The Dragon Prince and His Flame Princess by tigereyes320

A/N: I have to thank my beta PhoenixRae. I have to thank echo for (reluctantly) letting me borrow her pairing of Katie Bell with Percy from “Absolutely Spiffing” (a great read, by the way). I like constructive feedback. tigereyes320@hotmail.com Thanks again for all the reviews.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Part 5

“Now, Draco, you will listen to Mrs. Weasley, won’t you?” Narcissa Malfoy asked her son as she kissed him goodbye on the cheek.

“Yes, Mother.”

Narcissa busied herself by smoothing Draco’s pale hair away from his face. Her baby was growing up. Not that it had ever seemed like he was hers. He was the Malfoy heir after all. “You have your vault key if you need any money, right?”

Draco dug out the key from his pants’ pocket and showed it to her. “Yes, Mother.”

“Let me fuss for just a bit more, Draco. You aren’t my little boy anymore. Promise me you’ll be careful?” Narcissa asked in an undertone.

“I promise, Mother.”

“Well, you have a good holiday. Write me in a few days.”
Draco, who was almost as tall as his mother, stood on his toes and kissed her on the cheek. “Goodbye, Mother. I’ll write to you soon.” He watched as his mother left the Burrow and, with a wave of her wand, Apparated away.

“Now, Draco dear, you go on up to Ron’s room and unpack. You and Harry will be sharing his room for the rest of summer. Then you can go outside with the girls and the twins and play some Quidditch. Charlie and Bill would play with you, but Arthur needed them at the Ministry. They’ll be home later on tonight,” Molly Weasley said in a tone that would not be argued with.

“Yes, ma’am.” Draco grabbed his trunk.

“Ron. I want you to show Draco the way to your room. Fred, George, I need your help in the kitchen with supper for a few minutes. Ginny and Hermione, if you could please straighten up the living room. Katie and Percy are coming over tonight to discuss wedding plans. When the boys come back down, you all can go outside and play.”

“What, already? They aren’t getting married until February. Why the rush?” George asked disgustedly.

“Because it takes more than a week to organize a wedding! Katie wants Angelina, Alicia, Ginny and Hermione in the wedding, which means getting special permission for you all to miss classes. Alicia and Angelina have to get time off from the Arrows. Fred and George, you’ll have to close the shop for a few days,” said Molly, flustered as ever with her twin sons. “Let’s get moving.”

The children scattered. Not even the Ministry of Magic would argue with Molly Weasley when she was in her “General” mode. They went their separate ways to do their assigned chores. A few hours later, after chores and some Quidditch, they all sat down to supper. Molly had just set out the last of the plates when Katie and Percy walked into the Burrow hand in hand.

“Aaawwwww, it’s our Katibell and Perfect Percy,” said Fred and George in unison.

Katie gave them a beaming smile as Percy scowled at them. Percy was about to say something nasty to the twins, when Katie reached up and whispered something in his ear. For a moment, his ears turned as pink as Ron’s did on the occasions when he was embarrassed. Percy turned toward Katie and gave her a long, sweet kiss that had the boys groaning and the girls sighing with envy.

Percy broke off the kiss and looked at his younger brothers. “What’s wrong? Jealous I got the best girl or that I get to kiss her in front of Mum?”

Since a positive answer to either question was sure to get them in trouble, Fred and George wisely decided to stay quiet for once.

Percy and Katie nodded a hello to both Hermione and Harry. He stopped in the middle of sitting down when he spied Draco sitting next to his baby sister.

Ginny, recognizing the look on Percy’s face, quickly piped up, “Percy, you remember Draco Malfoy, don’t you? He’s spending the rest of the summer holiday with us. He’s also my boyfriend.”

Percy’s eyebrows shot up, and he and Katie exchanged a look. Katie looked back at them and gave Draco a tentative smile. “Hello, Draco. I don’t know if you remember me or not. I’m Katie Bell, soon to be Weasley,” she said with a nod of her head toward Percy.

“I know who you are Katie. I also know Percy.” Draco grinned a bit evilly for a moment, then continued, “If I hadn’t already known though, the announcements made at Gryffindor’s first Quidditch match last year would have forced me to acknowledge your existence.”

Katie and Percy both blushed a hot pink at that statement.

“All right, everyone. It’s time to stop teasing Katie and Percy and tuck in. After we’ve eaten, we can talk wedding plans,” ordered Molly Weasley.

In short order, everyone had a full plate of food and got busy eating their dinner.

