It's Not Always Rainbows and Butterflies


Ginny, dearest, why do you want to hurt me so? Going to the Halloween Mask with Malfoy? What would your mother say?

Tom, shut-up. You know you never cared about me. It was always about you. Draco asked me to go to the mask with him, and I love him. Why wouldn't I want to go with him? As for my mother, Draco saved my life. Malfoy or not, she owes him.

Why lie to yourself, Virginia. You know nothing about him! For all you know, he could be using-

I know he loves me, and would never do anything to hurt me. He told me so.

Did he actually say, 'Virginia, I love you, and would never hurt you?' Don't you know, Malfoys are world reknowned for what liars they are. Lucius swore up and down that he didn't put my diary in your cauldron as Harry Potter had accused. Everyone believed him! Malfoys can charm anyone in anyway they want to. Look at your brother. After years of torment, Draco has worked his way into the soft spot of Ron's heart. Don't you think he planned it?

I can see it in his eyes. He means everything he says.

Malfoys can control their emotions. They can make people believe-

If he's so bad, then why are you so threatened?


***

Draco felt as though he were about to burst. Ginny was everything he'd always wanted. She was his reason to get up in the morning and motivation to move on to the next day. He knew she was going to go to the Halloween Mask with him, but he still thought that it would be the polite thing to ask. He wasn't shocked when she'd answered yes. Tonight was the night that they'd make their relationship public. At precisely midnight, they would unmask each other, and share their love with the world. Draco didn't care if the world was pleased or not, as long as Ginny was happy.

Never thought that would ever be in my mind, but now, it's all I seem to think about.

Draco grabbed a towel from his bathroom, and headed down to the prefect's bath. There were three hours left till he met Ginny at the Room of Requirement, and it took him that long just to wash his hair.

***

Ginny,

There's been a change in plans. I do believe it would be more suitable for both of us if we met outside the Great Hall. That way, we could make a dramatic entrance without having the extra walking. The boots I'm wearing kill my feet, and I'm sure your shoes don't permit your feet much space, either. Please write back and let me know if this change is acceptable.

Love always and Forever,

Draco


She wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. Draco and shoes sounded a little reasonable, but there was something wrong about it. She didn't feel right.

Besides, Draco never signs 'Love always and Forever.' He always just signs his name.

Too right, Virginia. I wouldn't want you getting yourself into a fix. That isn't Maloy's owl anyway, is it?


Ginny looked at the owl perched next to her window. It was definately not Draco's regal eagle owl. It was, in fact, a snow owl, much like Hedwig. She didn't know why she hadn't noticed it before.

Maybe because someone glamoured it to look like Malfoy's owl?

Well, I'll just have to write them back, then

Dear ' Draco,'

I hope you realize that I realize that this is not Draco Malfoy to whom I write this letter. I want you to know that I'm on to you. Leave me alone!

'Love always and Forever,'

Ginny Weasley


She sent the letter, and pulled her lilac robes out of the closet. They were the most expensive thing she ownes, and loved it to pieces. The cut was exquisite, and clung to all the right places. It was amazing just what a few shrinking charms could do. She did her hair to look as though she had a waterfall of crimson waves cascading down her back, and her make-up polished her already gorgeous features. She sprayed a little tantalizing perfume on her neck and a little spritz on her breasts. Lastly, she grabbed her mask. She'd made it herself. It was sequinned lilac and had rhinestones around the edges. The ribbon was silk that she'd "borrowed" from Lavendar. She tied it, and looked at the clock. Three hours had so quickly flown by. She stood up, smoothed out her gown, and went on her way.

***

Draco checked his watch. She was late.

The dinner starts at 6:00, and it is now 6:01! Where could she be? She sent me that letter saying to meet her here, and now, where is she? It's amazing how forgetful one person can be! Ah, here she comes! Wait, those footsteps are way too heavy to be Ginny's.

"Hello?" he beckoned on top of the Astronomy Tower.

"Sorry, Malfoy. I never thought I'd be the one to have to do this to you, but I wish you the best in Hell."

This seems to be happening alot lately! It's getting to be predictable.

***

"You look gorgeous tonight, Gin, but I do wish I didn't have to walk so far. Yes, I am the real Draco Malfoy," he whispered in her ear as they walked to the mask.

"That was you? Oh, Draco, I'm so sorry! I thought-"

"I know what you thought, and it's my fault," he said, seeing th blush grace her cheeks.

"Wow, Draco Malfoy admitting her was wrong. That's a huge step. I didn't even think those words were even in your vocabulary," Ginny said ashtonished.

They'd reached the Great Hall, now, ready to enter. The plan had been to go in seprately, so they didn't attract too much attention. "Ready?" he asked her.

"Of course. I love you," Ginny said, kissing him on the cheek, and then she walked in.

"Mission accomplished, Tom," he whispered when the oak door shut.

Sorry for another cliff hanger, and short chapter. My mind just told me to leave it there. Thanks to all you who review. It makes me want to write more! Chapter 13 is on the way!
Leave a Review