Payback

Chapter 2- A View of the Action


"Do you know a good spell to get this stain out?" Ron asked his best friend, Harry Potter, as they walked out of the Great Hall.

"No, but there's not a doubt that Hermione will be able to get it out for you. Sometimes, I think she knows more spells than Flitwick." Harry looked at the pumpkin juice stain on Ron's robe and shook his head. "You want to head up to the dormitories and get one of my robes for today? Wearing that thing around would be humiliating."

"Yeah, why not. Anything's better than smelling like Hagrid's garden all day. Well, more like a mix between Hagrid's garden and moth balls. Where does Mum keep these robes all summer? They smell like Fred and George's room!"

"Is it really that bad in there?"

"Yeah, with all the experimenting they do, you need a gas mask to walk in."

Harry laughed as they headed towards the stairs.

"Aw, bugger, my shirt's getting pumpkin juice all over it. I really hope Hermione knows something that will get this out, or Mum will kill me. Well, at least I didn't spill Firewhisky on myself like George did. I'll tell you, Mum looked murderous. She-" Ron was interrupted when Harry tapped him on the shoulder. Ron turned to look at his best mate.

"What's up?"

Harry said nothing, just pointed towards the staircase. Everyone on the staircase was looking at two people, a boy and girl, who were coming down the stairs.

Normally, something like this would only attract minimal attention from the students at Hogwarts, but this was definitely abnormal. Usually, a couple, so in love (or lust) that they couldn't contain themselves in front of their peers, running off to a secluded classroom was gossip for a few hours, or even a day sometimes. But this, this was bound to be a shocker for a week at least.

Ron was in complete shock. He never even dreamed of this image, but now it was reality, in front of his eyes.

His sister, Ginny Weasley.

And Draco Malfoy.

Ginny was leading Draco down the stairway by his tie. She was giggly and had a seductive look in her eyes, with her lips in a half smile. Draco looked completely love-struck, lust covering every feature of his face. No doubt about it; they were headed for the empty classroom near the bottom of the stairs.

Ginny tripped on the last stair and landed on the Entrance Hall floor. Without hesitation, Draco picked her up in his arm and nuzzled his nose into her hair. When they reached the door to the empty classroom, he dropped her back onto her feet and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in for a kiss.

Not just a kiss, a full on snog.

They slowly backed up until they were inside the classroom, and then Ginny shut the door behind them and they were no longer visible.

There were snickers from the stairs, but two figures standing in the middle of the Entrance Hall were stone still. After a few moments to recover from his shock, Ron ran to the door and started pounding on it.

"MALFOY! GET AWAY FROM MY SISTER! GINNY, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? HE'S A MALFOY! HE'S JUST USING YOU! GET OUT OF THERE RIGHT NOW! DON'T MAKE ME TELL MUM ABOUT THIS! DO YOU WANT A HOWLER FROM HER? OUT OF THERE RIGHT THIS MOMENT!" His fists were pounding the wood, and his feet were kicking it. Luckily, all the doors at Hogwarts had been charmed not to break or crack under pressure such as this.

"Ron," Harry said, coming up behind his friend and placing a hand on his shoulder, "let her be."

"Are you mad?" Ron asked, momentarily stopping his rampage on the door. "My sister's in there, with a Malfoy. There's no telling what he'll do to her! I've got to help her."

"Ron, do you ever use your wand?"

Ron looked slightly embarrassed at this. "Well, I was just, you know, checking, to see if, well, the door was, you know, locked."

"And what do we do if doors are locked?"

"Spell?"

"Yes, Ron. A spell usually works better than brute strength. Now, if you'll allow me." Ron stepped aside, looking sheepishly at his shoes. "Now, let's see if this works: Alohomora. That should do the trick. Now we can just turn the knob and-" The door didn't open. "What the-?" Harry tried again, but it was to no use. From the other side of the door, muffled giggling could barely be heard. Unfortunately, Ron heard.

"MALFOY, GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY SISTER! LEAVE HER ALONE RIGHT NOW! I SWEAR, WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, I'LL-" No one was ever able to find out what Ron would do when he got his hands on Malfoy. Right then, Professor Snape hit him with a Silencio charm so that Ron was moving his mouth but no sound was coming out. The pounding continued though, much to Snape's dissatisfaction.

"Weasley, stop that pounding at once!" Ron stopped and turned to face his Potions professor, but not without first giving the door a dirty glance. "What is the meaning of this?" Snape demanded.

Ron started moving his mouth, but due to the jinx cast by Snape, no sound came out. "Potter, tell me what happened."

"Uhm, well, you see, Crookshanks, Hermione's cat, just ran in there with Ron's inkwell. He was just trying to get the cat to come out and give him his inkwell so that we wouldn't be late for Transfiguration."

"Then why was he yelling for Mr. Malfoy?"

"Because, well, you see, Ron believes that Malfoy was behind this whole thing. Kind of put Crookshanks up to it, in a way. He was just overreacting, Professor, nothing more."

"A likely story. But, since I do not have a truth potion with me, I have no choice but to believe you, Potter. Mr. Weasley would no doubt have agreed with you, if only he could talk, right, Weasley?" Ron nodded. "Ah well, I don't want to be responsible for your tardiness to McGonagall's class. Here is an inkwell for you, Mr. Weasley." Snape drew one out of the air. "Be on your way."

When Harry and Ron did not move, he added, "NOW!"

They jumped into action and ran towards the Transfiguration room, almost doomed to tardiness. As they turned the corner, Ron shot a last hateful glance at the door to the no longer empty classroom.

Author notes: Wow, I'm really overwhelmed by the response! Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I always make a point of responding to my reviewers, so I would like to thank SniperTeamTango, cherryredxx, Shwadi, and Mungihead for their support! An extra big thank you to bigreader for telling me about this site! Thanks a ton!

Leave a Review