Weasel in a Box by Winter Fleur
Summary: When Draco catches Ginny sneaking about for reasons unknown, a spot of blackmail ensues. Little does he know, that act could spiral into something much darker...

Permanent Disclaimer: I AM NOT JKR!
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Action, Romance, Smut
Warnings: Slash
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 792 Read: 2846 Published: Jun 28, 2005 Updated: Jun 28, 2005

1. Memories and Fears by Winter Fleur

Memories and Fears by Winter Fleur
a/n: Hey all, this is my first story on this great site, so be gentle (although if you feel the need to tell me something constructive, feel free!!!) Sorry it's so short, but meh, what about it.

Hmm, yes, and this story shall eventually contain a certain amount of, ahem, smut, so people, you've been warned!

Happy reading!
***************************************************


“Ginny!” Ron yelled up the stairs to the girl’s dorm. He tapped his foot impatiently, changing his grip on the railing every few seconds. “Gin, I need to ask you something!”

“What is it, brother dear?” A voice called. A mass of shining deep red hair appeared in the archway, its owner clutching a book in her hand.

“Have you seen Hermione?” Seeing his sister’s raised brows and knowing smirk, Ron’s ears turned pink and he absolved hastily, “We were just going down to the ―she wanted to tell me ―er, we need to… study?”

Ginny grinned, smoky gray eyes twinkling with amusement. “Or you’re just going for a quick snog in the prefect’s bathroom.”

After a few more seconds of watching her brother squirm awkwardly, Ginny laughed, “I think she had all her stuff moved to the Head Girl’s dorm. She should be back in a few minutes, if you want to wait. There, now you guys can snog all you want, since she has her own room, and there won’t be any nasty Filch or prying little first years to come interrupt you―”

“Ginny!” Ron said, a mortified expression forming on his face and his ears turning bright red. His baby sister was not supposed to know these things!

“Sorry brother dear,” she laughed. “Just thought you might want to know.” Still grinning, Ginny turned around and made her way back to her dorm room. How Ron could be so naïve as to think that his sixteen-year old sister did not know what snogging was, much less not had a proper kiss, was beyond her. Well, let her take that back; she didn’t mind Ron’s clearly male stupidity, so long as he didn’t morph into over-protective big brother mode―

“Ginny! How do you know― have you―” she could just imagine the look of comprehension dawning on her brother’s face before he roared, “Who was it? I want to know, right now, right here, and that bloody git will pay for touching my baby sister―”

Ginny decided right now would be a very good time for a broom ride.

A long one.



Curtains pulled shut to hide her from unwanted eyes, Ginny sat huddled in the middle of her bed, shaking. The shadowy moonless night encircled her, the sounds of her roommates barely penetrating the eerie darkness. But it wasn’t the darkness she was afraid of, oh no― it was him.

He was back.

She had thought he was gone, and over time and much determination, she had forgotten everything, until now.

A drop of fear sweat glided down the side of her face as a torrent of memories surged over the barriers she had made a long time ago, drowning her.

The trust, the smell of aging parchment, the relief. I understand you, he had said, and she had believed.
Waking up with bloody hands, the fear, the betrayal. She had tried to get rid of him.

The doubt, clouding her and making her believe that she might have been wrong about him. She had been so gullible, so easy to manipulate.

The cold hard stone of the Chamber, the ghostly brushes of his fingers on her thigh. The icy laughter as she faded away, knowing what would happen when she woke up. The touches were promises, chilling reminders… and he would keep his promise. He was back, and he was coming for her.

Cold fear-sweat dampening her neck, Ginny rocked back and forth on her mattress with her eyes squeezed shut. Two glassy trails ran down her cheeks, the drops gathering on her chin and threatening to fall onto the covers.

The tears.

***************************************************

Hello! *whew* Microsoft Word is really a pain in my bum, and if anything on this page is screwy, it will be taking a quick trip to my trash can.

Mmm, so, tell me what you think! I am currently trying to improve on my variety of sentence structure, so I would really appreciate it if you tell me how I did.

And no, I won't be rolling on the ground, begging for reviews (though if you want me too...) Meh.

Toodles till next time!
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=3020