Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cindy Lauper

Ginny, Pansy, and Hermione met up with the other girls at the spa that Pansy and Daphne frequented. The ten girls had to split up, because there weren’t enough attendants for all of them to get manicures and pedicures at the same time. So, Fleur, Gabrielle, Ginny, Pansy, and Hermione headed to the massage room and Luna, Katie, Daphne, Angelina, and Alicia sat down to get their nails painted.

Once the five were in the massage room and thoroughly relaxed, Gabrielle asked, “Est-ce que vous pensez à votre fiancés?”

Pansy mumbled, “English please.”

“Gabrielle, anglais, s’il te plaît,” Fleur clarified for her sister.

“D’accord. Wat do you sink about your fiancés?” she repeated in English.

“I want to ‘ear wat ‘ermione sinks about ‘er professor being ‘er fiancé,” Fleur commented.

“Ugh, I have no idea.”

“The opinionated and mighty Hermione Granger doesn’t know what she thinks about a situation? Unbelievable!” Ginny remarked in a sports caster voice.

“Ha ha.” She scowled. “I really have no idea what I think about him. I mean he’s snarky as always, and the only real conversation I’ve had with him was about Potions Theory. He’s incredibly intelligent, and I guess he has a dark and mysterious look going for him, but other than that, I have no idea.”

Pansy smirked. “What about you, Ginny? What do you think of the great Draco Malfoy?”

“He infuriates me beyond belief! I’m trying to relax, Parkinson, so don’t get me started on him!” Ginny snapped, her face turning red as she glared at the floor. “He’s halfway decent one moment, and then you say something nice to him and he’s a git again! And then he smirks at you, that beautiful smirk--I mean, I want to throttle him!”

“Zhere iz somesing else zhat you want to do wiz ‘im bezides srottle ‘im,” Fleur grinned.

Ginny paled. “No!”

Gabrielle agreed with her sister. “Oui.”

“Tell me about Ron, Parkinson,” Ginny demanded, changing the subject, a blush creeping up her neck.

“We’ll get back to this topic later, but for now, I’ll humor you,” Pansy replied. “He stood up for me against my parents and he gave up his bed and slept on the floor for me. He’s sweet, but he’s got a temper.” She smiled, remembering how when he had yelled at her parents, he had held her hand, trying to comfort her.

“There’s more than that, Parkinson,” Hermione stated.

“Maybe there is, maybe there isn’t.”

“A toi la parole, ma sœur,” Gabrielle said, directing the attention off of Pansy.

“I was already engaged to Bill. I love ‘im,” Fleur said simply.

“That’s nice,” Hermione commented, smiling sadly. “At least someone came out of this mess loving their fiancé.”

“Aw, Hermione, maybe it’ll happen for you too,” Ginny said, reaching over to squeeze her hand.

Feeling uncomfortable, Pansy spoke up. “Gabrielle, what do you think of Potter being your fiancé, even though you’re only thirteen?”

It took a minute for the young French girl to comprehend the quickly spoken English. “I ‘ave not talked to ‘arry lately, but wat I remember of ‘im--’e is very ‘eroic.” An adoring look crossed Gabrielle’s face and the room was not oblivious to it.

“That’s sweet. But, Gabrielle, you’re underage. Are you going to get married this month like everyone else?” Ginny asked.

“Non. We ‘ave to wait until I am of age--four years from now.”

“Lucky,” Pansy grumbled.

The room filled with a tense silence.

“Look at ze clock! C’est time for our seaweed scrubs and manicures and pedicures!” Fleur announced, trying to alleviate the tension.

The five women slowly got up from the tables, not wanting the massages to end, and went into the next room to complete their spa treatment.

Katie, Daphne, Angelina, Alicia, and Luna filed into the massage room, shaking their hands and feet and trying not to mess up their nails. They lay down on the tables carefully and the masseuses began to work. There was a communal sigh of pleasure across the room, and satisfied smiles graced everyone’s faces.

“I hope there isn’t an infestation of Botteldoups in here,” Luna said.