Draco found himself enjoying the simple but filling meal of roasted chicken with fragrant spices, garlic chips, and various steamed vegetables. This supper was a LOT different from any of the meals he’d eaten over the years at Malfoy Manor.

Katie voice interrupted his train of thought as he mechanically ate. “Hermione, that is a really pretty necklace. Where did you get it?”

Hermione turned a bit pink as she automatically reached for the dark blue, heart-shaped crystal that hung around her neck. “Thanks. Ron gave it to me as a gift. It’s a simulation of my birth-stone, a sapphire.”

Percy raised an eyebrow at the way Hermione held the necklace. Looked like Ron had finally taken some steps in the right direction.

“Can I see your ring again, Katie?” Ginny asked.

Katie stretched out her hand, so Ginny and everyone else could get a good look at the one carat solitaire set in gold that Percy had given her a few months ago.

Draco looked at the ring and had to admire it. “Good choice there, Percy. It has a nice cut, color and good clarity. I hope they didn’t milk you for it,” he said casually.

Everyone at the table suddenly looked at him with wide eyed amazement, as if he’d grown another head.

“What? I’m a Malfoy. You think we have all that money in our various vaults just because we’re pretty? I had to learn about jewelry, as well as running a business and other things. We Malfoys have to be a well-rounded lot.”
Ginny smiled at him, grabbed his hand under the table and gave it a reassuring squeeze, trying to tell him she understood what he wasn’t saying as well. Everyone else kept eating, but waited to see what would happen next.
Percy’s eyes gleamed. “If you’re so knowledgeable, Ma—Draco, tell me what you think a ring like that should have cost me.”

Draco looked at the ring a moment. “Well, it depends on the jeweler actually. Any reputable jeweler is going to mark up a ring forty to fifty percent above their cost, and they usually will negotiate the price anywhere between five and twenty percent. Of course, a knowledgeable buyer is the jeweler’s worst enemy. You didn’t tell them how much you had to spend, did you?”

“No, I’d heard from someone not to do that.”

“Then you probably got a good deal. I’d say, with that particular ring, they gave you a price of about seven hundred Galleons. If you negotiated well, you probably got a price somewhere between 425 and five hundred Galleons.”

Percy was amazed. “That’s about right.”

“Next time, come to me. I probably could have brought them down to about 350 to four hundred. Don’t get me wrong; if you were able to negotiate two hundred or more off their asking price, you did well.”

“Thanks, Draco. I hope you enjoy your holiday with my family. You’ll join us for Quidditch this weekend, right?”

“I didn’t think you played.”

“I don’t. I’ll be in my official capacity of rooting for my girl here. Do you know she had Chudley and Puddlemere fighting tooth and nail for her?” Percy boasted as Katie blushed bright pink.

“I heard. Actually, Ginny told me. Belated congratulations on the engagement. By the way, what is that?” Draco asked as Molly Weasley set another tray on the table.

“Cream pastries!” Ron exclaimed.

During the earlier conversation between Percy and Draco, Ron and Harry had been having their own conversation about the house team and how they would be replacing five people. They’d made the decision to co-captain the team until the beginning of the term and the team had been chosen.

“What are they?” Draco asked, motioning to the dessert.

“You’ve never had cream pastries?” Ron asked, shocked.

“My parents aren’t big on sweets.”

“Here, Malfoy, enjoy,” said Fred as he handed Draco a plate with three pastries on it.

Since Draco saw everyone else eating them with such gusto, he felt it would be rude not to try it. He bit into the flaky shell and let the rich, buttery, custard filling roll over his taste buds.

“These are delicious, Mrs. Weasley,” said Draco politely. Well, as politely as he could between mouthfuls; he finished the first, then the second pastry.

“I’d like to say ‘thank you,’ dear, but the twins actually made them from a recipe that’s been in the family for generations,” Molly explained as she bit into her own dessert. “I must say you two did an exc—DRACO! Where did you go?”

Ginny was looking around in bewilderment. Ron, Harry and Hermione were exchanging puzzled glances. The twins…well, the twins were turning bright red in their attempt to keep from laughing.

“What have you two done now?” demanded Percy.

At that, Fred and George couldn’t contain themselves and laughed until tears were rolling down their faces.

“Frederick Donald and George Edward Weasley! What. Have. You. Done?” Molly Weasley said with a horrifyingly calm voice.

