The Twelve Days of Christmas by alexandriaisariel
Summary: A series of drabbles depicting Ginny and Draco's holiday experience.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley
Compliant with: HBP and below
Era: Future AU
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 1024 Read: 33548 Published: Dec 17, 2007 Updated: Apr 01, 2008
Story Notes:
This story is a set of drabbles, all of them Christmas-themed. Set in an AU, and compliant up until HBP. All parts will be at one hundred words, and there will be fourteen chapters total. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, I hope you all have a very Happy Christmas! I should probably also note that this was inspired after reading Vesica’s “Draco goes a’Courtin”. I would like to thank my wonderful beta Elyaeru for doing an excellent speedy job. :)

1. The First Day of Christmas: December 17 part one by alexandriaisariel

2. December 17: Part Two by alexandriaisariel

3. The Second Day of Christmas: December 18 by alexandriaisariel

4. The Third Day of Christmas: December 19 by alexandriaisariel

5. The Fourth Day of Christmas: December 20 by alexandriaisariel

6. The Fifth Day of Christmas: December 21 by alexandriaisariel

7. The Sixth Day of Christmas: December 22 by alexandriaisariel

8. The Seventh Day of Christmas: Demeber 23 by alexandriaisariel

9. The Eighth Day of Christmas: December 24 by alexandriaisariel

10. The Ninth Day of Christmas: December 25th by alexandriaisariel

The First Day of Christmas: December 17 part one by alexandriaisariel
Ginny held her steaming mug of hot cocoa and sipped carefully. As they made their way through the crowd, Ginny clutched her bags near to her side. Hermione glanced about, her teeth chattering. While the Christmas rush in Diagon Alley made conversing hard, Hermione’s ears, however, did perk up considerably when she heard Ginny wistfully mumble about marriage.

“I had a dream he’d ask me Christmas morning.”

Draco saw the look on his lover’s face, and was very grateful for the holiday rush as he slipped quietly into the stream of wizards shuffling about before the girls noticed his presence.
December 17: Part Two by alexandriaisariel
While spying may not have been behavior approved by either Ginny or Hermione, Draco couldn’t keep the smirk off his face after sneaking quietly away from the overheard conversation. The two split earlier in the morning to do both of their shopping in one sweep, and Draco was glad for the presented opportunity. Ironically enough, he had gone visit his family vault earlier that day.

After twenty minutes sifting through various family heirlooms, his gaze finally rested on a beautiful white-gold ring, goblin crafted, with an ice-blue diamond, cut in the shape of a tear drop. It was absolutely perfect.
The Second Day of Christmas: December 18 by alexandriaisariel
Author's Notes:
I'd like to take this chance to thank my awesome beta, elyaeru. I'd also like to thank my reviewers Courtney Faith, Mollie, Pipperstorms and Jordanza. A few of you have said that you're annoyed with the size of my chapters, but I'd like to state that this is the entire point. I wanted to write something short and sweet, and there is a challenge in trying to get everything at exactly 100 words. If you think of it as little snippets from a film you enjoyed, it might be easier to read. This is just a brief look into their lives. Thank you for being patient with me, and I hope you guys are all having a happy holiday season.
Ginny’s eyes scanned the letter, and wrinkled her nose. She nibbled on her toast, and looked over at Draco as he read the Daily Prophet’s business section.

“Darling, Christmas has come early,” she said dryly.

“Hmm?” It was hard to drag him from money sometimes. He was such a Malfoy.

“My parents have gone and flown to Jamaica. Christmas at The Burrow has been canceled.”

Draco’s eyes lit up. “Really? I don’t have to put up with the gits you call brothers?”

“Shall I remind you that if I want, you will be sleeping on the couch for a week?”
The Third Day of Christmas: December 19 by alexandriaisariel
Author's Notes:
Hope everyone had a great holiday season! Mine was wonderful :)
Draco downed the burning shot and looked over at his table-mates. While Blaise had been invited, Weasley and Potter had been stumbled into. And since he was about to marry the sod’s sister, he invited them along as well.

“Hermione told me she dreamt of being asked Christmas morning,” Ron informed Draco, as Blaise passed the ring to Harry.

“She’ll love it,” he whispered. Draco looked at Harry, and for the first time in his life, he felt sorry for the boy who lived.

