I still don’t know if writing and posting this is a useful thing, or the height of horrible hubris. ;) But, enough people have asked so that it seems worthwhile. So for your reading pleasure, here it is…

A Field Guide to the Anise-Verse.


Really, you only need to understand two things about the Aniseverse, and you’ll do fine.

1.) All Anisefics end up being D/G, or at the very least having a reference to D/G.

2.) ALMOST all Anisefics are connected. They are all AU’s of each other.

Ready? Here’s your bug spray… your backpack… your pemmican bars… and don’t forget your butterfly net! Off we go.


Anisefics tend to be located in one of two places. Many of them are in both. These two are Mynuet’s archive, www.dracoandginny.com, and Schnoogle. BUT… and it’s a big but…. (and isn’t there always a big but in the way?)… NC-17 fics cannot be archived on Fictionalley. Therefore, the NC-17 version is generally on Mynuet’s archive, or, if the story doesn’t contain enough D/G for that, on restrictedsection.org. For the Schnoogle version, I’m just going to give the general link for the ones that are on Schnoogle. I’ve grouped these by the AU group to which they belong. BTW, these are all rated R.

The Jewel of the Harem Aniseverse:

Title: The Jewel of the Harem
Link: Schnoogle
FIA
Summary: Draco's the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. Ginny's a mutinous slave in his harem. Ah, how did this happen? The year is 1563. It is a world of great pagaentry, beauty, savagery, violence, and intrigue. And things just got a whole more complicated. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Ginny have traveled backwards through time with Professor Moody. They sail on an Elizabethan galleon towards Istanbul in a desperate race to find the mysterious talisman of power, the Jewel of the Harem. But they'll have to beat Lucius Malfoy to it and he's aided by Draco and the ancient dark wizard Grindelwald, who makes Voldemort look like Disney's Aladdin...

Important notes: Yes, this has actually been started again. Miracles will never cease!!! It’s the fic that started it all, although if you haven’t read most of the fics and you want to know where to start, The Bat-Bogeys Cometh is a better place.
How many chapters up: 20
Completed: No.
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through GoF originally, although it definitely takes OotP into consideration. But it will indeed incorporate both HBP and Book 7. As well as anything else that JKR ever writes.
Amount of D/G:A lot, but it’s also a very, VERY plot-heavy book.
Nature of D/G: Not nearly as creepy as Unforgivable or QatD, but Draco has a long way to go before he admits the feelings he has for Ginny.
Any sex?: Yes, but not yet.
How it fits into the Anise-verse: This is the main AU of the Anise-verse, actually. Everything else relates to it. In this universe, Voldemort found that he couldn’t get enough power to take shape after Harry originally beat him in the graveyard at the end of GoF. So the DE’s formulate a complicated plot to go back in time and get the Jewel of the Harem, which is a talisman that will give them enough power to bring both Voldemort and Grindelwald together in the same reality. They need Ginny for this.


The Heavenly Creatures Aniseverse:

Title: The Bat-Bogeys Cometh
Link: Schnoogle
FIA
Summary: In his fifth year, Draco was moving towards a dark destiny... and slowly, inexorably, he began to pull Ginny in. Find out what *really* happened between those two during the events of Order of the Phoenix. Harry didn't know the half of it...
Important notes: I loved, LOVED writing this one.
How many chapters up: 5
Completed: YES! YES! YES! Ahem.
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.
Amount of D/G:A lot. Their relationship is the absolute focus of this entire fic.
Nature of D/G: Strange, lots of unadmitted attraction.
Any sex?: More UST than you can shake a stick at, but nobody has sex. Ginny has to wait.
How it fits into the Anise-verse:It actually began when I wondered what really happened between Draco and Ginny during the events of OotP. There were some unresolved things in canon that still strike me as strange to this very day… Anyway, it’s the first book in the HC trilogy.



