Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters you may recognize from the wonderful world of Harry Potter; they belong to J.K.Rowling.

Chapter One

Welcome back, and Remembering



When Gemini and Leo come together in a love affair, their relationship is playful and high-spirited, characterised by light activity and optimism. Gemini thrives on mental stimulation and is therefore very attracted to Leo's creative, dramatic spirit. There can be trouble between these two, however: if Leo takes Gemini's flirty, outgoing nature too seriously, or if Gemini thinks Leo wants to maintain total control of the relationship, arguments may break out. Though their approaches are different--Gemini likes to analyse things from all sides in an intellectual conversation while Leo would rather not talk about it and just jump right in--they are well matched. Both Leo and Gemini have a lot of energy. Leo likes to be at the helm of any project, endeavour or outing; Gemini wants to be free to think as fast and as far as he pleases. Direct, decisive Leo can help Gemini make a decision if he starts to vacillate due to his ability to see all the options--but Leo must take care not to be too bossy, which will turn Gemini off. Leo is ruled by the Sun (Self) and Gemini by the planet Mercury (Communication). Both of these Signs are skilled at communication as their planetary influences are similar; they just have different approaches to self-expression. They may also have heated debates, but while Gemini finds it fun and mentally stimulating, Leo takes it quite seriously and can get his feelings very hurt.

Gemini is an Air Sign and Leo is a Fire Sign. Air fuels Fire and helps it spread far and wide. Gemini has an easy time of keeping up with Leo's energy and creativity. Leo tends to be dramatic and demonstrative, and brainy Gemini always understands Leo's message. The best thing is, Leo can have an energetic, active day--and then tell Gemini all about it. Leo is a Fixed Sign and Gemini is a Mutable Sign. Leo is stubborn and resolute, a great leader and somewhat rigid when it comes to changing his ideas or direction. When Leo makes up his mind, he'll see something through to the end. Gemini, on the other hand, is flexible in the extreme. He becomes bored easily and has no problem letting Leo take the lead--to a certain extent. Gemini wants to be the leader of his own thoughts. He’s happy to be in the background, content with his thoughts while Leo takes the spotlight and the glory. What’s the best aspect of the Gemini-Leo relationship? Their youthful, even childlike view of the world. This couple can be a great success due to their optimism and explorative natures.


~*~


Ginny Weasley sat in the corner of the family room, hidden by the many people in the room. Everybody was celebrating, and she supposed they had a right to, since Voldemort had been dead for almost two weeks. However, Ginny couldn’t feel the happiness that the rest of the world was feeling. Harry, Ron and Hermione had not arrived back yet.

As the clock chimed ten pm, the front doors burst open. Everyone stopped talking and stared as four people walked into the house, smiling. They were back! Cheers erupted around the house.

Ginny smiled as she got up from the couch and ran up to her brother, Ron. She hugged him tight.

‘Ginny, it’s okay. I’m not going anywhere,’ Ron said, laughing, but hugging his sister with the same fierceness.

Once they let go, Ginny hugged Hermione, and then finally moved to look at Harry. He was smiling – but it didn’t fully meet his eyes, and Ginny knew something was wrong. She hugged him anyway before leaving the house to sit on the steps to the old barn.

Harry didn’t follow her, but stared out at her from the window.

‘Listen, mate, if I were you, I would go out and talk to her,’ someone said, coming to stand beside him.

Harry looked up at the grey eyes that had been through so much. It had been a surprise to the Order when Harry had accepted Draco Malfoy into his ‘talking group’. No one understood why, and no one ever would. Hermione and Ron had had a fit, but had slowly grown to like him. They would never love him, but he was an okay friend.

‘Why? She won’t want me back now,’ Harry said, looking back out the window, staring at the figure that was Ginny, her hair blowing in the late night wind. At a distance, Harry could see fireworks of every colour. The news that Voldemort was dead hadn’t taken long to pass through the wizarding world, or even, for that matter, the Muggle world. After the first few months of the war the Muggle prime minister had told his people what was going on.

‘Harry, I know we aren’t the best of friends, but I can tell you this. If any girl fawned over me for almost seven years, who actually looked good, then I would be out there, talking to her,’ Draco said.

