The Separate by ScArLeT and SiLvEr
Summary: Ginny Weasley and Draco Malfoy have suffered thorugh the same kind of heartbreaks. Can they help each other through?
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 736 Read: 1380 Published: Jun 30, 2004 Updated: Jun 30, 2004

1. Separate by ScArLeT and SiLvEr

Separate by ScArLeT and SiLvEr
Disclaimer: I don’t own Harry Potter… [Although I wish I did… ;~; ]
Author’s Note- My first fic…Gonna be horrible and short [hopefully it’ll be longer next chapter], but w/e. ahh well… oh ya, D/G, R&R all that crap blah blah blah blah blah. Here goes:

-Separate-


“No, Elizabeth.” He spoke, steady voice wavering.
“Why not?” She sobbed at his feet, “Why Draco, why?”
“You left me here, alone. I suffered because of you, and after you promised … I can’t.”
“Please, Draco, please! I-I love you…”
Draco dropped to his feet and faced Elizabeth. “Liar.” He whispered, tears sliding silently down his pale cheeks.

~ I think I’m breaking out ~
“I do, please, I love you!” She cried.
“No you don’t.”
~ I’m gonna leave you now ~
“I do.” She whispered.
“AFTER YOU BETRAYED ME? YOU WERE WITH BLAISE, NOT ME ! DID YOU LOVE ME THEN? DID YOU SUFFER LIKE I DID?” Draco roared. He got up and headed for the door.

~ There’s nothing for me here, it’s all the same~

“Draco!” His head snapped back. “No, Elizabeth. You shouldn’t have crawled back to me.”
~And even though I know~
“I miss you, Draco… Blaise -Blaise-“ Elizabeth looked desperately into his cloudy grey eyes.
“No more lies, Elizabeth. No more lies.”

~ That everything might go ~

“But we’ve been together for a long time…You said- you said-”

~ Go downhill from here, I’m not afraid ~

“Bye, Elizabeth.”
~ Way away away from here I’ll be
Way away away so you can see ~

“Wait, Draco, I’m so sorry…”

~ How it feels to be alone~

“No.” He whispered, looking sadly at her grief stricken face.
“You don’t know how I felt. It felt like I was going to die and rot in this hellhole.
It felt like I couldn’t breathe every time I saw you.”

~And not believe…~

“I can’t trust you anymore, Elizabeth. I can’t believe anything you say anymore.”

~Anything ~

The pain wrenched into his soul. He was so separate from the world…
Breathing deep, Draco spoke the words.

“Bye, Elizabeth.”


* * *

“Dean, I left my-”

Ginny stopped abruptly. Her boyfriend, Dean, had a girl nestled in his lap. A girl that was not her.

“Oh my god.” Raven Skye, the girl, stared at Ginny.

“Dean, what the hell are you doing!!!” Ginny shrieked, yelling more of a statement than a question.

“Sorry.” Dean looked at his shoes. “Ginny, you knew our relationship wasn’t working out…” His shoes became the most interesting thing in the world.

“Our relationship wasn’t working out…Our friggin’ relationship wasn’t working out…WELL, COULDN’T YOU HAVE TOLD ME, OR BREAK UP WITH ME BEFORE SNOGGING WITH THAT WHORE?!” Ginny screamed, tears sliding down her cheeks.

“I am NOT a whore!” Raven cried indignantly, glaring at her. “C’mon, Dean. Let’s get away from her!”

Yeah, Dean, go! Go, you heartless jack-ass!” Ginny sobbed, running out of the dormitory. Faint calls echoed after her, but she paid no attention to them. She couldn’t believe that she had been happy, just a few minutes ago. Now, she felt separate from the rest of the world. Nobody felt her pain.
The harsh November wind slapped her as she ran up to her balcony in the Prefects Dormitory.
* * *

“Gin!” Dean smiled, bringing up a tray that was piled high with cakes, cookies, and sweets. He stepped out on the balcony.

Ginny gasped. “How- No, where did you get all that food?” “Fred told me before he left.”

“Aaaah. Jeez, they know everything you need to know.” She popped a custard cream into her mouth.

“Yup,” Dean agreed.

Ginny raised a cream to his mouth. “Open.” She ordered, and then put it in his mouth.
Dean did the same.

“You know, these nights are boring without you, Dean.” Ginny admitted.

Dean snorted. “Duh, Gin. Everything is boring without me.”

***
She wiped her tears away. ‘He’s just a stupid git,’ she thought angrily. But her mind wandered back to him. ‘Aaugh,’ she thought, frustrated. ‘Why can’t I stop thinking of him?’

~On these cold November nights
The hours seem to ebb away
On these cold November nights
Your face haunts my day
Cuz I know I'm never gonna be alright
Without you to spend these cold November nights
With me~
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=557