Fresh out of Hogwarts, Ginny Weasley moves out of the Burrow to start life on her own. Along the way, she is thrust into wizarding high society and, before long, into the arms of Draco Malfoy. But are all the finely dressed witches and wizards she meets really as they seem?

Category: Long and Completed
Rating: Sorta Naughty
Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley
Compliant with: All but epilogue
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes
Series: None

Chapters: 9 | Word count: 25125 | Read count: 51215 | Published: May 20, 2008 | Updated: Jun 05, 2008
[Report This]

(Reviews - 72) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook
Story notes:

Disclaimer: J.K. Rowling owns all things Harry Potter.

This story was written for costanza as part of the 2008 D/G Fic Exchange on LJ. It was inspired in part by Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey, but it is not by any means a direct adaptation. Readers familiar with the novel will recognize that I have borrowed some elements from it, but they are heavily modified to fit Draco and Ginny’s characters and situation, and some of the parallels are quite subtle. Out of respect for Jane Austen, I made no attempt to imitate her style. I hope you enjoy it!

Original Prompt:

BRIEFLY describe what you'd like to receive if you were to get a fic by describing...

The tone/mood of the fic: I'd like a comedy of manners, please! Something Jane Austen-y? ... maybe a D/G Northanger Abbey? (But with Ginny not quite so naive as Catherine Morland!). It doesn't have to be set in Regency (because then I get very picky about accuracy, I'm afraid), I just love fics in which there's a kind of Slytherin aristocracy which Ginny infiltrates in some way. Love across the class divide and all that. Post-Hogwarts, preferably.

An element/line of dialogue/object you would like in your fic: "If I loved you less I could talk about it more", or another Jane Austen quote (if you're not a Jane Austen fan, lots are easily found on google. I don't mind adapting, either.)

Preferred rating of the the fic you want: up to you, whatever fits

Canon or AU? either

Deal Breakers (what don't you want?): Adultery, long-haired Draco, sappy Draco, unhappy endings (Draco and Ginny apart or dead. Other casualties are generally acceptable if well done and conducive to the plot!)

1. Part I (Reviews - 13) 2022 words



2. Part II (Reviews - 5) 2798 words



3. Part III (Reviews - 5) 3568 words



4. Part IV (Reviews - 9) 2468 words



5. Part V (Reviews - 4) 2595 words



6. Part VI (Reviews - 4) 3843 words



7. Part VII (Reviews - 11) 3321 words



8. Part VIII (Reviews - 4) 2495 words



9. Part IX: Epilogue (Reviews - 17) 2015 words