The Happy Drabbles by seegrim
Summary: Bummed out after reading DH? Need a D/G fluff infusion? Spoiler-free.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley
Compliant with: None
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 918 Read: 3457 Published: Jul 31, 2007 Updated: Jul 31, 2007
Story Notes:
I wasn't exactly thrilled with DH, but my love for the Draco/Ginny ship still sails on happily. Here's my contribution to the wonder that is the Draco and Ginny fandom. To all of us and our imagination.

1. The Happy Drabbles by seegrim

The Happy Drabbles by seegrim

Draco stood at the counter of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor waiting to purchase an ice cream for his pregnant wife. Hmm…what will it be this time, thought Draco, as he mulled over the strange and stomach-clenching combinations of flavors. Pimento and peppermint? Brussels sprouts and banana? Pepperoni and peanut butter?

Ginny sat at a table across the patio watching two enthusiastic middle-aged witches ogle Draco's backside. She couldn't help but notice the target of their appreciation was one of her favorite landmarks as well. One of the witches whispered something in her accomplice’s ear as she motioned towards Draco's posterior. The other witch collapsed into a fit of giggles and nodded her head in agreement. Ginny found it strangely amusing that Draco's appeal was trans-generational.

One of the over zealous witches was so ardent in her attentions that she failed to notice her hat being carried away on the wind. That is, until Draco gracefully moved to bend over and retrieve it.

Ginny chuckled to herself, realizing that to any female watching, the act of Draco bending over was better than Christmas, St. George’s Day, and Bonfire Night rolled into one delicious moment. The witches were thoroughly gobsmacked when the object of their interest turned around and presented the stunned witch with her hat.

"Why, thank you, young man!" the witch gushed, as her face very noticeably reddened.

"My pleasure, Madame," Draco said with twinkling eyes and a bow and turned back to the counter to order.

The chivalrous act started the witches chatting and giggling again like two teenagers.

Ginny knew exactly what those witches were thinking. A backside as fine as Draco's was just asking to be grabbed. Well, at least that's what she was thinking. She heaved her nine-month-pregnant frame up off the chair and walked over to where Draco was standing and reached out and gave his arse a squeeze.

The witches gasped in shock, staring at Ginny in surprise, and then just as quickly turned away, pretending they hadn't noticed an extremely pregnant person squeeze a man's arse in front of them in broad daylight.

Draco turned, a single platinum eyebrow raised, and said, "Pestering your house-elf again? I've got to order your ice cream and put up with your lecherous ways?”

"Unfortunately so,” Ginny said. "But apparently you've been putting on quite a show for the two salivating witches waiting in line behind you. I thought I'd let them live vicariously through me for a moment."

Draco glanced over Ginny's shoulder at the witches and winked. "And that's why you're my witch," Draco said, as he handed Ginny a pineapple and pine nut ice cream and pulled her in for a long, soft kiss.

 

***************************

The midday sun beat down on Draco's back as he pulled himself up the sheer rock face one handhold at a time. He stretched far above his head to reach a handhold that was a bit further than his reach normally would allow, and moved his foot up and into a crack as soon as his grip was assured. A bead of sweat trickled between his shoulder blades and down his back, and he felt his hands getting damp. He wriggled his hand into his chalk bag and shouted down the mountain, "Remind me why Muggles do this, Ginny."

"It's supposed to be fun, Draco. Entertainment, done for sport, that type of thing," she offered up. And it provides some serious eye candy for those of us still on the ground enjoying your backside in a harness, Ginny continued silently.

Draco neared the top of the climb and wiped the sweat off his brow with the back of his arm. "Yes, that's right-fun. I forgot," he grunted, as he sought out his next handhold, and then continued under his breath, "crazy Muggle-loving witch."

"Heard that!" called Ginny as she stood beneath him off to one side belaying him. "Go up a little bit further, clip the carabiner into the ring and I'll belay you down."

"Okay, Mistress-of-all-things-Muggle," Draco called over his shoulder. "Anything else I can do for you while I'm up here? Owl your mum, arrange for take away, work on our wedding list?"

"Alright, smartarse, clip that in and come on down," Ginny said. "Besides, our guest list is complete, and the invitations were Owled today."

Draco laughed and proceeded to do as Ginny had instructed, clipping the carabiner into the steel ring at the top of the climb before making his way back down the mountain, leaning back into his harness and pushing out with his feet against the rock face. Each time he jumped out away from the mountain he would slide down the rope several feet, continuing on until he was close to the bottom.

Ginny found herself wishing she had picked a longer climb so she'd have more time to enjoy the view while he descended. It pleased her to no end that Draco would engage in such a completely rabid Muggle past-time just because she fancied trying it.

Draco reached the bottom and turned to Ginny with a smile on his face. “Ginny, you are without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you,” he said.

“I never imagined I could be this crazy in love with anyone, but I’m so glad it’s you, Draco. I love you, too,” said Ginny.

 

Thanks for reading!

-seegrim

End Notes:
These are dedicated to my dear friend and partner in crime, FW. Thanks for the beta and the inspiration!
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=5548