Easily Teased by IbbyFelton
Summary: "How dare she ditch me? How dare she stand up to me in the middle of my dorm and tell me that it was over? I'm the supposed to be the one to ditch her- leave her broken and begging me to reconsider and take her back."
Read my first oneshot to find out why Draco is that angry.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley
Compliant with: None
Era: Hogwarts-era
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2777 Read: 3305 Published: Oct 23, 2008 Updated: Oct 24, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by IbbyFelton

Chapter 1 by IbbyFelton
Draco was fuming as he walked out the Slytherin dungeons towards the Great Hall. He pushed away anyone in his way and spat insults left, right and centre.

How dare she ditch me? How dare she stand up to me in the middle of my dorm and tell me that it was over? I'm the supposed to be the one to ditch her- leave her broken and begging me to reconsider and take her back.

Just because he hadn’t told her those three disgusting words. It wasn't like they were meant to be. He was a Malfoy and she was a filthy Weasley. They were just shag buddies. They had agreed on that from the beginning, seven months ago. But then she stormed into his dorm and told him that she wanted more. She was tired of him using her body while still flirting with other girls. She was tired of him ignoring her in public and insulting her in front of her brother and friends. She wanted their relationship to mean something, but Draco absolutely refused to go there.

He didn't believe in love and the pain it caused to the arse. So Ginevra lost it, smacked him on his handsome face (he was thankful she hadn't hexed him), and stormed out his dorm, saying that she was done with him once and for all.

Draco groaned as he entered the Great Hall and sat between his moron followers Crabbe and Goyle. He felt like something was missing and, when he looked up, he realised that she wasn't watching him as usual. She had her back to him and, for the first time in the last seven months, he felt incomplete and didn't know why.

He pretended to eat, but kept playing with his fork as he watched her chatting with her friends.

Damn her, she didn't look my way even once.

When Ginny finished eating, she kissed her moron brother and waved to Pothead and the Mudblood and then did something Draco hadn't expected: she walked towards Seamus Finnigan and kissed him softly before holding his hand as they both walked out of the Great Hall.

Blood left Draco's veins and he felt his eyes go huge. His heart stopped beating as he couldn't believe what he had just witnessed.

Did the filthy Weaslette and that moron Irish get together? When? Where? Why?

Well, Draco knew why: they had broken up and she could have anyone she wanted and she preferred the moron Finnigan. Draco was fuming. No one had ever messed with a Malfoy and that Weasley treated him like he was a piece of scum.

She will pay for this. I swear that I'll make her pay. Draco thought as he stormed out of the Great Hall to his next class, missing the frown on Hermione's face.

***

"Oh, my, my, look who's here: the filthy Weaslette herself," Draco smirked as he watched Ginny doing her homework in the library. When he entered the library and spotted her, he couldn’t help but push her buttons just to hear her voice. Boy, he missed her voice.

"Hey, Malfoy," was all her answer. She didn't even look at him, instead keeping her eyes on her parchment.

Draco's smirk disappeared and was replaced by a scowl. He would have to try harder to hurt her.

"I didn't know your filthy parents taught you how to read," he spat and, to his surprise, Ginevra put down her quill and smiled at him. Draco's breath caught in his throat.

"I know what you're trying to do Malfoy. It's not working, believe me," she said softly.

"Really? And why is that?"

"You're trying to hurt me. Unfortunately for you, it's not working," she said and went back to her homework.

"You're just a piece of filth, Weaslette, so don't flatter yourself. Why would I waste my time on someone like you?"

"Because you care about me, Draco, whether you like it or not," she said matter-of-factly, rolling her eyes. Draco's heart stopped as she used his given name again. "Too bad I'm not interested anymore."

Draco groaned and grabbed her arm. "I don't care about you. I wanted your body and I got it. Keep that love crap for you and your blood traitor friends. I could never relate to people like you."

"Are you trying to convince me, or yourself?" Ginny smirked. "Because if you believed in what you just said, you wouldn't still be here, holding me. Aren't you afraid of the Weasley's cooties?"

"Screw you, Weasley," Draco spat, before capturing Ginny's lips with his in a passionate kiss. He didn't want to look desperate for her touch. On the contrary, he wanted to hurt her until she cried. She had no right to feel happy when he had suffered without her. She didn't have the right to kiss Finnigan when he hadn’t been able to touch a girl since their break-up. He wanted to make her suffer, but he just saw her, sitting there, looking beautiful like never before, and he lost it. He missed her and he couldn't lie to himself anymore.

He kissed her passionately, but, much to his sorrow, Ginny didn't respond. Draco blinked and pulled back, breathing heavily.

"Ginny-what-I-I don't understand-"

"You lost the right to touch me weeks ago, Malfoy. So don't expect me to kiss you back. I'm not your toy anymore. I'm with Seamus and so happy."

"Don't tell me you prefer that moron over me." Draco was fuming.

"He loves me, Draco. Something you couldn't and wouldn't offer me. Just let me go."

