowing that fact.

“And if you screw up big time, we’ll just play our instruments louder to lessen the attention on you.”

Ginny scrunched up her nose. “Um... alright then.”

“And if you screw up big time, you have Draco to save your ass,” Sammy continued. Draco heard his name being called and winked at their general direction.

Sammy moved closer towards her and cupped her mouth by Ginny’s ear, so only she would hear. “Draco has the hots for you. Are you guys an item yet?”

“I don’t know.” And it was the truth. She really didn’t know how Draco felt about her.

“Well,” Sammy said, “Figure it out soon. You guys will definitely make a cute couple.”

Leave it to Sammy to make her flustered before their gig. “Sure thing Sammy.”

Sighing, Ginny eyed the crowd nervously. She wiped her sweaty palms against the fabric of her skirt. “I can do this, I can do this...” she repeated to herself. She reached out and turned on the microphone in front of her. Everyone else went into their positions. Ginny glanced quickly towards Draco, and noticed that he, besides Adrian, sat comfortably on a stool. The unfairness of it all! Her knees were going weak and she needed the stool more than he.

“As soon as Dumbledore introduces us,” Draco said in a low voice, we perform and blow our crowd away.”

Ginny smiled, despite the fact she wanted to cry all. Why she wanted to cry, she really didn’t know. She also felt sick, now that she thought about it. Seeing a crowd of masked students before her, all of them watching in direction, made her uneasy.

Was she really ready to do this? Did she even have a choice now? Why did she have to start the song? Why...

Dumbledore stood up from his sit and smiled, blue eyes twinkling with humor. “And now I present to you, your own fellow classmates, Wistful Bliss.”

Draco began to play the soothing notes of the song with his guitar. Adrian was drumming out a steady beat. Johnny and Sammy were both playing there own little part with their guitars, while Tory was gently pressing the piano keys. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Panicked, she looked towards Draco who just nodded his head. He played the intro once again, and the rest of the band followed.

She opened her mouth once again, and slowly, but too quietly she began to sing the words. Draco seemed to sigh in exasperation, because soon enough, his haunting alto voice joined up with her own melodic soprano voice. Gaining confidence now, she sang a bit louder until the words were clearer and more audible.

Here in the shadows
I'm safe
I'm free
I've nowhere else to go but
I cannot stay where I don't belong

Two months pass by and it's getting cold
I know I'm not lost
I am just alone


But I won't cry
I won't give up
I can't go back now
Waking up is knowing who you really are


Here in the shadows
I'm safe
I'm free
I've nowhere else to go but
I cannot stay where I don't belong

Here in the shadows
I'm safe
I'm free
I've nowhere else to go but
I cannot stay where I don't belong

Show me the shadow where true meaning lies
So much more is made in empty eyes




Last of the notes filled the air, and soon enough, the room was filled with hoots and loud clapping. Her heart was pounding excitedly, and shivering thrills ran throughout her body. She did it. They did it. Closing her eyes tiredly, she tried to calm herself and took a few deep breaths.

Draco introduced the next song, and soon enough, she began to sing. Her confidence was boosted by the second, and towards the end of their performance, she was no longer afraid.
6 by Lillian
It seemed to be like the perfect thing for you and me

It's so ironic you're what I had pictured you to be

But there are facts in our lives we can never change

Just tell me that you understand and feel the same

This perfect romance that I've created in my mind





Time seemed to pass before Juliet's eyes, or more like her mother's, and soon found herself in an unfamiliar room. Everything that happened in between the first show and now was a total blank for her. Her mother's past life swamped her consciousness, until she found herself reliving her mother's life once again. Mentally, she knew two years had past since the band's performance.



It all came crashing down on her.

The fame, the publicity, the lies.

Did she really want to live her life like this?

The wealth, the pain, the mask.

Yes, of course she did. It's worth it in the end. At least she hoped so.

Ginny wiped her tears away and smiled sadly at her mirror. Her mascara left black blotches around her eyes, and her face was all red. "You need to be strong," she said to herself, as she got to work on making her face flawless once again.

A few minutes later, a knock came at the door, and then someone entered her dressing room. It was Draco, who had an indescribable look about his face.

"It's getting late," he began, his steps moving closer towards her vanity, where she sat silently. "We should get you back to the school soon. Headmaster is lenient enough to let Sammy and you leave school grounds within the school year. The least you can do is go back early to make everyone less worried about your safety."

"Draco?" Ginny whispered, brown eyes staring straight ahead at her reflection. She touched the cool surface of the mirror, and then quickly withdrew it.

He took notice of her reaction and watched all this with a quirked eyebrow. "What is it Weasley?"

She glared in response, which made him sigh. "I am mistaken. What is it all mighty Virginia?"