Fred and George both stopped laughing at that tone in their mother’s voice. George volunteered, ”Don’t worry, Mum. We gave him one of our new Transparency Pastries instead of one of the cream ones. They turn you and your clothes invisible, but when you reappear, you come back before your clothes do. This all happens in less then ten minutes.”

Everyone at the table, including Draco, groaned. They all realized what Draco would not be wearing, when he reappeared in just a few minutes. Percy rose and quickly took off his robe and tossed in the general direction that Draco had been sitting. The robe covered him only seconds before his long, pale arms appeared, soon followed by the rest of him. Draco quickly arranged the robe so nothing was showing to anyone.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny had been trying all this time not to laugh. They had succeeded until Draco’s head appeared with his mussed hair above Percy’s robe. When they all took a good look at him, they burst out laughing. Draco scowled at them; the twins in particular noticed a gleam of promised retribution.

Ginny finally got her giggles under control, enough to apologize. “I’m sorry, Draco. I know it isn’t funny to you, but you have to understand, the twins are always using one of us as a guinea pig.”

Draco scowled at her in response. Ginny leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek in apology. “Is this what I have to look forward to for the rest of my holiday here?” Draco demanded.

“Well,” said Fred, drawing out that one word into a full sentence.

“We do need a guinea pig,” added George.

“I don’t remember volunteering.”

“You didn’t. It’s just our family knows better than to
accept anything from us.”

“If I help you come up with some new tricks, will you draft another volunteer?” Draco asked. He had a funny feeling in the pit of his stomach, as though he was making a deal with the devil, or devils, in this case. “Better yet, if I come up with some new tricks, I want a percentage of the profits when you start selling it in your store.”

“You know what, Draco? That’s not a bad idea,” said Percy. “The twins already have some stuff created. But if you, Ginny, ‘Mione, Ron, and Harry give them some good, sellable ideas, getting a percentage sounds fair.”

“How much of a percentage are we talking about?” Fred asked pointedly.

“It would have to be paid out yearly,” said George.

Draco thought for a moment. “A year is too long to wait. My father’s businesses pay out dividends to the investors quarterly, every three months. I think the percentage should be ten percent.”

“Ten percent! Have you gone nutters?” Fred gasped.

“Two percent,” countered George.

“Eight percent.”

“Four percent.”

“Seven.”

“Five.”

“Six.”

“Done!” Fred and George said together. “Six percent per charm, paid out quarterly.”

Draco nodded with satisfaction.

Ron looked puzzled. “Malfoy, that doesn’t seem like very much money.”

“That’s because, Weasley, you’re thinking what you spend on the item, not what it takes to make it. Here is an example for you. You like sugar quills, right?” At Ron’s nod, Draco continued. “You buy a box of six quills for three Sickles, but it only takes twenty Knuts to make the quills; if you add in packaging and stuff, you have a two Sickle profit on every box of quills you sell. Say in three months, you sell three hundred boxes of those quills; that quarter on that item alone, you made six hundred Sickles, or thirty-six Galleons, or 17,400 Knuts. Six percent of that would be 1,044 Knuts, or thirty-six sickles, or a little over two Galleons.”

Ron looked at him in amazement. Who knew Malfoy had a brain? he said to himself. Out loud, he said, “So I would make almost nine Galleons a year by doing nothing at all. Wow!”

“That would be per trick, Weasley. So if you came up with four or five tricks, you’re talking thirty-six to forty-five Galleons just rolling in. Now, since your brothers are starting out, I would take your profits in goods from the store for the first year. Get everyone excited about the product, and they’ll buy it.” Draco then turned to the twins. “I suggest you hire a business manager and create contracts with everyone, even your family; that way no one feels cheated or taken advantage of. You also could renew the contracts every two years. Obviously, the more people buy of a certain trick, the less it costs you, and you can adjust the percentages from there.”

“Any other suggestions, Draco?” Percy asked with a smile. Fred and George were hanging on Draco’s every word. He had to admit Draco had some sound advice.

“Something that might get people in your door would be a contest. To win, people have to send in an idea for some kind of charm or trick. How it works. How long it would work, etcetera. The winner would get twenty Galleons, and you two would create and market the trick. People would flock to the stores to see how they could improve on what you already have.”

“Malfoy, how do you know about this kind of stuff?” Hermione asked casually.

“I’m the Malfoy heir. I could run the entire Malfoy empire right now if I had to. I don’t exactly get to do a lot of fun stuff during my holidays.”

