COMPLETE! Yey! A woman of society, Astoria Malfoy nee Greengrass, has been brutally murdered - is it the money, revenge, or mindless rage? Any of those motives would automatically result in suspecting her husband.
Chief Investigator of Manslaughter Squad, Auror Potter is personally in charge of the investigation, but it is Ginevra Weasley, a rookie Auror of Morality Guard, who brings in the man Potter is looking for – Draco Malfoy.
Category: Long and Completed
Rating: Not Naughty
Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter
Compliant with: OotP and below
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Mystery
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes
Series: None

Chapters: 6 | Word count: 31264 | Read count: 17759 | Published: Oct 28, 2009 | Updated: Apr 16, 2011
[Report This]

(Reviews - 43) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook
Story notes: Disclaimer: I own a flat, a laptop, and a phone. Even my car belongs to my husband. So no, I don't own Draco, Ginny or any other characters of the book. Plot is mine in a way, but I don't really believe in originality.

1. Chapter 1 (Reviews - 16) 5896 words

A/N 1: If it helps, it's now year 2007. Harry and his year graduated Hogwarts in 1998. The canon of books 6 and 7 is not important, though it might have happened just as J. K. Rowling writes, but there are some minor changes. For example, I don't think Harry and Ginny ever dated in my universe. Other than that, just know that Draco, while often thought of having secretly been Voldemort's supporter, is still remaining an upstanding citizen.
b>A/N 2: My undying thanks goes to Lii, Merle and especially Akalei for betaing this. Kisses :*

2. Chapter 2 (Reviews - 8) 5806 words

A/N: It has been pointed out that a character I'm bringing in next was older and couldn't have gone to school with Draco, but I'm taking liberties with it. :) Also, thank you to Equinox Chick who told me what would a British copper say when arresting someone. I'm quoting her. Beta job well-done by the wonderful Ness Frost. :)

3. Chapter 3 (Reviews - 5) 3910 words

According to HP lexicon 'cockatrice' is a combination of a rooster and a dragon or snake. A cockatrice went on a rampage in the Triwizard Tournament of 1792 (GF15). Betaed by Lill and Ness Frost. Thank you!

4. Chapter 4 (Reviews - 6) 4580 words

Higgs' opinion about cats and their spit comes from a PC game called Elders' Scrolls. So does the saying about sleeping dragons. Betaed by Lill and Ness Frost. Thanks!

5. Chapter 5 (Reviews - 5) 5573 words

I added some information to the 1st scene of the 3rd chapter. You don't have to reread if you are lazy. The scope of it is, that Witty Wally's body was found near the murder weapon. That could explain why Witty Wally was murdered. Perhaps he saw the murderer burying the stuff? Of course, there are other possibilities. ;)
Sorry about adding it now, I just hadn't realised that there would be no perfect moment to mention it later. A lot of thanks to my betas Ness Frost and Jessica Malfoy.

6. Chapter 6 (Reviews - 3) 5499 words

As far as I know, hindrance and obstruction charms are of my own making, no point in looking them up. Also, I would like to thank Justice for her help. One sentence in the chapter is hers. And Ginny's quip about dual personality comes from a PC game called Morrowind: Elders' Scrolls.
I want to thank everyone who managed to wait it out and finish reading. Especially those who took a bit of time and left their reviews. I loved reading them and your guesses. Congrats to those who guessed it right, I know there were at least some. And finally, I want to thank all those people who helped, inspired, proofread and supported me through this rough patch. (My big sis E and uni co-sufferer M should be mentioned here.) This has been the most difficult story I've ever written. I couldn't have possibly finish without Akalei's and Jessica Malfoy's in-deapth beta-work and Ness Frost is worthy of my deepest thanks for spotting my plot inconsistencies, drawing me back from over-dramatizing and helping me to analyze the characters. I love you!