The Band Must Go On by ronlover
Summary: Ginny Weasley is about to start her 6th year at Hogwarts. Little does she now that it will be filled with many surprises. Hogwarts School has decided to start a program called 'Community School Hours'. Ginny Weasley is excited about her choice...that is until Draco Malfoy came along.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 4705 Read: 7519 Published: May 22, 2005 Updated: Jun 26, 2005

1. Community Service Hours by ronlover

2. Draco Malfoy by ronlover

3. Return by ronlover

Community Service Hours by ronlover
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters you may recognize from the wonderful world of Harry Potter; they belong to J.K.Rowling.


Chapter One


Community Service Hours


Ginny Weasley walked into the front room of the Burrow. She was tired. She had just spent the whole afternoon working at her brothers joke shop.

It was the summer holiday before her sixth year. She had grown quite a lot during the past month. Ginny Weasley was no longer short like her mother. No, she was tall just like her brother Ron. However, she still looked a lot like Fred and George. Her temper was still there, and her taste for food was still there, of course. Unlike her mother however she had lost the weight during her growth spurt. It was surprising really.

Sitting down on a couch that wasn’t covered by something, she picked up a magazine. She flipped mindlessly through the books wondering what it would be like if she was a model. Slowly she fell into a doze.

About an hour latter she was awoken by angry voices coming from the kitchen. Getting up off the pink couch that she had been sitting on, she stretched and slowly made her way to the kitchen.

“I can’t believe that he is doing this!” Ron Weasley was complaining to an annoyed Hermione. “I mean, he can’t possibly think that we can finish seventy hours.” He trailed off as Ginny entered the room.

“Why are you yelling?” Ginny asked.

“Do you know what Dumbledore has done?!” Ron asked jumping up.

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Relax Ron. It’s actually quite easy, and besides you have a lot of choices to choose from,” she said before looking down at a letter she was holding.

“Can someone please tell me what is going on?” Ginny asked, clearly annoyed.

Ron shoved a letter across the table. Picking up the letter, she turned it over to find that it was her Hogwarts letter. Opening the envelope she pulled out the letter. Before looking down at the letter to read it, she glanced at Ron, who looked royally pissed off.

‘Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry’ It said it bright green ink.

Miss Ginevra Molly Weasley,

We are pleased to say that this year (1998), Hogwarts will be starting a program called ‘Community Service Hours’. Every student must complete seventy hours of community service in order to graduate. Even though you are in your sixth year, you still need to complete all seventy hours. Attached is a listing of what you may do for your community hours.

Also attached is this year’s book list, and we are pleased to say that we have two new subjects. One you must take, and will be added into your school timetable, the other is an optional. The two extra courses are Family Studies, and Music. Family Studies is the must take course. However, Music is an optional.

You will also need two extra dress robes, as we are having two dances. If you would like to wear the same dress then you may do so. The extra clothes and supplies are listed on a separate parchment.

Reminders are as always, to catch The Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 ¾ on September 1st, at 11 am.

Sincerely, Minerva McGonagall’


Ginny stopped reading, and looked up at Ron, who was still glaring. Next she pulled out the three extra pieces of parchment.

Opening the book list she read it quickly. She didn’t need many new books. Most of the books she could get off of Ron. However, there were two books that she needed for Family Studies and two other new books. Folding the parchment, she put it back in the envelope.

Next she opened the clothing and supplies list. Scanning it quickly told her that she needed two sets of dress robes, and a different type of cauldron. She would also need more ingredients for her potions kit. Folding the parchment with a sigh, she put it back into the envelope.

Finally her hand reached out to grab the last parchment. She opened it quickly and was about to start reading, when Ron yelled out.

“Are you ever going to get to the parchment? I mean seriously how long does it take to read four bloody pieces of paper?” Ron yelled.

“Ronald Weasley, you better stop yelling at me, or I will never finish the letters!” Ginny shouted back at her brother.

Ron shut up, and sat down irritated.

Looking down at the parchment she read.

‘Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry’

We are pleased to inform you that this year (1998), we are starting a community service hour program. This will help students get to know how it feels to work with other people, and acquire management skills. Seventh and Sixth years will be aloud to leave the Hogwarts grounds to visit Hogsmeade every weekend so they can put in more community hours. Also, hours can be completed in school. The list below tells you what you can do in and out of school.

