Ginny woke early on the first morning in her new flat. Feeling too warm during the night she had discarded her sweatpants. She stretched languidly now, enjoying the feel of the cool cotton sheets against her bare legs. The soft, deep breathing nearby told her that Draco was still asleep. Slipping from the bed, she tiptoed to the end of the room divider and peeked at her sleeping boyfriend.

Draco was sprawled across his bed like a child, his long hair in disarray. During the night his covers had shifted exposing his torso and just a sliver of his silk undergarment. Ginny stared at him for a long moment and decided, not for the first time, that Draco was the sexiest man on the planet. More importantly, he was the most caring and thoughtful boyfriend she had ever had. And Merlin, did she love him.

Rhythmic breaths gave way to a large yawn, and Draco shifted into a new position. His eyes opened as he moved, and he spotted her.

“Just can’t keep away, eh?” he teased, yawning again.

The young witch blushed and bit her lower lip, embarrassed to be caught watching him.

Draco slid to the edge of the bed and patted the empty space beside him. “Alright then, you win. Climb in and I’ll let you seduce me.”

Ginny laughed, “In your dreams, Draco!”

Waggling his eyebrows, Draco spoke in a sultry voice. “Every night, love. Every night.” His teasing demeanor vanished and he held his hand out to her. “Come here,” he commanded.

Ginny’s eyes went wide.

“Don’t be a ninny. I’m not planning to molest you,” Draco scolded, rolling his eyes. “Come here and lie down with me. It’s too early to be up on a Sunday.”

Hesitantly, she slid in under the covers. It was a tight fit for the two of them in the twin bed, though Draco didn’t seem to mind. He placed one arm under her so that her head rested near his shoulder. His other arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her snugly against him. Lying in bed with a man for the first time, Ginny was sure her face was as red as her hair. She felt safe in his arms, comfortable and cared for, but being curled up with a nearly naked Draco also made her feel lightheaded and shy. When she felt the effect their closeness was having on a certain part of his anatomy, Ginny thought her flushed cheeks might just burst into flames.

“Dray, maybe I should go back to my own bed. You’ve got to be uncomfortable with so little room,” she said, attempting to slip out of his grasp.

Draco just held her more tightly and nuzzled her hair. “No, I’m perfectly content like this. Now quit wriggling about, one of us is trying to sleep.”

Giving in, Ginny settled into his embrace. After a few minutes, Draco’s hold on her slackened, and his breathing changed to metronomic puffs. The steady rise and fall of his chest against her back was soothing, and before long Ginny followed him into the inky dark of unconsciousness.

A sharp rap on the bedroom door woke jolted her from her dreams some time later. Judging from the amount of light coming in the window, it was nearly mid-day.

Colin’s voice came through the door, “Gin, your brother’s here.”

“Shit,” she hissed, tumbling from the bed. She heard Draco groan as he stretched himself awake.

“Which brother?” Ginny wondered aloud. Grabbing her sweatpants from the floor, she pulled them over her bare legs.

“Which do you suppose?” Draco grumbled as he slid out from under the covers. “It’s the overprotective pillock who can’t stand the thought of his baby sister living with a Malfoy.”

The glare she threw at him made it clear Draco should hold his tongue, but Ginny was sure he was correct in his assumption that the visitor was Ron, coming to check up on her. That suspicion was confirmed moments later, when there was another knock on the door, followed by her brother’s voice.

“Oi, Gin, what’s taking so long?”

Draco wrenched the door open, a smug grin on his face. “Ginny’s just searching for her clothes, Weasley. She’ll be right out.”

Giving her boyfriend a shove, Ginny stepped from the bedroom, shutting the door behind her firmly. Ron’s angry glare threatened to burn straight through the bedroom door, so Ginny took her brother’s arm and directed him back into the living room.

“He’s just winding you up, Ron,” she said, giving him a hug.

Distractedly, Ron patted her back, his eyes still trained on the bedroom door.

“Does Mum know you’re sleeping with that prat?” he demanded.

Stepping back, Ginny leveled a cold stare at her brother.

“Does Mum know that you and Hermione have been at it like rabbits since before you left Hogwarts?” she retorted with dangerous calm.