“You put it right out of your head, dear. You and the rest of the family will have great fun. Hopefully you won’t have any more tricks played on you, but if there are, you have my permission to get them back,” Molly Weasley said as she glared at the twins. She turned to Katie. “Now, what have you decided for the wedding?”

“Well, I decided I wanted a more Muggle wedding, with gowns and tuxedos rather than robes. Dumbledore said he’d be happy to perform the ceremony. With the boys wearing black tuxes, the girls will be in shades of blue. Ginny is going to be in ice blue; Hermione’s will be the same shade of blue she wore to the Yule Ball her fourth year; Fleur will be in blue-grey. My cousin Zaria will be in just a regular blue shade, Alicia will be in a royal blue, and Angelina, who is my maid of honor, will be in sapphire blue,” Katie explained to everyone. ”The boys will have ties and cummerbunds – that’s something that goes around your waist – to match the dress of the girl you’ll be walking down with.”

“So who’s walking down with whom?” Draco asked.

“Angelina and Fred, Alicia and George, Fleur and Bill, Charlie and Zaria, Harry and Ginny, Ron and Hermione,” Percy recited from memory.

George and Fred exchanged a glance with Ron and Ginny. “Fleur. Hmmmm. Do you think our big brother’s going to snag himself a veela?” George asked, snickering.

“Bill is seeing Fleur?” Ron asked, amazed that his brother and his former crush had started dating. “Why does no one tell me anything?”

Katie answered him. “It wasn’t planned, Ron. Fleur was asked by the French Ministry of Magic to go to Egypt and help with some veela curses. They had her working with your brother; they’ve been seeing each other ever since. I don’t think they know where it’s going. Fleur is in the wedding for one reason – my cousin couldn’t make it. Percy had asked Bill to be in the wedding. Bill wrote back asking if it was okay if he brought Fleur. Since she was coming, I asked her if she wanted to be in it with Bill. She accepted. My other cousin who was supposed to be in it, Natalie, got a very important job at the last minute, and she couldn’t be sure it would be finished in time for the wedding.”

“I didn’t know you had any cousins, Katie,” said Harry.
“Well, they have lived in America for many years. Zaria and Natalie are sisters. The actual biological connection is they are my mother’s half-sister’s children. She married a Muggle, and they all moved to America when I was three. They both went to the Salem Institute. We usually got together for summer holidays. They are both quite a bit older than me. Zaria’s eight years older, and Natalie is six.”

“What do they do?” Hermione asked.

“Zaria is a leading medi-witch, who is exceptionally brilliant in potions. She’s actually one of the chief scientists today trying to cure lycanthropy. She helped create the Wolfsbane Potion. Natalie is a lawyer, barrister over here. She specializes in getting those that were wrongly convicted set free.”

Katie missed the look that passed between Ron, Hermione and Harry. They all mouthed, “Snuffles.”

She continued. “Then there is little ol’ me. Just the Quidditch player.”

“You are NOT just a Quidditch player!” exclaimed Percy. “You had every one of England’s teams fighting for the privilege of having you on their team. You narrowed it down to Puddlemere and Chudley. Puddlemere is the one that came through with the best contract. Thirty-five thousand Galleons your first year, plus a guaranteed increase of fifteen percent per year, even if you’re on maternity leave, for seven years. The best thing is if you get injured to the point you can’t play Quidditch again, they have to pay out the rest of your contract. They bloody well better be on their knees thanking Merlin you decided to play with them.”

“Percy!”

“Sorry, Mum.”

“Thank you, sweetie; it’s nice to know you’re on my side,” said Katie as she leaned over to kiss him. She was aiming for his cheek. Percy being a Weasley, though, waited until the last minute, and their mouths met instead.

“Oh no!” Everyone but Molly and Draco groaned and let out a huge sigh.

“What’s wrong?” asked Draco, who was confused with their reaction.

“Now that Katibell has the Percy growth back on her face, we’ll never get them separated,” Fred said melodramatically.

Draco grinned at the VERY obvious display of affection between Katie and Percy. Now he knew the story of them being caught by Dumbledore was right on. He couldn’t help but think he’d never observed his parents acting in such a way. Appearances were everything, even in front of the children. Draco felt Ginny’s hand steal into his and give it another squeeze. He looked up into her dark brown eyes and smiled at her. Ginny smiled back.

“Oi, Malfoy, you want to go to the pond tomorrow?” asked Ron.

“The pond?”

“Yeah, we have a pond in the back deep enough to swim in. Our dad made it,” explained Ron.