“I can’t believe Blaise’s soul mate has an obsession with imaginary creatures,” Daphne sneered, not being one to put up with foolish prattle.

“Rattlebrabs,” Luna told Katie knowingly.

Alicia and Angelina giggled, while Katie was trying hard not to.

Daphne rolled her eyes and closed them.

“Blaise asks about every unknown magical animal that I tell him about.”

“Mmhm.”

“Alicia, did you know that Rattlebrabs cause unnatural cynicism which inadvertently leads to depression which inadvertently leads to obesity?” Luna asked.

“No, Luna, I didn’t know that,” she replied, shaking from holding in her laughter.

Angelina decided to do damage control before their relaxing massages became a catfight. “Luna, I think Daphne’s feeling down because she doesn’t want to marry Percy. She’s doesn’t have an infestation of Rattlebrabs.”

“You’re probably right, Angelina, silly me.”

Daphne grunted. “How did I get stuck with her on my relaxing day off?”

“You’ll warm up to her eventually,” Katie told her, knowingly.

“Doubt it,” she grumbled.

“Does anyone have plans for their wedding yet?” Alicia asked, cheerfully.

“Fred and I are going to have a small wedding with exotic flowers and fireworks,” Angelina chipped in dreamily. “I’ve been planning it in my head since fifth year.”

“How sweet,” Daphne drawled.

“Well you must have had a dream wedding planned out in your head,” Katie said. “What was yours like?”

“It was an extravagant wedding in my parents’ tulip garden with the reception in their ballroom. I’d have a big, lavish dress, but back then, I was marrying Theodore Nott,” Daphne said, reminiscing, a slight smile on her face.

“Percy would love an extravagant wedding with all the press invited,” Alicia told her. “He likes to feel important.”

Daphne giggled. “I hadn’t noticed.”

“Really? Because I could see it as far as a Winged Frougoddat can see,” Luna said. The girls all laughed and eased into a comfortable silence.

* * *
“I had so much fun today, but I’ve got to get back to my flat to change,” Daphne told the girls. “I have dinner with Weasley number three and my parents.”

“Good luck,” Luna smiled. “Not that you’ll need it. The stars are shining for you tonight.”

“Thanks, Luna.” Daphne looked like she was about to hug the Ravenclaw, but then though better of it. She had an image to keep after all. She hugged Pansy, (whom she deemed acceptable to hug), and Apparated away.

“Drinks anyone?” Ginny suggested.

“Il est tard, je dois rentrer chez moi,” Gabrielle replied.

“You wouldn’t ‘ave been able to go anyway. You are underage, ma sœur,” Fleur scolded. Fleur Apparated away with her sister.

“I have a date with Fred,” Angelina told the group.

“Likewise,” Alicia said. “I mean with George. He’s still... upset.”

“George,” Katie supplied as Alicia finished with ‘upset.’

Alicia smiled. “Yeah.”

“I need to spend some time with Charlie too.”

The girls nodded at each other, coming to a truce after their cold-shouldered demeanor when they found out that the other had stolen their boyfriend. The friends Apparated away, and there were only four girls left, prepared to dance and get drunk.

Three hours later, Pansy, Hermione, Ginny, and Luna were all incredibly drunk. Normally Hermione wouldn’t touch alcohol, but feeling resentment toward the Ministry and her fiancé, she decided she needed to take the edge off. A tall blond wizard noticed that the girls were pissed and personally sent a drink over to their table.

“Oooo. Free alcohol!” Hermione exclaimed when the waitress brought it over.

“I wouldn’t drink it if I were you, Hermione,” Luna warned.

“Yeah, we have no clue who that guy is,” Ginny agreed.

Pansy nodded her head, sipping her own drink.

“Lighten up, guys. We’re all going to be married in a month, lets get our kicks in now,” Hermione reasoned in a not so logical way. She downed the drink and got up to dance.

The man followed her and wrapped his arms around her, gyrating his hips against hers seductively.

“Let’s get out of here,” he whispered seductively in her ear.

Hermione had to draw the line there.