Ron’s eyes bulged and he began to splutter. “How did you… That’s none of your… That is not the point!”

The door to the bedroom opened and Draco sauntered out, still in his pants. Pulling a face, he muttered, “I could’ve gone my whole life without that particular image, thank you very much.”

Ignoring the comment from the peanut gallery, Ginny went on to rail about double standards and nosy, overprotective brothers. Her diatribe was lost on Ron, however, who was decidedly not ignoring Draco’s entrance.

“Go put some bloody clothes on!” Ginny’s nosy, overprotective brother bellowed. “That’s my sister you’re parading around half naked in front of.”

Draco looked pointedly at Ron, but addressed the other indignant redhead in the room. “Nothing you haven’t seen before, right love?” An eyebrow raised in challenge, he smirked at Ron. “In fact, your sister seemed quite pleased with my attire in our bedroom last night.”

In an instant, Ron threw himself at the agitator, fists flying. As she watched the two boys rolling across the floor, cursing and pummeling each other as they went, Ginny felt her own temper begin to fray. She’d had enough of the Alpha male competition, and the years of watching her mother deal with a houseful of boys were about to pay off. Drawing immediate whimpers and protestations, Ginny hauled the boys to their feet, each of her hands firmly gripping a young man’s ear.

She gave her brother’s ear a violent twist and waited for the ensuing string of obscenities to end before speaking.

“You will not attack Draco in his own home!” Ginny scolded. “I’m all grown up now, Ron. I’ll live where I want, with whomever I want, and do what I want. If I want to shag Draco twenty-four hours a day, it’s none of your concern! Is that clear?”

Ron shuddered and mumbled something about vomiting, and Ginny decided her point had been made.

Throughout Ron’s dressing down Draco stood quietly, looking as smug and superior as one could while crouched over with a woman attached to one’s ear. He clearly did not realize that he was next. Ginny released Ron’s sore appendage and brought Draco to eye level with a yank.

“Ouch! Gin…” Draco began to complain, but was cut off.

“And you,” she started, jabbing her boyfriend in the chest with her free hand, “will not use our relationship to bait my brother. You knew exactly how he would take that comment, and you said it just to antagonize him. Do it again and you’ll be bunking with Colin!”

“You’re right, Gin. I apologize,” Draco said, putting on his best contrite face and earning a derisive snort from Ron.

Satisfied, Ginny released him and turned her attention back to her guest.

“So, brother dear, what brings you over this fine Sunday morning?” she asked.

“Oh! I almost forgot. Mum made some muffins for you,” Ron answered, pointing to a bag near the door. “She seems to think you’re going to starve now you’ve left home.”

Colin emerged from his bedroom. “I was hoping you had food in the sack!” he said cheerfully. “Bless your mum and her mollycoddling!”

“I’m going to put them in the kitchen. Help yourself if you want some, Col,” Ginny announced.

With Ginny out of earshot, Ron sneered at Draco. “Henpecked already, Malfoy? That didn’t take long.”

Draco taunted back. “Oh, aren’t you brave now your sister’s not in the room. Don’t underestimate the benefit of enduring a little henpecking, Weasley. It pays to keep your woman satisfied. Pity for Granger if you haven’t learned that by now.”

Growling, Ron reached for Draco, only to be blocked by Colin.

“Alright now, mates, let’s calm down,” Colin soothed. “The kitchen isn’t that far away and I don’t fancy sharing a bed with Malfoy.”

The boys settled for glaring at one another until Ginny returned. Pulling his sister into a hug, Ron said his goodbyes.

“I’ve got to run, Gin. If you need anything, just let me know.”

Ginny grinned at her closest sibling. “I will, Big Brother. Tell Mum not to worry; she did teach me to cook after all.”

After Ron took his leave, the three flatmates headed to the kitchen to make short work of Mrs. Weasley’s muffins.

Smirking at his girlfriend, Draco teased, "Now what was that about shagging me twenty-four hours a day?"
To Be Continued.
KateinVA is the author of 15 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 11 members. Members who liked Draco in Mugglemagicland also liked 639 other stories.
Leave a Review