Harry laughed. ‘Maybe I should go talk to her.’

‘Go.’

Harry got up and started to head towards the front door. He was stopped many times by fellow friends asking how he had finally vanquished the Dark Lord, which he refused to answer.

Draco Malfoy sat down in the now unoccupied chair and looked out the window, staring. He too was looking at the figure that was Ginny. Who was sitting down on stone steps, holding on to her leg with her shoulders shaking. The same way that he had first met her.

Draco thought back to that day.

After escaping Hogwarts with Snape the night that Dumbledore died, he had cried. He couldn’t believe that because of him, his family was going to die, Snape had to murder the only person that he truly ever trusted, and that he had betrayed everything that he believed in.

Snape had told him to find someone from the Order who would trust him. Well, that had been the hardest thing to do in his life. Snape had given him some money, and a map.

“Professor, what am I to do with this?” Draco asked.

Snape looked at him oddly before speaking. “Follow the map; you will know when you have reached your destination.” And with that, Snape disappeared.

He had been walking for days, when he found the small pond that held fresh water. Upon seeing the pond he had started to run. Finally reaching the pond, he cupped his hands and stuck them in the cool water. He hadn’t realised just how thirsty he had been. After drinking as much as he could, he stood up to look around. He could see two buildings a little way away. There seemed to be some sort of party going on.

As he dragged himself closer to one of the buildings he realised that it was in fact a run down barn, and sitting on the stone steps was a girl, who seemed to be crying. Staring at the girl who was crying, he tried to remember where he had seen her before, but gave up soon when he couldn’t remember. He didn’t move towards the girl, just sat on the ground waiting for her to leave. He was going to sleep in the barn that night.

Looking towards the other building, he saw that it was a house. Though it looked like a shack to Draco. The house had many floors, and all were stacked on top of each other. Looking ready to fall any minute. There were many people gathered outside, sitting at tables that surrounded a dance floor. Two people were dancing. He realised that this must be a wedding reception. The man dancing had red hair too.

Then it hit him like a ton of rocks falling on his head. This was Weasley’s house! How stupid could he be?

Someone called the girl’s name, but she didn’t move. He had seen this Weasley walking the Hogwarts halls a few times, and she had also cast a spell on him close to the end of his fifth year. ‘Ginny’ was her name.

He looked over to see the male that was calling her. He sneered. Of course it was Potter, but Ginny seemed to ignore Potter. He smirked.

Harry walked up to her, put his arm around her shoulders and then quickly pulled away when Ginny pushed him off. She turned her back further away from Harry. Harry stood there helpless for a while before shrugging and going back to the party.

Before he could contain himself, he called out. ‘What. You don’t like Potter anymore?’

Ginny had looked up at him. Opened and closed her mouth before getting up and walking into the barn.

Draco hated being ignored so he followed after her, and walked into the barn. She was sitting on a bale of hay that was stacked about three feet high. She looked up when he entered the room.

‘Why are you here?’ she asked. Draco shrugged. He didn’t know why he was there.

‘I was told to follow a map, and it led me here,’ Draco said, waving the map in Ginny’s face. Ginny snatched at the map and her eyes grew wide.

‘How’d you get this?’ she asked, voice shaking.

Draco raised an eyebrow before saying that he’d got it from Snape.

‘Why did he give it to you?’ Ginny asked, handing back the map to Draco.

He shrugged again. ‘I don’t know, he just told me to follow it,’ Draco said.

‘GINEVRA MOLLY WEASLEY!’ a voice called.

‘Oh my! Um, hide behind that bale of hay,’ Ginny said. When she realised he was still standing in the same place, she spoke harshly ‘NOW!’

Draco eyed her, but stood behind the bale of hay. He watched as Ginny walked over to the barn doors and opened them. He had closed them when he had come in.

She was wearing a horrid dress, if you could even call it that. The pink bridesmaid dress had a huge sparkly pink flower at the waist and she had on a pair of high heels that looked as though they put the wearer in pain.

‘What?!’ she yelled, standing on the top step with her hands on her waist.

