Watching and Knowing by MiSs_AiR_HeAd
Summary: Draco watches Ginny.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Horror, Angst, Drama
Warnings: Blood, Sexual Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 923 Read: 2796 Published: Aug 06, 2005 Updated: Aug 06, 2005

1. Watching and Knowing by MiSs_AiR_HeAd

Watching and Knowing by MiSs_AiR_HeAd
Watching and Knowing

She looked gorgeous when she was drenched in the rain. Her clothes would stick to her flawless body and her hair would drip with water and fall in thick strands. Her face would look pale and even though the rain was freezing, she looked warm. It was all he could do to stop himself from pulling her into his embrace.

She hated him anyway. So he couldn’t hold her, no matter how much he wanted to.

But sometimes he would catch her staring at him, or she would catch him. He would smile a little smile at her, never breaking eye contact. She wouldn’t return the smile; she would just look away, like it was a sin to be staring at him.

Everyone knew how she felt about him, everyone saw the way she looked at him, and everyone could feel the tension build whenever they were in the same room. But they wouldn’t say a word to her. She had changed drastically over the years, and instead of being the fun loving girl she used to be, she had turned dark.

No, not in that way. She would just wear her make-up thick, and wear black all the time, even on hot summer day. She didn’t talk to anybody; she just spent her days outside by the lake writing in her journal. Everybody wondered what was in that infamous journal everyone had seen her writing in. Maybe some dark poetry.

He would see her walking around in the rain late at night, or on rainy days. She wouldn’t come in until the raining had stopped, and even when she did, she’d stay in her wet clothes, not even shivering. Nobody told her that she should change, not even her best friends or family. She didn’t talk to anybody, not since him.

He had taken her heart, made her happy, and then when he got bored of her, he had broken it in a million pieces. After that, she broke off all connections, locked herself in her room and came out as a completely different person. At first, people had asked if she was all right, but she would brush them off, saying that she was fine. But he saw her cry, he saw her bleed, but he didn’t say a word.

Her eyes harden whenever she sees him. Her body stiffens whenever somebody walks by her, thinking it’s him. Her skin pales whenever she hears his name, thinking he’s back to take her. The tears come to her eyes when she see couples kissing and having a good time while she’s stuck with the never ending fear of him hiding in the shadows, just waiting to take her again.

It’s when she thinks she’s alone when he’s really there, watching her, making sure she’s all right. He never comes out to the light, not wanting to scare her. But he’ll have to come to her presence when he sees her about to hurt herself. He knows he can’t hide forever.

It’s when he thinks that she can’t get any worse, he hears her call out his name, calls him back to her. He wants to come out of shadows and sooth her. He wants wipe her tears away. He wants to be there for her. But he can’t…not yet.

Day after day after day he watches her as she slowly falls deeper and deeper. He listens to her cry, he listens to her cry out his name, and he listens to the little whimpers she makes as she digs the blade deeper and deeper into her skin. He watches her walking in the rain, he watches her cry, and he watches her bleed without making a single movement to stop her.

He knows he should. He knows he should help her. He knows with help, she may get better. He knows that she might die soon. But he knows she’ll finally be out of all her pain, and he knows that she’ll finally be happy.

So he doesn’t help her. He just watches her every night just to make sure he doesn’t hurt her anymore. He watches her out in the rain just to make sure nobody tries to take her, she’s all ready been hurt enough by their leader.

He swears that once he is old enough, he will kill the man that did this to her. He swears that he will go through all the pain she did. Even if he will go to Azkaban, it will be for the girl he loved.

But he knows that he will always haunt her, dead or alive. He knows that she’ll always be afraid. He knows that nothing is going to crash the walls she has built up. This makes him even angrier.

The hand of Draco Malfoy will kill Voldemort. Draco Malfoy will kill him because of all the pain he caused the young Ginevra Weasley.

Draco Malfoy swears it.

~(*Author's Note: Okay I know Draco will not be the one to kill Voldemort because we all know it has to be Harry to kill Voldemort, but Draco doesn't know that. This is an EMOTIONAL promise!!! Okay, now review please!*)~
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=3279