Ginny Weasley jumps from job to job, never able to hold one down. When she comes into a bit of a windfall, her friends and family try to convince her to be practical, but Ginny needs to get away. A chance encounter with Draco Malfoy in Italy teaches her that the only person she needs to rely on is herself. EWE.

Written for Interhouse Fest 2013.

 photo AWaNP-Banner-2_zpsuwsldiyc.jpg

Category: Long and Completed
Rating: Sorta Naughty
Characters: Blaise Zabini (boy), Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Other Characters
Compliant with: All but epilogue
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes
Series: None

Chapters: 4 | Word count: 20557 | Read count: 12424 | Published: Dec 16, 2013 | Updated: Mar 20, 2015
[Report This]

(Reviews - 21) Microsoft Word Printer
Story notes:

Blanket Disclaimer: All characters and terminology belong to JK Rowling.

A/N: Let me start off by saying that the majority of this story takes place on a tiny Italian island off the coast of Sardinia called La Maddalena. I lived in Italy for quite a few years while growing up and in La Maddalena for some of those years. There is no way my writing about this place could possibly do it any justice, and I apologize for that in advance. I do hope that this story feels realistic and maybe captures your imagination. If you'd like to see what La Maddalena is really like (and judge for yourself whether I've done it justice), check out this video I found on YouTube (not mine!).

Also, I don't speak a lick of Italian, so if anyone out there has a better grasp of the language, feel free to correct any mistakes I've made. Lastly, thanks so much to my beta, D, for all her help with this story. This has been a labor of love, and boy did I labor.

1. Chapter One (Reviews - 9) 5382 words

Reviews appreciated!

2. Chapter Two (Reviews - 5) 3864 words

Once again, if any of the Italian is wrong, feel free to correct me! Reviews appreciated!

3. Chapter Three (Reviews - 4) 5882 words

There is one more chapter after this one. Reviews appreciated!

4. Chapter Four (Reviews - 3) 5429 words

So. I did NOT intend to take this long to update what I considered to be a completed story!! And I am so, so, so sorry for the wait. Editing the ending turned into rewriting the ending, which turned into writer's block, and then obstacles in the form of multiple writing commitments, BUT FINALLY. It is here. The last chapter! I hope some of you have stuck around to see the end of this story, and I hope you like it! Reviews appreciated!