Weasleys and Malfoys by xNymphadoraX
Summary: Ficlet in which Ginny wonders when Draco will cease to call her "Weasley."
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 490 Read: 2484 Published: Nov 29, 2005 Updated: Nov 29, 2005

1. Weasleys and Malfoys by xNymphadoraX

Weasleys and Malfoys by xNymphadoraX
Author's Notes: This is something I've had on my computer for a while and although it may one day become part of a series, I thought it was just too sweet to go unshared with the D/G community until I come up with one.



They sat on a blanket of silk beneath a large oak tree. He had insisted upon bringing an extravagant fabric on which to sit and she knew better than to fight with him. She brought a picnic basket full of his favorite foods and after they had eaten, she sat between his legs, safely nestled in his arms as he leaned on the oak behind them.

“I love you, Draco.”

“Love you more, Weasley,” he whispered into her ear, a tenderness lingering in his raspy voice.

“Everything’s a contest with you, isn’t it?”

“Not really. I am merely stating a fact. I fear, even I cannot begin to comprehend, much less express, the amount of affection I feel for you. I am, therefore, quite certain that my love for you has plateaued beyond the level of your love for me. After all, you’re a much easier person to love than I am.”

“Well, you are an insufferably arrogant prat.”

“And you love me, Weasley.”

“That I do.” She was silent for a while before thoughtfully asking, “When are you gonna stop calling me Weasley?”

“When I make you a Malfoy,” he said matter-of-factly.

Her eyes widened in astonished bewilderment and she turned to look him in the eye. “Wha- what?”

“Close your mouth Weasley, I’m only proposing. I’m sure you knew this was coming.”

“I- Well, I hardly- I didn’t expect-”

Shaking his head, Draco reached into the breast pocket of his jacket and removed a small, velvety black box. “Open it.” She took it from him and cautiously opened it. Once the box was open, a tiny fairy flew out and hovered before Ginny’s eyes. She seemed to smile as she fluttered before her with delicate pink wings and turquoise curls perfectly piled upon her head. “Well, Ginevra Molly Weasley? Are you willing to stand by my side for eternity? Support me in all endeavors? Be the only woman I turn to? Are you ready to be Mrs. Draco Malfoy?”

“Yes, Draco.” She said smiling. Suddenly, as if on cue, the fairy descended upon Ginny’s ring finger and slowly lay down. In a burst of twinkles and light, a dazzling silver ring appeared on Ginny’s finger, adorned with a solitary green emerald surrounded by tiny white diamonds. She smiled giddily at it. “Couldn’t resist the urge to mark me, could you, Draco? He smiled devilishly and she turned and straddled his lap. “Do you know how happy you’ve made me?” She laid her head on his shoulder as his arms came around in a clasp behind her back.

“Possibly nearly as happy as I am."
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=3908