Having His Cake and Eating it Too by Echo
Past Featured StorySummary: Draco gets something good for his birthday.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2355 Read: 5016 Published: Jul 26, 2005 Updated: Jul 26, 2005

1. wonder by Echo

wonder by Echo
AN: A birthday present filled with Draco-y goodness for Mynuet. Yes, came out of hiatus for a birthday fic. Had fun writing it too.

*~*~*

Blaise smirked at him.

Draco ground his teeth. His mother had really gone too far this time. Far too far. There was no card, but who else but a Malfoy would send him a cake almost as big as he was for his birthday? Honestly, his mother was too much. Draco was really going to have to owl Snape and tell him to check on the woman. She needed a new hobby. Or something.

Blaise was snickering now.

"Shut the hell up."

"I love your mother."

Draco looked at him in shock.

"Not like that, you twat." Blaise rolled his eyes. "Only she would send you a cake as big as your ego."

Draco scowled though he had just been having the same thoughts.

"I'll just leave you alone with it."

"You don't want any?"

"Not right now. What? You going to eat it all if I don't have some now?"

Draco scowled again. Blaise just cackled like a hyena and took off for his portion of their flat. Draco moved in to get a closer look at the cake. It was iced in pale green with darker green trimmings. He leaned in and smiled at the green snake designs made in icing. Very artistic for cake... for something he planned on eating.

Then it moved.

Draco jumped back. The cake had moved a bit. He was sure of it. Draco stared at it for a long time wondering if he was going just as mad as his father had in Azkaban. He was about to sign himself up for St. Mungo's when the damn thing twitched... or teetered. Take your pick. He shouted in alarm, jumped back further, and whipped his wand out. He was irritated that his hand shook for a moment. Draco steeled himself though. He was an Auror now. No silly moving cake was going to get the better of him. No sir.

He was trying to decide what to do when the cake started trembling. Draco's eyes widened. He began backing away slowly, his wand still aimed at the obviously possessed dessert. Suddenly, the dratted thing exploded, showering the room and his person in cake. Draco screamed... and not in a very manly manner either.

"What the..." Blaise had come rushing back into the room due to the screaming, wand at the ready. He skidded to a stop. He was frozen for like a nanosecond, then he began great guffaws of uncontrollable laughter. He laughed himself right down onto the cake-splattered floor.

Draco glared at him.

That just made Blaise laugh harder because it afforded him a better view of Draco. Practically Draco's whole left side was pelted with cake. It was even in his blonde hair. There looked to be quite a bit of green icing in his ear also. Blaise cackled.

A third person coughed.

That's when both men noticed something, or someone, had been inside the cake. It appeared to be wearing lots of red hair and not much else.

"I'll kill them." It hissed with much venom in its tone.

Draco's brow furrowed. He knew that voice. "Hello?"

Her, he knew it was a her, head shot up. Draco's suspicions were confirmed. He'd received a naked-Ginny-Weasley-filled cake for his birthday this year. Suddenly being pelted with cake was less important than it had been a moment ago.

Draco looked at Blaise. "Thanks for rushing to my aid, Zabini. You can go now. I'll handle this."

Blaise didn't move.

"Get out."

"But I thought you weren't going to eat it all."

"Changed my mind. I'm eating the whole damn thing."

"But-"

"Leave! Now!"

"Selfish bastard." Blaise muttered as he sulked his way back to his room.

"And don't you forget it." Draco said evenly before turning around to face the occupant of the cake.

She was wearing little green knickers... and not much else save the mass of red hair on her head. Her arms were folded over her ample chest in an effort to cover herself... with poor results.

"Dare I ask?"

Ginny glared at him. "Fred and George! They are so dead!"

Draco chuckled. If she didn't watch how much anger she was shaking in, she shake herself right out of the semi-cover of her arms. Draco imagined he was about one of the last blokes she'd want to flash her bosoms at, though he was enjoying what he had seen so far. He walked over to the sofa and grabbed the throw off of it. He shied his head away and held the throw up, so she could step to it and wrap it around her almost-nude body.

Ginny took the throw gratefully and wrapped it about herself. Draco then helped her to step off the platform the cake had been on.

"You should have hexed those two into oblivion long ago, Weasley. I know you're skilled enough with that wand of yours to do some serious damage."

"Hexed? Come on. You know they should have been drowned at birth, Malfoy."

"Well, having them about certainly makes for few dull moments as your Auroring partner."

"I know." She said forlornly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't think on it, Weasley. You know how I hate to be bored." He said as they both took seats on the sofa. Draco should have been worried about the cake and icing, but he'd just do a cleaning charm after a bit.

"The sofa-"

"Cleaning charms."

Ginny then sagged back against the piece of furniture. "What day is it?"

"Day?" Draco leaned towards her. "How long were you in there?"

Ginny reached up and grabbed a large bit of cake from his shoulder. "I'm really hungry."

He batted the cake out of her hand before she could put it in her mouth. "Bloody hell! Don't eat that!"

"Uh! Draco!"

"Your soddin' brothers made that cake. Who knows what's in it. Might not even BE cake."

"Good point." She chewed on her bottom lip. "You got any food?"

"How long did they have you in there?"

"What day is it?"

"Friday."

"So Tuesday to Friday is-"

"Three days!" Draco jumped to his feet, dislodging some maybe-cake from his arm in the process. He fumbled a bit with his voluminous Snape-like robes, but managed to get his wand out finally.

"What on earth are you doing?"

"Three days! They've gone too far this time! I'm hexing those jokesters once and for all!"

"Draco, no!" She jumped up, forgetting her covering. She was standing there in only her knickers.

Draco couldn't help staring. She really did hide a rather nice set of breasts under her robes. "Oh, I say."

