A/N – Holy cow, it’s been FOREVER. I’ve actually written a few things, but I think I’ve been so burned out from writing for school and writing for a living that my stories are suffering.

This isn’t a story, but I kind of liked it anyway—I was just reading my diary and came across the description of my first kiss; I basically brushed it up and adapted it to fit in the HP world. It was a pretty amazing kiss, so hopefully that comes through in the writing. I am working on an actual one-shot, but we’ll see if it turns out. The others haven’t.

Anyway, hope you enjoy. We all know who the characters are, but I kept their descriptions purposefully vague to create a universal feel. It might or might not be effective, but *shrug*

First Kiss

It was cold.

A chilly fall night, the world was still, only the faintest breeze and the distant sound of hooting owls disturbing the air. The sky was not exceptionally clear, but the couple, holding each other against the cold—against the future—could still see stars in that black velvet. The moon was brilliant. Only half visible, it blazed in the sky, startling white fire that created a hazy, soft halo, like a candle flame through unfocused eyes.

They stood on the sidewalk and gazed up, feeling the tingle of winter on its way, feeling the warmth of each other. His broom and a dirt road were on the left, the castle on the right, and they were alone in the world amidst it all. She could feel his eyes on her.

“Don’t worry.” His breath was warm in contrast to the cool breeze. “The way I look at it, it doesn’t matter if they think you need to change the world. Just do what makes you happy.” His arms tightened. “You’re not obligated just because you’re smart.”

She smiled. “I know. It’s just so much pressure sometimes.” She laid her head on his chest, closing her eyes as it rose and fell. “Thank you, though.”

His palm touched her cheek, ran over her hair and lifted her face up. Her heart was pounding, wondering if he would finally do it, praying he would. She glanced at his lips then back to his eyes, indiscernible in the moon’s faint fire.

His tone was matter-of-fact as he asked, “Would you be disgusted if I kissed you?”

Her heart expanded through her chest until it felt like it might burst. Unable to find words, she could only swallow, smile, shake her head. An awkward pause filled the space between them—and then, a hesitant touch. Warm, moist, uncertain and a little clumsy at first. But instantly addictive.

They began to grow more confident, finding a rhythm, gradually picking up pace, pressing harder and closer, mouths opening wider and holding longer. Hands grew restless, impatient to feel, to pull tighter, to know everything. This moment had been a long time coming; neither seemed capable of finding restraint.

Her fingers tracing his spine, his hands gripping her hips, brushing the bare skin beneath her shirt just above her jeans, their breathing rough above the drumming of their hearts.

Slowly, though, as if on cue, the kisses grew softer, sweeter, until they drew apart completely and locked eyes. She gave a slow, shy smile that became a grin, then a laugh full of happiness and freedom. He chuckled, pulling her closer and burying his head in her neck, lifting her to her tiptoes in his embrace.

It was cold. The couple holding each other that fall night hardly noticed.
The End.
Hearts Cadence is the author of 15 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked First Kiss also liked 482 other stories.
Leave a Review