Chapter Two
The Hogwarts Express and Things

Ginny had crossed over to Platform 9 3/4, and had successfully ignored Harry until now. She said her goodbyes to her parents, and ran with her trolley to the train. But, she was just a little weakling at the moment, and couldn't get any of her luggage onto it. Usually, Ron or Harry would help her, but considering that Ron was with Harry, she couldn't ask for his help. So, she tried to budge her luggage into the car still. It was nearly through, so she stepped back to take a five second break. She was just about to continue her labor, when everything nearly fell off, and on top of her.

The only thing stopping it was an immaculate hand. Her gaze followed the hand all the way to the face of its smirking owner.

"Weasley, do you need help?" Draco Malfoy asked in a very uncaring tone.

"Err - No, Malfoy. I'm perfectly capable," Ginny said, the dream forcing its way into her brain.

"So are you suggesting that I move my hand and let your secondhand luggage fall, and once again, wait for you to get all the way back up again?" he asked, his smirk deepening.

Ginny gulped, staring at his strong hand, holding the luggage up. Suddenly, she remembered why she hated him so much. His stupid father tried to kill her last year! "Sure, Malfoy, the longer I make you wait, the better!" she spat at him.

"I suppose Potter could always come and help you. I mean, helping muggle-loving trash like you with these secondhand deeds are what make him a so-called hero, right?" Malfoy asked, still holding Ginny's belongings.

Ginny felt anger rising through her, and before she could get a hold of herself, she growled, "Harry Potter is ten times the hero you will EVER be, Malfoy!"

"You think so!" Draco shouted, leaning into her with so much force that he finished pushing her trunks into the train. His voice was barely a whisper when he continued, "Potter is known for his bloody famous deeds, but what I do is kept secret from poor and unimportant wizarding families like you, Weasley. Haven't you ever wondered who has kept your family around for so long? It wasn't my father, that's for sure! And if I wasn't the Malfoy heir, my say wouldn't count, and you and your beloved Potter wouldn't be here today. Be warned, my protests won't last long, and soon they won't be enough. I can't help you and your BLOODY Gryffindors anymore than I already have. Who knows why I did it, but I did, and I won't listen to your declaration of him being a man, when Dumbledore has to save him everytime he gets himself into trouble!"

Ginny couldn't help herself. She slapped Malfoy for his evil words. He only replied, "I can tell that you're grateful, Weasley." and then, he stalked off, leaving Ginny to find a secluded compartment to think about what he just said.

:***:

Ginny's seclusion didn't last long. As soon as she sat down, there was a concerned voice calling from the other end of the cab.

"Ginny! Are you okay?! Did he hurt you?" Ginny looked up to see Colin Creevey in the doorway. This irritated her more than ever. Colin had had a crush on her since first year. Now that she was single, he wouldn't miss his chance to make his move.

Ginny found herself looking Colin up and down. He'd changed over the summer. His bulgy eyes now fit into his head, his blond hair was spiked, and he had gained quite a few muscles. Go Colin! Ginny thought.

"Did who hurt me?" she asked, remembering his question.

"Malfoy! You slapped him! Did he violate you in any way, Gin?" Colin asked, rushing to her side. "'Cause, if he did, he won't live to see tomorrow!" he declared.

"No Colin, Malfoy didn't hurt me, and I would like to be alone," Ginny replied.

"And leave you here unprotected! Nah! Now see, Ginny-" Colin said, trailing his finger up and down her arm- "That wouldn't be a problem if you would just go out with me. Just one Hogsmeade weekend? PLEASE? I could show you a real good time. We could get a room, and we wouldn't have to leave it if you didn't want to. I could make you forget that Harry Potter ever existed! You could love me instead of that ungrateful little git. One time, and I'll never ask you for anything else! PROMISE!!!" Colin swore, eyes disgustingly pleading.

He had never asked THIS of Ginny, and she was completely shocked. She became aware of her previously irrelevant surroundings. Colin could easily take advantage of the seclusion, making her wish that she hadn't sought out such solitude."N-no, Colin. I've already told you that I just want to be friends with you," Ginny said, becoming scared.

"Please, Gin? That way everyone would know that you were mine! Unless, you've already given yourself to Potter, that is! If you have, I wouldn't mind! Please!!" Colin begged, grabbing Ginny's wrists.

"No, I'm sorry, Colin, but I just don't see you that way," Ginny said softly, struggling against him roughly, with no avail.

"WRONG ANSWER!!!!" Colin shouted, about to attack her.

"Actually, I think it was the right answer, Creevey. Who would want you for a boyfriend? Can't even understand the word no. Tsk, tsk. Even a Slytherin like me would respect Weasley's decision, and back off," a familiar drawl broke through Ginny's despair.

"Malfoy!" Colin yelled, jumping off of Ginny, knowing perfectly well that Malfoy was a prefect, and that he could beat anyone to a pulp who crossed his path, with or without Crabbe and Goyle. "I thought that all of the prefects were having a meeting," he continued, uneasily.

"We did. Due to security problems, each prefect was assigned a compartment to look after for a bit. We rotate every now and then. Since I am the most darkly feared Slytherin prefect, they gave me the one that was most empty. But I guess it was good that I got here when I did, or else you would've taken advantage of poor Weasley here," Draco said, coming to sit down next to Ginny, "And when I said poor, that wasn't an insult to you," he whispered to her.

Colin sat across from them. She had NEVER been so happy to see Draco Malfoy in all her life, because if he hadn't shown up when he did, who knows what Colin might have done.

