Ginevra Weasley has woken up in an alternate reality, but no one else seems to have noticed - not even her fiance. Now she has to travel to the past to get her future back.

 photo chaostheory.jpg

This gorgeous artwork was created by Hannah Askance.

Category: Works in Progress
Rating: Not Naughty
Characters: Arthur Weasley, Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, Lucius Malfoy, Molly Weasley, Narcissa Malfoy
Compliant with: All but epilogue
Era: Future AU, Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Action, Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Completed: No
Series: None

Chapters: 7 | Word count: 20163 | Read count: 13032 | Published: Apr 23, 2013 | Updated: Jun 04, 2013
[Report This]

(Reviews - 34) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook
Story notes: Time travel fic for the DG Forum's Butterfly Effect Challenge at Fanfiction.net.

Not naughty (yet).

A side note:

I've had some readers raise questions regarding the "time traveling" aspect of the story, and want to clear up that time has been rewritten, meaning that versions of characters have essentially been erased.

There are many versions of how time works when it comes to traveling, however of all of the types that are generally accepted in fiction I have gone with the kind that is closest to what we find in the Harry Potter universe without conflicting with the story's plot line. I did a lot of research about time travel, and the story works on the idea that time is continually correcting itself, which is how the story is able to happen at all.

If you're still not sure what I mean (*minor spoiler, as of chapter seven*), we can look as Narcissa as an example of this. In the story there is only one Narcissa Malfoy, however she exists with memories of her initial timeline. This is where my version of time travel differs from Canon: it is impossible for multiple "versions" of a character to exist simultaneously. Instead they either merge, or that are totally erased and rewritten as with Draco and Lucius. The only exception to this is Ginevra, who has remained exactly as she was in the initial timeline.

If you're still not sure, feel free to ask questions in your reviews of the story and I'll see if I can explain it any more thoroughly.

1. Displaced (Reviews - 6) 2568 words



2. Confined (Reviews - 5) 2608 words



3. Extracted (Reviews - 2) 2148 words



4. Absconded (Reviews - 5) 2319 words



5. Discerned (Reviews - 4) 3241 words



6. Sojourned (Reviews - 7) 3631 words



7. Diverted (Reviews - 5) 3648 words