What People Do For Love by xswims247x
Summary: As Ginny dates Harry, she starts to have second thoughts, then she runs into Malfoy. Over time they start to grow fond of each other, although it takes a while for them to admit it. Soon Malfoy has to make a choice, and his choice will question what Ginny will do for love.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Lucius Malfoy, Molly Weasley, Pansy Parkinson, Ron Weasley
Compliant with: OotP and below
Era: Hogwarts-era
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1104 Read: 3009 Published: Feb 10, 2008 Updated: Feb 11, 2008
Story Notes:
I do not own these characters, they belong to JK Rowling. I would also like to thank my beta.

1. The Perfect Couple? by xswims247x

The Perfect Couple? by xswims247x
Harry pulled Ginny behind a statue and started to snog her breathlessly. Ginny closed her eyes and kissed him back, but something wasn’t the same as it had been two weeks ago when they first started going out. She ignored the feeling, but pulled away; she had to get to class. “Sorry, but we need to get to class.”

He gave her another kiss. “Alright, but I’m walking you there.”

They started to head down to the dungeons where she had her first class. Harry slipped his hand into hers. Two weeks ago her heart would have flipped, but nothing happened. ‘It’s still morning; I must be too tired to do feel anything’ she thought. As they walked down to her class she felt someone’s eyes on her back. She had gotten used to it, dating Harry Potter. ‘Just another jealous girl,’ she thought smugly

“Hey Gin, do you want to go to the library with me after lunch?” Harry asked.

“Sure,” Ginny replied absently as she turned to look behind her. But it wasn’t another jealous fangirl who had been watching them; it was Draco Malfoy, glaring at the couple with a look of deepest hatred on his face. If looks could kill she would be dead.

“Harry, Malfoy is behind us,” Ginny whispered urgently.

Harry glanced behind his shoulder and glared at him. “Go away, Malfoy, you don’t have your first class on this floor, unless Slughorn finally came to his senses and held you back,” he said.

Malfoy shot daggers at him with his eyes. “Why are you down here? Did Slughorn hold you back and put you down with the 5th years? Although, he should probably put you in with the 3rd years, but even some of them would do better then you.” He smirked.

They reached the dungeons. “Bye, Harry.” She gave him a peck on the cheek, but still felt nothing. She glared at Malfoy.

“Is that the best you can do Weasley? Glare?” he mocked. “That’s what I expect from a Gryffindor. Bravery my arse.”

She watched him as he walked away. “Don’t listen to him. I’ll see you at lunch.” Harry waved goodbye to her.

***************

After Draco ran into Potter he hurried back to the Slytherin common room where he met up with Pansy. Her pug face lit up once she saw him come in. She went over to where he was sitting and sat down next to him. Seeing the large crowd, Draco picked her up and put her on his lap. She grinned.

“Want to go to the library after lunch?” she said slyly. “I have some unfinished…um…homework I need to get done.” She raised her eyebrows.

Draco smiled smugly, he kissed her cheek. “Sure.”

****************

Ginny sat next to Harry at lunch. Ron was practically overjoyed that they were still together and Hermione was just happy that her two best friends were happy. Now if only Ron would stop being a git and ask Hermione out. Ginny returned to her sandwich, and as she took a bite, she noticed Malfoy sitting next to Pansy and looking at her. ‘No,’ she decided, ‘he’s looking at Harry.’

‘But then wouldn’t he be glaring?’ a voice in the back of her mind asked her. She didn’t know why, but for some reason she wanted him to be looking at her. She glanced back down at her sandwich and returned to eating it. By the time she looked back up again, Malfoy is laughing at something that was said at the table and was pushing a piece of hair away from Parkinson’s face.

She suddenly wasn’t hungry anymore. Harry noticed this. “Ready to go to the library?” he asked. In response, Ginny quickly jumped up from the table.

Once they were in the library Ginny went to find a book she needed for a class. “I’ll help you look,” Harry said as he followed her behind a bookcase. As their hands brushed over each other, Ginny felt nothing. Nor anything once he practically pinned her against the selves and Harry leaned in for a hard kiss.

“I still don’t understand who would want to kiss you,” someone said over their kissing sounds. “Did you bribe her? I know that they need the money.” They looked up to see Malfoy’s sneering face with Pansy’s pug face.

“At least I know that my dates aren’t going to turn out to be Death Eaters,” Harry spat.

“At least by the time I’m twenty I won’t be dead,” Malfoy shot back.

Ginny looked down at the ground. “Weasley, as much as I hate you, here’s a piece of advice: get a real man, or at least someone who’s not going to die before he’s twenty,” Malfoy drawled out.

Ginny looked up and Harry took a step towards him. “She doesn’t take advice from scum, Malfoy. What are you suggesting anyways? I’m not going to be behind bars like you are.” Harry's voice was getting louder at each word.

“Oh really? Well, I will have a girl behind me; look at yours, she’s walking away,” Malfoy said triumphantly.

Harry turned around and saw Ginny walking away. Something was odd; her stomach was doing those turns now, but she had finished kissing Harry, so maybe she was having some delayed reactions. She turned round and saw Harry coming toward her, and she felt nothing. She looked at Malfoy who had a look of triumph on his face, he had won that round and they all knew it. She saw Pansy kiss him and felt something odd in her stomach. ‘I probably had a bad sandwich at lunch,’ she decided.

Just then Madame Pince appeared. “What do you think you are doing?” she screeched. “Yelling in a library!”

Ginny fought to keep a giggle down. ‘That’s a little hypocritical,’ she thought. ‘She’s yelling too.’

“You all have detentions!” Madame Pince glared at them all over the top of her silver-rimmed glasses, and her gaze seemed to fall on Harry’s and Ginny’s clasped hands, then on Malfoy and Parkinson, standing together. “You and you,” the librarian said pointing at Malfoy and Ginny, “and you and you,” pointing to Parkinson and Harry, “will have them together. Malfoy and Weasley, tomorrow at seven sharp. Potter and Parkinson, Wednesday at seven sharp.” She walked away muttering, “Yelling in a library.”

All four of them glared at each other. “Let’s go, Ginny.” Harry pulled her away.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=5906