“We can’t keep doing this,” murmured Ginny, twisting her upper body around in his embrace to meet his gray eyes. “We have to tell them. We can’t keep running around like we’re criminals.”

“And we will tell them,” said Draco, bending down to kiss the outer shell of her ear. She shivered, leaning back against his warm body. “Soon.”

She glanced slyly up at him. “I think you’re just saying that to get in my pants.”

“Mm,” he said, kissing his way up her neck. He paused at the sensitive spot behind her ear, and she moaned, tilting her head back to give him more access. “What gave it away?”

She turned around, wrapping her arms around his neck and looking up at him, her eyes solemn. “The war has been over for three years, Draco. We have to tell them. They’ll understand.”

He sighed, ducking his head. “They’ll never… why would they trust me? For all they know, I’m still the enemy that just bought his way out of Azkaban.”

“Well, I know better,” said Ginny fiercely, “and if they don’t believe me then - then, we’re better off without them! We’ll move away, avoid all contact until they believe you--”

“You don’t believe that,” said Draco softly, reaching a hand up to push a lock of fiery red hair behind her ear. “And what kind of boyfriend would I be, if I came between you and your parents?”

A dry sob escaped her lips, and she buried her head in his chest, clutching him tightly. “How can anyone possibly say you’re bad if you say things like that?”

They had first met three months after the war with Voldemort ended. They had been placed on the same recuperation team along with three other people, and had been expected to rebuild a house that had been burnt to the ground sometime before the Final Battle - which is harder than it looks when you're not allowed to use magic (part of the “Wizards and Muggles are equal” idea).

After two months, and several hard hours of pure labor, the Tallys had a new house, and Ginny Weasley had finally convinced Draco Malfoy to do something besides sneer and order people around.

From there it progressed to Thursdays at four, when Draco discovered that the youngest Weasley spent an hour each week reading at the Heatherfield library.

“Have you resorted to stalking the girls you want to sleep with?” asked Ginny coolly, as she scanned the shelves for a book by Andrew Westerby.

“Please,” said Draco, sneering. “Even someone like Longbottom could do better than a Weasley.”

“You’re doing it again,” sighed Ginny, turning from the bookshelf to face him. She raised her eyebrows at him pointedly, and crossed her arms. “Can you honestly go through one day without acting like a pretentious git?”

The tips of his ears reddened, and he drew himself up, staring at her with a cold fury in his eyes. “I’ll have you know--”

“Save it, Malfoy,” said Ginny, brushing past him airily.

“I’m not done with you!” snapped Draco, stalking after her angrily.

After three such conversations, all of which ended in both sides falling into a sulky silence, Ginny grabbed Draco by his collar, pulled him down to her level, and kissed him.

He broke apart, gasping, a hand rising to touch his lips. He stared at her as if he had never seen anything like her. “Weasley, you--”

She looked at him, her dark brown eyes guarded. “Say it,” she said. “Go ahead and say whatever witty insult you’ve thought up--” She broke off as he put a hand around the back of her neck and bent down, kissing her deeply.

And thus started a secret, and forbidden romance between a Weasley and a Malfoy. Three weeks into the affair and Ginny finally told Harry that she had moved on, though she refused to tell who it was. It was now more than two years after they had became lovers, and Ginny had yet to tell any of her family.

Ginny pulled back slightly from Draco, looking up at him. “Can we tell them? Soon?”

“All right,” relented Draco, a frown tugging at his lips. She reached up, standing on her tiptoes, and kissed him hard, her arms sliding around his neck. He smiled against her lips against his will. “Is this your way of persuading me? Because I already said yes.”

“This is my way of thanking you,” said Ginny, slightly breathless as she pulled back. She smiled, and he couldn’t help but notice how she glowed, now that her internal battle had been resolved. “For giving me the two most wonderful things in the world.”

“Oh?”

“You, and my family,” smiled Ginny. “Together, in the same house, without blowing each other up. Nothing could make me happier.”

“We’ll see about that…” smirked Draco, his hands sliding up her shirt.

ooo

“You ready?” asked Ginny nervously, her eyes meeting his. He looked away, and Ginny was surprised to see a thin sheet of sweat on his face. They were standing outside the Burrow, and Ginny had made sure it was just her parents (Draco had confessed that if all six Weasley sons were there, he wasn’t sure he’d survive).

He closed his eyes. “I can’t do this.” He pulled his hand out of hers and backed away, pulling his wand out to Apparate away.

“Draco, no!” cried Ginny, stepping towards him, an arm thrown out towards him.

He paused, and as his eyes met her, his expression softened. He held his arms out hesitantly and she melted into him, her arms going around his waist. “Don’t leave,” she whispered. “Please.”

She waited, as one moment folded into another, and yet all she heard was the cicadas chirping. “Are you… ashamed of me?” she whispered, trying to pull away from him to see his expression.

His hold on her tightened, and he said, his voice trembling slightly, “My God, Weasley, can’t you give a man a minute? I’m about to meet the parents of the woman of my dreams here. Give me a break.”

Ginny laughed breathlessly, burying her head into the crook of his neck. “You don’t want to back out?” she asked, her voice muffled.

He swallowed. “Never.”

“Who would believe Draco Malfoy was such a romantic pansy?” asked Ginny teasingly, a few minutes later as they made their way slowly to the front door, her hand held tightly by his. “Or such a wuss when it came to meeting the parents.”

He jerked her down off the front step, and she stumbled down into his arms, laughing. She cut off as he kissed her passionately, mindless of who might see them. “In case I don’t make it,” he said, as he let her go.

She grinned at him, her face flushed, her eyes sparkling. “I’ll go first,” she said, and he reluctantly let her hand slip through his, as he followed her up the stairs. He paused at the door, watching silently as she went through the door, calling, “Mum?”

“In here, darling,” called a cheerful, worn out voice from the living room. Draco followed slowly behind Ginny as she gestured to him. He paused, just out of sight of her parents, as she ran in to give them each a hug.

Ginny took a deep breath, smiling slightly at her mother’s questioning look, and took a step back, smiling over at Draco.

“Who’s there, dear?” asked her mother, confused.

“Mum, Dad,” said Ginny, glancing at them both before looking back at Draco. “There’s someone I want you to meet.”
The End.
BumblebeesRock is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked Meet the Parents also liked 1092 other stories.
Leave a Review