Outside of School:

Work in Honeydukes Sweetshop as a cashier
Work at The Three Broomsticks as a waitress
Work at Dervish and Banges as a cashier
Work at Gladrags Wizardwear as a cashier or customer helper and,
Work at Zonko’s Joke Shop

Inside of School:

Helping out teachers
Help clean up the Great Hall after meals
Quidditch practice (can only receive 10 hours in total)
Tutoring students
Being a Prefect (can only receive 10 hours a year)
Being Head Boy/Head Girl (can only receive 20 hours)
School Band *

*In order to be in the school band you must take the music course.


Ginny finished reading and put the parchment aside.

“Well?” Ron asked.

“Well what? Personally I think it’s a great idea,” Ginny said standing up.

“How?” Ron whined.

“I just do. Why are you so annoying lately?” Ginny asked her brother as Hermione tried to cover a laugh.

Ron glared at both Ginny and Hermione before storming off.

“He misses Harry. He won’t be here for another two days. God forbid he actually be patient,” Hermione said also standing up.

Ginny rolled her eyes. “Would you like something to drink?”

“Sure. What do you have?” Hermione asked walking over to a cupboard to get two glasses.

Ginny opened the fridge and peered inside. “We have pumpkin juice, orange juice, cause mum knows I don’t really fancy pumpkin juice, and we have Butterbeer.”

“I’d like a Butterbeer, please,” Hermione said.

Ginny handed Hermione two Butterbeers. Hermione opened them and filled the two clear glasses with the cool drinks. Then she handed Ginny hers and took a healthy swing from her own.

“I needed that,” Hermione said smiling as Ginny giggled.

The two of them sat down at the kitchen table talking about what courses they would like to do in order to get their extra community service hours.

Hermione of course would be receiving twenty hours for being Head Girl. She hadn’t received her badge yet, but she had been told in her letter. She was very happy. Though, the two of them did wonder who the Head Boy was going to be. Hermione had her money on Harry, and Ginny had her money on Draco Malfoy.

At the mention of Draco, the two of them burst out laughing at the thought of how Draco’s face would look when he read that he had to work for other people in order to graduate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



AUTHOR'S NOTES

Many thanks to my beta reader Jen!
Also, a huge thank you to all my readers!
Please review!

~Natasha
Draco Malfoy by ronlover
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters you may recognize from the wonderful world of Harry Potter; they belong to J.K.Rowling.

~There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. (Oscar Wilde)~

*Some people were wondering why the time frame is in 1998. If you go to hplexicon, you will see that the trio graduate in 1998. So that would mean that Ginny is in her 6th year in 1998. If this confuses anybody, please tell. *

Chapter Two


Draco Malfoy



Miles away, Draco Malfoy lay on his back on his king size bed. He was just waking up. Draco actually thought he was waking up early. It was after all, only three in the afternoon, and the summer vacation was time to sleep in.

Draco Malfoy rolled gracefully off of his bed, and made his way over to his desk. There was mail on it, waiting for him to read. He dismissed half of it. But one letter caught his eyes, his Hogwarts letter.

Picking up the letter, he ripped it open. Three pieces of parchment fell out. Picking up the one that was addressed to him, he started to read.

‘Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry’ it said in bright green ink.

Mr. Draco Lucius Malfoy,

We are pleased to say that this year (1998),
Blah, Blah, Blah….

Also attached is this year’s book list, and we are pleased to say that we have two new subjects. One you must take, and will be added into your school timetable, the other is an optional. Blah, Blah, Blah….

You will also need two extra dress robes, as we are having two dances. If you would like to wear the same dress robe then you may do so. The extra clothes and supplies are listed on a separate parchment.

Reminders are as always, to catch The Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 ¾ on September 1st at 11 am.

Sincerely, Minerva McGonagall’


‘Does she really think that I would wear the same thing twice?’ Draco thought, shaking his head in disgust.

Draco dropped the letter on his table. He didn’t bother reading the rest of it. Like he had the time to do that?

Walking over to his four clawed wardrobe, he opened it in one fluid motion. Draco prided himself on his clothes. He had them all hand made, and he always got them delivered. He never went into a store. That would be a waste of time, and that would mean that he had to put up with people. He picked out a dress robe that would be suitable for his mother’s tea party. For some reason, he had been invited to the tea party.

He put the outfit on his bed, and walked to the loo. Opening the door, he stepped into the loo, and walked over to the shower. He turned the taps so just the right amount of heat was coming from the nozzle. He changed out of his clothes and left them on the floor, then stepped into the shower.

Forty minutes later Draco got out of the shower. He had stood under the nozzle, thinking about how he would have to ask his house elf to move the nozzle. He was getting too tall; his head had almost touched it.