“You know how to swim, don’t you, Malfoy?” Harry asked a bit snidely.

“Of course I know how to swim, Potter,” Draco snapped back.

“Why don’t we ask Angelina and Alicia to come over tomorrow as well?”

“Spiffing idea, Fred. Let’s go owl them now. Excuse us, Mum; dinner was great,” said George as he got up from the table.

“Yeah, Mum, thanks,” added Fred, as he followed his brother from the room.

By this time, Katie and Percy had separated from each other. “Mum, Katie and I are going to leave now. I’ll talk to Dad, Bill and Charlie tomorrow.”

Molly Weasley raised an eyebrow. Percy tried but didn’t quite manage to hide his blush. “Fine. I’ll see you soon.” She shook her head like she didn’t know what they would be up to this evening. “I’ll clean up. Why don’t the rest of you go into the living room and play a game of some sort?”

“All right, Mum,” said Ron as Draco, Ginny, Harry and Hermione followed him out of the room.

Once they were in the living room, Hermione asked, ”So what do you want to do?”

Ginny grabbed Draco’s hand. “We are going for a walk outside in the garden.” When she saw the look on Ron’s face, she added, “A walk, Ron, not a shag. We’ll be back in a bit.”

As they left the house, they saw Percy and Katie kissing on the porch as they got ready to Apparate to Percy’s flat. Ginny tugged on Draco’s hand and dragged him into the shadows of the garden. Draco followed quite willingly.
Ginny stopped suddenly. “Is this weird for you too? I’m not talking about the plan, but us. You and me, it feels so strange to be drawn to you. I’m used to despising you.”

Draco sat on a bench located under the tree in the yard. He pulled Ginny onto his lap; as he did, she wrapped her arms around him. “I do know what you mean, Ginny. I’m never going to be save-the-world-Potter. I’m moody, often grumpy, and very spoiled. I hate losing. I do not share. I’ve always been given everything I ever wanted. I’ll never be – what is it Muggles call them? – a Prince Charming. I’m too Slytherin for it. I know I sound like a bad investment, but I want what we have. What I know we could become. I’ll do whatever it takes to keep feeling the way I do when I’m with you, Flame.”

“Becoming mushy, aren’t you? I don’t want you to be anyone or anything other than what you are. A few days out of the month, I can be moodier and out Slytherin you. If I can handle you, you can handle me. Why do you call me Flame? Is it because of the hair?” Ginny asked as she put her head on his shoulder.

“Yes and no.” Draco laughed at the scowl Ginny was giving him. “I call you Flame in part because of your hair, but it’s also from when you first kissed me. It made me feel warm, like I was standing next to a warm fire.”

Draco felt Ginny blush as she hid her face in the crook of his neck. “Don’t you call me Dragon because of my name?” Draco asked her.

“Yes and no.” Ginny parroted his earlier answer, with a very Malfoy like smirk. “I’ve always found dragons very fascinating. They aren’t as unredeemable as one might think. They also require expert handling. Just like you,” she said as she kissed the tip of his nose.

She pulled back for a moment and moved, so that she was straddling his lap. Ginny took Draco’s face in her hands and leaned forward. Draco’s lips met hers at first with a gentle, brushing movement. Then they deepened the kiss as they wrapped their arms around each other. Mouths opened, and tongues began to explore as they let their hands wander up and down each other’s bodies. This went on for several enjoyable minutes.

“GINNY! DRACO!”

They both froze at the sound of Hermione’s voice as it cut
across the peacefulness of the garden.

“I’m just the messenger here, but Ron is about to explode. He has so much steam coming out of his ears you’d think he took Pepperup potion. You have two minutes to get in the house, or he’s coming out here to look for you. Draco, just for the record, I told him because of this stunt the next time he wants some alone time with me, you get to interrupt,” Hermione called out as she walked to the far edge of the garden.

Ginny started to giggle as she got off Draco’s lap. “I’m sorry about my brother.”

“Don’t be. If I had a little sister and all of a sudden she was snogging someone I’d once considered my worst enemy, I’d be doing the same thing.” Draco stood and held out his hand to her. “Shall we go back?”

“Let’s go, my Dragon Prince, before Ron has some kind of fit.”

“Tomorrow promises to be very interesting,” said Draco as they walked back to the house hand in hand. “You know, you’d think your brother would learn to behave, so Granger wouldn’t yell at him.”

“Draco, he LIKES it when she yells at him; the more they fight, the more they can make up.”