Title: Heavenly Creatures
Link: Schnoogle
FIA (not as many chapters up as on Schnoogle, though)

Summary: It is the summer of 1997, and all Hogwarts walks in fear. Six months earlier, Death Eaters attacked the Hogwarts train on its return from the Christmas holidays, killing some students, and taking others back with them. And Ginny saw the final fall of Draco Malfoy. Little does she know that the worst is yet to come. Yet she cannot stop trying to figure out the point of inevitability, the last chance to change the events that are bearing down on her like an avalanche. She may not know, but she can remember that last summer before it all began, the summer at Twelve Grimmauld Place with Sirius Black... and the secrets Harry did not know.
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.
How many chapters up: 11
Completed: Nope
Amount of D/G: Quite a lot, but also a lot of plot. There’s actually a lot more to come.
Nature of D/G: During the flashback sequence, which goes back to the OotP summer right before Harry showed up, both Draco and Ginny were not admitting their attraction to each other at all. Once it gets back to 1997… well, you’ll see!
Any sex?: Not exactly, but there are D/G scenes, and there’s a scene with Sirius and Ginny that some might find a tad bit squicky. I tried to make it as tasteful as I could.
How it fits into the Anise-verse: It’s the AU to JotH. In JotH it’s the AU that the Death Eaters are actually trying to get back to because they believe that if they merge it with their own, they’ll gain enough power to have both Grindelwald and Voldemort. It’s the second book in the HC trilogy.

Title: Man In Black
Link: In notebooks in my bedroom.
Summary: Two and a half years after the events of Heavenly Creatures, the Death Eaters have won. Or at least it looks that way. Ron and Ginny have been on the run all that time, and when he’s captured, Ginny will do anything to save his life. Unfortunately, she can’t make a bargain with anyone except Draco Malfoy… and she only has one thing left to bargain with.
Important notes:
How many chapters up: 0
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP. But by the time this comes out, it will take HBP into consideration, I think.
Completed: Actually, it almost is. But in notebook form.
Amount of D/G: It’s pretty much all D/G.
Nature of D/G: Very powertrippy.
Any sex?: Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots. Oh my.
How it fits into the Anise-verse: At the end of MiB, Ginny makes a decision that leads directly to the JotH-iverse. I can’t tell you how right now. ;) It’s the third and last book in the HC trilogy.

Title: Of Binding Spells and Chartreuse
Link: Schnoogle
FIA (NC-17)
Summary: By the spring of her fifth year, Ginny Weasley had almost convinced herself that she didn’t really still want Harry Potter. But when he finally kissed her one Hogsmeade weekend in June, she couldn’t resist the power of all those years of waiting and watching and hoping and praying. Six months later, her dream has finally come true… except that Draco Malfoy just won’t leave her alone. Strange things are afoot, and once Ginny starts to figure out what’s really going on, nothing is as simple as it seems…
Important notes: You may be flabbergasted by the fluffiness at first, but this fic is not at all what it seems to be. Just keep reading… Oh, and it’s called Bound on Mynuet’s site.
How many chapters up: 13
Completed: YES!!!
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.
Amount of D/G: An awful lot. However, I will warn you that there’s also H/G.
Nature of D/G:A whole lot fluffier than usual in the Aniseverse.
Any sex?: Yes. Woo-hoo! Draco and Ginny actually get to that point in an Anisefic!
How it fits into the Anise-verse: Originally, this started out as a fic for the Draco and Ginny listserv Ficmas drive. Of course, it ended up fitting into the Aniseverse. It takes place during the events of Heavenly Creatures. You will be confused by this statement at first, since it doesn’t seem possible. But it is. Just keep reading.

Title: Lucius Malfoy’s Good Girl
Link: Schnoogle
Summary: Since childhood, Pansy has known that she's destined for Draco. Trouble is, she hates him, he despises her, and his frustrated desires are turned towards Ginny Weasley, the one person on the face of the earth who is most forbidden to him. This doesn't fit into Lucius Malfoy's plans at all. So one autumn afternoon at the manor, he teaches Pansy a lesson in seduction, lust, and the twisted paths of power...
How many chapters up: One
Completed: YES!
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.
Amount of D/G:Referred to a lot, but the main ship is Lucius/Pansy. Don’t look at me like that.
Nature of D/G: Very frustrated on Draco’s side.
Any sex?: Oh, yes.
How it fits into the Anise-verse: It’s a short fic from Pansy’s POV about what happened during the summer right before OotP, which is the time frame for Heavenly Creatures. A little squicky, but it’s all consensual.





