Chapter 18 – Here Is Gone



Ginny was lying in her childhood bed when she heard a gentle tapping on her window. Peering into the darkness, she saw nothing outside but a few trees whose branches were brushing the side of the Burrow. There was another tap. She squinted, looking at the window closely and finding a tiny notch in the glass.

Just as she pressed her hand against the cool window, she stepped back, a gasp leaving her as she stared out at the figure hovering on a broom.

With his hands on either side of the window, Draco peered at her, and instructed her to undo the lock. Ginny obeyed him and he climbed inside, tossing his broom on her bed and drawing her closer to himself as he did so.

His eyes held hers for a moment before he dipped his head and brushed his lips against hers. Ginny felt his hands snake their way up her sides, and she exhaled very slowly, her eyes half-closed. Next, his hands brushed against the skin on the small of her back, and she felt his warm fingers on her flesh.

He pulled her closer still, his mouth now against her ear and he whispered, “How did I get so lucky with you?”

Ginny’s eyes flew open as his hands roamed her back and she stifled a moan. “Y-you’re just a very charming man,” she whimpered, her eyes closing again as he kissed her mouth gently, applying a little more pressure than before. When his tongue slipped passed her teeth, her right leg twitched slowly.

She hadn’t realized that he’d backed her into the bed until the back of her knees hit the mattress and she sat down. He was next to her, his hands cradling her face. Her eyes opened, and she tilted her head at him before kissing him once more, her arms going around his waist to pull him closer.

His fingers trembled as he touched her bare shoulder, fiddling with the strap of her tank top. His nails brushed her skin and she shuddered. “So,” he said calmly, glancing around. “Now what?”

“We can always go someplace more private,” whispered Ginny with a slight grin.

Draco grinned. No sooner had the words left her mouth than he secured his broom and they Disapparated with a small crack. They landed with a pop in his flat, or more precisely, on his bed. Ginny was flat on her back and Draco on top of her.

“Well, wasn’t that convenient?” he said softly.

Ginny smiled slightly and sat up. “Did you see Blaise yesterday?” she asked suddenly.

Draco’s grin faltered and he stared at her. “I stopped by his flat.”

“Did you-” Ginny couldn’t finish the sentence.

“Did I what?” Draco said darkly. “Did I hurt him? Yes.”

Ginny fell silent, her mouth opening slightly due to shock. It took several seconds for her to find her voice again, though when she did it was weak and almost scared. “D-did you hurt him badly?”

“The Cruciatus Curse,” said Draco without looking at her. He had gotten up off the bed and was standing by the window. He heard Ginny gasp behind him, but he didn’t move a muscle.

“How could you?” she asked angrily. “He’s your friend!”

“He hurt you. What was I supposed to do?” Draco asked, sounding a little more scared than he would like.

“Not that,” Ginny said, shaking her head. “What happens if you get caught?”

“I won’t,” he said, smiling grimly as he turned around to face her. “Potter and your father would never try me for being in with the Death Eaters after they learn that I was only protecting you.”

Ginny stared at him as she slid off the bed. As soon as she reached his side she grabbed his hand, and then, suddenly, she had her head buried in his chest, her entire body trembling. He wrapped his arms around her and held onto her for what felt like hours before she muttered, “I love you too, you know.”

He smiled and brushed a hand through her hair as she looked up at him. He kissed her gently, taking every chance he could to touch her, and she did the same to him until she was backed against a wall, her legs wrapped around his torso, and her head bent to give his lips better access to her neck.

“I’ve known that for a few hours now,” Draco whispered as he held her tightly so she didn’t fall.

It wasn’t until they were back on the bed that Ginny asked, “How?”

“Doesn’t matter,” he grunted huskily.

Her lips brushed his gently. She was pressed against him with her arms around his neck. Her back was arched as his lips caressed her neck, his tongue tasting her skin as he growled against her throat. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her mouth softly, nipping her lower lip. He loved when she moaned and his body enjoyed the tingle it created.

He wanted to ask her the one question that had been burning in the back of his mind since the first time he had kissed her. “Do you want t-”

Her mouth crashed against his and she pulled him as close as she possibly could, her fingers undoing the button on his pants. She clawed at his back gently as she slipped her hands underneath his shirt and felt his bare skin under her fingers. Slipping off his shirt was easier than getting his pants off, Ginny noted as she giggled against his mouth. It was hard to dispose of clothing when you were practically glued to the other person.

Draco’s eyes roamed greedily over Ginny’s naked form as he helped her out of her top and skirt. He had to remind himself that he had seen this all before, but it did no good, as his body still reacted as if it was the first time. Her curvy body made him eager as he touched her skin with his tongue.

Ginny closed her eyes when she felt his erection brush her thigh, but they flew open when his hands cradled her face again, and he kissed her deeply, his hands tangling in her hair. Her mind grew hazy as he guided himself into her body.

He frowned when he noticed her eyes were large and shining. “Am I hurting you?” he asked softly.

Ginny shuddered slightly but shook her head. “No,” she said earnestly. “I promise.”

He smiled and kissed her softly, very aware that it had been a long time since he had told anyone he loved them. He was happy that she was the one he had shared those feelings with, because at that moment nothing mattered but the two of them.
Leave a Review