First Kisses by Januarybaby
Summary: Pansy Parkinson spun the bottle. Time seemed to slow down for Draco and he just knew that it was going to land on him. It did.
Categories: Completed Short Stories Characters: Blaise Zabini (boy), Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Pansy Parkinson
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1153 Read: 4263 Published: Dec 18, 2009 Updated: Dec 20, 2009
Story Notes:
Thank You to my friend, Finding Nemo for all her constructive criticism and funny comments. A big thank you must also go to my beta, Glynna_vyre. This is a very belated birthday gift for Temptation Bites who I hope enjoys this immensely.

1. Chapter 1 by Januarybaby

Chapter 1 by Januarybaby
The first time Draco was kissed was in a game of Spin the Bottle. It was during his third week at Hogwarts, and his fellow Slytherin classmates had decided that a get-to-know-you game was in order. As they were Slytherin eleven-years-olds, Spin the Bottle was chosen rather rapidly. Draco was bored; he had nothing else to do and what could he lose by playing one stupid game? Pansy Parkinson spun the bottle. Time seemed to slow down for Draco, and he just knew that it was going to land on him. It did.

In Draco's opinion, Pansy Parkinson was a little bit thick and a lot mean, which ensured that she fitted in well with the other Slytherins. He wasn't sure if she was actually stupid, or if she just pretended to be so that boys would like her. He was leaning towards the pretending because her comments about the other girls were damningly accurate and cruel.

Pansy slowly crossed the circle to Draco and knelt in front of him. She then launched herself at him and tried to stick her tongue down his throat. Her tongue was moving in motions that faintly resembled the wand action required for ‘Alohomora’. Draco felt slightly nauseous, and he thought that he might throw up.

The first time Draco was kissed by an older woman was in his second year. Monica Lullman, a fourth-year, had caught him after dinner and pushed him against a wall. She had a rather large bosom, and as Draco was shorter than her, his face was left in a stifling but very interesting position.

She murmured something which he couldn't quite hear due to the position of his head. She did have a rather deep voice which he had heard the older boys say was 'sexy'. Draco didn't really care about that. He just wanted her to move so he could breathe a little. Monica then proceeded to kiss him with considerably more skill than Pansy had shown. She was a good kisser. After all, even if only half the rumours were true, then she had had a lot of practice. She was also very thorough, and Draco was pressed up against the wall for several minutes. He felt rather weak as Monica disconnected herself from him with a loud slurping sound and walked away with her hips wiggling from side to side. Draco locked his knees so he wouldn't collapse and hurried up to his bedroom. He was pretty pleased with this kiss. Monica was two years older, and Draco was sure his friends would be suitably impressed. The only downside was when Draco was brushing his teeth and found chicken in his mouth. Draco had had beef for dinner. Suddenly, he wished she hadn't been quite so thorough.

The first and last time Draco was kissed by a boy was in his fifth year. It was a well-known fact that Blaise Zabini was gay. All of Slytherin and most of the rest of the school was aware of this. Blaise was very open with his sexuality. He would greet people by saying, “Hi, my name's Blaise. I'm gay.”

Blaise was equally aware that some unfortunate people were either unaware that they were gay or didn't like to advertise it. Blaise thought Draco was one of these very unfortunate few. He told Draco this when they were studying in their dorm. Apparently, Blaise had seen “signs” that had made him think Draco was gay. Draco liked to believe that it was wishful thinking on Blaise's part. Blaise then kissed a very surprised Draco. When it was over and Draco had turned Blaise back from a monkey, they had a long talk about personal space and not jumping to conclusions.

The first time Draco kissed Ginny Weasley was in his seventh year. They were arguing about something so trivial that he couldn't even remember what it was. It may have had to do with Potter or it may have been a comment about her family. There were such a large number of derogatory comments that he had thrown at Ginny. But that fight was different. They were standing in the middle of the Great Hall yelling and screaming. Ginny had turned a very unflattering shade of red and had even stomped her foot at one stage. Draco’s vision was turning red, and he could see Snape coming towards them to deliver a few scathing comments and a year’s worth of detentions. They were standing close together with their bodies almost touching as they hurled insults back and forth. In a sudden moment of insanity, he pulled her body flush against his and kissed her. All of the shouts and taunting stopped. The entire school went absolutely silent as Draco and Ginny stood as one. When they broke apart, the only sound Draco could hear was that of Ron hitting the floor as he fainted.

The last time Draco kissed Ginny Weasley was when he was dying. He was lying in their bed at home as he had refused to die at St Mungo's. Draco was rather disappointed with himself. Malfoys were known for dying rather dramatically. His maternal grandmother had drowned after she had said some rather nasty things to a mermaid, but that was nothing compared to his paternal grandmother who had set herself on fire in a church. Nobody was quite sure why. Both of his grandfathers had had heart attacks. One of them had been riding a dragon, and the other one had been riding a prostitute. Draco's mother had died the day his father had been given the Dementor's Kiss. She had thrown herself off a cliff. His father was still technically alive. People tend to live longer when you take their soul.

But Draco was dying of old age. He wasn't scared of dying, but he was definitely annoyed about it. It was so bloody unlikely. He had lived his whole life as an Auror, and he had spent years fighting to destroy Voldemort. What was the chance of him dying in his bed because his heart felt like stopping?

Ginny was snuggling in the bed with him. They were both naked underneath the bed sheets. What? He wasn't dead yet. His children and grandchildren were all downstairs as they had already said their goodbyes. He supposed it was rather funny that everyone was in the house waiting for him to die. He wouldn't disappoint them.

Draco leaned down to kiss away Ginny's tears. “I love you. I always have and always will. I'll wait for you. Take your time coming,” he whispered before closing his eyes and letting go of the tiny hold he still had on life. Ginny snuggled into him for a few moments before closing her eyes and following him. Ginny’s last thoughts were spent wondering whether or not kisses in heaven were better than ones on earth.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=6736