The Quick and the Dead Aniseverse:

Title: The Quick and the Dead
Link: Schnoogle
FIA
Summary: On a spring morning at the end of his seventh year at Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy stepped out of the shadows that hid him in the prefect’s bathroom, where Ginny Weasley was swimming. When she saw him, she didn’t behave sensibly at all. So of course he had no choice but to do what he did next… or at least, that’s the way Draco remembers it. Now, it’s two years later, and Draco is about to learn the hard way that his bond with Ginny can never be broken… and that nothing which begins, ever really ends.

Important notes: This has been called the squickiest HP thing ever written. I’ve also been told that it has the creepiest Draco, AND the creepiest Ginny, that the readers have ever seen. I’m REALLY sorry about this, but it had to be.
How many chapters up: 9
Completed: No, although it really is completed in outline form, and a LOT is written.
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP. It’s one of the few Anisefics that starts out post-Hogwarts, when Draco is 20 years old.
Amount of D/G: A lot, although there are also references to Draco/Pansy, Draco/Millicent, Draco/hookers, R/Hr, Ron/Luna, Millicent/Luna, H/Hr, Harry/Tonks, and some ships I won’t name here.
Nature of D/G: Creepy, creepy, creepy, sad, and poignant.
Any sex?: Ahem. Yes.
How it fits into the Anise-verse: This fic started out as a sequel to Szarenea’s Slave. Now, if you’ve read that, you probably remember that Draco kills Ginny in it, and then keeps her preserved body on the other half of his bed for an unspecified length of time, which I decided was two and a half years. That’s the starting point of QatD. What intrigued me were two questions: What if Draco spent a lot of time convincing himself that he never really meant to kill her, and what if he eventually tried to bring her back to life? So it goes from there. However, it does indeed fit into the Aniseverse, which will become clear at the very end, and it also refers to OBSaC’s places and things at some points.

The Unforgivable Aniseverse:

Title: Unforgivable
Link: FIA
Summary: Draco found Ginny in an abandoned classroom just after the Christmas holidays in Ginny's fifth year, and he did something unforgivable. But then, later on, she found him... and they both found that their combined fates could not be fought.
Important notes: Kind of disturbing, I’ll warn you right now.
How many chapters up: 10
Completed: YES!
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.
Amount of D/G: Lots, lots, lots.
Nature of D/G: Well, that’s where the disturbing part comes in…
Any sex?: Oh, yes.
How it fits into the Anise-verse: At the end, we find out why we’ve been seeing all these AU’s involving Draco and Ginny. Although in a way, that raises more questions than it answers.


Miscellaneous fics that Anise wrote, but they don’t really fit into the Aniseverse:

Title:Mea Culpa, Confiteor
Link: Astronomy Tower
Summary: Guilt. Confession. Sex. Betrayal. The agonizing power of human choice. They all collide when the Hogwarts train runs off the tracks near Coventry with Draco, Harry, Ginny in a marooned car... and a mystery brooding over them they can't begin to imagine.

Important notes: One of the first fanfics I ever wrote. Meh. The characterizations strike me as being a bit off now, but you know, I still like it.
How many chapters up: 3
Completed: YES!
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.
Amount of D/G:A lot. There’s remembrance of H/D past too, though.
Nature of D/G:Kinda weird.
Any sex?: Yes, oh yes.
How it fits into the Anise-verse:It doesn’t. I hadn’t started the concept of an Aniseverse yet, although I can see how I was starting to develop the D/G relationship. This also has the distinction of being the only thing I’ve put up anywhere yet that has any hints of slash in it. Harry and Draco had a relationship at one point, and they both remember it.

