Icefyre by izod1500
Summary: It is the summer before Ginny's First Year at Hogwarts, and she is dreaming about a sexy, platinum haired boy.
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: Hogwarts-era
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1298 Read: 1317 Published: Apr 19, 2012 Updated: Apr 20, 2012

1. Chapter 1 by izod1500

Chapter 1 by izod1500
When I woke one morning at the beginning of July, I did not feel as if that day in the middle of summer would be any different than the days before it. Realizing that it was still very early in the morning, I took the opportunity to listen and take in the absolute quiet of The Burrow.


This is a very rare occasion indeed, since I live with six rather loud and obnoxious brothers. I rolled out of bed and padded to the bathroom, thinking that I would have a relaxing, uninterrupted bath before it was time to help Mum with breakfast.


As I started to fill the tub with water, I suddenly realized that it would be the day that I would receive my owl to begin my first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I would no longer be forced to stay behind at home while my brothers were off at school, becoming great wizards, or, in the case of my brother Ron, having fantastic adventures with Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived. Just the thought of his name made my cheeks flame bright red, I had always fancied him, and was looking forward to being at school with him. I wanted him to finally notice me away from The Burrow and see how I really am. Over the course of the summer, I felt like I had matured more and was positive that I could have a conversation with him without fleeing the room in embarrassment.


Halfway through my bath, I was snatched from my daydream of Hogwarts to hear loud stomping down the stairs, followed closely by loud banging and a shout of, “Ginny, could you not take all day in there!” Sighing, I quickly drained the tub, grabbed a towel and slipped out before Ron could yell at me more, knowing that if Ron were up, the rest of my family was soon to follow. I wanted to be in the kitchen when the owl post arrived.


Putting on jean shorts and a yellow tank top, and pulling my hair into a quick ponytail, I ran downstairs to the kitchen to help Mum with breakfast. She was already before the fire, starting breakfast, when I finally got there. Upon seeing me, she engulfed me in a bear hug, murmuring into my hair about how proud she was of me, and how much her baby was growing up. Embarrassed by the attention, I pulled away and began to set the table.


Shortly after the entire family had sat down to eat, five large owls swooped into the kitchen, all bearing the royal blue envelope with the four founders of Hogwarts' crests emblazoned in sealing wax on the back. I shrieked with glee as one owl dropped down in front of me to place mine in my outstretched hand. Suddenly very aware of every eye on me, I stared nervously at the letter that I had been dreaming about receiving for the better part of the last six years of my life.


Clearing his throat my father spoke up, “Ginny why, don't you read it aloud?"


Blushing furiously, and with trembling hands, I read the letter aloud:



"Dear Ginevra Weasley,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.


Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall"



After reading the letter aloud, I was swept into immediate applause, congratulations and hugs. Fred and George even managed to have fireworks explode from my French toast spelling out, “Congratulations,” while I was attempting to take a bite.


Mum then went around the table, collecting everyone’s book and equipment lists, stating we would all go to Diagon Alley in a few weeks for shopping. She then promised me that they would do their best to get me as many new things as they could afford.


After the commotion had subsided, at least somewhat, Percy then took the opportunity to smugly announce that he was chosen to be Prefect. While he still got the requisite amount of congratulations, it was significantly more subdued than mine, and included quite a lot of joking from Fred and George. Having enough, Percy stormed away from the table and to his room.


After giving my father a hug and wishing him a good day at work, I helped Mum clean. Slipping quietly to my room when I was finished, and with the morning’s events still fresh in my mind, I excitedly wrote an exact account of what had happened when I received my Hogwarts owl in my journal. Then, I quickly wrote my confirmation of acceptance and a quick letter to Charlie, who was out of the country training dragons. I called out to Mum that I was going into town to go to the owl post to deliver my letters, and left the house.


The Burrow is just outside of the quirky half-Muggle, half-Wizarding town of Ottery St. Catchpole. I did not have far to walk to the owl post, but enjoyed the walk there because I had plenty of time to let my mind wander, uninterrupted, about all of the things that I was looking forward to at Hogwarts. Now that I was alone, I realized what had woken me up so early that morning and made me forget all about my Hogwarts acceptance letter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the past few weeks, I had been having the same dream. In it, I was walking through a garden, looking up at a beautiful night sky filled with stars and constellations. The most beautiful constellation to me was one that winds itself between the Little Dipper in the form of a dragon.


From somewhere behind me, I heard footsteps from the other end of the garden, and I turned to look as a boy with beautiful platinum blond hair emerged and stood beside me to look at the stars. He asked me which was my favorite, and I told him. My answer always seemed to surprise him, no matter how many nights he asked me this same question.


I'd feel my heart beat faster as his beautiful steel grey eyes bore into mine, as if reading the truth behind my statement and seeing into my soul. He then drew me closer and dipped his head to kiss me lightly on the lips. I stiffened in surprise because I would normally wake up before now. After my initial surprise, I realized that I was not waking up, and took a moment to savor the feel of his lips on mine, before I wholeheartedly returned his kiss.


Shocked by the sudden involvement of my teeth and tongue insistently pressing against his lips, seeking entrance, he growled softly to himself and nipped at my bottom lip. I complied by softly moaning and pressing my body tighter to his while his tongue battled with mine. He angled my head so that he had access to my neck, kissing and nipping all the way to my very sensitive ear.


He gently drew the lobe between his teeth, eliciting shudders and a soft moan of pleasure from me, and whispered in my ear, “Say my name, Ginny.”


Startled by his voice, and the command, I stammered out, “I don't know.”


But he still insisted. “You do, Ginny. Say the name that’s truly in your heart. Say the name of the last person you think of before falling to sleep. Say my name.”


Taking a deep breath, I leaned closer to him and breathed, “Draco” so quietly that he would have missed it if he were not listening for it, and then disappeared from his arms.
End Notes:
I hope you all enjoyed! This is my very first fanfic and I have had so much fun writing it. I would like to thank my wonderful beta, cherryredxx for her great work, and amazing patience. If it were not for her the story would still be just a hot mess. Please review, I would love to hear from you!
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=7308