There were footsteps, then a whispered voice, ‘Gin, give Harry a break, we are leaving in two days and these may be his last two days of fun. Go dance with him, or at least talk to him,’ Weasley’s voice said.

‘Ron, go away. I don’t want to be near Harry. You know I am shitty at saying goodbyes, and this one will be the hardest. Please just leave me be, I like to mope. It seems I am very good at it,’ Ginny said in an equally whispered voice.

He heard Weasley sigh, before saying, ‘Fine. But at least come and try to catch the bouquet.’

Ginny laughed. ‘No way, Ron, I want Hermione to catch the damned bouquet, then maybe you will realise that you are in love with her and ask her to marry you.’

He could tell that Weasley had gone red, but didn’t hear anything. Next thing he knew Ginny had flung open the barn doors and shut them with just as much force. Muttering to herself, she seemed to have forgotten that Draco was still in the room. So when he jumped out from behind the bale, she shrieked and fell on the straw-strewn floor.

‘You idiot,’ she said, pulling herself up. Draco smirked.

‘Malfoy, what do you want? If you are caught, you will be dead in seconds, or sent straight to Azkaban. There are over twenty Aurors here, not to mention the fourteen Curse-breakers, my family, AND Harry. Are you mental?’ Ginny said, her voice getting slightly louder and louder.

Draco stared at her. Then he turned around and headed towards the barn doors. He looked back at her before opening the doors and walking straight into the party.


He now laughed, causing a few people to turn and stare suspiciously over at him. Even though he had been cleared, people still feared him.

He remembered everyone staring, then throwing curses at him, then the feeling of falling over, and then blacking out. When he had awoken he had been in a room that was painted pink.

Sitting slowly up, he tried to remember how he had ended up in this room. Then everything returned to him just as the door flew open and six people entered the room. Potter, Weasley, Granger, Mother Weasel (he supposed at the time), Father Weasel, and the Minister for Magic.

He lay back down as everyone glared at him. The only person who looked as though she didn’t want to kill him was Mrs. Weasley. Harry was looking at him oddly. Everyone started to talk at the same time, all wondering the same thing. “Why the hell is he here?”

Harry’s voice had been the loudest. ‘Everybody out, I need to talk to him myself.’

Draco just sat there. Eventually, everyone left the room, when they realised that no one was going to answer their questions before Harry had talked to Malfoy.
When everyone had left, the talking started. Malfoy sat and listened as Harry went on and on about one thing or another. Then Malfoy started to talk. They fought and argued, but eventually when they left the room they were on speaking terms.

Everyone had been surprised when Draco and Harry were talking to each other without insulting each other. The only person that didn’t seem to be surprised was Ginny.
Over the next two days Draco had found out that Ginny had been the one to save him from all the curses and spells that had come his way. For which he was grateful. He lived at The Burrow for a week, in which he talked to Ginny at any moment he could.

Finally, after the week at the Burrow, he left. He went after Harry, Ron and Hermione. When he found them, they were surprised to see him, but they didn’t comment. They allowed him to join in the expedition that would take just over a year.


Draco sighed and looked around the room at all the laughing faces. Children ran around the small and cluttered first floor playing tag. Parents and adults tried to stop them but weren’t trying very hard. After all, the war was over.

He missed having a family. When Voldemort had realised that Draco had run away, he had sent Death Eaters after his mother, who had been found dead two days later. His father had returned to the Dark Lord’s side when he escaped from Azkaban. Four months later, Draco had killed him, when his father had killed Snape. His whole family was gone, in just one war.

He looked back out the window to see Ginny nodding her head and hugging Harry. Then Harry got up and came back to the house.

Harry entered the front doors and he was cheered again. Harry was dragged over to Hermione and Ron, where the three of them started to talk enthusiastically.

Draco got up, and with one last look at the crowd of people, left.

~*~


Later that night, two people in the shadows of a small room clutched at each other as they moved in sync.

Forgetting their problems, forgetting what people would say if they found out, forgetting everything.

She let out a small shudder and moaned. He sped up the pace and moaned her name into the cool night air.

‘Ginny.’

The night that would change everything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


AUTHOR'S NOTES

Many thanks to my beta reader shiiki!

~Natasha
Leave a Review