Wrapping a white towel around his waist, he walked out into his bedroom. Before going back to his bed, he stood looking at his room. It wasn’t like most rooms you would see in the Malfoy Manor. No, it was black, but every square inch was covered with something. Mostly there were wizard pictures hanging all over the walls. There were pictures of his favourite Quidditch team, the Falcons. Also there were a few pictures of his favorite wizards and witches.

He had a four-poster bed, with silk green curtains. Right now his bed looked like a right state, but his house elf would make it for him. He had two elegant bedside tables that were stained to match his bed. He had a big window that opened up onto one of the many balconies at the Manor. Then there was his wardrobe which currently was open, as he hadn’t bothered to close it. Two comfortable chairs and a small side table surrounded his fireplace. The only other piece of furniture in his room was his desk which was very cluttered, but his house elf would have to clean it up.

Slowly he sauntered over to his bed to pick up his outfit. He dried himself off and put the black dress robe on. With that done, he fixed up his hair. Then he called for his house elf. Once again he had forgotten her name, so he just yelled.

“House elf!” he screamed.

With a pop his house elf stood in front of him, bowing.

“Stand up,” he barked at it.

“Of course, sir, Alley will always do anything for her master,” Alley said shaking.

‘That was her name!’ he thought, as Alley stood in front of him shaking.

“I need you to make my bed, clean the loo up, and my desk. Put all my mail in a neat pile. Don’t Open Anything,” he said harshly.

“Of course,” Alley said bowing once more.

Draco took pity on the creature as she turned around. His mother had told him that his house elf had a child of her own. Sighing, Draco called out to Alley, “Once you're done, you can go home to your child.”

Alley looked at him shocked before squealing with joy. “Thank you, master, thank you.”

He shrugged. ‘Whatever,’ he thought before slamming the door behind him.

~*~*~*~

His mother was waiting for him in the kitchen when he finally had gotten downstairs. He hadn’t felt like Apparating, he would ruin his hair.

Narcissa Malfoy stood beside the kitchen sink tapping her foot lightly. She looked annoyed.

‘What have I done now?’ Draco thought with a sigh.

He looked over to where his father usually sat. He wasn’t there.

“Where’s father?” Draco asked sitting down in his usually seat. A house elf came forward quickly with his breakfast before his mother answered.

“It doesn’t matter. Eat your breakfast, dear,” she said in her soft yet menacing voice. He knew she was upset that he had woken up late, again.

“I’m sorry mother for waking up late, I had a late night last night,” Draco said, before picking up his drink of orange juice. He hated pumpkin juice. The thing about staying up late wasn’t a complete lie, he had been up all night. He was trying to find a way to tell his dad that he was ready to become a death-eater and follow in his footsteps.

Narcissa sniffed. She disliked anything her husband had to do with Voldemort.

The two of them sat in silence as Draco finished his meal. Once he was done Narcissa ushered him into another room.

His mother asked him a lot of useless questions before turning to him and asking, “So are you Head Boy or not? I can assume by the lack of enthusiasm that you are not.” Narcissa said sniffing slightly.

“Oh!”

He had totally forgotten that this was when he should be receiving his Head Boy badge. But there had been no badge.

“There was no badge in the envelope, maybe they forgot,” Draco said, rising out of his seat.

‘Where are you going?” Narcissa asked.

“I’m going to look at my letter again, Mother. Don’t worry; I will be in time for tea. It starts at 6, does it not?”

His mother nodded her head, before getting up to see who was at the door.

Draco left the room, ignoring the front door, and made his way upstairs. Once he reached the fourth landing he apparated to his room which was now spotless.

Practically running to his desk, he reached for his Hogwarts letter once more. Just like he had requested, the letters were placed in a neat pile at the corner of his desk.

Tearing the envelope open he dumped its contents onto his desk. There were four pieces of parchment. He thought he had remembered there being only three.

He picked up one and unfolded it. His clothes and supplies list. He scanned it, and realized that he needed a few more things. Then he picked up another parchment, it was the original letter that he had read earlier. He opened it and read,

‘Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry’

Mr. Draco Lucius Malfoy,

We are pleased to say that this year (1998), Hogwarts will be starting a program called ‘Community Service Hours’. Every student must complete seventy hours of community service in order to graduate. Even though you are in your seventh year, you still need to complete all seventy hours. Attached is a listing of what you may do for your community hours.’


