Draco Malfoy breathed in the crisp air. The night brought him back to himself, blocked out the events of earlier. It had started all right, with a party and a girl. Now here he was, no girl, out of the party. Nothing at all.




Draco entered the Slytherin common room, Pansy Parkinson on his arm. Music was blaring, and the dance was going strong. Draco greeted Blaise and her date, making sure the boy knew that if he hurt his best friend, he would be dead.

He didn’t have time to start conversation before Pansy yanked him onto the dance floor. His body automatically moved to the beat of the music, although he wasn’t paying attention. He watched his girlfriend, mimicking her movements. She drove him crazy, leaning at weird angles and purposely showing off the lovely curves she wouldn’t let him touch. Yet.

Not that she hadn’t already let him. Pansy just objected to him touching during the dance- and had let him know this in very few words. He could understand that, even if it did irritate him.

Part way through the third or fourth song Draco got bored with the dancing and took a seat at one of the tables, sipping some punch. Blaise flounced over, skirts contrasting the boyish façade she’d shown for years.

“So…?” She looked at him coyly.

He laughed. “Dancing bores me.”

Blaise bit her lip. “That’s not the Draco I remember.”

He turned away, watching Pansy talking to Nott. It was true; it wasn’t the dancing that made him want to sit down. “Something’s just not right. It hasn’t been for awhile.”

Blaise grabbed his arm. “C’mon, I know you’ll dance with me.”

Draco smirked. “You just can’t resist someone as sexy as myself.”

Blaise swatted him. “C’mon Casanova, lets dance.” As she swept him away, Draco muttered, “Don’t have much of a choice do I?”

As they twisted and spun to the fast song, Draco watched his lovely partner. Blaise had been his best friend since they were both kids. The two had spent innumerable hours with one another. He was closer to her than he was his own family.

As he gazed at her, the lights made her face look beautiful. Blaise had grown into a woman while he wasn’t looking, but he was finding he didn’t mind. He sighed as he looked into her eyes.

She glanced up. “What is it?”

Draco looked away. “Why couldn’t I have fallen in love with you?”

“We weren’t meant to be lovers, Draco. Friends maybe, or family even, but not lovers.” She smiled at him kindly.

Before Draco could even respond, Pansy had swept in and pulled him off into a darker corner of the party. She grinned at him.

“Changed our mind, did we?” Draco smirked.

“Shut up,” Pansy commanded before forcing her mouth against his.

Draco’s experienced mouth molded to hers swiftly. She moaned in pleasure, yet Draco didn’t respond. He didn’t feel the overwhelming urge Pansy seemed to be consumed by. In the back of his mind was just the note that Pansy was an all right kisser.

The girl in question pulled her mouth back from his. “You don’t feel anything, do you?”

“What?” Draco said simply, but he knew that he agreed with her.

“It’s because I don’t have red hair, isn’t it?”

“What?!” Draco repeated, true confusion running through his voice now. “What are you talking about?”

“I’ve seen you talk to her in the halls. You seem to be with her all the time these days.”

Draco blanched, “You mean the Weasley? I’m not around her by choice, she drives me insane. Do you not remember that she hexed me forward, backwards and sideways?”

Pansy mumbled something.

“Hm…?” Draco inquired.

“I think your definition of hexed is different than mine.”

“Pansy! You’re being completely unreasonable!”

“I’m being- Urg!” Pansy slapped him.

The action didn’t have that much force behind it, but it surprised Draco and he fell into the crowd behind.

No matter how angry she had become, Pansy had never raised a hand, and yet here she had slapped him.

He became aware of eyes on him. The crowd in the common room was looking at him and Pansy. Each with a different look, but none as surprised as he was.

Draco picked himself up from the floor of the dungeon and fled the common room.

Out in the dungeon halls he stormed around, attempting to relieve his anger. He wasn’t actually mad at Pansy. Other than slapping him, she hadn’t done anything.
Blaise, too, had just been trying to cheer him up. Even the rest of his house hadn’t actually been at fault. Draco was just angry.

Finally he looked around, trying to self-locate. This was a corner of the dungeons he had not seen before. This was unusual. Draco had been sure that he knew every inch of the dungeons.

As he looked around, he saw a statue of a snake. He stopped before it, staring.

Suddenly the statue hissed, “What do you need child?”

Draco jumped at the noise. It was not uncommon for statues in the castle to talk, but Draco was not familiar with this particular statue.

“Nothing,” he growled slightly.

“You sound like a lion, dear snake. Relying on your own strength. Not taking advantage of services offered. I ask again: what do you need?”

Draco heard footsteps behind him in the corridor. Pansy or Blaise was looking for him.

“I need to get out of here,” he said quickly.

The statue’s body twisted around and it plunged into the wall. The stone surface rippled as if it was water. After a second the snake thrust its head from the wall. Its mouth opened wider, becoming a passage large enough for even the great oaf, Hagrid, to pass through. Draco hesitated, but hearing footsteps behind him, he stepped through the passage.




Draco pulled out of his memories. He was still confused as to how the passage in the dungeons had led him to the roof. This was Hogwarts though, and anything was possible.

He spat over the side of the castle, watching the fluid hit the ground. Quite the night he’d had.

As he watched, a figure on a broom flew over the grounds. Watching the figure’s erratic movements he could tell that the person- whoever it was- was just as frustrated with the world as he was.

As the broom passed over his head its path wobbled. Draco looked up just as the rider fell into his lap. He looked down…into the face of Ginny Weasley.

She was unconscious, thus the falling from the broom. The youngest Weasley, laying in his lap. This wasn’t exactly the plan for coming up here.

Pansy thought he had something going with this girl. He had to admit she was slightly good looking. She was a Weasley though. Forbidden. Even if she wasn’t, she hated him, and he was supposed to hate her.

He didn’t though- hate her that is. Her brother was a sodding git, but not her. She was kind to most everyone, except him. The only thing he could find wrong with her was that she still chased the dead shadow of Potter. The Boy Who Lived still hung around Hogwarts even after his death it seemed.

Her small form stirred in his lap. The heat from he body pressing up against the point in between his legs. Draco fought his body, but the arousal seeped through his body faster than anything he had ever felt.

Ginny’s form curled against him, molded to him. Her hands moved across his covered chest, and he hissed at the feeling that coursed through his body.

Her eyes shot open at the sound. Ginny jumped up and away from him. “Not you again.”

Draco moved towards her. “What? Again? Hey, you fell onto me. I didn’t…”

She continued backing up, and Draco’s voice trailed off as he realized that she was getting dangerously close to the edge of the roof platform.

“Weaslette- Weasley- Red-”

She toppled over the edge of the roof.

“Ginny…”

Author notes: It would seem that Ginny is doing quite a bit of falling lately wouldn’t it…?

Leave a Review