The Enchantress by The Enchantress
Summary: Four years after the Second Wizarding War had ended, Ginny is living in the Muggle world under a Muggle guise. She decides to re-enter the Wizarding world to dance for Swish and Flick, a Wizarding Rock band.

Draco Malfoy disappears regularly and has not had a girlfriend for years, making him one of the most eligible bachelors in the Wizarding world.

After a turn of events, Draco and Ginny are brought together for one passionate kiss. Will Ginny leave Harry and will Draco learn to accept the fact that Ginny's family are blood traitors?
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley
Compliant with: All but epilogue
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1416 Read: 253 Published: Jan 28, 2011 Updated: Jan 28, 2011
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. All credit goes to JK Rowling. Also, I do not own Swish and Flick.

1. Ett by The Enchantress

Ett by The Enchantress
Author's Notes:
This is my first fanfiction, so any comments you have to offer will be accepted with open thoughts.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or his world. All credit goes to JK Rowling Also, in reference to the chapter title. I have been learning Swedish in school and ett is one in Swedish.

The Enchantress

 

[%%%%%]

 

It all started with a kiss. Not just any kiss, a forbidden, lusty kiss shared between two entirely different people.  Nobody would have suspected it, and nobody would have cared, had this kiss not been between a mystery woman and the Wizarding world’s most sought after bachelor.

 

[%%%%%]

 

Ginevra had run far.  So far from the pain and sorrow that she no longer associated with the magical world she once knew and loved so much.  After the loss of her brother and countless close friends, even friends she would not admit to, the pain was no longer bearable.  She made the decision on that fateful night to enter the muggle world and live without magic.  Any trace of magic led her to recall the cold, terrifying memories, and she could not stand to continue on as a lifeless shell.

 

The Muggle world offered a fresh start.  She had already sent out an application to a Muggle dance school and was accepted almost immediately.  She quietly packed her belongings that night and snuck out without leaving a trace of habitation behind.  Of course, she would have to tell Harry eventually.  After all, she was betrothed to him.  She decided it better that she send him an owl once she got to her small flat near the dance school.  There was only one part of her old world she would not give up, and that was owl post. To try and cheer her, Harry had purchased a beautiful Southern Tawny-bellied Screech owl named Ambrosia, who was now packed away in an ornate cage for travel purposes.

 

All of Ginny’s Wizarding possessions were packed away in her old Hogwarts trunk, including her wand and broom, and she had a wad of Muggle currency stuffed in her pocket, so she could purchase more suitable possessions when she arrived at her flat.  She knew the new lifestyle would be a hard adjustment, but if it meant taking her mind off the pain, so be it.

 

Quietly, Ginny wandered into the muggle town and hailed a cab.  Soon, she would be flying to her new destination on an airplane, where she would have discipline to help her forget the past year.  She had obtained a muggle passport and identification under the identity of Melanie Greenwelch. The final hour of Ginevra Weasley was upon her.  The identity would fade away into nonexistence.  Finally, the opportunity had come to fabricate an entirely new life for herself.

 

After many hours of flight, Ginny landed in New York, where she was to attend Julliard’s dance division.  A cab took her to her flat where she proceeded to write a parting letter to Harry.

 

Harry, I have decided to take a different path

in my life. I hope you can forgive me for leaving

you.

Love always, Ginny

 

She ruffled Ambrosia’s feathers lightly and sent her on her way.  It was six am in England and she knew Harry would be waking soon to find an empty bed.

 

[%%%%%]

 

Draco Malfoy sat in the office of the Malfoy Mansion, pondering after a very long, restless night.  He had lost so much because of the war and now he needed to get away.  He needed to occupy his time so the pain of war wasn’t looming over him any longer.  He had nightmares regularly about the horrific scenes from that night.