“What the hell!” He yelled to the room. Shaking his head in disbelief he re-read the first paragraph. It still said the same thing. Looking at the next paragraph, he read,

‘Also attached, is this year’s book list, and we are pleased to say that we have two new subjects. One you must take, and will be added into your school timetable, the other is an optional. The two extra courses are Family Studies, and Music. Family Studies is the must take course. However, Music is an optional.’

“What the hell was happening? He was not taking some stupid course that would defiantly not help him further on in life.” Once again he shook his head and looked at the next paragraph.

‘You will also need two extra dress robes, as we are having two dances. If you would like to wear the same robes then you may do so. The extra clothes and supplies are listed on a separate parchment.

Reminders are as always, to catch The Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 ¾ on September 1st at 11 am.

Sincerely, Minerva McGonagall’


‘Just great!’ he thought folding the parchment. ‘I have to do community hours, and it clearly says that I will not become Head Boy.’

He grabbed at the next parchment in irritation. It was a list full of job opportunities. He was about to roll his eyes when a voice in his head said, ‘Draco! Malfoys do NOT roll their eyes.’ He stopped.

Instead he read the letter.

‘Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry’

We are pleased to inform you that this year (1998), we are starting a community service hour program. This will help students get to know how it feels to work with other people, and acquire management skills. Seventh and Sixth years will be aloud to leave the Hogwarts grounds to visit Hogsmeade every weekend so they can put in more community hours. Also, hours can be completed in school. The list below tells you what you can do in and out of school.

Outside of School:

Work in Honeydukes Sweetshop as a cashier
Work at The Three Broomsticks as a waitress
Work at Dervish and Banges as a cashier
Work at Gladrags Wizardwear as a cashier or customer helper and,
Work at Zonko’s Joke Shop

Inside of School:

Helping out teachers
Help clean up the Great Hall after meals
Quidditch practice (can only receive 10 hours in total)
Tutoring students
Being a Prefect (can only receive 10 hours a year)
Being Head Boy/Head Girl (can only receive 20 hours)
School Band *

*In order to be in the school band you must take the music course.’


‘This has got to be the worst day of my life! I am not doing any of that. I’ll pay to get my way out of it. I, Draco Malfoy will never work for another person!’ Draco thought.

Though a voice suddenly spoke in his head, Isn’t that what you would be doing if you became a death-eater?’ Draco ignored the voice in his head.

Throwing the parchment down on his desk, he picked up the final parchment.

It read.

’Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,’

Mr. Draco Lucius Malfoy,

We are pleased to say that you are going to be the new Head Boy for the year 1998.

You will be responsible for a lot more work, and duties. You will also be a role model to all those who whish to someday become Head Boy.

You have not received your Head Boy badge yet, due to a difficulty with the badges. Both you and the Head Girl have received this letter so you both will know.

You are not meet on September the first in the front compartment, at 9:30am. We expect you not to be late.

As you are the Head Boy, you also get twenty hours to add to your community service hours. You are also a very bright young man, so you may also consider being a tutor. It is a wonderful way to complete your hours.

Sincerely, Minerva McGonagall


“YES!” Draco shouted happily.

‘I’m going to be Head Boy, and I also get twenty hours. At least I can show I received some hours,’ Draco thought happily.

He cleaned up his desk, and then got up to tell his mother the good news.

However, by the time he got downstairs it was 6pm. Teatime.

Sighing he made his way over to the garden. His mother always had tea in the garden, all the flowers were in bloom now, and it gave her a reason to gloat.

He walked into the garden and instead of a group of witches greeting him; he was greeted by a shriek.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



AUTHOR'S NOTES

Many thanks to my beta reader Jen!
Also, a huge thank you to all my readers!
Thanks for the reviews! =D

~Natasha
Return by ronlover
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters you may recognize from the wonderful world of Harry Potter; they belong to J.K.Rowling.

*There may be a scene in this chapter that some may not like. The first and last sentence are in bold.*

Chapter Three


Return



He walked into the garden and instead of a group of witches greeting him; he was greeted by a shriek.

A blonde girl by the name of Jackie Goldhart ran up to him and hugged him.

‘Oh god.’ He groaned.

Jackie Goldhart was a long time friend. She had been at Hogwarts in her first year, but when her parents split she went to live in the USA with her mum. She was short, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Their mothers were great friends.

“Hello,” Draco said smiling.

“Hey!” Jackie said.

The two stood in an awkward silence.

“So,” Draco said trying to start a conversation. He hadn’t seen her for over six years, what else was he supposed to say?

“I know this is quite a shock, but I’ve come back to attend my seventh year at Hogwarts,” Jackie said not looking at Draco.

“Why?” Draco asked before he could stop himself.