The double meaning behind her last statement didn't pass unnoticed by Draco.

"But Ginevra-"

"Goodbye, Malfoy," she said softly, as she grabbed her bag and turned to leave the library.

Draco watched her expressionlessly as she met Seamus mid-way and walked with him hand-in-hand out the library. Draco collapsed onto the chair behind him and groaned.

"I want you back, Ginevra. I want you back, baby," he sighed and held his head in his hands.

***

Draco rolled his eyes as he walked behind Hermione and Luna towards the Great Hall. He tried hard to ignore their annoying giggling, but couldn't.

"Hermione?"

"Yes, Luna?"

"Hmm… Neville asked me out yesterday," announced Luna, blushing.

"What? Oh wow, Luna, that's great! I'm so happy for you, sweetheart!"

"Thanks a lot, honey," beamed Luna.

"I thought he would never ask you. He stammered every time you were around," teased Hermione.

"Well, he did that yesterday, as well. It took him 15 minutes to finally say it."

Draco rolled his eyes at the boring conversation. Loony and Longbottom together. Merlin! As if someone gives a damn, thought Draco, still walking behind the giggling girls.

"Yesterday really was a day full of romance," said Hermione.

"Really? How so?"

"Seamus gave Ginny a promise ring," said Hermione, beaming.

Draco stopped dead in his tracks; so did Luna.

"A what?"

"A promise ring. He told her that they were still too young for marriage, so he gave her the ring and promised her that he'd love and wait for her forever."

"How romantic!" exclaimed Luna.

"How dare he?!" shouted Draco from behind.

Hermione and Luna jumped and turned around.

"Merlin's beard, you scared the hell out of us, Malfoy!" frowned Hermione.

"At least cough and let us know that you're stalking us, ferret-boy," said Luna angrily.

"I was not stalking you, Loony."

"Then what were you doing?"

Draco ignored her and looked at Hermione. "Did Ginevra accept the ring?"

"What are you on about, Malfoy?" she asked innocently.

"I heard you saying that Finnigan gave Ginny a promise ring." Draco was fuming. He felt like exploding at any minute.

"Eavesdropping, were you?" frowned the brown-haired girl.

"Answer the damn question," Draco spat.

"She did. She accepted the ring and kissed Seamus all night to thank him for the romantic gesture."

Draco groaned. "The insufferable wench. How dare she do that to me? How dare she promise herself to Finnigan?"

"It's not always about you, Malfoy." It was Luna's turn to frown.

"What do you know, Lovegood? It's all Weasel's fault."

"Leave Ronald out of this, Malfoy," warned Hermione.

"Really? Well follow me and see what I'll do to Weasel-Bee," he challenged, and stormed to the Great Hall. "Weasel-Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" he screamed.

Hermione and Luna looked at each other and ran after Draco.

The scene that awaited them was hilarious. Ron's face was white as Draco pointed his wand at his cheek and held firmly the collar of his jumper.

"You call yourself a big brother, huh Weasel-Bee? Then where were you when the Irish moron was snogging your sister and giving her a ring?"

"What’s it to you, Malfoy? She's old enough to decide for herself. Now let go of my jumper."

Draco cursed under his breath and stepped back.

"Now you behave like a mature pig. Why didn't you behave this way when she was with me?"

Hermione frowned. She knew that Draco had cornered Ron, but her boyfriend hadn't ceased to surprise her since they confessed their love for each other months ago.

"It's different, Malfoy" said Ron casually.

"And why is that, Weasel-Bee?"

"Well, ferret-boy, you were using her body. It was only about sex for you and I had to intervene. I didn't want my sister to be your whore."

Draco coughed and looked at his feet. "It was only like that at the beginning."

"That doesn't change a thing, Malfoy. Seamus, on the other hand, loved her from the beginning. She deserves to be happy, and if the Irish moron, as you so politely called him, makes her happy, then just back off, because I won't stay still and watch you ruin her happiness."

"You know that I can't hurt Ginevra."

"You did once, Malfoy. You lost your chance with her, so just let her go."

Hermione felt like she'd never love her boyfriend as much as she loved him in that moment. She ran towards him and threw her arms around his neck as she snogged him senseless.

Harry beamed at the scene and took Lavender's hand under the table, promising her an exact show later on. Lavender understood and squeezed his hand, smiling mischievously.

"Is this the right moment?" Draco rolled his eyes at the scene.

"Leave them alone, Malfoy. Try to talk to Ron later," suggested Harry.

"I'm not leaving Potter. Weasel-Bee stop that and talk to me," Draco shouted as the students held their breath in anticipation. Ron broke the kiss and frowned at him.

"What is you want, Malfoy?"

"I want you to talk to Ginevra and tell her to give me another chance," Draco explained simply.

"And I'll do that because…?"

"Her place is with me, not Finnigan."

Gasps of shock were heard all over the Great Hall.

"And why is that, Malfoy?" It was Harry's turn to ask.

