Disclaimer: My attempt to break into the vault where the rights to the characters in Harry Potter are held failed miserably—so once again I’m gonna have to state that I own like nothing except….well the clothes on my back basically, and my Harry Potter books.

* * * * * *

Altogether, Ginny thought, it had been a rather depressing week- this being an understatement of course. She and Harry were not talking of course. This however was definitely the least of her worries. Ron, who felt twice betrayed, was ignoring her existence, which on the whole was better treatment than what Harry was getting from him.

Ron had developed a unique approach to dealing with Harry. He would glower at Harry in classes, not to mention informing their teachers whenever Harry fell asleep or zoned out. As Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, he would stick Harry with all the unpleasant tasks, such as teaching the new members the Gryffindor strategies. Ron would also order him to do laps for no reason at all, and last practice he had “forgotten” to release the snitch, and when at the end of practice Harry had failed to catch it (for it was locked away safely in the equipment shed) ordered him to stay on the pitch till he found it. He further ignored Harry’s presence as he had taken to spending his time with Hermione, Seamus, Dean and Neville. Ron had also switched the password to the Gryffindor Common Room to “Harry Potter is a humungous git!” and much to Hermione’s vexation, the portrait refused to allow her to change it as the Fat Lady fancied Ron.

If Harry was affected by all this, he failed to show it. He had taken to spending his time with Cho, they would walk the halls together, hand and hand. There were rumors that they were dating, and Ginny didn’t doubt it. The thought of Cho still made her uneasy; she had never had anything against the girl, besides being insanely jealous of her for nigh on 3 years. Ginny had actually liked Cho, she saw her as something of a friend, and so it had hurt a lot when Cho had told her in no uncertain terms that she ought to stay away from Harry - as if Ginny was the one who had suggested the after-hours meeting, and then ran away.

It had been the day after the fight, the Ravenclaw girl had approached her in the hall in front of everyone, and had said “I want you to leave Harry alone - he’s been through enough.”

Ginny had dearly wanted to reply, mentioning how last year Cho had been the one who had broken Harry’s heart, but she decided to be the better person and not stoop to such levels. Still, the comment had hurt her. She knew that most people were on Harry’s side. She was well aware of the glares she was getting from the numerous legions of Harry’s Fan Club-at least that’s what she called them. To his credit though, Harry had refused to talk about the subject since his blow up in the hall, and was not responsible for how the story had wend its way through the entire school. However, Ginny realized that most of the school now considered her a slut, a whore and a bitch. Despite the fact that she didn’t own skirts that ended higher than slightly above the knee, and never wore anything the least bit provocative, or the fact that she was a virgin, or that she was friendly towards almost everyone. No, all that did not matter because she had kissed two boys in the same night.

Ginny counted herself to have such great friends, granted a few of them had slightly cool receptions of late, (it was worthy of note that most of them were from Ravenclaw). Her friends from Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, and Luna Lovegood stuck by her with fierce loyalty. Ginny was a little surprised that Hermione had refused to side with her –she might have been a little sullen because she was positive that there was more to the story that Ginny refused to tell her, of course, Ginny reflected, she was right. Hermione had cited “Personal reasons” for not taking sides. Ginny had mentally translated this to mean Ron. It was increasingly obvious that they fancied each other, but were unwilling to admit it.

Ron refused to tell Hermione he fancied her because of the ‘Mysterious Boy’ she liked. He would moan “I’d just die if I got rejected for Neville - no offense mate.”

Ginny had hoped Draco would support her - after all he was the only other person who had been there, but he’d merely looked at her with undisguised disgust and loathing. The sight of his face so contorted by hatred for her caused Ginny to run off crying.

In fact, the only good thing that had come from all of this was the most surprising of all. It was well known throughout school that Professor Snape despised Harry, but Ginny had never borne witness to it - until it became common knowledge that she “had broken Harry’s heart.” She usually managed to scrape B’s or high C’s in that class, but now she was getting an A+ on projects that she should rightfully barely manage a C on. Snape had even given her a rare smile during roll call.

However this seemed to be the only upside, and thus it was hardly surprising that for Ginny, the weekend couldn’t have come fast enough.

* * * * * *
Leave a Review