“Maybe Weasley does know what he’s doing. You want to help me get back at the twins tomorrow? Better yet, do you think your mother would help us?” Draco asked as they arrived on the porch.

“I’m in; I’m sure Mum would love to help. What’s the idea?”

“Can she make lollipops in different flavors and colors?” Draco asked, a great idea forming in his head.

“Yes, she can. Draco! What is the idea?” Ginny demanded, stamping her foot.

“I’ll tell you first thing tomorrow. I promise,” Draco said as he gave her a quick kiss on the nose. “I have to go talk to your mother.”

Draco then went into the kitchen. Ginny watched him as he talked to her mother. Her mother was nodding and laughing about whatever he was saying. She’d obviously agreed to help. Draco pressed some money in her mother’s hand; when her mother tried to give it back, he politely refused. He looked up and saw Ginny watching him and began to walk toward her.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Interlude 4

“What happened next, Daddy?” Marissa demanded, jumping up and down on Draco’s lap.

Draco laughed as he kissed Marissa on the tip of her nose. “Marissa, it’s late. Why don’t you say goodbye to everyone? I’ll tell you some more of the story tonight before you go to bed, okay?”

“Oh-tay.” Marissa ran around the table, kissing each of her uncles and hugging her aunts. “Bye, Unca Ron, Aunt ‘Mione, Unca Georgie, Aunt ‘Licia, Unca Bill, Aunt Fleur, Unca Harry, Aunt Jules, Unca Charlie, Aunt Laura, Unca Percy, Aunt Katie, Unca Fred, Aunt Angel, and Gwampa and Gwamma!”
Marissa always said goodbye to the family like this. Christy had taken to doing the same thing. Some of the others, as well. They all had learned if it worked for the youngest, it would work for most of the rest.

Marissa sat on Molly’s lap with her arms around her. Draco watched his youngest daughter with her grandmother. They had shared a special bond from the first moment Draco had put her in Molly’s arms and told her she was holding her namesake. Marissa adored Narcissa as well, but the relationship wasn’t the same as that between Marissa and Molly.

Draco thought about his parents and the relationship they had with his children. His father didn’t understand why, after Jason was born, he and Ginny had decided to have more children. Both of the Malfoys were closer to their eldest grandchildren. Probably because they thought that would be it for the Malfoys. He sat back at the table and let his eyes drift around the room, so he could watch his family.

“Daddy? What did Uncle Draco do to get back at you and Uncle Fred?” Diana asked.

“He created one of our top ten bestselling products even to this day. I still remember that next day. Fred and I were following Angelina and Alicia around like a pair of fools. We have expanded on his idea since then,” George said, laughing. “Though to give true credit where it’s due, Hermione and Ron came up with the third highest selling product.”

Ron’s ears turned bright pink. “It wasn’t such a big thing.”

“Yes, it was, Ron. You saw it, asked about it, and then wisely asked your girlfriend how it could be done.”

“Well, I have to admit it did – and still does – make us a lot of money. Thankfully, it all stays in the family,” Ron said as he buried his face in Christy’s bushy, brown hair. His arm was around Hermione, who was happily debating Ministry issues with Percy.

“Mummy, what did you and Daddy make for Unca Gred and Unca Forge?” Christy asked, interrupting her mother.
Fred and George started laughing, and the other adults began to smile as well.

Hermione scowled at the twins and stood up. She unbuttoned her blue jumper and took it off, revealing a matching blue halter dress with a full skirt and a low back. “This,” she said, gesturing to her back, “is what Daddy and I made for your uncles’ store.” As Hermione turned around, everyone admired the dark brown henna tattoo design that began at the nape of her neck and disappeared under her dress.
Christy stared open-mouthed at it. “How’d you do that, Mummy?”

Hermione sat back down. “Mummy and Daddy created tattoo pens. One set makes henna tattoos in different colors and sizes, and it last close to ten weeks; another set draws regular tattoos and is permanent; the last set is like the second, but they are temporary and wear off in a few weeks. The size of the pen shows how large the tattoo can be. Some are pre-charmed with specific designs; others, the more expensive ones, can be charmed to whatever design you want.”

“That’s a great design, Hermione. When did you get it done?” Katie asked.

“A few weeks ago, when we all got together for Ginny’s last spa day. I always have it done after I’ve had a massage. Ron appreciates the spa days, don’t you, sweetie? I don’t always do the same designs; sometimes I do my wrists instead, or my ankles. One time, I did one on my belly.”