 

Knowing he could no longer bear sitting in the large, empty house, he began packing quickly.  The mansion still sang the sorrowful tales of when it was being used by the Dark Lord to carry out his evil plans.  Every time Draco sat down for a meal, he was haunted by the countless bodies that had hung suspended and lifeless above him.  He was going to go to a vacation house on a private tropical island, meet a pretty bimbo, hook up and get over the thoughts that constantly polluted his mind.  Draco grabbed his wand and his broom and marched out the front door, putting up magical wards as he went.  Taking off quickly, Draco made a silent promise to owl his mother when he arrived at the island so she would not worry.

 

Finally, after several hours of flight, Draco touched down on the edge of a beautiful beach.  The light breeze tousled his already unkempt hair.  The seemingly modest beach house that sat before him was a welcome change compared to his dark, looming mansion.  He grabbed his wand from his robe pocket and levitated the heavy trunk into the upstairs bedroom.

 

Draco peeled off his socks and shoes and let the sand on the beach seep between his toes.  The hot sand scalded his feet, and he spent several moments getting use to the burning sensation shooting through his legs.  Slowly he approached the door of the house, eliminating wards in his path.

 

As he entered the door, a house elf popped into view wielding a cutlery knife, expecting an intruder.  Once she saw who it was, she instantly dropped her knife.  She had a bulbous head, lengthy nose and over-sized ears.  She was named Dinky because of her abnormally small size, even for a house elf.  Dinky bowed so low that her nose touched the floor.

 

“Master Draco,” she stuttered. “Dinky was not expecting your presence.”  She looked up from the bow with a guilty expression, grimacing as he approached her.

 

“Dinky, go fetch me some parchment and a cup of tea quickly,” Draco said quietly.

 

Only being a year out of Hogwarts, Draco was not sure how his mother would respond to his departure, especially since he had been running the Malfoy family business.  He was nervous about sending her an owl stating that he would not be returning for quite some time.

 

Dinky popped back into view with a platter containing tea, croissants, and parchment complete with green inkwell and quill.  She set the tray down next to Draco at the table.  He gave Dinky a grateful look, which seemed strange of him and managed to scare Dinky quite a bit.

Draco picked up the quill from the tray and carefully dipped it into the green inkwell.  In his looping handwriting, he wrote:

 

Dear Mother,

I regret to inform you that I have been feeling unwell lately

and have decided to take a very long leave of absence.  I hope

you find it in your heart to forgive me.

Your loving son, Draco

 

Draco let out a loud whistle.  A handsome eagle hawk came flying through the window and perched on his shoulder.  He gave the hawk a bite of croissant and tied the letter to the bird’s leg, sending it back out the window with specific instructions to give the note to his mother.

 

With that matter settled, Draco went to his bedroom to change into his bathing suit quickly, and headed to the serene beach to find solitude.

 

Dinky popped out with a glass of Butterbeer.  “Dinky, I think you might be the only girl in my life for a while.”

 

Draco had decided that drowning his sorrows with pleasure from some daft bimbo was not what he wanted.  He just wanted to be alone.

 

 

                                                    [%%%%%]

 

Somewhere in England...

 

A raven haired man woke up.  Stretching, he patted the bed expecting to find his lovely fiancé next to him.  To his surprise, the fiery enchantress was missing.

 

Soon, an owl was heard incessantly tapping on his windowpane.  Ambrosia was trying very hard to get his attention.  Reluctantly, Harry got out of his large bed and lifted the window enough for Ambrosia to get through.  A look of sorrow and confusion played across her face as he pulled the letter off the owl's leg.

 

Harry had to sit down as the rollercoaster of emotions took him for a wild ride through confusion, sadness, and anger.  Alas, he tore out of his chair and Floo'd to the first house he could think of, the Weasleys.

 

                                                        [%%%%%]

 

At Malfoy Manor...

 

A woman sat at a grand table, waiting for her son to join her for breakfast.  She had been waiting for an hour and had not touched her food.  She had known that the war had affected Draco greatly, but she was still proud of him for taking charge of the Malfoy family.

 

An eagle hawk dropped a letter in front of Narcissa.  It was addressed in his looping handwriting.  She read the letter in silence, then rushed to her room to weep over yet another loss.

End Notes:
Thank you for reading the first chapter. I hope you enjoyed it!

Please leave a comment!
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=7041