When Ginny Weasley becomes Draco Malfoy's wife, he suspects neither her true identity nor her dangerous motives. But when all Hell breaks lose and their relationship takes unexpected turns, there is more at stake than preserving their marriage--namely, preserving their lives.
Category: Long and Completed
Rating: Definitely Naughty
Characters: Blaise Zabini (boy), Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Hermione Granger, Narcissa Malfoy, Neville Longbottom, Other Characters
Compliant with: None
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Drama, Mystery, Romance
Warnings: Blood, Character Death, Graphic Violence
Completed: Yes
Series: None

Chapters: 33 | Word count: 166850 | Read count: 239370 | Published: Jun 29, 2006 | Updated: Sep 17, 2009
[Report This]

Story notes: COMPLETE

Spoilers for HP Volumes I through VI. My beta-readers are Naycit Malfoy and Lyndsie Fenele.

1. Prologue: Laws of Blood Purity (Reviews - 57) 537 words

Disclaimer: These do not, I repeat, DO NOT reflect in any way my thoughts on blood purity, in HP fandom or real life. (In fact, I find such a concept utterly ridiculous) The laws are, however, a necessary part of the history behind my story, so please bear with me, cringe and frown all you want, and find out what happens when a community decides to follow such condemnable guidelines.

2. 1. Ashes to ashes, the past relinquished (Reviews - 13) 5008 words

This story was written in response to a challenge posted by Rainpuddle, though I wasn't able to make the deadline--as you can see, the story is still being written... So please bear with me :)

Many thanks to Naycit, for being such a rapid, efficient, and understanding beta!

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Harry Potter's world, much as I would love to. I am eternally grateful to JKRowling for providing people with such a phenomenal world to read, write, and dream about. I hope she will not mind my borrowing her creations and twisting them to fit my own fancy, and, hopefully, yours. Characters with original names, on the other hand, are, much like their names, original--but if my story sparks your creativity and you long to write/draw/do anything (well, not *anything*) using my characters, go right ahead; just, please drop me a note about it.

A lot of the research involved in this fic comes from www.wikipedia.com, www.pantheon.org, and, of course, www.hp-lexicon.org. However, as my knowledge of wordly things is nearly nul, please point out mistakes of any sort--it'll make the rewrite more enjoyable for everyone. That being said, ENJOY!!! :)

3. 2. A journey of discovery... (Reviews - 10) 6025 words

Un enorme merci a mon beta-reader, Naycit, qui s'avere etre, chapitre apres chapitre, une lectrice aussi agreable qu'impitoyable.
In which Ginny and Draco finally meet "officially", and Ginny discovers what it's like, living the Malfoy life.

4. 3. Lifestyles of the rich and the famous (Reviews - 10) 5566 words

As usual, many thanks to Naycit Malfoy, my beta-reader, as well as to those who read and reviewed. The expression, "Lifestyles of the rich and the famous", is not mine; it is the title of Good Charlotte's song, but I felt it could apply to this chapter as well. Enjoy (hopefully)!

5. 4. Temptation (Reviews - 11) 4668 words

Very many thanks to my beta-reader, Naycit Malfoy, who has to deal with my horrendous rough-drafts. Also, thank you to all the readers who very kindly, very generously, very thoughtfully reviewed.

PS: the cliffie is not a cliffie. The chapter actually ends that way. Kind of...

6. 5. The willing bride (Reviews - 16) 5106 words

Many thanks to my beta-reader, Naycit Malfoy, and her encouraging comments amidst ruthless corrections. Thanks also to all those who reviewed: because reviews point out errors and what readers appreciate, they make the author's work much more eninteractive, not to mention enjoyable. [hint hint]

7. 6. Until death do us part (Reviews - 13) 5152 words

Tons of thanks to my beta-reader, Naycit, as of a week ago honorable member of the Perfect Imagination Beta Readers team. Congrats!!! Likewise, thanks to all those who read, particularly if you reviewed. Feedback makes my day :)

8. 7. Magical Brazil, bittersweet England (Reviews - 7) 5535 words

Thanks a lot to those who reviewed. As usual, I enjoy contestations and appreciation alike. Whether you love it or hate it, just say it! Many thanks to my beta-reader, Naycit Malfoy, whose help with this story and chapter is valuable beyond measure.

9. 8. Kindling suspicion (Reviews - 17) 4502 words

Many thanks to Naycit, for reading and correcting this chapter so quickly. Your work is, as usual, extremely valuable. [bows down and kisses Naycit's feet] Thanks also to all those who reviewed: as you will perhaps have guessed, reviews push me to write faster, questions push me to answer them. I'm a sucker for attention; thank you for paying me some. (Attention, that is. Is it even English to say "pay someone some attention"?) Either way, thanks!

