Draco’s morning was not going well.

It was two days until Draco was to bring Ginny Weasley to the Dark Lord, and his father had ambushed him with an announcement that thoroughly ruined his already testy mood.

He stormed over to Ginny’s room.

Draco had checked on her often, but kept his visits short. He left the house elves to deliver her meals. After that nearly disastrous meeting the other night, he was always careful not to step into her room past her doorway.

When he reached her door, he laid his forehead on it in frustration, exhaling one long surly breath. He knocked once before entering.
She was sitting at the vanity, staring into the mirror. Her eyes were glazed over but they cleared when she saw him in the reflection. Her eyes still showed deep circles, and he wondered if the sleeping draughts weren’t working.


“Weasley,” He made no attempt to enter the room, keeping his hands on either side of the door frame, “The Dark Lord is coming for dinner, and … you’re expected.”


Her expression did not change.


“Alright.”


“I’ll come collect you tonight.” And before she could answer or acknowledge he left her.




X


Draco, Lucius and Ginny sat at the long mahogany table in the dining hall, awaiting the Dark Lord.


Ginny was silent, staring down nervously at her hands. Draco impatiently tapped the table with his fingers, and Lucius sat stiffly, a pleased expression on his face.

The Dark Lord was coming to check on the girl, and further explain his plans.

All too soon, after a booming knock on the door, Tom Riddle joined them.

Draco looked away as Tom walked silently toward where Ginny sat. He reached a hand down and brushed the side of her neck.

“Hello Ginevra,” his voice silky sweet, “I’m so glad to see you here. You look well. Are they taking good care of you?”

He glanced down at her left breast. “Did they heal you?”

Ginny nodded slowly, still looking down. Draco could see her trembling.

“Good… that’s good.”

He waved his wand over Ginny, and a small glow emanated from her gently before disappearing.

“Good, everyone has managed to keep their hands to themselves,” he glanced pointedly at Draco.

Tom reached down to her hand, bringing it to his lips. “I just wanted to see you my dear, but now, you’ll have to excuse us, as we have some- ah- business to discuss amongst gentleman. You understand, don’t you princess?”


Ginny looked up at him surprised, then looked to Draco.

“Oh, um- I’ll just-go…” Tom pulled her to her feet, and then placed a cold kiss on her cheek. Lucius summoned a house elf to escort her out, and the trio were alone.


X

Draco tried desperately to not actively roll his eyes as Tom monologued. About himself, mudbloods, muggles, himself again… The conversation dragged and Draco sipped his wine wishing it were stronger. He wanted, but not really, to find out what Tom’s plans were.

He tuned back into the conversation when he heard the red-heads name.

Tom spoke with relish, with delight, and a sinister smile played on his face.

“I prepared her. Six years ago in the chamber, I prepared her. She gave more and more to me as she wrote in the diary… and then at the end, I put a bit of myself in her. She was willing, she was innocent, and came to me in the chamber. She gave her consent. Of course, she had no idea what she was consenting to… and I made sure to remove her memory of it. But I kept mine…”

He waved his wand and a memory played in a cloud above the dining table.

The blurred images cleared and Draco saw flashes of that night in the chamber.

An eleven year old Ginny Weasley, on the ground, crying and shaking.
Tom unbuttoning the top of her blouse, exposing the white flesh above her left breast.

A dagger, just like the one from the ceremony room, cutting into the young girls flesh.

Ginny screaming, begging him to stop.

Tom cutting his own hand, but instead of blood, black sticky ink oozed out of it.

Toms hand on her chest, the ink mixing with her blood.

Then Toms hand on her protesting mouth, choking her with the ink…

The memory ended. And Tom sighed happily.

“I put a piece of myself in her. It lay dormant these six years… that’s how I was able to access my teenage body… she carried it for me within herself. She is bound to me, bound to me in blood and mind. And now, when the ritual is completed, I will be able to keep this form permanently, as well as access the dormant powers that lie within her, growing but untapped since I put a part of myself within her. The power is in her blood…”

Lucius nodded thoughtfully. “So, kill her my Lord? Drink her blood?”

“Not quite Lucius, I must drink her blood but I must also keep her alive… you see, we are bound already bound together in mind and blood, but we must bond physically. Her purity is powerful, and it will cement us together. And then, THEN,” Tom licked his lips in excitement, “she will give me offspring. The children she will give me will be born with both my power and hers, and consuming their blood will allow me to absorb all of their magic, and I shall be as the Gods, having all knowing, all encompassing power, growing with each child I consume, and will yield life and death according to my whims. And she will be mine, and she will give me that power, and will have everything, EVERYTHING!”

He pounded the table with his fist with those last words. The following silence was deafening.

Draco found he could bear no more, and as Lucius and Tom left the dining hall through the side entrance, Draco exited through the main doors.

He threw the doors open, and behind them stood Ginny Weasley, eyes wide with terror. The idiot house elf had only led her outside the door, not to her room.


“I-I heard the whole thing.”
Leave a Review