“Love those spa days. My favorite one was the time she came back and had the henna designs from hip to ankle on both legs.” Ron smiled at the memory of just how his wife showed him where those particular designs began and left off.

“Ginny? Why don’t you let the children stay over? They are already half asleep. Your father and I could drop them off tomorrow,” Molly offered.

“Gwamma, we can’t! If we do, I won’t hear more about Dwagon and his Flame. The part where he gets even with the Pwincess’s bwothers is coming up. He embarrassed them in front of their girlfriends.”

“So you like that story, eh, Marissa?” Arthur asked as he picked her up. “You want to hear about some old prince, then stay here in your mum’s old room?”

Marissa scrunched up her face, as if weighing a heavy decision.

“Rissa, don’t forget we’re going to see Grandfather and Grandmother tomorrow for tea,” David said.

“That’s right, Marissa; we have to see your other
grandparents tomorrow. You can come back another day and spend the night in my old room, okay? Maybe next weekend, when we go pick up Nick and Ally from King’s Cross. We’re picking them up on Friday. On Saturday next, you can come over and spend the night if you want.“

Marissa raised a single eyebrow at her mother and sighed heavily. “Oh-tay.”

Ginny looked at Draco. “It’s in the Malfoy genes, isn’t it?”

“What is?”

“The scowling, that eyebrow thing, and the smirk.”

“Nope, it can’t just be the Malfoy genes.”

“And why not?” Ginny demanded with a raised eyebrow.

“Because you do it too.”

Ginny grabbed him by the collar and gave him a smacking kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you back,” replied Draco.

“I love you more.”

“I love you EVEN more.”

“I love you even more than that.”

“I love you to infinity.”

“I love you beyond infinity.”

“She’s got you there, Draco,” said Hermione as she saw the volley between the two of them finally stop. “Unca Dwaco, someone wants to say good night to you.” She motioned with her head to Christy, who was falling asleep in her mother’s arms.

Draco held out his arms, and Christy dropped herself into them with all the confidence of a child who has always been caught. "So, Miss Christy, are you going home?"

"My Unca Dwaco, I sowwy Daddy used to be so mean to you," said Christy; she and Marissa both dropped their R’s when tired or excited.

"Don't be. I wasn't always nice either."

"Do you like my daddy now?"

"Christy, your daddy and I are never going to be friends like your daddy and Uncle Harry are."

Christy wrinkled her nose and said, "I don't like R.J. and Joey; they are always teasing me. I want you to like my daddy, Unca Dwaco."

"I do like your daddy. He, your mum, and your uncle Harry took extra good care of your aunt Ginny when I was away from her. I owe them for that."

Christy patted the sides of his face with her little hands and gave him a kiss. "Can I spend the night with Rissa?"

"Did you ask your parents?"

Christy nodded her head energetically. "Dey said I had to ask you and Aunt Ginny."

"You'll be a good girl and go right to bed?"

Christy nodded again.

"Why do you want to stay over tonight?"

"I want to hear more about Dwagon in the stowy."

"Ginny!" Draco asked his wife, who was collecting their children. "Is it all right if Christy spends the night?"

"Fine with me."

"Okay, runt, you get to come over. But you'll have to go home by lunch time, since we are going to go visit my family tomorrow."

Christy's eyes narrowed a bit. "Luscious Malfoy is your daddy?"

Draco fought to keep a straight face. Not an easy task when the rest of the family had burst out laughing, including Ginny, his wife. "It’s pronounced Lou-see-us, Christy."

"Dat's what I said: Lush-ce-us."

By now, the rest of the adults were almost in tears, due to laughing so hard.

"I tired, Unca Dwaco. Can we go?"

"Yeah. Let's get everyone ready, so we can go."

After a few last minute hugs and kisses, they were standing by the fireplace to Floo home.

"Draco, take David and Jason. I've got Nate, Marissa and Shannon. Ron and ‘Mione can follow with Christy," Ginny directed.

"Yes, ma'am," said Draco with a snappy salute.

In a flash of green flames, they were home once again. Draco helped Ginny from the fireplace and dusted her off.

"Now, Ginny, you take Nate and sit in the sofa for a bit. I'll tell Nanny to come down and get him. I'll get the rest of the munchkins ready for bed. Tell Ron or ‘Mione to bring Christy up when they come," Draco said. "Now, I want all of you children in your pajamas and in bed in fifteen minutes, or no more story."

There was a flurry as the kids ran up the stairs.