10. 9. Of ice and Wood (Reviews - 10) 4543 words

As usual, thanks to my beta-reader Naycit. She had to be particularly picky with this one, as it seems I wasn't thinking straight. Then again, am I ever? Thanks also to all those who reviewed. It's a pleasure to read your comments! Apologies for the short length of this chap here; the following will definitely make up for it (length-wise, at least). Cheers!

11. 10. Preparing for Halloween (Reviews - 14) 5517 words

I wish there was a way to vary how you thank people. However, as it is, I am forced to repeat the usual formulas. Heaps of thanks to Naycit for putting up with me. Thanks also to reviewers, and particularly the "regulars", whose comments keep me focused and attentive to what the public likes. Cheers!

12. 11. Celebrating Samhain (Reviews - 23) 4969 words

Very many thanks to Naycit Malfoy, my beta-readers, for her corrections, tears, and encouragements. Thanks also to those who reviewed, particularly Anya, Ronlover, WG, Akt5us, That Iz I, and CCC, for their unwavering (and uplifting) reviews!

13. 12. Treading on dangerous ground (Reviews - 21) 4720 words

Very many thanks to my beta-reader, Naycit, who has been correcting my chapters like crazy these past few days. Thanks also to reviewers, particularly WG, Ronlover, Tess, That Iz I, and Anya, for their constance and enthusiasm.

14. 13. Good tidings (Reviews - 33) 5688 words

Many many thanks to Naycit, my beta-reader, for her corrections and encouraging comments. It's a pleasure to read her reviews, as well as those of everyone else--so thanks also to all those who reviewed!

15. 14. Escalating tensions and subsequent blows (Reviews - 24) 5965 words

Thanks a lot to Naycit Malfoy, my beta-reader, for her support and corrections. I hope you get your rest :) Also, many thanks ro reviewers, particularly WG, Ronlover, Tess, That Iz I, Moonyk, and Anya, for their constant encouragment, but also KateinVA and Vixenize for their lengthy reviews!

16. 15. Christmas secrets (Reviews - 26) 7043 words

Greetings, everyone. I apologize for the delay: it appears I have somewhat exceeded the time elapsed between my chapters. Truth is, college is back in session, with orgo and math in tow--enough to tamper with my (already pitiful) efficiency. As it is, however, D/G lives on, and here is Chapter 15. Thanks a lot to Naycit for being so resilient and putting up with me :) Thanks also to you readers and reviewers, for your encouragements and patience.

And for those who want a family tree + illustrations of the newly introduced Umayyad family, go to http://www.artisticalley.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=93822&sl=o , where I will post my doodles until D&G.com's art gallery is up. Cheers!

17. 16. A happy couple (Reviews - 30) 4713 words

Hello everyone! I aplogize for the delay (going on two weeks since last update, I believe), but as I said earlier, college definitely impedes creativity regarding D/G. Here is, however, the 16th chapter, betaed by my dear Naycit Malfoy, to whom I am extremely grateful. Thanks also to all you reviewers, particularly those whose constant encouragements make my day chapter after chapter. WARNING: there is a H/G scene in here, and it IS somewhat graphic. All ye faithful D/G shippers, be warned and forgive me. (Luckily there is some D/G fluff to make up for afore-mentioned heresy)

18. 17. The Weasley lineage (Reviews - 34) 5250 words

Thanks a bunch to my beta reader Naycit, and all ye reviewers, for the constant support and encouragement. Reviews make my day :)

19. 18. Truth be told (Reviews - 39) 6194 words

Hola everyone! I know it's been a while, and, I'm sorry, but it's only going to get worst. I'm not even close to being done with the next chapter, so that it's going to be a while before Naycit--my exquisite beta--even gets those &#($I@!#$ ten pages or so. That being said, I hope you enjoy this chapter, for it might very well be the last before a few weeks. Sorry!

20. 19. And baby makes... three? (Reviews - 39) 4640 words

Hello everyone! Thanks a lot for all your reviews, I had never received quite so many :) They made my week! I also apologize for not answering them extensively--I'm rather short on time lately... So here's the next chapter, betaed by my great beta-reader Naycit Malfoy... And until next chapter...

21. 20. The confidant (Reviews - 41) 4326 words

Hey everyone! I apologize for the delay--it's been more than a month since last chapter and I'm really sorry about that, but both my beta and myself were very busy. Naycit, thank you for reading this chapter and correcting my mistakes as efficiently as ever :) Thanks to everyone who reviewed!

