Chapter One.

The sky was cloudy and grey, the rumble of thunder could be heard in the distance and the crash of the waves pounding against the rocks of the cliff. The tall figure stared blankly out at the sea, cradling a small bundle in his arms as the wind blew his long blond hair across his face. His silver eyes held a thousand tears but never let any fall. The wind brought a cold chill to the air, numbing his hands and face; he held the bundle tighter as though protecting it.

She’s gone, he told himself, and she’s not coming back. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, a Malfoy wasn’t supposed to be able to feel love, a Malfoy wasn’t supposed to have a heart. He had been brought up to act like a proper Malfoy, he knew he was going to be a Death Eater and follow the Dark Lord from a young age and to be able to do that he couldn’t allow himself to learn how to love, not even his own mother. It was seen as a sign of weakness. Something the Dark Lord did not want to see in a faithful servant. Besides, it was even worse as it was a Weasley he loved, a stupid blood traitor. They all are. He sneered slightly. But she… she was different. Sure he had hated her when they were at school together, but then he saw her again at a club in Diagon Alley one night, they had both had a lot to drink and things got a bit steamy. Well who could blame him? She was a very attractive young lady, she was no longer the clumsy twig who was forever walking into people and dropping her books. She was no longer stalking Potter and she had really filled out. Her blood red hair cascaded down her back in loose waves; she had grown some curves since he had last seen her and those clothes she was wearing really showed off her figure. After that night, he didn’t see her for a while; he pushed her out of his mind. After all this was a Weasley he was talking about.

Draco smiled at the memory. It seemed so long ago, when actually it was only about 9 months ago. These were the memories he had to treasure; it was no use remembering the sad times, only the happy. He hadn’t fallen in love with her right then, no. For all he cared she was just a good shag. It was the events after that night that really changed how things progressed.

He let a tear fall down his cheek. How could he have been so stupid? He had never told her he loved her and would do anything for her, and now it was too late. He had known for a while now that he had cared for her, but he would have never have believed that the feeling he was feeling was love and that he loved her with all his heart. The idea was almost laughable. Draco Malfoy had a heart!

He took a step closer to the edge and peered over, the waves had gotten rougher and were now pounding so hard against the rocks below that pieces were being broken off and dragged back out to sea. It would be quick and easy if he were to jump; no more pain and he would be back with her again. He would be out of this world and it would save his father the trouble. He was now out of Azkaban and furious with Draco for failing to complete his task successfully.

“How hard is it to kill a weakened and dying old wizard? All you needed to do was say Avada Kedavra and flick your wand. Even an idiot could do that! You have brought shame to the family and now the Dark Lord is furious with you and is ready to kill you if you mess up again.” Lucius had hissed.

I could have easily done it Draco thought, I hated the old fool; it’s not my fault that Snape beat me to it. The interfering bastard.

Rain had now begun to fall, heavy raindrops fell and he pulled back the blanket slightly on the bundle. A pair of chocolate brown eyes stared up at him, and it was then he realised that he couldn’t do it. Just one look into those eyes reminded him of Ginny and it was then he knew that she wasn’t completely gone. He knew what he needed to do, he wasn’t happy about it but it needed to be done. With that he turned and walked away, heading for the last place he ever thought he’d visit.

Leave a Review