Title: Myrtle’s Choice
Link: Astronomy Tower
Summary: In the fall of his sixth year, Harry slips further and further into despair-- until he finds comfort from a most unlikely source. What the living can't understand, the dead sometimes do, or at least that turns out to be true of Myrtle. But when they both crave the love that's forbidden between ghosts and humans, Myrtle finds that she must make a deal with the Endless to get what she wants. And those bargains have a way of being costly
Important notes: This fic is my unwanted stepchild. It has the fewest reviews and the fewest hits of anything I’ve ever written, but you know, I really like it. Some people have said it’s the only fic they’ve ever read that make them believe Harry/Myrtle could actually happen, for whatever THAT’S worth.
How many chapters up:One
Completed: YES!
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.
Amount of D/G:Only a hint.
Nature of D/G:Doesn’t seem friendly.
Any sex?: Oh, yes. There’s an NC-17 version on restrictedsection.org, too.
How it fits into the Anise-verse:It really doesn’t, but it kinda could.

Title: Requiem for Draco’s Dream
Link: Astronomy Tower
Summary: Evil, evil, evil Draco. Paragon-who's-saving-the-world Ginny, sticking tiresomely to goody-goody Harry. And only one hotel room. They're SO tired from their search for King Arthur's sword in Avalon...but then again, maybe not as tired as they thought. But she thoroughly despises him. Doesn't she? Oh, and various gods, goddesses, and immortal beings begin to meddle in the affairs of mortals. It's Halloween night, when the veil between the worlds grows thin... Set in Irina's Pendragon universe.
Important notes: This was written for Irina’s Halloween fic challenge a couple of years ago.
How many chapters up:One.
Completed: YES!
How well does it fit into canon?: Really, it fits into Irina’s canon for her Pendragon trilogy.
Amount of D/G: All D/G, all the time!
Nature of D/G:Oh, so angsty.
Any sex?: Lots!
How it fits into the Anise-verse: It doesn’t; it fits into the Irina-verse. But I like this one a LOT. It does fit into the Anise-verse in spirit, IMHO.

Title: The Spirit of Valentine’s Day, aka Anise’s Only MST Fic
Link: FIA
Summary: Harry, Hermione, Draco, and Ginny are forced to endure detention with Snape. What does he make them do? Why, read bad fanfic, of course. My one and only MST.
Important notes: I still snicker at this one.
How many chapters up: One
Completed: YES!
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through GoF
Amount of D/G: Quite a bit, but also H/Hr, R/Hr, HG/SS, and R/H.
Nature of D/G: Highly amusing.
Any sex?: Yes, but only the badfic portion is actually NC-17. Remember how fanfiction.net used to host NC-17 fics? Well, that was one of them.
How it fits into the Anise-verse: It doesn’t. But it’s funny.

Title: Chocolate Shags
Link: FIA
Summary:
The good news is that magical chocolate really does foster romance. The bad news is that at Hogwarts, everyone’s been giving it to everyone else… including the giant squid. Can Draco save Ginny from the horrors of H/G?
Important notes: This began as a discussion on the CS H/G thread about how silly it was to say that chocolate was a symbol of romance, because of all the characters who’d given it to each other. It just kinda went from there.
How many chapters up: One.
Completed: Yes.
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through OotP.
Amount of D/G:Lots.
Nature of D/G: Humorous.
Any sex?: Implied. It’s a rare PG-13, actually.
How it fits into the Anise-verse: It doesn’t. Funny, though, and very short.


Title: Sex, Sex, and (oh yes) Just a Spot More Sex, As Well As Some Spam
Link: Riddikulus
Summary:
Pity poor Draco Malfoy. His stunning looks, charm, and wealth have snagged boys, girls, house elves, garden gnomes, grindylows, and inanimate objects alike, but little Ginny Weasley may turn out to be the biggest challenge of all...and opposition comes from a most unexpected source.
Important notes: My first fanfic!
How many chapters up: One.
Completed: Yes.
How well does it fit into canon?: Up through GoF.
Amount of D/G:Lots.
Nature of D/G: Humorous.
Any sex?: Well, not as such.
How it fits into the Anise-verse:It doesn’t. But it’s very funny  More than worth reading, if only for the line: “And do you have any idea of the agony of being babysat by Lord Voldemort?" Also, it’s a Monty Python crossover.