"Because I love her," Draco sighed, finally confessing his feelings towards the redhead. He searched for her all over Gryffindor table, but she wasn't there. Seamus was looking at him with a mysterious grin on his face. Draco frowned at this and turned to look at Ron.

"Seamus loves her, too. What makes you think that you deserve her more than him?" Ron was really curious to know the answer.

"I love her more than life itself. She represents everything to me. I’d die for her- something I'm sure Finnigan wouldn't do."

All of Slytherin were looking at him with obvious disgust, while the rest of students beamed with pride. Applause and whistles were all over the Hall.

"Why didn't you tell her that yourself when you found out how you felt, Draco?" asked Hermione. Draco smiled weakly as the brown-haired witch used his given-name for the first time.

"I was afraid, Hermione," Draco said, returning the favour. "I didn't want to acknowledge how I felt towards her because I thought that it was wrong for a Malfoy to fall for a Weasley. It was a huge mistake; I realise that, now."

"Why now?"

"I need her like never before and I'm ready to beg her for another chance, even if Malfoys don't beg." He finally smirked and the trio rolled their eyes. Draco would simply never change.

"You didn't beg when you saw her this morning. On the contrary, you called her Weaslette and threw some of your famous insults at her," Ron said, frowning.

"I was tongue-tied when I saw her. I couldn't talk properly, so I insulted her instead."

"How romantic!" Luna talked for the first time in minutes and the Great Hall burst into laughter except Slytherin.

"I don't know how I'll manage to tell her how I feel."

"Well it's too late to think about that," said Hermione.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked nervously.

"She already knows," Hermione smirked, and motioned towards the entrance of the Great Hall.

Draco turned and his jaw hit the floor as he caught sight of Ginevra standing there, watching him intently. He was lost for words as he walked towards Ginevra. When he finally stood in front of her, his throat went dry.

"So, Malfoy, you were saying?" Ginny smiled mischievously. Draco blushed and grabbed her hand to move from the entrance of the Great Hall to have a moment in private.

"I... I... I... I love you," he whispered.

"And?"

"I’d die without you."

"And?" Ginny was almost dying of happiness.

"I’m begging you to give us another chance," he whispered near her lips as he pushed her slowly to the wall. "Say that you love me, too."

"I love you, too," Ginny whispered back, wrapping her arms around Draco's neck. He blinked and pulled back.

"WHAT?"

"What?" Ginny was puzzled.

"What did you say?"

"I said that I love you, too," she said matter-of-factly.

"I didn't expect you to say it so easily. Especially after what happened." He lowered his head, looking embarrassed.

"What you said in the Great Hall, in front of everyone, was enough to make me reconsider."

"Are you serious? Are you willing to give me another chance?" Draco was over the moon.

"Well..." she teased.

"Don't tease me Gin, I'm dying here."

"Well, I wouldn't be here if I didn't forgive you," she smiled softly and caressed his cheek.

Draco smiled triumphantly and was about to kiss her passionately when he remembered something and pulled back.

Ginny was really annoyed. "Whaaaaaaat?"

"Don't you need to break up with Finnigan first?" he frowned.

"Seamus and I were not together in the first place," Ginny stated, smirking.

"WHAT? WHAT? But you said that you... What? I- What about the ring? I mean, Granger said that... You told me that you were together. Then Potter and Weasel... I'm going mad. What's going on here, Ginevra?"

"Well, our little play (I mean Hermione, Ron, Harry, Luna, Lavender, Seamus and I) was the only way we had to bring you back to your senses and realise how you feel about me."

"You mean to say that you were teasing me all these weeks?" Draco was shocked.

"Well… Yes." Ginny nodded and tried hard to control herself. She just wanted to laugh hard at his expression.

At this moment, students started walked out the Great Hall, and watched the two lovers.

"So you didn't date Finnigan, and there is no promise ring," Draco said with difficulty.

"Yes."

"What about the kisses and caresses?" said Draco, still frowning.

"They were part of the play. Nothing real."

"I can't believe you teased me all these weeks."

Draco was still unable to close his mouth. He couldn't believe that the six Gryffindors and the blonde Ravenclaw had teased him in a very stylish, Slytherin way.

"You're easy to tease, love."

"So, you're free. There is no Irish moron," Draco sighed in relief.

"I heard that, Malfoy" shouted Seamus from within the crowd.

"There is only you," Ginny whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck again.

"And-"

"Oh for Merlin's sake, just kiss her already!" groaned Harry.

"Thanks, Harry, I was about to hex him into next week and back," frowned Ginny.

"I'm sorry, Ginny. I still can't believe that you're with me again, love."

"Kiss me to believe."

"You're a tease. I love you so much," he confessed.

"I love you too, ferret."

Draco laughed and captured her lips with his in a passionate kiss. He poured his heart to her through that kiss as applause and wolf-whistles were heard everywhere. Draco and Ginevra were oblivious to the crowd as they expressed how much they were crazy about each other in one hell of a kiss.

THE END
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=6224