The Price by ReverseBeauty
Summary: Ginny Weasley has a secret.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger
Compliant with: Fully compliant
Era: Hogwarts-era
Genres: Drama, Mystery, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1057 Read: 4494 Published: Aug 14, 2007 Updated: Aug 14, 2007
Story Notes:
This is a one-shot. Enjoy.

1. Just One Chapter by ReverseBeauty

Just One Chapter by ReverseBeauty
Author's Notes:
Thank you to my Beta for this :D
_____


The room was very quiet save for the tiny tap that was heard every few seconds. Several students craned their necks to look over at the back of the Great Hall; eyes falling on a pale boy, a seemingly perfect boy, his quill vigorously hitting the desk he sat at. He had his feet up on the wood, looking bored as he floated his paper around his head. As if feeling someone staring at him, he lifted his cold gray eyes straight ahead, narrowing them to slits. “Can I help you?” he asked, sneering.

“Yes,” a girl hissed from in front of him. “You can be quiet.”

Draco Malfoy smirked coolly as he eyed the girl. “I can talk if I want to,” he snapped.

“You can also be an insufferable brat when you want to, too,” said Ginny Weasley angrily from two rows over.

He sniggered lightly. “It’s just homework, Weasley.”

“I know that, I don’t need someone like you pointing it out,” snapped Ginny, her brown eyes flashing with anger. She returned to her paper and finished with the time given. When she had preceded to hand it in, she watched Draco stroll past her, careful to brush the small of her back with his hand as he went.

“I needed something to keep myself awake, that was dreadful,” he explained as she came stalking out of the Great Hall. “Oh, don’t tell me you’re mad? I bet that’s the only action you’ve got since you and the Corner bloke broke it off.” He was satisfied to see her cringe at his words.

“Your filthy hands were on me…” Ginny started.

“Actually, they were on your clothing…” he said casually.

“I could feel the scum on them!” shouted Ginny, firing up at once. “The only thing you’ve ever used those hands for besides jacking off is to do an Unforgivable at the request of the Dark Lord.”

Draco stopped walking and turned quietly, his eyes wide. “You’d better take that back, Weasley, right now. Or I will show you what else these hands can do.” He leered at her, his fingers grabbing for her wrist. When he caught her, he held tightly. “I have never done an Unforgivable – could never – so you will do well to shut your mouth. I can, however, make you squirm and moan if you’d like me to.” He stepped back and stared at her, and for a moment he thought she was going to slap him; when she didn’t, he smiled.

“Ugh,” she whispered, looking revolted. “I would never let you touch me that way for all the money in the world.”

“That’s fine,” Draco sneered, leaning close. “Because you would need all the money in the world to ever make anyone want to touch you like that.” Her hand connected with his jaw the second the last word was said. He staggered back and rubbed his face.

“You’re despicable,” she growled and stormed off.

Draco smiled faintly, his cheek bruising, and knew that this wouldn’t be the last time they would meet.


Ginny slammed the portrait shut and threw her books on the floor. She let out a horrible scream that she could have buried in a pillow and not startle half of the Gryffindor’s in the common room. “You look terrible,” Hermione commented as Ginny sat down next to her. “Did your exam go badly?”

“No,” Ginny sighed, running a hand through her fiery red hair. “It went fine.”

“Then what’s the problem?” Hermione asked.

“I heard Malfoy was giving her a hard time,” said Harry as he sat down next to them.

“He’s just trying to get a rise out of you, Ginny,” Hermione said soothingly.

Ginny sat in silence for the rest of the night watching everyone in the room. As students started to depart to their dormitories, Harry emerged again, holding two mugs of tea. “I thought you might like this.” He said and handed her the cup. “I’m fine, go on,” he said to Ron who was looking a little baffled. “Now,” he said turning back to her, “what was Malfoy bothering you about today?”

“It’s nothing, Harry. I shouldn’t have said anything.”

“You didn’t,” he smiled. “Not really. I could tell you weren’t yourself all day.”

Great, thought Ginny. “I don’t need your help. I’m going for a walk.”

“Do you need-?”

“No, Harry, I don’t need a bodyguard,” she said annoyed.

The halls were dark as she walked down them, careful not to make too much noise or Mrs. Norris would find her and alert Filch. But somehow she didn’t really mind getting into trouble tonight. She reached the Great Hall within a few minutes and slowly opened the doors, hoping they didn’t creak too loudly as she slid inside. Her eyes fell on the abandoned and eerie Gryffindor table, and felt herself being drawn to it, and as she sat down she heard a sound from behind her. Startled, she turned her head.

“You look rather bothered, Weaslette. Has Potter been getting on your nerves?” drawled Malfoy, his eyes flashing with interest as he sat on top of the table. “It wouldn’t be the first time.”

Ginny had just noticed his silk pajamas. “Why do you care?” she sneered, causing him to raise an eyebrow.

“I am Head Boy, girl. I need a good excuse if I’m not going to throw you in detention and deduct points.” Draco watched her carefully, and she stood, her nose twitching; he smelled sweet, which was remarkable for someone like him. “You’re staring at me.”

“You smell…strange…” muttered the redhead. “It’s nice, though.”

“Strange?” he looked confused.

She leaned closer to him. “You know, you really know how to keep one wanting you, Draco.” Ginny watched him smile slightly, his fingers brushing her cheek. “I didn’t think I could have kept up that charade earlier,” she whispered, slipping her arms around his neck.

“I know what you mean,” he said as he kissed her gently. “At least you didn’t give yourself away. You’re a very good actress.”

Ginny smiled, her eyes becoming dark, lustful. “Perfection has its price,” she whispered.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=5608