“You’re a Malfoy,” she replied, looking aghast.

“Well spotted.”

“Why?”

“Well, my Father was a Malfoy, and that made me and my Mother Malfoys…” he said wryly with a smirk settled on his face.

She looked down, smiling slightly. “No, why do YOU want ME to teach you to skate?”

“I would like to skate.”

She lifted her eyes up to meet his, “So, have you ever skated before?”

“No,” he responded looking out across the ice.

“Do you have skates?”

“I can get some.” Ginny quirked her eyebrow at his response.

“There are no skate shops around here.”

“I can get some. I am a Malfoy.”

She pondered his question for a while, and then looked up to see him staring at her.

“I would really like to skate with you,” he said and watched her turn away.

“You really want to skate… with me?” she asked over her shoulder.

He reached forward and picked up her mitten covered hand. “Really.”

She stared at his hand and he dropped it quickly. “Okay,” she replied. “Tomorrow?”

“Usual time?”

She stared at him.

“Err yeah, after lunch?”

“Fine.”

Then, pulling her hat back onto her loose red hair she turned and skated away. He watched her go with a smile on his face, and then turned around shaking his head as he carefully made his way back to the shoreline along the lake. What had he got himself into?

~*~*~*~*~

She was there long before him the next day. Not on the Castle side of the Great Lake, but beside her favourite weeping willow, close to the Forbidden Forest. She couldn’t sort out in her mind why he had asked her to teach him to skate. Why had he been watching her? Why had he stared at her throughout the whole previous evening and this morning at breakfast? What was he up to?
She shivered as an icy breath of wind whistled past her as she got up to start her warm up.

She had been at it for about twenty minutes when she heard a shout from the other shore.

“Gin - errr - WEASLEY!”

Nearly tripping, she swerved and began to skate slowly towards him, marvelling once again at how smooth her skates were upon the fresh ice and how neatly they turned at the slightest movement of her feet.

“Did you get some skates?” she asked him quickly.

“Yeah.”

She looked down at his feet and raised her eyebrows at a pair of white leather, highly expensive, Italian made boots.
Then she looked at her own feet. She shook her head in disgust and pulled her hat back on over her ears.

“Follow me.”

He stared at her, “Wha-a-t? Onto the ice?”

She put her hands on her hips and smiled. “Look Malfoy, you are never going to learn to ICE skate if you don’t get onto the ICE!”

He smirked at her; she was definitely Molly Weasley’s daughter. “Can you help me?” he asked with a fake pout on his face.

She reached out her blue mitten to him, “Come on.”

He looked at it, and hesitating for only a second took it and stepped onto the ice.

“That’s it, now the other foot. Good Ferret!”

“Don’t baby me Weasel!” he shot back.

“Sorry, couldn’t help it!” She smiled at him and watched as he cautiously placed both feet onto the smooth surface and struggled to stand up. Sighing, she turned to face him and took his hands in hers. Could things get any stranger?

He felt an amazing warmth shoot through him as the little Weasel placed her small, blue mittens into his dragon hide gloves. He smiled and grasped them firmly.

“Now I want you to slide your left foot slowly towards me,” she prompted him. Then she watched as he slowly began to extend his foot.

“That’s it, now the right one,” she encouraged him. Yep, he was defiantly moving and slowly but surely he began to skate along the ice.

He felt an amazing thrill that he had never experienced before. He was actually skating! A real smile spread across his face as he thought that skating with Ginny felt right. Her hands fitted his perfectly and the smile on her face as she managed to get him to move along the ice was just about the most rewarding Christmas present he had ever received.

Slowly as they reached the middle of the Great Lake Ginny turned around and increased their speed. She continued skating, but this time she held him behind her, as if she were dragging him across the ice. She could feel him getting more confident.

He skated behind her, holding her hands for a while and then he took his chance. He leant in and slowly moved his hands onto the curve of her hips. She slowed down slightly but continued on.

“Easier to hold on,” he explained

She just nodded.

Then he began to lean into her, his white blond hair next to her red curls. It was a while before he realised that she had stopped.

“You… You… Did you get me the skates?” she whispered, “I mean, well, was that present from you?”

He looked away from her and then turned back to stare into her eyes.

“I thought you would like them.”

“I do but… Oh never mind. WHY Malfoy?”

He looked at her. Her hair was messed and curling down her shoulders. Her cheeks were flushed pink and her small, white teeth were chewing slightly on her little lips. She was gazing into his eyes as if trying to figure him out. He had never seen her look more beautiful.

She heard a breath catch in his throat as he moved closer to her. Slowly and gently his lips came into contact with hers. She was slightly shocked, but she responded slowly, a strange feeling of heat rushing through her body. A moment later he broke away from her.

He took a step backwards and a look of shock appeared on his face as he toppled onto the ice pulling her down with him.

“Sorry.” He muttered.

“No its okay.” She was reeling with shock.

He looked at her sitting beside him and one of his hands travelled to her lower back as the other moved upwards to pull of her blue bobble hat. As he lifted his hand upwards to tangle into her hair, his lips met hers again. It was like no kiss he had ever experienced. Sitting on the cold, wet ice he could feel her body pressed against his. She was inexperienced, but this was part of her charm. And oh how her mouth felt so right against his! She felt and tasted so good. No girl had ever made him fall over himself before, literally, and she felt perfect in his arms.

She had never been kissed like this before. In her previous years at Hogwarts she had shared a few childish kisses with her previous three boyfriends, but it was nothing like this. Disregarding the person, she admitted to herself that she was on fire. Never had she felt this rush of feelings streaming through her all at once. Never had she felt hot and cold at the same time.

Reluctantly he broke away.

“Okay?” he whispered, as if asking for permission.

“Yes,” she murmured in response.
Leave a Review