“She’s going to wait,” Draco told them. And then, “I need to speak with Colin Creevey.”
The Fourth Day of Christmas: December 20 by alexandriaisariel
Author's Notes:
I wanted to take the time to shout out to my wonderful beta, Elyaeru. I also wanted to thank you all for reviewing, especially Mollie, Pipperstorms, Flipinpenname, CourtneyFaith, ronlover, tinamarie and D_Rad_88. Keep an eye out for daily updates until it's finished. Thanks for reading :)
As Christmas came closer, Ginny felt the holiday stress closing in on her. Without their presence being required at The Burrow, they had their holiday season open to them. As she thought more and more about a mini-vacation, the more the idea appealed to her, and she wanted to discuss it with Draco.

She reached his study, and she paused as hurried voices filled the room. The urgency in them caused a flutter of anxiousness in the pit of her stomach, and she listened closely, trying to hear who was on the other end of the floo. Was that Colin?
The Fifth Day of Christmas: December 21 by alexandriaisariel
Author's Notes:
Thanks to elyaeru for the quick beta! And just so y'all know, she leaves the best comments :)
Draco looked at the man seated across the table from him. “Thank you for agreeing to meet with me.”

Colin shrugged his shoulders, feigning nonchalance as he sipped his tea. “So, what is it you wanted to talk to me about, eh?”

“I need to know if you’re still a good of shot as you used to be. Could you capture a moment say thirty, maybe forty yards, away?”

The professional photographer stiffened his spine in offense. “Of course I can,” he snapped. “Why, what for?”

“It’s for Ginny’s Christmas present,” he said quietly. “I’ll owl you the details later.”
The Sixth Day of Christmas: December 22 by alexandriaisariel
Author's Notes:
Thanks again to elyaeru! I would also like to thank joliefille for pointing out to me that the first day of Christmas actually starts on Christmas itself. For the purpose of the story, I had to change that, but I'm very thankful for the nice nitpick, that's what reviews are for! Thanks for reading.
“My God, do you have to be such a girl?” Ginny scoffed as Draco carefully folded his shirt into the suitcase. She grinned at his glower. “I think Hermione used to do that back in school,” she teased.

Draco turned, affronted. “You know, nasty things happen to people all the time.”

“I shiver in my designer boots, Draco darling.”

“That I paid for.”

“You’re right. You did. After all I put up with though, I think I’ve earned them,” she taunted.

“Are you ready?”

A smile was the response, and the two separate cracks reverberated around the now empty room.
The Seventh Day of Christmas: Demeber 23 by alexandriaisariel
“You know, for being a poor Weasley brat, you have excellent taste in vacationing spots,” he whispered in her ear, as his arms snaked around her torso. She leaned her back into his chest, and he gently kissed her temple.

They stood on the edge of a mountain trail, just outside of Scotland. Ginny had rented out a lighthouse over looking the ocean. They watched the sun sink lower and lower into the horizon, and shivered as the cold sea air blew around them. “It’s beautiful,” she murmured.

“As cliché as it sounds, I think you’re beautiful,” he whispered back.
The Eighth Day of Christmas: December 24 by alexandriaisariel
Creevey –

Yet again, I would like to express my gratitude for your help. This is something very important to me. I want to surprise her with the photographs, at a later date.

We’re staying about four miles north of Aberdour, at the Lighthouse overseeing Silver Sands Beach. Enclosed is a Portkey enchanted to transport you to the location that I’ve chosen for you. It is set to leave on the twenty-eighth, twenty minutes before sundown. This should give you time to set up and use to proper disillusionment charms.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Draco S. Malfoy
The Ninth Day of Christmas: December 25th by alexandriaisariel
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long break, I know it's not exactly the holidays any longer. Is everyone enjoying Spring Break? Thank you for reading!

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and everything involved in his magical world is owned by many respected individuals who are not me. I just borrow some gorgeous characters, mostly for my own amusement. No money is being made off of this.
“You could have started some tea,” Draco’s gruff voice startled Ginny. She smiled at him, and handed him his first gift. He unwrapped it quickly, and pushed aside the packing peanuts. At the bottom of the box, he pulled out a rolled-together piece of fabric, and unraveled it. His voice was no longer gruff, but rather slightly strangled as he said to her, “This is never going to fit.”

Ginny grabbed the lacy fabric and laughed. “Honey, that’s because you’re not supposed to wear it.”

Soon everything was unwrapped, but there was no ring that Ginny had been hoping for.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=5817