“Well, I wanted to see you, and my mum got a job here. So I had to come back. But maybe I shouldn’t have,” Jackie said head bowed.

‘Me and my big mouth,’ Draco thought.

“I’m glad to see you. It's just a very big shock. Why don’t we sit down and have some tea?” Draco said indicating the white chairs by the roses.

“Okay,” Jackie said softly.

The two of them sat down. They sat in silence once more until a house elf came with tea. When the house elf left the two of them both went for the same cup.

Their eyes locked, and instantly they started to laugh. It wasn’t long before the two of them were engaged in a conversation.

~*~

Narcissa peered out the library window smiling. She was glad that Jackie was back. She liked Jackie. Hopefully Draco would fall in love with her, instead of the horrible girl that he was dating now.

“Narcissa?” a voice asked behind her.

Narcissa jumped from the voice, and then slowly shut the blue lacy curtains. She turned around to look at a man.

“Come here.” The man said harshly.

Narcissa practically ran over to her husband.

Lucius Malfoy towered over his wife. He was smirking, something which scared her. When Narcissa reached him, he grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the room.

Narcissa was holding back tears of pain. She knew where Lucius was taking her. The bedroom, and she was terrified.

Lucius practically threw her in the room when they reached the bedroom.

Narcissa’s head hit the bed. She fell to the ground. Slowly she reached her arm up to her head. She could feel the gash, and the blood.

“Get up,” Lucius snarled looking at her in disgust. He then turned to lock the bedroom door, and cast a silencing charm.

She got up.

Lucius walked up to his wife and slapped her. Once again she fell to the ground. Smiling he grabbed her by the hair, and tore off her shirt. Narcissa had tears running down her face, as her husband tore off her dress pants. Grabbing her bra he ripped it off, causing streaks of blood to appear on her breasts.

“Where’s Draco?” Lucius whispered into her ears,

“Outside, in the garden,” Narcissa said quietly.

Lucius smiled, and then pulled down his pants, boxers and all.

Narcissa shuddered, before kneeling down to do as he whished.

~*~

“I wonder where mother is?” Draco asked as he and Jackie walked back into the house.

The two of them had been searching for her, for almost an hour. It wasn’t normal for his mother not to be in the library, pretending she wasn't spying. However, when they had reached the library she had not been there. So both Draco and Jackie went to search for her.

Finally the two of them headed back to the kitchen. Maybe she was there waiting for them.

When they reached the kitchen however, Lucius Malfoy greeted them with a smile.

“Hello,” Lucius said smirking slightly.

“Hello Mr. Malfoy,” Jackie said cautiously. She had never liked him.

“Hello father,” Draco said. “Have you seen mother?”

Just then Narcissa entered the room, her face plastered with a fake smile. There was no evidence of what had conspired earlier on her body.

“I’m right here Draco. Did you need something?” Narcissa asked her son.

“No, I was just wondering where you were,” Draco said eyes his mother, looking for something that may be wrong.

As far as he could tell, there was nothing wrong with her. The Malfoys’ were very good at hiding their emotions.

Draco sighed and sat down. Jackie sat down beside him.

Narcissa smiled at this. She really hoped that the two of them would go out.

“What brings you back to England, Jackie?” Lucius asked.

“My mother has a new job here, Mr. Malfoy,” Jackie trying not to look at him.

“What is the job?” Lucius asked, looking right at her.

Jackie started to shift uncomfortably in her chair.

Draco noticed this and said, “Jackie’s mother is going to be the editor of the Daily Prophet.”

“How interesting, Draco. But I do believe that I asked Jackie that question,” Lucius snarled at his son.

“Sorry father. I couldn’t help it,” Draco said softly.

“Well next time try to keep your mouth shut,” Lucius snarled once more, before getting out of his chair at the end of the table.

The table was really long. It was not a normal table one would usually find in a kitchen. However, when Lucius had his business meetings, the table came in handy. The table was made from one of the most expensive woods there was. Carved on each leg was a serpent, and in the middle of the table, instead of there being a bouquet of flowers there was a statue of Medusa. The snakes in her hair were real, so the moved when someone came near.

“Where are you going, Lucius?” Narcissa asked her husband quietly.

“To my study. No one is to bother me, unless I call on him or her. Is that clear?” Lucius asked the room.

There were three-muttered yeses before he left with a swish of his black cloak.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



AUTHOR'S NOTES

Many thanks to my beta reader Jen!
Also, a huge thank you to all my readers!
Thanks for the reviews! =D

~Natasha
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=2795