She made a squealing noise and snatched the throw off of the floor. When she straightened, her visible skin was flushing with color.

"You're rather lovely with no clothes on."

Ginny rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious. You're a bit of a goddess wearing just knickers and red hair. How come I never noticed this before?"

"Self-involvement?" She quipped.

"Oh ha ha." Draco's brows furrowed. "I'm not joking, Weasley. You're beautiful. Prettier than me even."

"Draco-"

"And she calls me by my first name."

Ginny blushed and shifted nervously from foot to foot. "Stop."

"Why? Does it bother you?"

She sighed loudly.

He tried the name thing. "Ginny?"

"No. It most definitely does not bother me, and that's precisely why you should stop."

An explosion of ideas and theories went off in Draco's brain. Perhaps there was method to this madness. He decided to see if it tracked. Draco took her arm and steered her back to sitting on his sofa.

"I've just been thinking."

She looked at him in alarm.

"Why on earth would your brothers randomly truss you up in a cake naked? For me, of all people. Unless..."

"Unless?" She looked very nervous.

Draco leaned in close to her. "You fancy me."

"What rubbish!" But there was very little fire behind her denial.

"Is it?" He leaned closer. "I suspect you wish to be more than partners at work. I suspect your brothers guessed as much and wished to force your hand. And mine."

"Were you dropped on your head as a child?"

"Certainly not. Though I did suspect I had gone a bit mad when the cake started moving earlier."

"Draco-"

He placed two fingers on her lips. "Shhh. You've never run from anything a day in your life. Don't start now."

She batted his hand away from her mouth. "Run?"

"Yes." He scooted impossibly close to her and loomed over her face. "Don't even attempt to run from this, Ginevra Weasley. I will so chase you. I think I'd hunt you even."

"This?" She asked in a near-breathless whisper. "This what?"

"This this." He whispered, not a hairsbreadth from her mouth, then settled his lips on hers.

"Oooo, this makes my silver flask with your initials engraved on it look rather shoddy as a birthday present."

Draco and Ginny parted to see Blaise standing there staring.

"I thought I told you to leave." Draco snarled.

Blaise tried to look innocent and failed miserably. "I was thirsty."

"You were having voyeuristic cravings." Draco said in an admonishing tone. "Now, bugger off, and leave me to the unwrapping of the present the Weasley twins so graciously bestowed upon me."

"Sure you don't want to share?"

"Best friend or not, I will hex you."

Blaise stomped his foot then stormed back into his room, slamming the door.

"He's so high maintenance and chock full of temper tantrums. Really must find some dominatrix to beat the hell out of him regularly, so he'll act normal."

Ginny giggled. Then she sobered. "This is a bad idea, you know."

"Blaise and the dominatrix? Actually, I think it's one of my better ideas."

"Not that."

"What is then?"

"You and I."

"Oh. Well, of course it is. Terrible idea. One of the worst. Going through with it anyhow though."

"Draco-"

He placed his fingers on her lips again and raised an eyebrow. "And I don't care."

"But-"

"You like me. Honestly. That's rare, and I'll be damned if I let it pass just because it's not the best idea in the world."

"This will complicate things considerably, Draco."

"That's part of the fun. Don't you know some things are best when complicated?"

"My family-"

"Doesn't like me. I know. That's because they don't know me as you do."

"That might not help. I'm not even sure I like you."

"But you want me."

"Undoubtedly."

"They I shall endeavor to make you like me."

"Why?"

"Because I have the feeling you're quite worth it."

She grinned. "Ok, the you making me like you more thing is beginning to work."

"Excellent."

"Ron and Harry will be upset about this."

"Even better."

"And Hermione won't-"

"Best part of that end of it."

"Draco-"

"Oh don't expect me to be nice to Scarhead and his friend the gorilla or the mud-" He cut himself off abruptly at the look on Ginny's face. "Er, Granger just because I fancy you, and I don't think you should expect the golden trio to be nice to me either. I'll be civil, mind you, out of respect for you, but that's it."

Her pleased grin returned.

"What?" He asked.

"I didn't expect to get presents on your birthday."

"Surprises all 'round then. Excellent. Do you like presents as much as I do?"

"I would think being the Malfoy heir you'd gotten enough presents growing up for the wonder to have worn off by now."

"If the right person is giving you presents... or if they are the right presents... the wonder never wears off." His smirk turned hot and hooded. "Now, I'd like to do a bit of unwrapping."

"Could... could we perhaps..." She chewed her bottom lip. "Take it a little slower? Could there be no unwrapping just yet?"

He smiled. Patience was one trait he had acquired since his days at Hogwarts. "As the lady wishes because I know in my heart she is worth the wait."

"There's no need to turn the seduction on so hard, Draco. I have every intention of having sex with you. Eventually. Just not today."

"Good to know."

"I would, but I don't want to rush in, you know. It's new. I thought we could just... be a bit. Plus, I'm still hungry. Been in a cake for three days, you know."

"Right." Draco got up.

"Where are you going?"

"The goddess needs food. I'll just round some up for you." He smirked and practically skipped into the kitchen.

He liked this. They still felt like the friends they had become, and there would be sex eventually. He got to care for her as she would care for him... because he knew Weasley was about equality. She always made sure they did equal work. Neither one of them carried the bulk of the load. He'd always liked that about her. Now he got to like that about her in a personal relationship. Since she had been assigned to him as an Auroring partner, he'd never noticed, but he had subconsciously compared every girl he had met or dated to Weasley until he had gotten 'bored' with dating and stopped it all together. Because he could never find the right one. Because his fool head had not been looking in the place he should have been. Well, eyes fully in that direction now. Best birthday present ever, was his thinking.

But bloody hell. This meant he owed the Weasley twins.

*~*~*

end
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=3178