Beloved of Mine by Lillian
Summary: Takes place in the future where Draco and Ginny are married and have a small family. Draco's overprotective and Ginny has one hell of a job to deal with. When Ginny gets hurt on one of her missions, Draco's seeks revenge.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance, Action
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 806 Read: 2980 Published: Jun 02, 2004 Updated: Jun 02, 2004

1. Prologue: Time for Work by Lillian

Prologue: Time for Work by Lillian
"You'll be leaving me again I see," a cold voice echoed against the finely decorated walls.

The woman ignored him as she draped her emerald green robes over her bare shoulders. Her curly auburn hair was held up in a delicate styled bun, and her pale aristocratic features held no expression. A blank, beautifully painted face was what the other occupant in the room saw, and he was mesmerized. He ran his tanned fingers through his cropped blonde hair, silvery grey eyes looking a tad bit regretful as he continued to look at her velvet clothed back.

She didn't seem to be affected by the glorious male specimen lying idly on the richly furnished bed, with only a light bed sheet shrouding his lower anatomy.

"You know I must," she said in response to his statement. She stared at her reflection through the gilded edge mirror. In the background, she caught sight of the man get up and walk towards her, his movements proud and unashamed as he left the bed sheet behind. Inwardly, she smiled.

"I'll miss you Ginny." His hot breath tickled her as he lightly placed butterfly kisses against the side of her neck. His strong, sinewy arms wrapped around her waist as he brushed his warm hands against her bare stomach.

She backed away from his embrace and continued to get dressed. She slipped on her black, knee length skirt, and buttoned up the top portion of her robe. He stood an inch away from her, tempted to drag her back to bed.

"Don't you dare Draco," she said, as if reading his mind. "You're making me late."

"When will you return?" he questioned, backing away from her and sat regally on a nearby chair.

"If I return," she replied sarcastically. She took note of his gloomy expression and lightened up. "In a week or two if things go as planned," she sighed, already dreading the future.

He nodded, his handsome face still looking melancholy.

"I better head off now," she said hesitantly as she wringed the strap of her purse nervously. She always got edgy when she left Draco. She'd imagine Draco trying to stop her with force from leaving. "Tell the children Mommy loves them, and that I'll see them again very soon."

"Of course Gin," he said. He got up and gently brushed his lips on her forehead.

"Take care Ginny, and make sure that partner of yours doesn't try anything funny." He wrinkled his nose in great distaste.

"I'll hurt him severely if he even thinks about it," she reassured.

"Good," he grumbled, "make sure that you do."

He kissed her lightly on the lips, then turned around and headed towards his closet.

She smiled briefly at his backside, which gave her a nice view of his ass, and disapparated away to an undisclosed location.

Draco made sure she left before putting on a pair of boxers and Muggle blue jeans. His eyes roamed the huge fireplace and whispered quietly to it. Flames suddenly came to life, and a bald, bulky man came into view.

“She left,” was all Draco had to say, before the young man on the other end nodded and left. The flames died down slowly, and Draco let out a worried sigh. He trusted his wife, but when her life was on the line... He just couldn’t imagine living life without her. His only security was having a bodyguard secretly watch over her.


* * * *


Ginny Malfoy apparated to the gates of her large estate. Checking out her Muggle wristwatch, she began to count to ten very slowly.

"8...9...10..."

A tall, broad shouldered young man with a shaved head appeared before her as soon as she said ten. He eyed her curiously, while she glared. "So he sent you again, did he?"

He nodded, waiting patiently for her orders. "Since you were smart enough not to follow me back to headquarters, I'll let my husband pay you still; just as long as you keep up with this charade and pretend to watch over me. Got it?" Ginny said.

The bodyguard saluted her. "Yes Mrs. Malfoy. I understand perfectly clear."

"Good." She placed 5 Galleons onto the palm of his hand. "When you report back to my husband, make sure you tell him nothing out of the ordinary happened."

He eyed the Galleons in his hands greedily, and then stuffed it quickly into his black pocket. "It's great doing business with the Malfoys. You both pay very generously."

"I should hope so," was her bitter response, as she apparated to her work. Men like her supposed bodyguard made her sick. If they had her job, they'd never survive on the first day.


A/N: I hope you enjoyed. Please review!
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=281