The Silent Treatment

Draco raced ahead of his friends to catch up with his angry girlfriend. After their fight three days ago she hadn't breathed a word to him nor did she look at him even once. It was as if he didn't exist and it was driving him nuts! Enough so, that the usually cool, charming and impeccable Malfoy was gone and was replaced with an angry, anxious, and very desperate boyfriend.

He sidled up to her just as she entered the great hall and called her name. She neither looked up nor turned around. In fact she acted as if she hadn't heard. That’s how bad it was. He rolled his eyes and reached for her, wrapping one long arm around her waist and pulling her against him.

“Are you going to be angry with me forever?” he asked like a petulant child.

She still said nothing, though she wriggled a bit to get out of his arms and turned her head to glare at him.

He took that as a 'Yes.'

“Geez woman!” Draco yelled loudly, catching the undivided attention of half the hall. The other half caught on quickly as they saw the unusual couple. “When are you going to forgive me? I've apologized a thousand times and still you won’t open that big mouth of yours!”

Her glare intensified but Draco was beyond caring; he was wild with frustration. “Bloody Hell, say something!”

She didn't open those lovely lips but her hand went to her hips and the look she gave him spoke volumes.

“I’m not going crazy,” Draco answered her star, “You and your damn silent treatment is driving me up a wall!”

She sent him a self-satisfied grin and turned to walk off. “Oh no you don’t.” Draco grabbed her arm to keep her with him. “You’re not leaving my side until you say something to me. Anything!”

She tossed back her delightful mane of red hair, folded her arms, stuck out a hip and stood in a bored sort of way that said she was prepared to wait him out. Normally Draco would have reciprocated the stance, but gone was the cool persona. He was reduced to the passionate, hot- blooded lover that only she could bring him to.

Mutinously, he glared at her.

Only she and no one else. If only he’d had sense enough to fall in love with someone nice and blasé, then he wouldn't have had the trouble of trying to handle a beautiful, hellish shrew who countered his every word. Who had him worrying about her safety half the time he was alive and who was generally a walking, talking, breathing, disaster.

As her elegantly shaped eyebrow rose, he only just realized he’d said the words out loud. Screamed it in fact. Someone in the hall dropped a glass in shock but Draco paid no heed. “Well?” he asked. “Are you going to say something then?”

Regally, she shook her head, no.

Draco gritted his teeth half in annoyance and half in amusement. This little thing who barely weighed much could control him and amuse him to no end at the same time. Pulling out all the stops, Draco sent her a pleading look before going down to his knees on the floor looking up at her.

“You can even say you think I’m a git or something,” he pleaded in his best begging voice. “Not hearing your voice is driving me crazy. Say something!” She showed no signs of doing so, but that amused glint in her eyes and her wide smile edged him on. Draco even clasped his hands and drew them up to his face in desperation. “I’ll even massage your feet forever and a day without complaint. All you have to do is say something.” Then he did the unthinkable; he gulped and muttered for her ears alone, “Please.”

Ginny Weasley burst into giggles and as a triumphant gleam surfaced in her boyfriend’s eyes, she threw herself at him. “Oh, I love you Draco! I love all of you!”

“Ooff.” Draco grunted at the force of the small woman which knocked them both to the floor. “Me too,” he laughed with her. “So all I had to say was ‘please’?”

She nodded. “Though the bit about the massage was what really did it.”

Draco grinned and kissed her lightly on the nose. “The cat’s out of the bag now though.”

She looked confused. “What cat? … Oh, that cat.” She shrugged, “Well it’s about time they found out anyways.”

Draco nodded in agreement, but then Weasel’s voice boomed, “MALFOY! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS DEBACLE? AND GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF MY SISTER!”

And it begins, Draco thought as he hauled both himself and his girlfriend up to face and to fight his enemy and future brother-in-law for his and Ginny’s future union…


The End
SS Felton
The End.
SS Felton is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 12 members. Members who liked Silent Treatment also liked 821 other stories.
Leave a Review