Grey Eyes by Cynicaldreamer
Summary: Grey eyes could betray. Ginny knew that for certain...
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 307 Read: 2313 Published: Jan 01, 2006 Updated: Jan 02, 2006

1. Chapter 1 by Cynicaldreamer

Chapter 1 by Cynicaldreamer
Grey eyes can betray. Ginny knew that for certain.

When she was laying in his arms she was so certain he was in love with her, he would never hurt her. But he did hurt her.

He stared into her brown eyes with his peircing grey eyes, and said he loved her.

Those grey eyes lied. They told her, more than his words, that he loved her.

But how can someone get himself killed if he loved her? How could he go out and fight and know death was an inevitable? How could he leave her alone if he loved her?

She didn't understand this. She couldn't understand this. She didn't want to understand this.

Ginny heard the words echoing in her head: "You were right, Ginny, he didn't betray us. He fought his father, but he lost. Ginny, I'm so sorry, but he died." Harry had said those words, Harry had saw the grief take over. She had doubled over, crying.

No, he hadn't betrayed them, he had betrayed her. Only her. He had betrayed her love.

Cradling the new born baby in her arms, she wept again. He had left her, promising with words and those grey eyes that lie, that he would be back. He would meet his son, he promised. But he never returned. She knew she shouldn't be like this, so overcome with grief. No one knew that she was his wife. They knew they were together, but never as husband and wife. She was left alone, to raise his son alone, to tell her family their secret alone. She didn't think she would do anything alone. She had had him with her for so long she was lost without him.

She stared down at her son. He had those grey eyes. He had his father's grey eyes.

The baby's name would be Draco and he'd carry on his father's last name.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=4073