The smile she gave didn't seem real with her deploring eyes. This in response caused him to frown as well. "Are you feeling ill Virginia?" He broke the space between them and made his way over to her, feeling her forehead lightly.

"You're really warm," he mumbled, pulling his hand away.

"Your hand is just cold." Ginny picked up her brush and ran it through her curly red mane. "I'm almost done in here. You can go back to the flat and I'll just finish up with my makeup and wait up for Sammy."

"I'm not going without you Virginia," he said. He folded his arms and loomed over her. "You might get hurt or some crazy fan might try to kidnap you. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if something bad happens to you," he confessed. "Besides, Sammy already left a few minutes ago."

"I'm a big girl Draco," she raised her head a bit and kissed him on his pale cheek, "I'll be fine by myself. But if you insist, then you'll just have to wait while I go through my girly rituals."

He smiled haughtily down at her. "I have all the time in the world."

Ginny patted the seat next to her, and Draco gratefully sat down on it. "So tell me," she began, making the finishing touches on her fast. It was a waste really to put any makeup on, since she was going to take it off in an hour or so. But once they leave the building, she knew for a fact that they'd be swarmed with paparazzi. It was fun at first to have all the attention, yet there was a limit on how much one wanted to see their face on a magazine, or newspaper, or any other form public material. "How are the record sales doing?"

Draco propped his elbow on her vanity, resting his head gently against his palm as he faced her with his molten gray eyes. It was an un-Malfoyish mannerism, but as he had pointed out several times to her, he no longer was a true Malfoy. She wouldn't know how to feel if her parents disowned her like Draco's had done. It was unimaginable to her. Instead of his parents being proud of him for the band's success, they were embarrassed and most angered. They threatened to cut him off from the Malfoy fortune if he wouldn't quit the band, and so they did when Draco continued to sing and play his guitar around the Wizarding World.

"You already know how we're doing Virginia," he said lazily to her, smirking. He touched a strand of her wavy hair that came in front of her eyes, then twirled it gently around his smooth, pale finger. "At this rate, we'll be known world wide. Once Sammy and you are done with your schooling, we'll all be able to get bigger gigs, away from this place."

"Like America?" Ginny asked, the thought of going there made her all the more exited. If only she could finish school sooner... Just two more months until her freedom.

Draco nodded his head, this kissed the side of her mouth. "Yes, like America. And we could probably perform for some Muggles too. We'd gain an even bigger fan base that way. Remind me to run that by with the manager.”

“That’s a brilliant idea,” Ginny agreed. “Muggles use CDs, so we could record our songs onto that.”

He began to groan. “More recording. How... fun.”

She laughed. “All work, no play,” she said. She heard Hermione say that once to her brother and Harry. That reminded her to send the three of them a letter soon.

"Virginia, what's wrong? I can tell you were crying before." Draco touched her cheek gently, awaiting her answer.

How was she to answer him? If he knew what she was worrying over, he'd only get upset and possibly angry with her insecurities. She may look confident when she was in front of a camera, or even on stage, but behind the scenes...

Why did she feel that she was digging a bigger hole for herself? Instead of showing the world how she really way, this new Ginny, she felt as if she was faking everything. Maybe the true Ginny was the mousy girl hidden behind the shadows.

"Please tell me Virginia. You know you can trust me. I love you." His hand was still on her cheek, thumb rubbing lazily in circular motions.

Tears pricked her eyes. Draco hardly ever said he loved her. They weren't even officially seeing each other, due to the band's image. 'If they were single, more fans would come', so said their manager.

"Nothing's wrong Draco," she lied. "I love you too." She moved closer towards his delectable mouth, unconsciously licking her own lips before placing them over his.

He responded immediately, lips meshing together with hers. Her hands encircled his neck, bringing him nearly on top of her. He pulled back slightly and shock his head, eyes in a daze.

"Not yet," he said hoarsely, pulling away from her completely. He immediately stood up from his chair and began to pace around the room. He turned around suddenly, eyes accusing. "You're hiding something Virginia Weasley. Care to tell me what it is."

She pouted. "You'll only get angry with me. Call me ungrateful or foolish or the sort."

He rolled his eyes. "So you are trying to hide something from me. I'll find out sooner or later you know."

She shrugged. "I prefer later than sooner. Give me some time to think, okay?"

"Fine. I'll be waiting for you outside," he answered her curtly. He stormed out of the room and slammed the door shut.

It was foolish of her, trying to hide her emotions. "I'm rich and happy now," she said to her reflection. "And I've got someone to love." She nodded her head distractedly. Yes, she had Draco.