"I hurrying, Daddy. 'Cause I want my stowy," Marissa said as she followed her siblings out the door.

“If anyone wants to hear more of the Dragon Prince, be in Marissa’s room in twenty minutes.”

“Yiiipppppeeee!” Marissa danced up the stairs, so she could meet the deadline and get ready for Christy’s arrival.
Draco kissed Ginny on the top of her head. “I’ll get them in bed and kiss them good-night for you. I’ll meet you up in our room later, okay?”

“All right. I’ll keep Nate for a few minutes, so I can say goodnight. I’ll call for Nanny in a bit.”

Draco kissed the top of Nate’s head and placed another, longer kiss on Ginny’s lips. The kiss would have gone a bit further, if Nate hadn’t started fussing. “We’ll continue this later, if you aren’t too tired.”

Ginny wiggled her eyebrows, winked and gave him the same smile she had given him the first night they’d ever made love together. Draco walked out of the room, into the foyer, and began climbing the stairs.

As soon as he left, Hermione and Ron Flooed into the room with Christy. “Sorry we took so long, Ginny. I had to Apparate home, for someone’s b-e-a-r,” explained Hermione.

“It’s fine. Better head up to Marissa’s room, Christy. Uncle Draco’s about to tell the story.”

“Weally? Bye, Mummy; bye, Daddy.” Christy quickly kissed them both goodbye and shot out of the room.

“Gin, let me take this little one.” Ron picked up Nate. “Hi, Nate.” Ron began to make funny faces at him. It was making Nate giggle like mad.

“Don’t get him too excited, Ron. He needs to go to sleep soon,” chided Hermione, as she sat down beside Ginny.

“Why don’t you two talk for a bit? I’ll go put this rascal to sleep. No hurry; the rest of the kids decided to stay at Mum’s. Be back in a bit.” Ron kissed Hermione on the head.

Hermione rolled her eyes at Ginny. “Don’t mind him; he thinks he’s getting lucky tonight.” At Ginny’s glance, she conceded, “Okay, maybe he will. You look a little pale. Want a cup of tea?”

“If you push that button over there on that box and ask for tea, it’ll be brought to us.”

Hermione pushed the button. A few minutes after she put in her request, a house-elf popped in with tea and popped back out. “Remember S.P.E.W.?”

“Yes. Draco pays all of our elves, and they get two days off a month.”

“I wasn’t going to say anything about the elves. Ginny, are you taking care of yourself and the baby?”

“Like Draco allows me to do anything else. You know how he gets when I’m pregnant.”

“Just like Ron, probably. They would hate the fact that they are so alike in their dealings with their families. You know, Ron and I have discussed possibly trying for another baby.”

“Really? I thought after Christy you said you were done. She made six.”

“I thought so, but I’m still young. I have to confess I miss holding a baby. I miss the way Ron would talk to my belly when I was pregnant. I guess it’s just that I feel so blessed. Our year from Hogwarts was very lucky; our family was lucky. Not everyone’s family was like that – the Creeveys, the Diggorys, and Susan Bones’ parents. I wonder if the war would have ended when it did if more of the Slytherins from our year had become Death Eaters.”

“I know. Crabbe and Goyle had just joined when it was assumed Draco had been killed. They immediately joined Dumbledore and Snape in spying on Voldemort. They cared more about him than the power Voldemort could have given them. I didn’t know they had it in them.”

“Dumbledore relied on them to help Lucius bring down Voldemort. Did you know Crabbe married Susan Bones? I believe Goyle married Millicent Bulstrode.”

“Draco is godfather to Crabbe’s son. You have to admit the one marriage that truly shocked everyone, after Oliver and Penelope’s, was Flint and Pansy Parkinson. I guess once she got her nose fixed and he got his teeth fixed, it was true love.”

Hermione had to giggle at that pairing. “Come on, Ginny. I’ll walk with you upstairs, grab Ron and get home, so we can have a little adult fun.”

“All right.”

As they made their way upstairs, they passed Marissa’s room. They could see through the door all the blankets the kids had spread out on the floor. They also saw Ron standing by the door, listening in on the story. Draco’s voice carried out the open door.

“You see, kids, after the prince and princess came back from the kitchen, they played a few games of Exploding Snap with Harry, Ron and Hermione. They then said their good nights to each other and went to bed. The prince woke up early and crept down to the kitchen; he saw the sweets the princess’s mother had set out. He took out his wand and said. . . “
Leave a Review