Colin and Malfoy glared at each other from across the aisle. Colin would continuously kick Malfoy's foot, and Malfoy would kick back. It went on for about two minutes, and then Malfoy decided that it was time to enforce his power. "Weasley seems kind of upset. Creevey, you don't deserve to be here in her presence," Malfoy tried to keep a straight face, nearly losing his concrete control. "Get out!" he ordered forcefully. It was so forceful that even Colin wouldn't argue with him.

Soon enough, she and Malfoy were alone. He was first to break the silence.

"So, what's wrong with Creevey? Is it just because he's not like Potter? If it is, I've got news for you. You're going to live a long lonely life waiting for someone to be better than the image of Potter you've formed in your head."

"I know, I know, Harry Potter isn't all he's cracked-up to be, Malfoy. You don't have to tell me twice." Ginny murmured, unable to stop it.

"What?! Do my ears decieve me, or is the Harry Potter fan-club finally retiring?" Malfoy asked, his face shocked.

"He doesn't deserve any fans! He wouldn't appreciate them. Actually, he never has!" Ginny glared at the floor of the cab.

"What did he do to you?" Malfoy asked, actually sounding more than mildly interested in what she had to say.

"What makes you think that he did anthing to me?" Ginny questioned curtly, lifting her head up to face him.

"Come ON, Weasley! You've been Harry Potter's infamous stalker ever since my second year, no wait, the summer before that term started. Anyway, why the sudden change of heart?"

"Why should I tell you?!" Ginny spat at him.

"Well if you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly Potter's biggest fan. I'm guessing that you need someone to confide in who doesn't worship the very ground he walks upon, right?" Draco said, a smirk forming on his lips.

"Point taken," Ginny said, and continued to tell him everything that happened in the past month. Malfoy had proved to be a great listener. He nodded at all the right times, and made little noises if she gave him too much information. All in all, he never really interrupted her. By the end, Ginny was nearing tears. I won't cry in front of him, she thought, but thinking it just wasn't enough. The overdue tears started falling.

She didn't know what she had expected Malfoy to do, but wiping away her tears wasn't one of the options.

"Don't waste your tears on that undeserving git, Weasley," he whispered softly, trailing his index finger along her jawbone. His touch was pleasurable torture. She'd expected him to be cold, due to his nature, but it was as though he possessed the heat of the sun within his fingertips. He made her hungry, and with every gesture, made her want him more. "Potter doesn't deserve you," he whispered even softer into her ear, the close proximity of him nearly made her lungs explode from lack of oxygen.

He's my brother's worst enemy, she kept trying to tell herself, as she looked into his gorgeous eyes. He was about to say something when there was a large beeping sound, and the conductor's voice came over an invisible intercom.

"Will all the prefects please rotate to the next compartment," it ordered, rather than asked.

"Got to go. Duty calls," Malfoy said, getting to his feet, and leaving Ginny gasping for air, wishing he'd come back, and then wishing that she hadn't wished it.

The next prefect was Hermione. Great!

"Ginny! I've been looking for you everywhere! "she squealed.

"Well, obviously not eveywhere," Ginny said sarcastically, but secretly thankful that she hadn't walked in a minute earlier.

"Gin, I HAVE to talk to you!" Hermione continued, as if she hadn't heard her comment, "Harry's really sorry! He wants to apologize!"

"Apologize for what?! I don't care about him anymore!" Ginny declared, loving the way it sounded.

"Now, Ginny, you don't mean that," Hermione said, trying to make Ginny understand, but it was only giving her a hotter head.

"Of course I do, and I don't appreciate you telling me that I don't!" Ginny screamed, but her pleas had fallen on deaf ears.

"Yes, you do! You love him, and he loves you-"

"DON'T EVER MAKE DECLARATIONS ON THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, HERMIONE! IF HE LOVED ME-"

"He does! Harry's just-"

"Harry, Harry, Harry! Is that ALL everybody cares about? You haven't once asked ME how I was dealing with this! Oh no, you just waltz in here, expecting me to be jumping for joy that he wants to apologize! Well, maybe I won't except his apology, because he doesn't even know what he's apologizing for! Get it through your head, Hermione! He doesn't want to be with me, so why should he apologize? He's done NOTHING wrong! Yes, I feel like hating him for his decision, but I don't. It's just awkward being around him, and I'm not ready yet. DON'T force me!" Ginny screamed at a rigid Hermione.

"Ginny, if you could just-" she started, but she was cut off, yet again, by a very outraged Ginny.

"HAVE YOU HEARD NOTHING THAT I HAVE JUST SAID? DID ALL MY WORDS GO IN ONE EAR AND OUT OF THE OTHER? I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HIM!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD!!! IS MALFOY THE ONLY ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS?!" Ginny shouted.

"Malfoy?" Hermione wondered aloud.

"Yes, Malfoy! Now go tell Ron, like the good little prefect you are, that I've been fraternizing with the enemy!!!!" Ginny yelled, not caring anymore.

"I won't tell-"

"Leave me alone!!" Ginny screamed at the older girl.

"I can't. I have prefect duties." Hermione said calmly.

"It's not like I'm going to go anywhere. Please, leave me be," Ginny pleaded, and without any more arguing, Ginny was left alone. She was still alone by the time the Hogwarts Express pulled up to the station. She was in the last compartment, and no prefect even bothered to check if there was anyone in there, not even Ron.

Please review! *Get's down on knees to beg* Did you like it? Hate it? Have any requests?
Leave a Review