* * A Year Later * *



A swish of red hair. A charming young woman's face with a varied amount of freckles dusted across her nose and cheeks. Warm brown eyes staring straight out at the viewer. Pink painted lips moving to the words of the song.

Zooming out. Arms moving about passionately, legs moving around the set. A dark alley scene. A drummer in the background, head moving up and down with the music. Arms thrashing at the drum set before him. Another woman with exotic features at a keyboard, leaning against a dirtied brick wall. Another woman, a spunky looking blond dressed in a bright clubbing outfit playing a guitar. Another man standing beside her, playing his own guitar; his long brown hair dancing around his face.

Camera zooms back to focus at the first woman, a sweet looking red head, eyes now closed but mouth still moving. A shadow appears, darkening half her face. Camera zooms out again to show a stunning young blond man, guitar slung at his back with his leather strap. He steps into a puddle, black shoe and leather pants now having water beads gleaming with the light. The blond man wraps his arms around the red head who smiles serenely. She stops singing. It's the man's turn to sing to her.

Silvery eyes glance straight at the camera, captivating the viewer with the man's good looks. Music stops. Everything is still for a moment. Words are at the edge of the video, for that was what it was - a music video. The words of the song are displayed, then the band's name, Wistful Bliss. The screen goes blank. Done.



Draco looked dubiously at the screen. "I'm not so sure..." he began.

Sammy interrupted him. "That was so awesome! Ginny, you looked so adorable when Draco began to hold you at the end."

Ginny blushed, moving even closer from her seat on the couch towards Draco. He in turn scooped her up in his arms and placed her gently onto his lap. He still looked troubled however. "The question is, would the Muggles like it?"

Tory shrugged. "The sooner we get this out to the public, the sooner we get to see the people's response."

Adrian nodded. "I think it'll be a hit though. Radio stations, Muggle and Wizard kinds alike, have been playing our songs like crazy."

"I don't know..." Draco still said.

Johnny took out the tape and gave it to Ms. Anderson, their manager. "What do you think Anderson?"

She frowned. "I think it could have been better." The band mates, with the exception of Draco, protested. "But I also think it's good enough, considering this is all your first video. We should send it in now." They cheered to hear that.

Ginny smiled as well and kissed Draco on the cheek. He tugged at her left arm, fiddling with the special ring that was placed on her finger. "I love you," she whispered to him affectionately. He mouthed back the words to her. She couldn't help but giggle in turn. She took note of the watch he was wearing. She had given it to him last Christmas.

"You really don't have to wear it you know," she said, pointing to the platinum watch. I'm sure you could afford a much more expensive watch.

He chuckled. "Why would I ever want to do that when I have a special watch given to me by a very special person?"

Their lips interlocked, hands roamed around the other's body. Ginny squirmed against Draco's lap, trying to shift herself closer towards Draco's body.

"My place," he whispered roughly into her ear. She nodded in response, and they both Disapparated away.



Juliet saw no more of that scene. She suddenly was flung into another memory; one that didn't seem happy at all. It was a recording studio by the looks of it.



"Why?" he asked coolly, his silvery eyes looking at her with a bit of anger showing on his face.

"You don't understand! Let's just leave the band and live a normal life. Please!" Ginny tried to persuade him, but it was no use.

He hugged her tightly, and as he did so, he slipped his watch given from her into her hand. "You need to choose, Love. If you drop out, you leave me as well. If you stay, we could get married next spring, just like we had planned..."

Tears streamed down her face, "You cruel, insensitive git! Do you love the band more than you love me?" She was torn between what to do. She didn't want her child to live the life full of pesky reporters and other people always staring. She shivered. Her child disserved to have a private, normal life.

He stayed in place, his cold demeanor starting to appear. "Why are you doing this? We're famous now, and yet you still want to leave. Explain to me why we need to leave."

She wiped away her tears and glared, "You do love the band more than me. You love the fame, the limelight. You're already rich, and you had the perfect girlfriend..." She turned around and stormed out of the room. Goodbye Draco... It's for the best... She touched her stomach tentatively, as if trying to feel the child within.

He stared at her retreating back. The rest of the band members looked at them in shock. "She'll come back," he reassured the group.

What he didn't know was that it took eight years before he saw Virginia Weasley again, as well as the daughter he never knew of, Juliet Weasley Malfoy.




~fin

A/N: Story of Your Heart is finally finished. ^_^ You might be wondering what happens to Draco and Virginia in the future, but if you haven't noticed in the last chapter, Virginia had an Engagement Ring on. *hinthint* I'm not sure if I'll do a sequel. Is there even need for one? 0.o I have some ideas if I do it of course, but that'll all depend on the feedback. Also, thanks to everyone who reviewed! *hugs*

Please review?
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=274