22. 21. Flight (Reviews - 38) 3677 words

Hello everyone, and happy new year! I apologize for the wait--finals, break, etc. all got in the way. I hope that the next chapters will be quick to follow, particularly seeing as I haven't been very generous this time :( But I just had to stop where I did, and I'm sure you'll be able to understand why. Many thanks to Naycit Malfoy and Lyndsie Fenele, my beta-readers, for going through this chapter and pointing out its errors. Thanks also for the extensive amount of feedback I got from you guys :D You have no idea how happy and eager to continue with this fic your reviews make me!

23. 22. Hunting a woman (Reviews - 39) 4954 words

Naycit Malfoy and Lyndsie Fenele are my beta-readers: they are responsible for my still being allowed to post what I write. Thank you girls for the necessary corrections and encouragement. Thanks also to everyone who reviewed!

24. 23. The terrible doings of Draco Malfoy (Reviews - 48) 4811 words

Thanks to Naycit and Lyndsie for beta-reading this and the past chapters (as well as, hopefully, the few remaining chapters). Thanks also to all those who reviewed: your comments help me write!

A WORD OF CAUTION: This is the chapter where you find out exactly what happened to the Weasleys. If you're against graphic violence, I suggest you skip the entire part that's in italics and begins with "'That night,' came a voice, 'Antonin and Rabastan dismantled the wards set about the house we attacked with some difficulty.

25. 24. Narcissa Black Malfoy (Reviews - 27) 5447 words

Thanks a lot to Lyndsie for beta-reading this, and to Naycit when she gets back to me with comments. Unfortunately, I got impatient + had a nasty day, so i decided to go ahead and post it anyway. I know it's not really worth the time I spend writing it, but, alas, I had no time!

26. 25. Getting back in the game (Reviews - 45) 4303 words

Many thanks to Naycit and Lyndsie for putting up with my terrible grammar and Gallicisms, repeatedly so, as well as for everyone who reviewed. I love the feedback--whether it is positive or negative--and will do my best to answer your questions--directly, or in the story. Cheers!

27. 26. The Ministry's Trojan horse (Reviews - 36) 5238 words

Many thanks to Naycit for beta-reading this. Lyndsie, hope you're feeling better. To everyone who reviewed: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I am, like most authors, review and critic happy. The more feedback, the better I can make this story. Cheers!

28. 27. Old friends (Reviews - 29) 4550 words

Hello everyone! I apologize for the delay: I have had this chapter ready for a while, thanks to my beta-readers Naycit and Lyndsie, but Internet died for a week or so and here I was, waiting to post the 27th chapter. Either way, now that it's taken care of, I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to review (because I adore reviews), and give you the twenty-seventh chapter!

29. 28. Persephone's change of mind (Reviews - 26) 6365 words

Hello everyone! I apologize for the delay. Turns out I have been busier than expected, and it took me a while to come up with this chapter, which, I'm happy to say, contains some D/G action (as requested by quite a few reviewers). Thanks a lot to Naycit and Lyndsie for beta-reading this chapter!

30. 29. Unexpected surprises of the pleasant sort (Reviews - 43) 6460 words

Hello everyone! I apologize for taking so long to update (I was away in Europe for the summer, too busy visiting friends and family to sit down and write!) However, here is the 29th chapter, beta-read by Lyndsie and Naycit, to whom I am extremely grateful for taking time out of their vacation to peruse this. Thanks also to readers who reviewed; it's always a pleasure to know what you think of the story (in good or in bad), particularly in view of the re-write I'm planning. That being said, I hope you enjoy.

31. 30. Malfoy Manor (Reviews - 17) 4473 words

Many thanks to Lyndsie for beta-reading this!

32. 31. From Violetta to Hathor (Reviews - 2) 5988 words

This chapter could not have been written without the help of Maleficient, who very kindly went over it and pointed out the errors in the labour/giving birth process. Thank you for correcting my mistakes!

Endless thanks to Lyndsie Fenele and Naycit Malfoy for walking me through this fic and holding my hand along the way. I'm also incredibly grateful to all of you who have read and reviewed my story, living with it as I did, watching it grow as I did, sometimes guessing what it would become and sometimes shaping what it would become. We all know that the world of fanfiction would be nothing without the fans (or the fiction, for that matter, but that's besides the point), and for being there and keeping this world going, you have my undying thanks.

Sorry for uploading this chapter twice 8-| I wanted to simply edit it but failed. Good job...

33. Epilogue (Reviews - 22) 4917 words