The Wrong Mix by Serenitey
Summary: Draco makes a mistake that he will regret for the rest of his life.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 310 Read: 2740 Published: Oct 11, 2006 Updated: Oct 12, 2006

1. Chapter 1 by Serenitey

Chapter 1 by Serenitey
A.N: Thanks to Emily for the beta.

The Wrong Mix



“Gin, please,” Draco pleaded as she bustled around their penthouse apartment, refusing to meet his eyes. “I said I was sorry.”

“Sorry!” Ginny cried, whipping around. “You think you can just say sorry and it will make everything better?”

“I know what I did was wrong, and I’m so sorry. I swear it will never happen again. Stacey-”

“Stacey?” Draco cringed noticeably as Ginny screeched his assistant’s name. “You and that slut-”

“Ginny, I know. I know. I don’t know how else I can convince--how else to show you that I-” he trailed off as Ginny stormed to the bedroom, the door slamming behind her. Draco took a deep breath, rubbing his hand over his brow before making his way to the bedroom. He watched in shock as the door suddenly swung open, Ginny striding purposely out, dumping his pillows on the couch.

As Ginny turned to walk away, Draco stepped in front of her, grasping her upper arms lightly. “Ginny, I love you.” His declaration was met with a furious glare from his wife. He ran his hands over her distended stomach tenderly, feeling his daughter’s languid kicks. “I love you,” he repeated softly, looking intently into her eyes in an attempt to convey his sincerity.

“Then why did you do it?” Ginny asked, her voice cracking as her eyes welled with tears. She pushed past him, waddling back to the bedroom. The bang of the slammed door resonated through the apartment, the space silent but for Ginny’s soft sobs.

As Draco struggled to find a comfortable position on what, he had now discovered, was a horribly uncomfortable couch, he vowed that he would never again make the mistake of thinking that Peppermint Choc-Chip was in any way a substitute for Double Choc-Chip ice-cream.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=4814