Chapter 2 – Life Goes On

It was a week since Professor McGonagall ruined her summer. She was sitting on her windowsill waiting to hear from Draco. While waiting, she was remembering how much happened within the week.

~*~Flashback~*~

The day after Professor McGonagall told Ginny she had to tutor Draco all summer long, they had their big end of the year feast. Gryffindor won the House Cup at the end of the year, beating Slytherin house by only 5 points.

The following day they all boarded the Hogwarts Express to go back home. Hermione and Lavender insisted that Ginny sit with them in their compartment. Ginny smiled; she knew they were trying to make her feel part of the group, but they weren't doing that good of a job. While in the compartment, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Lavender wouldn't stop talking about their big trip to Romania. They talked about how much fun they were going to have, and the girls couldn't stop talking about Sarah and Charlie's first little baby. Once again, Ginny suddenly turned invisible to them.

Ginny could tell that tears were about to roll down her cheeks so she got up and left. No one asked where she was going, so she suspected that no one noticed that she left. She went looking for some of the girls that she hung out with, but unfortunately she found someone else. When she opened a compartment door, she saw Draco Malfoy sitting all by himself.

"Hey! Ever hear of knocking Weasley?!" he growled.

"Sorry. Do you mind if I sit with you?" Ginny said quickly and quietly.

"What?!" Draco looked up at her, it wasn't that he didn't understand her, it was that he didn't understand why she was asking him.

"You're all alone here and I'm looking for an empty compartment."

She could see Draco's expression soften up very slightly and before he could answer her she said, "Thanks," she closed the door behind her, and sat down next to the window across from him.

They were both quiet for a long time, but Ginny soon fixed that. Without even looking at Draco, she asked, "So have you decided what you are going to tell your father?"

"What are you talking about?"

Ginny sighed, turned her head around and said, "About why you're coming to my house."

Draco looked down at his shoes, "Well, I'm hoping that he's not going to be home much this summer, but if he is then I decided that I would tell him that I am tutoring you."

He expected a little fight from Ginny, but all she said was, "Fine. Whatever. Doesn't bother me."

Draco knew that something was up with Ginny, but didn't feel like asking because he really didn't care.

A while later Draco knew they were coming close to the station. He, not wanting Potter and Weasley catching Ginny in here with him and asking questions, decided to get her to leave. Draco looked over to her and noticed that she fell asleep. "Hey Weasley!" Draco called out, but Ginny didn't wake up. He got up and shook her hard.

"Hey!" Ginny woke up.

"We're almost at Platform 9 ¾."

"Oh. Thanks." She mumbled softly.

"Now get going before your brother or your Potter finds you."

Ginny, a little insulted, got up and left giving him a soft, "Bye".

By the time she got back to her compartment, they had already arrived at the train station. She crept in and all of them were making out; one pair on each couch.

Ginny cleared her throat, but nothing happened. "Come on guys we're home," she exclaimed, but still nothing. "Come on, don't make me conjure up a hose!" Ginny decided to mumble a soft spell and before she knew it, all four of them were hurled to the floor with a loud thump.

"Hey!" Harry and Ron exclaimed.

Ginny grabbed her carry-on bag, flung it over her shoulder, and said, "Let's go! We're at Platform 9 ¾." She ran out to grab her other things.


That week seemed to go by very quickly. Ginny asked her parents not to tell the boys whom she was tutoring and they agreed not to.

On the day the boys left, Ron looked at Ginny and asked, "You sure you don't want to come with us?"

'What a prat!' she said to herself. 'First he begs me not to go with them, and now he's asking me to go. He just wants to sound like a good brother.' "Nah, I told you. I'm tutoring that Ravenclaw from a year below me."

"Oh, that's right. Good luck with that," he said and gave her a hug.

Fred, George, and Percy all gave her hugs and promised to write. Everyone was really glad to go, except Percy. "I go and take a summer off from work to go see my brother," he whined, "but will he come here? Nooo!"

"That's enough Percy," Mr. Weasley reprimanded him.

"Yes, Father." Percy didn't stop arguing, but he did complain quieter.

Harry, Hermione, and Lavender all smiled, said bye to Ginny, and all left by Floo powder to Charlie's house.

Ginny went to go write to Draco that he was to come over the next day.

~*~Back to the Present~*~

Ginny was half asleep when she heard a soft knocking on the window. She looked and saw a rather beautiful owl standing there. She opened the window and the owl came in. She grabbed the letter that was attached to its leg and offered it a owl treat. The owl took it and flew out of the window. Ginny looked at the parchment, which read:

"Sounds fine. I'll be there in the morning."

No name, no nothing. "Bastard," she said. She climbed into bed and was thinking of how her summer had now turned from awful to dreadful. A whole two and a half months of Malfoy. Ginny sighed, thought, and then fell asleep.

To be continued…
Leave a Review