Slytherin Goes a’Courtin by Vesica
Past Featured StorySummary: A series of related Valentine-themed drabbles with our two favorite lovebirds.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 850 Read: 29322 Published: Aug 16, 2006 Updated: Aug 16, 2006

1. Slytherin Goes a’Courtin by Vesica

2. Secret Messages by Vesica

3. Memories by Vesica

4. Fond Rememberance by Vesica

5. The Big Day by Vesica

6. Brave Ginny by Vesica

7. Secret Messages 2 by Vesica

Slytherin Goes a’Courtin by Vesica
Title: Slytherin Goes a’Courtin
Team: MTrans
Word Count: 100
Characters/Pairings: Draco
Challenge: Challenge #24, Valentines
Author's Note: Set in Draco's fourth year.

“Love’s stupid. It turns everyone into blithering idiots, well – more so than usual,” Draco thought sourly.

Blaise was trying to charm a rose to whisper Pansy’s name. Draco never knew roses suffered speech impediments, but this one couldn’t seem to get past “pa”.

Blaise wasn’t alone in his idiocy. The oldest boys were even worse, having spent weeks plotting ways to charm the pants right off of their lady loves. Figuratively, of course. Marcus had tried literally last year and it had taken a whole month for the bruises to fade.

“Pansy!! Not Pa!”

Draco sighed. Only one more day.

END.
Secret Messages by Vesica
Title: Secret Messages
Team: MTrans
Word Count: 100
Characters/Pairings: Draco
Challenge: Challenge #24, Valentines
Author’s Notes: One year later – obviously. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. *smirk*

Last year, Draco had thought love was stupid.

And it was. But so was he to be wasting the last of his Christmas hol trying to charm this damned valentine.

He tried one more spell and cautiously tested the result.

“Who sent you?”

The message reformed itself to read Guess….

“Potter?”

Who?

She wouldn’t ask that. Drat. “Harry?”

Nope.

The right question and a careful tap revealed the true message,

“You hexed me. You try to kill me in Quidditch. You follow sodding Potter everywhere.

And I sort of fancy you, okay?

Draco.”


But would Ginny ever try his name?

END.
Memories by Vesica
Title: Memories
Team: MTrans
Word Count: 100
Characters/Pairings: Narcissa
Challenge: Challenge #24, Valentines


“Draco?”

Narcissa stuck her head around the door. No Draco in sight. She rarely intruded in his rooms now, but she hadn’t seen him all day.

She noticed a gaudy red foil heart and couldn’t help but take a peek.

Her son’s perfect penmanship looped in lazy arcs.

“To the loveliest, fiercest girl I know,

Be Mine?

From: Guess…


Curious, Narcissa took out her wand. It didn’t take her long to discover the second message.

She smiled, remembering a hand-made, lopsided paper heart she still kept. She hoped this girl would treasure her son’s offering as she had his father’s.

END.
Fond Rememberance by Vesica
Title: Fond Rememberance
Team: MTrans
Word Count: 100
Characters/Pairings: Narcissa & Lucius
Challenge: Challenge #24, Valentines

“I think Draco fancies someone,” Narcissa mentioned casually, from behind her book.

Lucius looked up from his paper. “Really? Why?”

She smiled, the sort of smile that still sent a spark through him. “He’s been up there working on a charmed Valentine. I suppose he didn’t want to work on it in front of the boys at school.”

“A charmed Valentine? Sounds serious.” He folded his paper and moved closer to his wife, plucking the book from her hands. “You know where that got us…”

“Perhaps you could remind me…”

Lucius muttered a locking charm before answering, “Perhaps I could.”

END.
The Big Day by Vesica
Title: The Big Day
Team: MTrans
Word Count: 100
Characters/Pairings: Draco/Ginny
Challenge: Challenge #24, Valentines


Draco thought he was going to be ill.

Blaise had found the heart yesterday and kept guessing who Draco intended to give it to. So far, he seemed to have no clue.

Draco was careful not to openly stare as the Great Hall filled with owls delivering valentines.

He watched surreptitiously as the heart fluttered down to rest on Ginny’s plate.

She stared at it for a moment and as she read, her eyes widened and a flush crept up her neck.

He fought a grin as she looked, not down the Gryffindor table, but across the hall, at him.

END.
Brave Ginny by Vesica
Title: Brave Ginny
Team: MTrans
Word Count: 100
Characters/Pairings: Draco/Ginny
Challenge: Challenge #24, Valentines


Draco and Blaise were just leaving Potions, when Ginny cornered them.

“Thank you for the valentine,” she said without a trace of shyness.

Blaise raised a brow but said nothing.

Ginny dug in her bag before producing a small red heart.

“I thought I would give this to you in person.” And with that she left.

He looked down.

To the most sarcastic and justifiably vain boy I know,

Maybe.

G.


A laugh burst from Blaise and he clapped Draco on the back.

“Man, that girl has more balls than you on and off the pitch.”

Draco scowled. “Shut up.”

END.
Secret Messages 2 by Vesica
Title: Secret Messages 2
Team: MTrans
Word Count: 100
Characters/Pairings: Draco
Challenge: Challenge #24, Valentines


Draco practically ran back to his room, locking Blaise and the other fifth years out without a second thought.

He sat on his bed, staring at the paper heart. Had she replied?

Taking a deep breath, he gave it a tap with his wand and murmured “Reveal”.

Slowly, another message appeared.

You pick on my friends and brother. You look down your nose at everyone. You can be a totally irredeemable prat.

And, yeah, I sort of fancy you too.

Meet me in the gardens at 9?


Draco later learned that the entire Slytherin dorm heard his whoop of joy.

END.
~End Series~
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=4644