Hmm, all right, I think I'm starting to grasp onto the plot here. Ginny, Draco, Siruis, and I can't remember who else (Marie-France?) are the only people who can free Loki from his imprisonment, right? So he's making all these little worlds, hoping that in one of them, someone will agree to free him? Or do Ginny and Draco have to fall in love or something? Because otherwise he could have tried to convince Draco to free him after he killed Ginyn in this universe. Am I sort of on the right track? JotH is one of Loki's little universe's in a glass ball right? And QatD as well? TBBC and HC are in Canonverse, and OBSaC was just a dream in that verse. But is this also one of Loki's little glass balls? Loki said he was thinking about creating a universe in which Sirius goes through the veil, but that's already happened in TBBC/HC Canonverse, so does this story take place before that? Perhaps this happened before Loki tried his luck in that verse? Now I'm confusing myself. Can you shed any light on this without giving away the plotline? Anyway, I enjoyed this story regardless of where it fits in to the big timeline. It was dark and sad, and yet you couldn't help but root for these two characters to come together in their 'not quite' search for redemption and justice. Isn't it always fun to kill off a character because you know it's just an AU? :) Nice job, I loved it.

-Jen's review, which sparked the new chapter idea

I typed out a long new chapter to the Guide in response to this AND THE COMPUTER ATE IT. (weeps inconsolably) Horrible, horrible, evil computer...

The fourth person who can help Loki escape hasn't been revealed yet. Big secret.
Loki keeps making little AU's because he hasn't hit on one yet that works. In some of them, Sirius is dead, in some of them he isn't, in some of them, Neville is the chosen one from the prophecy instead of Harry, or Hermione's sister lived, or they're all living in the post-nuclear apocalypse... you get the idea. What Loki hasn't figured out yet is that the key is the choices Draco and Ginny make. When he does figure that out, he creates the JotH-iverse. Actually, that's a joint project between Ginny and Loki, but I can't reveal why, or how. At the end of MiB, Ginny makes a decision that creates the JotH-iverse.

Now, I promised quite a while ago that the Aniseverses would take any and all canon into account. And they will. Here's how they do it. According to my scheme of things, canon itself is one of Loki's AU's. That's why, at the end of Unforgivable, he mentions the woman who wrote books based on the realities he created. That's JKR. So as Draco and Ginny become aware of all the AU's-- and they will-- they also become aware of whatever happens in HBP and Unnamed Book 7. Tricsky, isn't it? ;) I think that reality, however-- the reality of JKR's canon-- will not be a happy one from the POV of D/G (or of Draco, to be perfectly honest.) And some of Loki's AU's aren't happy in the least. In some of them, Draco and Ginny never get together at all. There are several where he goes to Durmstrang and she goes to Hogwarts, and they never even meet. There are some where he turns out to be gay, and some where she does. There are a few where Draco has a savage and rather hate-filled fling with Ron (those REALLY don't end well.) In one, Ginny has a long and happy partnership with Luna, and they're both Aurors. On the night before an important battle, she has a long conversation with Draco, and they have a meeting of the minds. But then, the next day, they both die. (Sad really.) There's even one where Draco has a long affair with Charlie Weasley and spends a lot of time Transfiguring into a dragon (don't ask!) And then there are the AU's where, as in canon, Draco and Ginny simply never walk the path that would lead to exploring what lies between them.

These are very outweighed, however, by all the AU's in which Draco and Ginny have... something. They strike sparks when they meet, and these tend to burst into flame. But all the endings are unhappy in one way or another, at least for them... until the JotH reality comes along.

So, hopefully this cleared up some questions. Maybe it created others! Either way, happy reading... and keep asking!
To Be Continued.
Anise is the author of 56 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked A Field Guide to the Aniseverse also liked 26 other stories.
Leave a Review