The Birthday Present by Dracos_Gurl
Summary: What happens when Draco and Ginny meet at Diagon Alley and he reveals a secret to her? Read and find out.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1416 Read: 2518 Published: Jun 30, 2005 Updated: Jun 30, 2005

1. Diagon Alley by Dracos_Gurl

Diagon Alley by Dracos_Gurl
Disclaimer: If I was J.K Rowling I would not be writing fanfics. K? I would be at home finishing the 7th book to make all of my fans happy. Plus I wouldn't have to have a disclaimer because it would be mine. So all props go to her, not to me. The plot is mine but that’s all that is.

(A.N) This is my first fanfic on this site, so please read and review. Any review is welcome. Thanks.

Pacing in his room, a young man was thinking about the next day. The next day was his birthday and he would be of age, (17). He wondered if anyone would remember. His mother and father hardly remembered anything anymore if it didn't have to do with work or Clarissa, his little sister. They hadn't even taken him to Diagon Alley to get his supplies for his last year at Hogwarts, which started in a week. His "friends" wouldn't remember, they probably didn't even know when his birthday was. It didn't matter anyway; he only wanted one thing for his birthday, one thing that could never be his.

He remembered the first time he ever saw Ginevra Molly Weasley. He had gone into Flourish and Blotts with his father to get his books. He had just made a smart remark to Potter when she walked up to them. He lost his breath. Even though she was only 11 years old, he could already tell that she was going to be gorgeous when she got older. She started defending Harry, and glaring at him fiercely. He could see the fire in her spirit, and that just drew him in even more. He got so that he would look for her in the hallways just to get a glimpse of her.

Just about that time Draco heard a knock on his chamber door, drawing him out of his memories. "Nobody's home," he replied sarcastically, but the bedroom door burst open anyway. 'Perfect', he thought to himself, 'just what I need right now. My mother.'

"Draco darling, we're going to take Clarissa to her party now. Here's some money for your school supplies. Bye." She thrust the money into his hands and closed the door with a gentle bang.

"Nobody remembers me. It's always the same thing. 'Here's some money now go away.' I'm so sick of it. Oh well, at least now I can buy my school supplies before next week." He disapperated and appeared at the Leaky Cauldron and walked out back to the alley. But he wasn't the only one there. As he walked out his breath caught, and he blanched. There she was. The girl of his dreams. Right in front of him.


Ginny turned around when she heard the door open. "Draco, what are you doing here?" Her voice sounded oddly high, even to herself. God he was hot! She tried to calm her heart down but she knew it was no use. This happened every time she was anywhere near him.

She remembered the first time she started getting feelings for the ferret himself. It was during her third year at the World Cup in the woods after the attack. He looked so calm and cute in the midst of the chaos. She didn't care if he was rude and arrogant, she knew there was something more to him then the other people saw.

"What are you doing here?" She was getting annoyed. He was just standing there staring at her. He finally composed himself enough to speak.

"Why do you think I'm here? I came to get school supplies and a birthday present." Whoops! He hadn't meant for that last part to slip out. Ginny didn't need to know about his family problems.

"Who are you getting a present for? A member of your family, or one of your minions that you call friends?" Ginny stared at him intently waiting for him to answer and seeing if he would lie or tell her the truth.

"I'm getting a present for myself. Tomorrow is my birthday." Shit! He had meant to lie and tell her that it was for his cousin or something. Why couldn't he lie in front of her, or keep his fat mouth closed.

"You buy yourself birthday presents? That's kind of weird." Ginny looked at him like he was crazy and turned around again trying to figure out which brick to tap. Draco walked forward to help her.

"It's this one," he said as he leaned over her shoulder and tapped the right brick with his wand. Just that light contact with each other made both of their hearts skip a beat, though they would never admit it to anyone. The archway opened up and they stepped though into Diagon Alley. Draco decided to continue the conversation; he couldn't bear to see her walk away yet. "Yeah, well when everybody in your family forgets that it’s your birthday, the only present you get is from yourself..." Ginny interrupted him.

"Nobody in your family remembers that it's your birthday? Draco, that's really sad." Ginny was concerned about him, even he could tell that. Why was she so concerned about him? She shouldn't care less about him. This couldn't mean what he hoped it could. Could it?

"Yeah. Nobody remembers anything anymore unless it has something to do with Clarissa or work. Clarissa is my younger sister," he explained seeing Ginny's blank stare at the name.

"Your friends don't get you anything? Nothing?" Ginny was really concerned for him. Not to get presents on your birthday is bad enough, but for no one to remember your birthday is even worse.

"My "friends" as you call them, don't even know when my birthday is. They don't know a damn thing about me. You probably know more about me then they do."

"No I don't. All I know is that your 17, you’re in Slytherin at Hogwarts in your 7th year, your parents names are Lucius and Narcissia, you have a little sister named Clarissa, you're filthy rich, and you hate all Gryfindors and muggle borns."

"I don't hate muggle borns. If I did then I wouldn't talk to some of the people I do, would I? And if I hated Gryffindors I wouldn't be talking to you, would I?"

"I guess not."

"See though. You know more about me then my 'friends' do. All they know is my name and that I'm filthy rich. That's all they care about." He decided then and there to make a very daring move. "It wouldn't matter anyway. There is only one thing I want for my birthday and no one can give it to me."

"What's that, Draco?"

He took a deep breath, "You."
Ginny looked so surprised that it was almost funny.

"What do you mean, Draco? You want ME for your birthday?"

"Yes. I love you Ginny Weasley. I always have, please be my girlfriend." He fell down on one knee and begged her. Looking up at her with hopeful eyes.

Harry and Ron were walking around Diagon Alley looking for Ginny, but all of a sudden the crowd wasn't moving. They shoved their way to the front of the crowd. They both had the same shocked looks on their faces. They couldn't believe what they saw.

Ginny looked down at Draco and he was looking up at her. "Please Ginny. Make me the happiest boy in school. Be my girlfriend."

"I...um...err...I....." She took a deep breath, "I...ok. I'll be your girlfriend Draco." He jumped up and kissed her hard on the mouth as the crowd around them burst into applause. Ron and Harry came forward.

"DID YOU JUST SAY THAT YOU AND DRACO WERE DATING? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! HOW COULD YOU DATE THAT STUPID, EVIL, SLYTHE....." Ginny stopped her brother from continuing his rant.

"Yes Ron. We're dating now. So get used to it." They kissed again and Ron and Harry stood there speechless.

Eventually they got used to the idea of him and Ginny dating and accepted him as their friend.


(A.N) So whatcha think about it. Please review. All reviews good or bad are appreciated greatly.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=3045