AN: It’s just a small piece of fluffiness that I wrote while waiting for my beta to get done with her beta-ing... I’m all tied up in a new fic, so far there’s only three chapters but I’m determined to finish it! I had urges to write fluff and I didn’t want to put it in that fic too soon, so I wrote this...


The Eternal Gesture


It started by her mending his quill in the library. He had been on the last line of his potion’s essay that was due next period and his quill had busted. She was writing a short essay for Astronomy class, and was sitting next to him when it happened. She brushed her long bangs out of her face and took the quill from his hand. With a quick swish and flick of her wand it was repaired and she gave it back to him.He didn’t point out that he could have done it well enough on his own he merely went back to his essay and they sat in silence. It was the first gesture either of them made.


Then he had to cover for Snape during her detention. She had been given thirty minutes for talking and was assigned to making a headache healing potion. He had sat at Snape’s desk, his feet propped on a stack of graded papers, leaning back on the back two legs of his chair. They were silent most of the time. Her bangs had gotten in her way again and she pulled her hair out of the low ponytail it was in. He lost his balance from shock of seeing how she looked with her hair down. She saw him fall and laughed before pulling her hair back again. He told her she had nice hair. That was the second gesture.


The next day he watched her practice alone on the quidditch pitch. She didn’t tell him to leave, and he stayed silent until she landed beside him. She asked what he thought and he answered honestly. She offered to help him in Astronomy if he helped her with her flying. That was the third gesture.


A month later she found him in the Owlery, angrily skimming a note he had recieved from home. She waited by the doorway and heard chopped up words that he read out loud. He let out a string of curse words when he was done reading. He happened to look up and see her staring at him. She told him he had a dirty mouth and he laughed before throwing the note at her feet. She picked it up and read it then gave it back to him. They were both silent for a minute or two until she wrappedher arms around his waist and gave him a tight hug. She told him what he did was right. That it was honorable ; she didn’t say brave because she knew he would laugh and say he wasn’t a Gryffindor. When she pulled away he sat down on an overturned crate and motioned for her to sit next to him. He told her everything. That was the fourth gesture.


The fifth gesture was an accident. He found her hiding from the rain underneath the Quidditch bleachers and offered her his robe. They shared it and talked about what had happened over their winter hols. He told her about his dad, she told him about Percy and they both listened. When she asked him about his mother he clammed up. She waited patiently as he stared down at her. He said she had an eyelash on her cheek. Without thinking he brushed it off with his thumb;his hand rested on her cheek longer than he had intended. He lowered his hand and told her about his mother. In return she gave him a kiss; a quick press of her lips on his jaw line. She let him wrap an arm around her waist and pull her closer as they waited for the rain to let up.


He found her in the rose garden during the Leaving Feast. He sat down beside her on the bench and offered her his robe. He felt her dress was too revealing and he hadn’t liked the way Potter had been dancing with her. He didn’t tell her though, and they sat side by side in silence. She talked first, in a whisper so no one could overhear. She told him how Harry had tried to kiss her. He interuppted her and remarked about how she wore her hair down. She told him how Harry had grabbed her bum when they were dancing. He tried his best to think of something else to interupt her with but she stopped and looked at him. She slipped her hand in his and he rubbed her knuckles with his thumb. Harry and Ron stepped out from the rose bush behind them and screamed at Draco. She punched her brother for him. That was the sixth gesture.


When Crabbe and Goyle were hunting down the food trolley, Ginny slipped into Draco’s compartment and sat down beside him. He told her about his plans of finding his mother while his father was still in Azkaban. She listened patiently and told him he was doing the right thing. She gave him a small kiss on the cheek and prepared to leave when he stopped her. He promised to write. She gave him a tight hug and he kissed her on the lips for the first time. They cried for each other. That was the seventh gesture.


She opened his letters every Sunday and reread them until they began to tear at the creases. They told of how he found his mother in France, living with some of her old friends from school. They described the many girls he dated. They told of how he couldn’t forget her, and how he was ashamed he had tried. Most importantly, they told when he was coming home. Ginny was at the apparation point when he arrived. He introduced her to his mother. That was the eighth gesture.


He faced certain death and attended a Sunday meal at the Burrow. He did his best not to lose his temper with Ron. He tried his hardest to convince her other brothers of his sincerity. He swallowed his pride and complimented Molly’s cooking. He burried the hatchet and remarked on how well mannered, and intellegent Hermione’s children were. He kept from throwing silverware when Harry began to hound him about his father. He asked for Arthur’s approval while having a smoke on the front porch. That was the ninth gesture.


She wore her hair down on her wedding day. They slipped the rings on each others fingers and said their vows. She shoved a large piece of cake in his face and he made a whispered threat that she would pay later. He made sure he was gentle. She whispered, sobbed, and screamed his name. They promised to love each other until death. That was the tenth gesture.


She changed his life from dark to light, then shared it with him. That was the eternal gesture.






AN: hehehehe, so very, very fluffy. ::bounces around:: Hope you enjoyed it!
The End.
torndeception is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 11 members. Members who liked The Eternal Gesture also liked 1156 other stories.
Leave a Review