“Thanks for the drink and everything,” she slurred, her vision blurring, trying to pry herself away from the man. “But I have a fiancé.”

“So do I,” he drawled.

Hermione stomped on his foot, not liking the way he way speaking to her. She frantically glanced around, looking for someone. The girls were all the way on the other side of the dance floor. Suddenly, her blurry eyes caught something bright and shiny and immediately looked toward it. Sitting at a table by the window was Draco Malfoy, silvery hair and all, and sitting with him was Severus Snape.

The man grabbed her again, and she shouted to her fiancé, “Severus!”

Draco noticed the shouting and nudged his friend. They both looked over to see the blond stranger dragging Hermione off the dance floor and toward the exit. The two men stood up and ran after them.

“Severus! Severus!” she shouted, searching for him blindly. No one paid attention to the screaming girl; they were too caught up in their own business.

The Potions master grabbed Hermione’s arm so forcefully that the blond man was jerked back towards them. Severus pried the stranger’s hand off her arm and twisted it behind his back. He slammed the man into the nearest wall and said in a deathly tone, “Don’t you dare touch her or any other woman again.” He turned to Draco.

“Watch him while I take care of her,” he ordered. Draco nodded; he was glad to. The world needed less men like the pathetic prat he was holding against the wall.

Severus picked up Hermione who had sunken to the ground and Apparated.

Meanwhile, Pansy, Luna, and Ginny had come to see what the racket was about. They arrived on the scene just in time to see Snape Apparate with Hermione. Draco conjured some rope and tied the man to one of the chairs, ignoring the girls’ questions.

“Draco, what happened to Hermione?” Ginny asked after he finished tying up the man.

“This guy tried to force her to go home with him,” he replied, giving the man a kick.

“Oh, Merlin,” Ginny gasped. “Is she all right?”

“Snape’s taking care of her.”

* * *
At Severus Snape’s flat, Hermione slipped in and out of consciousness.

“Hermione, you need to tell me exactly what happened at the bar tonight,” Severus said when she opened her eyes a bit.

“He offered...drink...free alcohol...just fun...” she babbled.

“He offered you a drink? Did he give it to you personally or did he send it over?” Severus questioned, trying to determine whether the man could have slipped her something.

Hermione nodded. To what, Severus didn’t know for sure, but he had a pretty good guess that the man had slipped a potion into Hermione’s drink to get his last kicks in before the Ministry made him get married. Severus was suddenly overcome with anger. Who would ever do that to a defenseless, drunk woman? After giving Hermione a potion, he Apparated back to the bar and proceeded to beat the shit out of the attempted rapist and then notified the Auror Department to cart him off to Azkaban.

He Apparated back to his flat in time to see Hermione stirring.

“Hermione, how do you feel?” he asked, stepping toward the bed, concern written all over his face.

“Really bad,” she groaned.

“I’ll get you another potion.” He retrieved the potion from his private lab and handed it to Hermione.

She drank it. “What happened to me?”

“A potion meant to paralyze you,” Severus explained.

She groaned again and turned over, burying her head in his pillow. All of a sudden, she sat up. “Where am I?”

“In my flat.”

“Oh,” she said, flopping back down, too tired to do anything.

Soon she was asleep and Severus sat in a chair next to the bed and watched his young fiancée, vowing to never let anything bad happen to her again.

Author notes: The French:
"Est-ce que vous pensez à votre fiancés?"--What do you think of your fiancés?

"Gabrielle, anglais, s'il te plaît."--Gabrielle, English, please.

"D'accord."--okay

"A toi parole, ma sœur."--Your turn (to speak), sister.

"C'est"--It's

"Il est tard, je dois rentrer chez moi."--It's late, I have to return home.

Sorry I haven't posted anything new in a while, I had no time with school starting up again and then my chapter had more errors than usual in it and it took forever to get those out. Make my day and review and critique please! btw, I hope the whole Hermione-Severus thing wasn't too melodramatic. It actually came out less melodramatic then I thought it was going to be. Anyway, I really needed a spark for Hermione and Sev.

Leave a Review