There are also two other fics up on Riddikulus (Ginny and Draco Do America and I Still Miss My Valentine (But My Aim Is Getting Better,) but the problem is that I don’t know if they’ll ever be completed, so I can’t in good conscience send you to them. They’re funny, though.

Of course, there are also a few other things I’ve written that aren’t posted anywhere, or are posted in some weird place that I don’t want to track down right now. I began a crossover between HP and William Gibson’s Neuromancer, which is still an idea that interests me. Some of that will get into the latter part of JotH (if we all live that long, and the apocalypse doesn’t come first.) I started on a Harry/Narcissa fic that never really went anywhere. I wrote a very intriguing short fic called “Quarks.” It’s one of the very few HP fics I’ve ever seen that has a lot of hard SF. However, it doesn’t have any D/G, so I can’t host it at Mynuet’s site. I might put it up at TDA eventually.

My very first fanfic (not the first one ever published, which was Sex, Sex, and A Spot More Sex) was a long and horrifyingly awful thing called The Sins of the Fathers, aka Guilty As Sin. Very, very bad D/G. No, I’m serious… incredibly bad. It had every cliché except Mary Sue, I think, including PerfectandGorgeous!Ginny, Abusive!Lucius, and SensitiveandMisunderstood!Draco. Oh, and also the Mall of America. (I’m not kidding.) Most of it is actually up on the Pillar of Fire Yahoo group, but I’m NOT posting it anywhere else.

I wrote chapters for All You Need Is Love and DMP’s Wolf By Ears as part of a fic drive. I think they’re up on FA somewhere. Also, I wrote an essay for Nimbus 2003; it’s up somewhere in cyberspace.


Here’s the location of some art I’ve done. I’m canceling this Earthlink account, though, so it won’t be up much longer here!! Contact me if you really want to see it:

The Ginny series

Icon

Lower res version

Draco pencil sketch

Ginny pencil sketch, Angsty!Ginny

Ron pencil sketch

Draco walk cycle_02

Most Days

Third walk cycle (goofy walk in rain cloud with dialogue)

JotH the Movie




FAQ’S:


What order should I read these in?
If you happened upon these as a result of reading one of the shorter fics like Unforgivable, the best place to start is The Bat-Bogeys Cometh, and then go on to Heavenly Creatures and Of Binding Spells and Chartreuse. THEN tackle JotH.

Why do the Endless keep showing up?
I like Neil Gaiman’s Sandman series. ;) Also, I think it has a lot to do with a running theme in my writing. It’s the kind of thing you can see in Greek tragedies. If you read Sophocles’ Oedipus cycle, you’re never really sure if the gods or human choice are driving events.

Who’s Marie-France, and why is she so important?
Ah… that’s the question, isn’t it? ;) Here’s what we know about Marie-France to date: she has red hair and brown eyes, but doesn’t really look like Ginny, she’s supposedly Draco’s cousin, she speaks with a very faint French accent, and she’s very mysterious. In JotH, she was Draco’s first lover when he had just turned sixteen and had been sent to her house on the coast of the south of France over the Christmas holidays. It was such a painful episode that he doesn’t want to think about it at all. In OBSaC, but the situation was a little different. Boys from very old wizarding families are often sent to the Crystal Palace in Hogsmeade to be initiated into the world of sex by experienced older women, who teach them over a period of several months. That’s how Marie-France was Draco’s first lover in that universe. However, she mysteriously disappeared. In TBBC/HC/MiB, we don’t see Marie-France at all, and there’s a very important reason why (it’s revealed at the end of MiB.)

This has been an Official Tour of the Aniseverse (tm.) Please return all camping equipment at the door, and we hope you have enjoyed your journey. If you have any additional questions, I may add another chapter to the Tour.

~end~
Leave a Review